Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Trump promises to repeal and replace Obamacare 'essentially simultaneously'
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01 ... are-repeal-replace-233479

Posted on: 1/11 7:28 pm

Re: Repeal and Replace (ACA)
Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
I think ACA will be repealed but a replacement will quite a bit of time.

Posted on: 1/11 7:42 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Madhattan
Quote:

EERY wrote:

& only fools believe this is true.

Posted on: 1/11 8:31 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
With him using the word immediately, we won't have to wait long to see if he is lying or not. One thing is for sure. I'm tired of getting screwed from Obamacare. It would be nice if in the next plan they keep the insurance companies from lining their pockets, by forcing coverage I'm never going to need. I get that people with pre-existing conditions have been able to get insurance now. It would be great if they will still be able to get coverage.

Posted on: 1/12 12:39 pm

Pitt Hater
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

And only fools thought aca was going to be affordable and if you have coverage you can keep it. How did that work out fool?
The aca was the biggest government shaft and power grab EVER, 1/6th of our economy turned over to a bunch of lying cheating a-holes. And I am not just talking about democrats.
Keep your head in the sand hillbilly.

Posted on: 1/12 12:50 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Madhattan
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

And only fools thought aca was going to be affordable and if you have coverage you can keep it. How did that work out fool?
The aca was the biggest government shaft and power grab EVER, 1/6th of our economy turned over to a bunch of lying cheating a-holes. And I am not just talking about democrats.

Your hate filled rhetoric is untenable, sir. There were aspects of compromise in ACA from the beginning, yes? We need to keep going instead of being damned fools who refuse to admit any possibility of goodness in the other side. Peoples' lives are at stake:

Some ideas worth considering

Posted on: 1/12 7:55 pm

Pitt Hater
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Your hate filled rhetoric is untenable, sir. There were aspects of compromise in ACA from the beginning, yes? We need to keep going instead of being damned fools who refuse to admit any possibility of goodness in the other side. Peoples' lives are at stake:

Compromise from the beginning, really? I thought we had to pass it to see what was in it, right? Over 1,200 pages of "stuff", see how I softened that? As for the "keep going", going for what? I haven't seen anything but increasing premiums and people being priced out of policies they were happy with. Lives are at stake - another really? I don't see people dying in the streets. And to your first point - hate filled rhetoric - where? I called it like many people see it and why we are now changing the guard. And you sir, cannot see the irony in your use of hate filled rhetoric "& only fools believe this is true.". Slow down Francis.

Posted on: 1/13 10:55 am

From Charlottesville, Virginia
I am a small business owner. Like many other small business owners, I purchased health insurance through the exchange. It was affordable, although it was really more aimed at providing catastrophic coverage. I was diagnosed with cancer in September, and underwent two surgeries to remove the cancer and be sure it hadn't spread to other organs. Although I am now cancer free, I will get scans every 3 months for two years to make sure it doesn't come back. Without the ACA, I will not be able to get insurance because I have a preexisting condition. Basically, I am fucked if I get sick, so I will likely have to close my practice. Repealing the ACA without having any idea of what system will take its place is the definition of irresponsibility. Cynical remarks about not seeing people dying in the street won't change the fact that it will likely kill more than 30,000 Americans next year.

Posted on: 1/13 12:23 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
I am a small business owner. Like many other small business owners, I purchased health insurance through the exchange. It was affordable, although it was really more aimed at providing catastrophic coverage. I was diagnosed with cancer in September, and underwent two surgeries to remove the cancer and be sure it hadn't spread to other organs. Although I am now cancer free, I will get scans every 3 months for two years to make sure it doesn't come back. Without the ACA, I will not be able to get insurance because I have a preexisting condition. Basically, I am fucked if I get sick, so I will likely have to close my practice. Repealing the ACA without having any idea of what system will take its place is the definition of irresponsibility. Cynical remarks about not seeing people dying in the street won't change the fact that it will likely kill more than 30,000 Americans next year.

Sorry to hear man, but good to hear you've hopefully beaten it.

Posted on: 1/13 12:47 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
I am very happy for you as well. All politics aside. Yours is not the first story I've heard along these lines. Pre-existing conditions is one thing the new law seemed to have gotten right.

Posted on: 1/13 1:06 pm

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
In fact there are thousands of people still alive because of the ACA. If you think ACA insurance rates then look at the rates for people working for Pittsylvania county, VA; single man no dependents $500-, if he has a wife then its $950-, with a wife and one child its $1500-. Most of the jobs have a starting pay rate in the low twenty thousand range and usually peak in the thirty thousand to thirty five thousand range. If you start working for the county with a pay rate of $22,000- per year and have a wife ind one child the first $18,000- goes for health insurance. After you pay social security there isn't much to live on. The county pays a portion of the insurance or it would be worse. My county is about the same but they don't publish the information on health care. Fortunately I never worked for a local government. Corporate insurance rates in this area are somewhat in the same range.

Posted on: 1/13 3:57 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
What are the deductibles? That's where my family has been hit the hardest. We have to lose other benefits do to a rise in costs. The only way to subvert the cost is to substantially increase our deductibles. I previously worked for an Upshur Co nonprofit affiliated with the county. My at the time current plan was canceled and would have cost the company over double for coverage with a higher deductible. My company was able to opt out of providing me insurance, so they did. Luckily I could get onto my wife's policy.

Companies have cut back on hours for their employees to subvert the insurance mandates from the ACA. Those workers then have a requirement to provide their own healthcare under penalty of fines.

I'm not going to refute that the new law has helped a lot of people, but it screwed a lot of other people who were already conscious of making sure that their healthcare needs were set in order. They had worked hard at their jobs, as well as stayed loyal to those jobs to make sure that their needs were met. They sacrificed income to secure good benefits, and now their healthcare costs have risen substantially, and they are finding it harder to pay other bills.

I moved on. I took a job with great benefits and a 30% pay increase, but not everyone else that found themselves in a similar position after the ACA was able to have those options available to them.

Posted on: 1/13 5:13 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Madhattan
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Compromise from the beginning, really? I thought we had to pass it to see what was in it, right? Over 1,200 pages of "stuff", see how I softened that? As for the "keep going", going for what? I haven't seen anything but increasing premiums and people being priced out of policies they were happy with. Lives are at stake - another really? I don't see people dying in the streets. And to your first point - hate filled rhetoric - where? I called it like many people see it and why we are now changing the guard. And you sir, cannot see the irony in your use of hate filled rhetoric "& only fools believe this is true.". Slow down Francis.

Compromise from the beginning. There are various sources explaining what I'm talking about, but hopefully this will suffice:

Healthcare history lesson for the GOP

Trust me, there's a strong hate vibe in your web tone. Well beyond a word such as 'fool' to use your example from my post.

Posted on: 1/13 7:18 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Madhattan
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:

Oh man! Hang in there! Keep fighting. Sincere best wishes for many years of health, happiness & wisdom!

Posted on: 1/13 7:26 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Madhattan
Woe is us! If only there was some other type of system that's been proven to work in many other countries! /s

Posted on: 1/13 7:37 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Woe is us! If only there was some other type of system that's been proven to work in many other countries! /s

Which countries use this system? It's not socialized healthcare like most the other countries I've ever heard referenced. This is more of a mandatory insurance coverage system, with which the insurance company has oversight to which treatments/medications they will be willing to pay for. The mandate is enforced by fines.

Posted on: 1/15 12:05 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Madhattan
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:

Which countries use this system? It's not socialized healthcare like most the other countries I've ever heard referenced. This is more of a mandatory insurance coverage system, with which the insurance company has oversight to which treatments/medications they will be willing to pay for. The mandate is enforced by fines.

I was referring to a single payer system (or something much closer to it than we have now.) i.e. 'Socialized,' yes but I assume y'all won't like that word.

Posted on: 1/15 8:46 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV

Posted on: 1/16 9:35 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Madhattan
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Rand Paul previews Obamacare replacement plan
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.c ... /index.html?client=safari

Interesting. So that's his proposed Bill. He also said that there are 'about 50' competing bills out there covering the same issue. For the sake of everyone covered by the current ACA, I hope they can reach a consensus in time to avert a catastrophe of their own making.

Posted on: 1/16 5:10 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Probably not soon enough to stop the outcry that will come when the uninsured get their fines tacked on this tax season.

Posted on: 1/17 10:59 pm

(1) 2 3 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved