We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

Blue Adams leaves for USF.
Grant Ave. Warrior
From charleston, wv
It is maddening that we are losing coaches to programs that is not on par with WVU. Ron Crook to Cincy and Blue Adams to USF. Very very troubling. The Seider thing is understandable given UF's history, but it's hard not to remember DH screaming at him on the sidelines on national TV.

Posted on: 2/6 5:58 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Blue Adams leaves for USF.
Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Not troubling at all: coaches leave programs all the time.

Crook left because he read the writing on the wall with Wickline; his contract wasn't going to be renewed.

You have no idea why Adams left. None of us do. Adams is from Florida, and with his son dying last year from brain cancer, may want to be closer to home. He may be making more money at USF; who knows. Florida doesn't have a state income tax which could mean more money in the bank.

Posted on: 2/6 6:10 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From nj - wv - ca
Quote:

DREW4WVU wrote:
It is maddening that we are losing coaches to programs that is not on par with WVU. Ron Crook to Cincy and Blue Adams to USF. Very very troubling. The Seider thing is understandable given UF's history, but it's hard not to remember DH screaming at him on the sidelines on national TV.

Posted on: 2/6 6:13 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:

Crook left because he read the writing on the wall with Wickline; his contract wasn't going to be renewed.

You have no idea why Adams left. None of us do. Adams is from Florida, and with his son dying last year from brain cancer, may want to be closer to home. He may be making more money at USF; who knows. Florida doesn't have a state income tax which could mean more money in the bank.

Does anyone on here think that any of the coaches on this staff did such a great job that we can't possibly let them go? I don't. Don't get me wrong I am not a hater but we were slightly above average in a down conference this year. If you want to stay; let's see where this goes in the next few years. If you want to go, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I sure didn't see anything about our cornerbacks that impressed me much in our bowl game....did anyone else?

Pretty sure there is another CB coach out there that can do as good a job or better.

Posted on: 2/6 7:46 pm

Party Machine
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:

Does anyone on here think that any of the coaches on this staff did such a great job that we can't possibly let them go?

Gibson. Which is why we extended him and gave him a raise. Other than that the next closest?? Not too sure. I was thinking Seider, but only time will tell. We have a good core of running backs anyways, you can't teach the athleticism they have, so hopefully they can develop and WVU can continue producing NFL athletes to make us a more attractive program.

Posted on: 2/6 11:03 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From charleston, wv
Quote:

TheMac wrote:
Quote:

DREW4WVU wrote:

Oh I'm sorry Big Mac, did you have a relevant point to add?

Posted on: 2/7 6:21 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From charleston, wv
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:

I understand why Crook left with his contract not being renewed. I just don't understand it. DH kept that clown Joe Dirt on the staff and he couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. The O-Line took drastic steps forward under him. Maybe wickline will be a good coach, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Adams was very very well respected and had coached in the NFL for 5 years and was a great coach from everything that we seen on the field.

At the end of the day we lost a coach to a non power 5 school. Who knows maybe his sons death had something to do with him going back home to Florida. Only time will tell.

Posted on: 2/7 6:27 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From nj - wv - ca
Quote:

DREW4WVU wrote:
Quote:

TheMac wrote:
Quote:

DREW4WVU wrote:

yea...you're a donk!

Do you not have anything better to do? Honestly, we lost a DB's coach, is it really "maddening" to you?

Blue Adams is such an esteemed coach, that his wikipedia page still says he coaches the dolphins...

Assistant coaches leave programs every year, it has nothing to do with getting yelled at by the head coach on the sidelines. These are adults, not children.

Posted on: 2/8 1:23 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From charleston, wv
Quote:

TheMac wrote:
Quote:

DREW4WVU wrote:
Quote:

TheMac wrote:
Quote:

DREW4WVU wrote:

yea...you're a donk!

Do you not have anything better to do? Honestly, we lost a DB's coach, is it really "maddening" to you?

Blue Adams is such an esteemed coach, that his wikipedia page still says he coaches the dolphins...

Assistant coaches leave programs every year, it has nothing to do with getting yelled at by the head coach on the sidelines. These are adults, not children.

Yes it's maddening. How many DB coaches does Other Big 12 schools lose to the South Floridas?

I wasn't aware that someone's "Wiki" status is what gave them relevance.

If it were me and I was embarrassed on national TV it would be a whole lot easier to leave if I got a phone call from another school.

Posted on: 2/9 5:49 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From nj - wv - ca
Quote:

DREW4WVU wrote:
Quote:

TheMac wrote:
Quote:

DREW4WVU wrote:
Quote:

TheMac wrote:
Quote:

DREW4WVU wrote:

yea...you're a donk!

Yes it's maddening. How many DB coaches does Other Big 12 schools lose to the South Floridas?

I wasn't aware that someone's "Wiki" status is what gave them relevance.

If it were me and I was embarrassed on national TV it would be a whole lot easier to leave if I got a phone call from another school.

Seriously???

You have ZERO insight into Blue Adams decision making process, maybe USF offered him more money, maybe USF offered him more responsibility/power, or maybe (I know this is going to be tough for you to handle) he just fuckin hates living in the state of West Virginia.

Walmart is one of the most profitable companies in the world, you see a lot of Harvard Business Grads lining up to work there?

USF finished 11-2 last year, get over this, "we're losing coaches to programs with less prestige than us"

It's early February, get some hobbies, nitpicking and crying about irrelevant wvu football things on a message board is not a hobby.

Posted on: 2/10 1:22 pm

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved