We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 »

The problem with boards
Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Is you can't find straight ones anymore. Go to lowes and try to find ten straight 2x4s. Can't do it. My dad complains about it everytime we go in there.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 6:22 pm

I-79 Alumni
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: The problem with boards
WMITC
From Here
Lowe's is the McDonald's of hardware stores. The good old fashioned lumber yard is a dying breed.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 6:30 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
And good lord Menards. You have to get a map to find anything.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 6:31 pm

I-79 Alumni

Pitt Hater
From Charleston, WV
Largely due to the end of good old growth hardwood for framing lumber.
Pine just can't stay ststraight even if it was before it was milled. By the time it dries out it bows bends twists every which way.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 6:37 pm
Forget what you learned in elementary school. The only ”participation trophy” you’re awarded from life is death. That’s the one thing we all get just for showing up. In the meantime, if you want something better, you have to earn it. - Matt Walsh

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Towson, MD
Im the resident turd award/powerball numbers, so I don't mind saying irrelevant nonsense, but believe me I've had enough PMs (one from someone that has a blue bar under their name) who not only agree with me often but have the same complaint about this message board as I do....

You people are crybabies.

Absolute children.

It's never that you just suck at picking good 2x4s, it's "The clerks ripped us off"
It's never that the you could have done a better job shopping, it's "Lowes wants their favorite woods to themselves" or "Lowes isn't going to let their best wood go to us"

It's always an excuse and now no one gets to build nice wooden things for very obvious reasons (mainly no one is willing to dig for good 2x4's, which EVERYONE including our own mothers admit was the biggest factor) and it's not "I disagree but respect Lowes' company business" or "It was close to being straight, I think that wood would have sufficed"

Nope it's "They just wanted nice hardwood to themselves"

Always someone ripping you off. Never that you were wrong or that our ability to choose 2x4s sucks, its always someone conspiring against you and ripping you off.

Crybabies.

I thought there were mostly men on this board, some even professionals and not just the drunks like Allen, but you play up the victim card more than battered women, because battered women usually make it up when being abused. Always someone elses fault, someone screwing you over.

What a loser mentality you people live with.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 6:42 pm

Pitt Hater
How come no one pm's me? I feel left out.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 6:48 pm

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
My wood isn't perfectly straight either, but my wife doesn't complain.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 6:52 pm

Pitt Hater
From austin, tx
splinters

Posted on: 12/9/2014 6:54 pm

WMITC
From Here
Perhaps you should get your wood in the morning.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 8:04 pm

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Oh, here's the thread. Sweet! Thought it got deleted.

I like to pretend I'm a Rutgers fan in the morning and chop wood.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 9:42 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Now you're talking fire wood. I cut up a wild cheery yesterday. Man that thing puts out some heat.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 9:44 pm

I-79 Alumni

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
You should take proper precautions and wear gloves while choppin wood if your getting after it real good. I've gotten blisters before!

Posted on: 12/9/2014 9:52 pm

Makin' it Rain
I was in my wood-paneled study perusing leather-bound PMs and basking in the scent of rich mahogany when it occurred to me: PVC "lumber" is the future.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 9:53 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
I'll be over with cigars and some single malt scotch.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 9:59 pm

I-79 Alumni

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Quote:

35-5-10-2-44 wrote:
Im the resident turd award/powerball numbers, so I don't mind saying irrelevant nonsense, but believe me I've had enough PMs (one from someone that has a blue bar under their name) who not only agree with me often but have the same complaint about this message board as I do....

Absolute children.

It's never that you just suck at picking good 2x4s, it's "The clerks ripped us off"
It's never that the you could have done a better job shopping, it's "Lowes wants their favorite woods to themselves" or "Lowes isn't going to let their best wood go to us"

It's always an excuse and now no one gets to build nice wooden things for very obvious reasons (mainly no one is willing to dig for good 2x4's, which EVERYONE including our own mothers admit was the biggest factor) and it's not "I disagree but respect Lowes' company business" or "It was close to being straight, I think that wood would have sufficed"

Always someone ripping you off. Never that you were wrong or that our ability to choose 2x4s sucks, its always someone conspiring against you and ripping you off.

Crybabies.

I thought there were mostly men on this board, some even professionals and not just the drunks like Allen, but you play up the victim card more than battered women, because battered women usually make it up when being abused. Always someone elses fault, someone screwing you over.

Complaining about complaining.

Well, that's one way to go.

But I like that the thread was complaining about wooden boards and your post complained about both wooden board complaining and about the message board complaining.

Complaint squared.

Posted on: 12/10/2014 12:00 am

Eat Shit Pitt

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Quote:

35-5-10-2-44 wrote:

Absolute children.

Crybabies.

But I like that the thread was complaining about wooden boards and your post complained about both wooden board complaining and about the message board complaining.

Complaint squared.

Really? You are commenting in here but not in the original hissy fit meltdown thread? Working for the man has changed you bro. I miss the old Bubbles. You groweds up and you groweds up and you groweds up.

Posted on: 12/10/2014 7:57 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
This board is warped

Open in new window

Posted on: 12/10/2014 8:35 am

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
I got 99 problems but morning wood ain't one.

Open in new window

Posted on: 12/10/2014 8:57 am

I-79 Alumni

Here for the Beer
From Fairmont WV
I took this pill one time and had wood for 6 hours and I'm pretty sure it had a pulse. Hour one my girl loved me. Hour 6 she feared me. Nothing would make it go away. Not even a bucket of ice, which was pretty excruciating when you follow the 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off routine. It sounds great in theory, but the novelty wears off really quick (unlike the pill). On top of that it spiked my blood pressure to highs that shouldn't be possible. My face was so red from my elevated blood pressure I could fry an egg on my forehead. This is something that you don't want to go to the ER for. So I was confined to my apartment all day and the following three days. Why three days, because my gait resembled a cowboy that just rode a horse across the contry. For anyone who may experience this problem in the future I recommend watching episodes of Roseanne. After about 45 minutes of Roseanne my problem seemed to fix itself.

Posted on: 12/10/2014 9:06 am

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Quote:

35-5-10-2-44 wrote:

Absolute children.

Crybabies.

Complaint squared.

Really? You are commenting in here but not in the original hissy fit meltdown thread? Working for the man has changed you bro. I miss the old Bubbles. You groweds up and you groweds up and you groweds up.

What original hissy fit meltdown thread? I been busy bangin Moderator Groupie Babes. Musta missed it. What is the thread called? Now I'm curious.

Posted on: 12/10/2014 9:56 am

Eat Shit Pitt

(1) 2 3 4 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved