« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: Skyler Howard
Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:
Regarding Howard - my critique was never aimed at Howard as much as it was Holgy.

We all knew Howard had limitations but would KILL himself to get the job done. I remember several hits when I thought he would never get back up.

My biggest complaint was always that Holgy didn't have a better QB recruited and in the system. I'm sure it felt like an attack on Howard to Howard (which, I guess, in a way, it was). But I always put the BLAME on Holgy for having to play Howard as his last good option.

Agree 100%. It makes me wonder does Holgs go out and actually watch these QB's play in person. I just get the feeling if he watched Crest play in high school, he would know he's not my guy, or Sills, wouldn't he have noticed that weird glitch when he throws?

It's the million dollar question isn't it? And so far the answer almost cost Hiolgy his job. If he didn't pull out a ten win season last year he was probably in real danger of getting canned. For sure he would have gotten better QB recruits if he could have. So the question is why hasn't he? Even to this day he hasn't recruited an effective QB out of high school that has proven himself in the field.

This needs to get fixed.

Posted on: 4/27 9:56 pm

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
During basketball season you can find Huggins sitting in some obscure high school gym watching a prospect on any given day of the week. Heck, he was seen sitting at a high school game around Columbus just hours after WVU beat ND in Buffalo. I realize this is much harder to do in football during the season but still, does Holgy ever see these HS players of interest beforehand other than in a rap music highlight video?

Posted on: 4/28 7:02 am

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
Relax. I have a feeling Spavital will find us a good QB recruit.

Posted on: 4/28 4:34 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Mobile, AL
Feelings are for the weak.

Posted on: 4/28 5:00 pm

Pitt Hater
From Atlanta, GA
I'm just shocked Howard is still on the board in the draft. So much grit. Idk how teams can pass over him.

Posted on: 4/28 5:04 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017 ... e-on-seahawks-backup-qbs/

The Seattle Seahawks had three quarterbacks competing during this weekend’s rookie minicamp, each hoping to secure a spot on the final roster: Jake Heaps, Skyler Howard, and Michael Birdsong.

“Just want to see what happens – just throwing them out there,” coach Pete Carroll said Friday after their first practice. “They had a great day today. Birdsong was on fire today. I thought Skyler looked good, he was running around, looked very resourceful. Jake is really sharp in our system. He knows our stuff.”

“Jake has always been a guy we really like, he has been really good for us and we can really count on him,” Carroll said at the conclusion of practice Sunday. Skyler did a nice job, worked at it. These guys coming under center a lot more makes a difference to them. I thought Birdsong did very well. Probably graded out the best of those guys in terms of completion percentage and things like that. He’s competing well to show there, he threw some really good footballs.

“So they did good stuff, we’ve got decisions to make.”

Posted on: 5/15 11:38 am

Pitt Hater
From austin, tx
Odd trio. Birdsong is a former Marshall backup --
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports ... fe-b22c-a94a3ab3a490.html

Heaps was the #1 recruit out of high school, lost the starting job at 3 schools (including Kansas), and was signed by the Jets in 2015 at a rookie minicamp.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/hi ... -still-chasing-his-dream/

Posted on: 5/15 12:44 pm

Pitt Hater
From Atlanta, GA
Translation ... Howard is going to lose a roster spot to two guys that aren't even has beens. Or another way, other teams' backups were better than our starter this year and we still won 10 Games.

Posted on: 5/15 12:49 pm

Pitt Hater
From Atlanta, GA

Posted on: 5/15 10:25 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
I wish him the best......he tried.

Posted on: 5/16 5:00 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From charleston, wv
Posted on: 5/16 6:40 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Open in new window

This was his biggest issue. If the long ball wasn't there he either freaked out and took off or said phuk it and threw long anyway.

Posted on: 6/15 10:13 am

I-79 Alumni

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved