We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Skyler Howard
WMITC
From Here
Geno Smith and Marc Bulger are 1-2 in most WVU career passing categories.

Skyler Howard is 3rd or 4th in all of them.

Maybe it's time to show the kid a little respect.

Here are Howard's numbers with 2 games to play:

* 3rd in passing yards -- Geno, Bulger, Howard

* 3rd in TD passes -- Geno, Bulger, Howard (one more and he'll tie for 2nd)

* 4th in 300-yard games -- Geno, Bulger, Trickett, Howard

* 4th in attempts and 4th in completions -- Geno, Bulger, Pat White, Howard (needs 10 more completions to pass PW into 3rd place)

12th in interceptions -- That ranks him BETTER than Dan Kendra, Oliver Luck, Marc Bulger, Major Harris, Rasheed Marshall, Mike Sherwood, Bernie Galiffa, Fred Wyant and some other damn good QBs you never heard of.

These are career records dating back to 1891. Sure, they didn't pass much in 1891, but we're talking about ALL-TIME records here. All the quarterbacks we ever had. Ever.

And, he's only been a starter for a shade over 2 years. Geno and Bulger had 4 years here.

Now, go ahead and argue that Howard owes it all to Holgorsen's system and that we used to run the ball more often than we do now. Then I'll ask you, did you watch yesterday's game?

Posted on: 11/27/2016 12:07 pm

Re: Skyler Howard
Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
I wish Skyler would listen to and focus on the vast majority of fans who appreciate and support him and not the bleating cretins who used to cry at grade school dodge ball.

Posted on: 11/27/2016 12:20 pm

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

WMITC
From Here
^ Like

Posted on: 11/27/2016 12:24 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
I'm going to try and make a sign that says "True Mountaineer fans love Skyler Howard" and find a way to give it to him or at least show it to him on the Man Trip against Baylor.

Posted on: 11/27/2016 12:33 pm

WMITC
From Here
Bump

Posted on: 11/27/2016 3:24 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From nj - wv - ca
My only issue with howard is, that at times, it seems to me he tries to do too much or make it about him and his "chip on his shoulder".

He runs nearly every-time a read option is called, he's adequate at running, but he's not the johnny manziel elusive he seems to thinks he is. He's also constantly trying to make throws only guys like tom brady can make.

I'm not questioning his balls, kid has balls, but I think a lot of the time he goes into business for himself, hence why the more talented a team is, the worse he usually plays.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not denying his resume, or complaining about having him, and I could be completely off here all together.

Posted on: 11/27/2016 3:42 pm

Pitt Hater
From Chokie Burg
Quote:

titotostito wrote:
I wish Skyler would listen to and focus on the vast majority of fans who appreciate and support him and not the bleating cretins who used to cry at grade school dodge ball.

This

Posted on: 11/27/2016 3:53 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
The fans that boo Howard are the fair weather loser fans that left during the Oklahoma game.

I've liked the kid since he came in for the injured Tricket during the K-state game. The kid definitely has moxy. I also like the fact he never believed all those telling him he couldn't be or wasn't good enough to be a D1 QB. Any true West Virginian should be able to relate.

I'm just glad I wasn't at the game when some "fans" cheered when he got hurt. That was totally uncalled for disgusting behavior.

Posted on: 11/27/2016 4:32 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Me and a couple of other fans were pissing a lot of people off at the oklahoma Gane. When they were leaving we were getting mad and started yelling/asking others where they were going and why they were leaving.

Posted on: 11/27/2016 5:24 pm

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Howard has done well. His improvement from last year to this year has been key to a very good year for the team. One of his best attributes is his toughness and ability to stay healthy. After the Trickett years it's nice to have a physical presence at that position. It doesn't matter how good you are if you can't handle the pounding. Ask RG3.

I've really enjoyed his tenure as our QB and his time manning my avatar. Will the next QB up be as good or better? I sure hope so, but I don't think it's a given like some seem to. Time will tell.

Posted on: 11/27/2016 5:39 pm

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
I just watched the video of Howard's interview linked in the ISU game thread. The comment about it being "another chance for him and his mother to get boo'd" on senior day is really upsetting, because it is true. He may not get boo'd during the introductions but how long til it happens in the game, his first incomplete pass? Likely. Skyler Howard is not the most talented QB in D1 but he has been good enough to QB our team to a 9-2 record so far. He goes out there and gives it his all every game for every offensive snap despite the fact that some of the fans don't like him. If you think about it, that's pretty impressive that he is still out there working for his team, shows a lot about his character.

I know that most of our fan base does have class and does at least appreciate the effort and accomplishments of Skyler's and this team's in general. Unfortunately too many of the fans who give the entire fanbase a bad name will be at the home games and those ones will boo enough for it to be heard on the field and on the TV. To me that's shitty and makes me hurt for the kids on the entire team, not just Skyler.

It is funny to me that people will complain when top level QB's don't want to come to WVU, maybe they know that they're 100% effort will get them boo'd? It is likely the same fans that boo our current QB are the same ones that do all the complaining that QB's aren't lining up to come here.

I am as proud a WVU fan as the next. I represent my Alma Mater with pride and I'm almost always wearing something Blue or Gold or with the WV logo on it but last weekend I was embarrassed by the fans at the game when it hit the fan. I remeber when WVU fans got a bad rep for burning couches and being nasty to opposing fans/teams, and I was okay with that. Now we are known as ungrateful fans who boo their own players, and that's really shitty.

Posted on: 11/27/2016 8:01 pm

RadioShark wrote:
This game has been so thisisridic!

Pitt Hater
From Chokie Burg
Quote:

thisisridic wrote:

It is funny to me that people will complain when top level QB's don't want to come to WVU, maybe they know that they're 100% effort will get them boo'd? It is likely the same fans that boo our current QB are the same ones that do all the complaining that QB's aren't lining up to come here.

You are most likely correct on this. Plus they are the same ones that want Holgorsen gone and Dick Fraud back

Posted on: 11/27/2016 8:12 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Here
I thought Skyler's Big 12 commercial for the conference during the second half was cool. I didn't realize he is working on his Masters degree.

Posted on: 11/27/2016 8:36 pm

Scientists discover, understand and inform.

Environmentalists preach.

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

BamaNeer wrote:
Quote:

thisisridic wrote:

You are most likely correct on this. Plus they are the same ones that want Holgorsen gone and Dick Fraud back

I don't understand it either. It's not like Rodriguez had any undefeated seasons. Even with his best teams we never loss less than one, and I'm pretty sure that only happened once.

I've enjoyed Howard's time here. He has brought us a lot of exciting moments. His physical attributes are solid. He can get a little undisciplined under pressure, but for the most part he's kept this offense pretty potent this season.

Posted on: 11/27/2016 9:45 pm

Noob
I know that the players pay attention to these sites, let's all show our support for Skyler. Thank you for all your effort, and enjoy your last two games. I am an old mountaineer fan, go mountaineers!!!

Posted on: 11/28/2016 8:24 am

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
I am not a person who boos our players, but I am from Philadelphia. If you play sports where fans pay $50 and up to watch you play, you better have tough skin because we will boo.... Right or wrong it is the nature of the business. If you want to be entertained where the audience will politely clap, go to a symphony performance.

Posted on: 11/28/2016 8:46 am

Here for the Beer
From USA
Skyler has made some rather great plays for us. On the other hand, he has made some really dumb decisions resulting in picks. If he cannot take the booing then o well. He is getting to go to WVU for free.

Posted on: 11/28/2016 9:09 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From South Charleston, West Virginia
I think he has every right to be upset with the fans being that way but it comes with the territory, you cant throw a interceptions or miss wide open check downs without fans getting frustrated. He's gotta learn that the QB position is at the top, its right next to the coach. So he's gotta have thicker skin. Now if everyone Boo's him on saturday when he walks out there with his mother then he has every right to be pissed off. other than that, just shut up & play.

Posted on: 11/28/2016 10:56 am

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
I hate that he feels badly about his time here because the fans have booed him and he has been written about unfavorably at times by fans on websites. He is underappreciated by many.

Unfortunately, this "chip on his shoulder" underdog mentality that fuels him to succeed that has been a positive for him, may be his only fuel and it may now be a negative for him. You can only be driven by disrespect for so long until you reach a point where you become bitter. He seems to have become bitter.

This doesnt mean that he wont win 2 more Mountaineer games and it has fueled him to become number 3 in several WVU QB categories, which means he has been a big success, but the cost seems to be that he is now like the Grinch. That is a high cost to pay for always using the disrespect fuel to keep your engine revving.

Heck, come to think of it, he should be thanking us for always keeping him motivated. Without our boos and articles, he would become complacent, lazy and happy. Those are terrible quarterback attributes. Skyler Howard. You're welcome!

Posted on: 11/28/2016 11:24 am

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Grant Ave. Warrior
From nj - wv - ca
Correct me if I'm wrong...it's "Senior Day" not "Skyler Howard Day", right?

This just goes back to what I was saying in a previous post, he seems to make it about himself and his "chip on his shoulder" a lot.

How many seniors played sparingly and are just happy to be on the team? How many of these guys gave their blood and sweat these last 4-5 years?

Senior day isn't about celebrating them? just another chance for "Skyler and his mom to get booed?"

Give me a break, wvu gave skyler a chance, it wasn't the other way around, he could have been celebrating his senior day on stephen f. austin's field...

Posted on: 11/28/2016 2:13 pm

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved