We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Re: The Website...
Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
Quote:

jbolt128 wrote:
1. Time to create a new sight and start the migration. 2. Would not be too difficult to start a new forum. WMITC 2.0

Heck, 1) it was and 2) it wasn't.

Posted on: 4/2 11:46 am

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
There are no "e"s or arrows on my browser. It just says "Ystrday."

Open in new window

Posted on: 4/6 5:43 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
Stanley was Otto Warmbier.
Think about it..

Posted on: 6/28 12:54 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
I think we can confirm at this point, "Stanley" was someone from TOS that probably crowd-funded the purchase of this site to effectively let it die a slow death.

Hell, even the images for the years old stories are no longer working.

Posted on: 7/20 11:20 am

From Alkol, Lincoln County
TOS was a spinoff from this website. a few members decided to start their own after they were scorned for some reason i forget. to think they wanted this site to die several years after the 'great departure' is odd.

Posted on: 7/20 11:34 am

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Quote:

msaul37 wrote:
TOS was a spinoff from this website. a few members decided to start their own after they were scorned for some reason i forget. to think they wanted this site to die several years after the 'great departure' is odd.

Well, an extremely regular soapbox-shitstirrer buying the site then disappearing forever with the only Admin powers is also "odd".

Posted on: 7/20 12:31 pm

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Yeah it really makes no sense. I'm thinking the guy found an untimely end and left no instructions for the management of the site post-Stanley.

At this point our only hope is that someone does a benevolent hack and takes over management - if that's even possible.

Posted on: 7/20 2:26 pm

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
I think we can confirm at this point, "Stanley" was someone from TOS that probably crowd-funded the purchase of this site to effectively let it die a slow death.

Hell, even the images for the years old stories are no longer working.

Photobucket recently got greedy and disabled hotlinking pics from their site without having a paid account. That means millions of pics all over the internet quit working this month unless the person pays or moves the pics to a new host.

Posted on: 7/20 4:47 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
I (and maybe EERCrazy on rare occasions)still engage in this site from time to time but mostly we're at the aforementioned "TOS" aka ****.com
I enjoy both sites but am predominately a member of TMN. Please believe me, NO one on TOS/TMN G-A-F about what happens here. It just isn't a blip on the radar anymore...I really did enjoy the old days and people here. I hope some new life gets pumped into this website, it really is a strange,slow decay.

EDIT: And still the butt-hurt is in place with the site that hordes of former WMITCers created and migrated to as it's name remains blocked. SMFH, explains a lot.

Posted on: 7/20 8:18 pm

WMITC
From Here
Trust me when I tell you I'd do something if there was anything I could do. I've lost count of the number of emails I've sent to Stanley with no rely.

I probably wouldn't have agreed to moderate this site if I had known Stanley was going to disappear forever. Even the test site he gave us to try things no longer works.

Posted on: 7/20 10:58 pm

Pitt Hater
What is "TOS" and "TMN" if I might ask?

Posted on: 7/21 12:39 pm

Suspected Punter
From Parsons, WV
I've been on here a while and regularly check in, but I hate to see this place slowly phasing out. I've heard mention of this "other" site too, but not sure what it is, I'd like to join if WMITC's members have migrated there.

Posted on: 7/21 1:46 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
Quote:

wvulaw wrote:
I've been on here a while and regularly check in, but I hate to see this place slowly phasing out. I've heard mention of this "other" site too, but not sure what it is, I'd like to join if WMITC's members have migrated there.

Google, The Mountaineer Nation Index Page. It was created early in 2009 by former members here. There was some issues with trolls and former owners not standing up for members plus never proved but denied yet often suspected they were reading personal messages on the this site. Lots of threads on TMN encompassing a wide range of topics.
C'mon over and sign up, you can belong to both sites, we're all Mountaineers after all.
Conservative right-wing enthusiasts preferred! J/K!! Libs and Consv have a good time going at it but the Mtnr sports is the heart of it.Tell them Tito sent you..

Open in new window

Posted on: 7/21 2:44 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
Quote:

titotostito wrote:
Tell them Tito sent you..

I did and three hours later two big Italians with bats showed up at my house trying to collect gambling debts.

Posted on: 7/21 7:10 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:
Quote:

titotostito wrote:
Tell them Tito sent you..

I did and three hours later two big Italians with bats showed up at my house trying to collect gambling debts.

Not surprised you didn't recognize them. That was Maadman and Jude. Was there a little Korean slinking down in their car?

Posted on: 7/21 7:52 pm

Pitt Hater
From Chokie Burg
This is the only Mountaineer board I have ever been on, but I just signed up for TMN. I don't live in Bama anymore so I changed my username there. I wish I could change my username here.

Posted on: 7/21 9:10 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
I think in maybe a year's time I'll be the only person here typing in all caps about how bad the refs are.

Posted on: 7/21 9:30 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
TMN seems kind of dated. To me the best one is Scout's forum. Easiest to read and usually has latest news.

Posted on: 7/21 9:34 pm

Party Machine
From Northern WV
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
TMN seems kind of dated. To me the best one is Scout's forum. Easiest to read and usually has latest news.

What's that saying about glass houses? I know no one here has control over it, but everything about WMITC (even the name) is VERY dated. But yeah, Scout does have a nice setup.

Posted on: 7/22 3:10 am

Pitt Hater
From Roanoke, VA
There has been talk recently about a new layout, but honestly we dont care about it much. TMN layout is pretty much the same as it has always been, and its about the content more than the design. And to be fair, imo TMN layout is way better than this hot mess here haha.

My first post here in 8 years!

Re: Scout/BGN/etc... yea there are more people on those sites, and sure they are pretty.... but those are also cesspools, you get the absolute WORST of the fanbase there. I prefer posting with the good people I already know, tailgate with (we have had several site tailgates over the years), with good info coming from insiders that post.

Feel free to come on over and join us :) We have had 10+ users sign up from here just since Tito posted that yesterday.

the*mountain*eer*nation*com without the *s

Posted on: 7/22 6:46 am

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved