We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Build bridges, not walls!!
Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
delispan was on the money, if you have to monitor it 24-7 why wast the money. By the way sonar has not been especially effective detecting tunnels. Drug dealers have used tunnels and the tunnels were only found when a drug dealer was located in the USA. Perhaps if you had 8000 border agents per shift with sonar constantly checking it might find aliens and drug dealers. Anyone have an idea as to the maximum depth that sonar can effectively be used to detect a tunnel?

Posted on: 1/31 6:27 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL

Posted on: 2/1 6:02 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Still not a 100% wall supporter, but it is obvious that a well built wall would be easier to keep watch on than a crappy old fence that doesn't even span the entire Boarder. Drones fly so high they can cover many miles of view from one location. They can use the same technology to find tunnels that they use to find bunkers. They can keep groups of agents every so many miles (50 to 150) to investigate anything that looks suspicious. Maintain the wall along with mending any breaches, and very few will ever get in.

The argument that the wall will not be affective is nonsense. It would slow down the mass invasion we are seeing to a crawl. Would some people every now and again make their way in? Yes they would. Though the percentage difference of the number of illegals coming over the Boarder in a month would be vast. It's not like there's going to be illegals rolling up to the wall with mining equipment. They would have to start their tunnels way back from the wall and end them a ways after the wall, otherwise they will get caught too easy. It's not that it can't be done, but it's not as easy as some of you are making it out to be. I challenge you to dig a 100ft tunnel 3ft in diameter using nothing but hand tools. You'll need to brace it every 6 to 10ft to make sure it doesn't cave in on you. Once you finished, realize that an affective tunnel to breach such a wall would need to be 5 to 10 times longer. On top of that people will be looking for the tunnel, causing a high percentage chance that the effort will be for not.

My concern is more with cost. I don't think we can fix our economy by spending these huge amounts of money. It's time to curtail spending.

It's time to make life very hard on people who try to come into our country illegally. We know that there are terrorists trying to get into our country. Therefore every illegal immigrant that tries to get in should be treated as a potential terrorist.

It's going to take more extreme measures to curtail the continuing mess we find ourselves in. This is on Obama. His immigration stance has really put this country in a compromised position. It was going on under Bush as well, but accelerated under Obama. I'm glad we have a man in the White House with the intestinal fortitude to make the hard decisions.

Posted on: 2/1 9:45 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
There are a thousand ways to beat a wall.

If someone can't think of at least 2 simple, easy ways to defeat a border wall they're not smart enough to have a respectable opinion on the matter.

In the 100% guaranteed case that the wall is breached (it will happen every day) you still have to have someone react to the situation and physically be there to remove intruders.

It's a waste of money because we have technology that makes a wall completely unnecessary in the first place.

Just to start:
Drones
Thermal cameras
Satellite Imaging
Motion detecting cameras
Image recognition software

If you build a wall you still have to have personnel and all that crap so the wall would easily be the very least effective part of the equation- not even close to worth $10-$20 billion.

Realistically the only reason to build this wall is symbolism. You can send the same message for much cheaper.

----

I must reiterate the problem is not the actual immigrants but the people who hire them. The immigrants are scapegoats. People who hire illegal immigrants benefit the most from them.

This illegal immigration talk is all misdirection to keep us from dealing with the real problem- the companies who want to hire them. If we want solve this problem we must attack the cause and not the symptom.

Posted on: 2/1 11:28 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
We I do agree that we need to quit providing jobs to illegals. We also need to quit giving them aid like we have been. You have a very good point here.

I still think a wall is more useful than you give it credit for. No Boarder is secure without multiple barriers. Having to breach a wall is definitely an obstacle/deterrent. I guess they might all take up pole vaulting. Then we could have a problem.

Posted on: 2/1 1:29 pm

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Actually an aluminum ladder in one of the remote spots would do the job.

Posted on: 2/1 4:20 pm

Pitt Hater
All of this liberal talk about spending money is amazing! You had no fuckin probably when Obamamama spent more than 43 previous presidents. Are you serious? Really? How is that mental disorder. Please see someone soon and please don't produce offspring.

Posted on: 2/1 5:15 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
All of this liberal talk about spending money is amazing! You had no fuckin probably when Obamamama spent more than 43 previous presidents. Are you serious? Really? How is that mental disorder. Please see someone soon and please don't produce offspring.

No.

This isn't about Obama's or Trump's spending.

This is about how the wall is a purely symbolic, retarded idea meant to fool idiots into thinking rich, illegal alien hiring motherfuckers like Trump give a **** if you have a job or not.

In addition to that- it is a waste of money, but that's not the main point.

Are you one of the ones too stupid to come up with a way to beat a wall?

Posted on: 2/1 5:52 pm

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Oh, now I know why Trump wants to spend so much on nuclear weapons and naval ships! His chief adviser says we will have a war with China in the next few years. Does anyone on this site think an all out war with China would leave anyone alive on the entire planet? As I said all the wars in the last 37 years have been started by Republican presidents. A poster on another subject ranted about all the Americans killed by Obama and Hillary. How convenient to forget who started those wars.

Posted on: 2/1 6:28 pm

Party Machine
From Nashville, Tn
Gotta love all the drama sandstone and the rest of the democrats are turning to. They are tolerant as long as you think just as they do. If you don't accept their agenda a tantrum is in your future. Did any of these individuals have any mental development past kindergarten?

Posted on: 2/1 7:08 pm

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Just because I quote a Trump insider doesn't mean I'm a Democrat. Bannon is the person who I quoted. Now dodn't you feel like a fool?

Posted on: 2/1 7:26 pm

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Which you are!

Posted on: 2/1 7:26 pm

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Calling me a Democrat is an even bigger insult than being called a fool.

Posted on: 2/1 7:32 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
So let's get back to the discussion of the wall.

Posted on: 2/1 7:42 pm

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Right, back to the wall subject. Israel's walls are working great, and they aren't even trying to keep out tens of thousands of immigrants, just a handful of murderous terrorists. They do find tunnels from time to time, but attacks in their citizens are way down.

Razor wire, sensors, and patrols will keep the vast majority of illegals from breaching the wall. Once the word is out, few will even try.

Posted on: 2/1 8:52 pm

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Delispan and sandstone are right. What's the point in having a wall to go the entire length of the border when you can just hire thousands of people full time to stand elbow to elbow across the entire length of the border?

Yep. Nothing else would suffice. I really can't think of anything. A wall definitely sounds stupid. /s

"I was able to think for myself"

LOL not very effective, was it?

I guess a bunch of people trying to illegally go into Isreal that can't now don't have opinions, huh deli? Because the illegal immigration in Isreal is almost non-existant now that they have built a wall. It's common **** sense, something liberals know nothing about. You all are making it seem that the wall is going to be a wooden fence or something that is not patrolled. Use your **** brain once

Posted on: 2/2 8:17 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

delispam wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:

No.

This isn't about Obama's or Trump's spending.

This is about how the wall is a purely symbolic, retarded idea meant to fool idiots into thinking rich, illegal alien hiring motherfuckers like Trump give a **** if you have a job or not.

In addition to that- it is a waste of money, but that's not the main point.

Are you one of the ones too stupid to come up with a way to beat a wall?

Sorry but you are wrong, it was about the money being spent. Or were you answering no to my statement about you producing offspring?
Sorry about your mental state as it looks like you are off of your meds. Please reply once the Prozac kicks in.

Posted on: 2/2 9:09 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Delispan and sandstone are right. What's the point in having a wall to go the entire length of the border when you can just hire thousands of people full time to stand elbow to elbow across the entire length of the border?

Yep. Nothing else would suffice. I really can't think of anything. A wall definitely sounds stupid. /s

"I was able to think for myself"

LOL not very effective, was it?

I guess a bunch of people trying to illegally go into Isreal that can't now don't have opinions, huh deli? Because the illegal immigration in Isreal is almost non-existant now that they have built a wall. It's common **** sense, something liberals know nothing about. You all are making it seem that the wall is going to be a wooden fence or something that is not patrolled. Use your **** brain once

How much research have you guys done on that Gaza wall?

“If you’re in an open spaces, which is more like a desert in a way, not a lot of vegetation, and no nearby cities, then you know putting a fence for thousands of kilometers or miles it just doesn’t make sense,” he warned.

-The guy who built the Gaza wall

Why don't we ask people who know about illegal border entries?

Here's a border patrol agent:

"A fence and a wall are not going to stop them," Border Patrol agent Raquel Medina, a descendant of Mexican immigrants, told the Post.

Here's a drug smuggler:
"No, it won’t stop it. It will only slightly halt it. Right now, I would guess about 70% of people coming in are coming in through ports of entry. So a big wall would do very little."

Posted on: 2/2 9:26 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Plenty. It's basically stopped people from illegally entering Israel :)

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theblaz ... er-israel-put-one-up/amp/

Again, common sense. Build a wall and eventually people will stop. It's really that simple. No amount of retarded spin you add will make this a bad idea.

I can't wait to see you post an article about

"Here's why illegal immigrants say a wall won't work!"

Posted on: 2/2 10:58 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
You're right.

Other than demographics and motivations of the people involved, terrain, geography, distance of the USA/Mexico border and everything else I forgot everything is exactly the same as Israel's situation. So clearly the wall will work exactly the same.

These aren't refugees with nothing. Border crossing is big business. These are (sometimes)cartel funded paramilitary type groups that facilitate border crossings. They already get illegal immigrants in through legal crossing areas with at a high rate of success.

Are you guys seriously going to tell me you can't even think of one way that you would be able to defeat the proposed wall with commonly available
items? It's just they see a wall and give up?? You can't even come up with one idea??

Posted on: 2/2 9:20 pm

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved