Posted on: 2/19 12:04 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bruce vs. Skyler Twitter Beef
Grant Ave. Warrior
From Southwest VA ... via Pleasants County, USA
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
What the actual **** is going on here

We're getting an actual, unintentionally ironic example of how a social media discussion of WVU football can go off the rails despite the totally incontrovertible fact that everyone in the discussion has bled old gold and blue.

I'm grateful that an imperfect quarterback like Skylar Howard was there when no one else stepped up to fill the cleats. I'm grateful an imperfect quarterback like Pat White was there to make college football history--only quarterback ever to win four bowl games-- even though he couldn't prevent 13-9 from happening. I'm grateful that Bruce and a dozen other Mountaineers do us proud every fall Sunday. And I'm glad the passion that led to this whole messy fracas indicates that we all know that we could be doing better, and we're not going to settle for less than championships.

Posted on: 2/19 1:52 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From nj - wv - ca
Quote:

eers_fan wrote:
What is wrong with you MAC? You are bizarre! I have left you alone for 6 months since your "I've been threatened" tantrum. I avoid your posts. Your are not worth dialoging with. Your comments are generally vitriolic and I feel dirty just exchanging posts with someone like you.

You are ridiculous. OK, I will take my 3 posts in this thread out of here - since "I care" about this so much. Will you remove your 6?

I get that people find this a stupid little embarrassment to WVU and would prefer it just go away...me too. But who are you, Mac, to bully and harass people about what they post about. You, who most of this site would just prefer if you just left. You, who has 10-15 page threads to discuss the use of your word "donk". You, who judge people's posts by the name at the top rather than what was said. Many of the one's who want you here just enjoy the crap throwing contests you perpetually start.

How often do you post something positive or informative? How often do you just get on here to rip into people and call them names? Please, just ignore my posts and pretend I don't exist. I've been doing that with you successfully for 6 months no matter how stupid, arrogant and vitriolic your posts are. Please allow me to just ignore you by just ignoring me as well. Once again, you decide to put words into my mouth that were never said. Read slowly now, I don't care about this very much either. Curiosity at best. I found Slaton and White's blog to be cool. I disagreed that their tweets could be characterized as "partly right".

To which you feel compelled to start this crap. This same scenario has played out a hundred times with you with a hundred different people. Are you that miserable that you feel compelled to try to spread it around?

Here.

Mac, you are absolutely right and I apologize for ever posting in a thread that doesn't meet your standard of excellence. I will endeavor in the future to modify what I say and what I type by taking a moment of quiet reflection first and asking myself..., "What would Mac do." I fear that I shall never be able to adequately type, read or think as well as the Mac so I will try to refrain from antagonizing such a valued and respected member/leader of this site.

That was DRAMATIC...

IDK how long you've been holding onto that one, but I truly meant no ill will, whatsoever, in my previous posts to you.

I disagreed with your notion that these guys are public representatives of WVU, which they're not, then expressed my personal opinion on how dumb I think life is that tweets are an everyday part of our world, and cleverly referenced a Cat Stevens song.

Posted on: 2/19 6:45 am

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
All I know is we won yesterday .... so all is good.

Posted on: 2/19 7:25 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
I love this website.

Posted on: 2/19 10:34 am

Party Machine
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

DanG2012 wrote:
I think this discussion has gone on about three pages too long

THIS.

Four

Posted on: 2/19 5:21 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
Quote:

FL77Mounty wrote:
Quote:

DanG2012 wrote:
I think this discussion has gone on about three pages too long

THIS.

Four

That's what they once said about Delete in the olden days. Pay heed to what evil can be wrought with continuing simple replies.
Page 5? Anyone? Anyone? Marty?

Posted on: 2/19 6:52 pm

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
and it begins

Posted on: 2/19 7:30 pm

WMITC