We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 56 57 58 (59) 60 61 62 ... 107 »

 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2387
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
[youtube=425,350][/youtube]


Here’s my knee jerk reaction to this video point for point:

Were you ever part of the left?

I’ll fight to the death in support of free speech.
I’d never support banning a speaker from a college campus (or anywhere.)
I wouldn’t prohibit any words or support trigger warnings.
I don’t believe white Christian males are, per se, evil.
I support religious freedom.
I prefer honesty to outrage - always!
Diversity (including thoughts) is great, preferred. The ideal.

Regardless of the slick video I’m still convinced that our current President is not fit to serve & presents a clear danger to the future of our planet. If anyone is regressive, it’s him & those who support his misguided agenda.

Interesting that the video claims ‘my’ side supports:
Racism
Bigotry
Xenophobia
Homophobia
Islamophobia

... when the administration you’re defending’s policies & actions repeatedly exhibit each of those faults.

An observation): this is a great example of ‘Your’ side’s media / talking points being built on turning ‘my’ side’s arguments against itself - co-opting any word usage to be construed as opposite of the original meaning. I’ll admit, it’s a clever strategy, but clearly disingenuous.

One day you’ll discover just how badly you’ve been conned. Hopefully before it’s too late.


I truly pity you and wish you well. Your thought process is completely wack, please seek help.

Posted on: 1/11 12:20 pm
_________________
montani semper liberi & est ratio liberalismi aegritudinis animi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2013 9:51 pm
From Madhattan
Posts: 1519

Posted on: 1/11 3:06 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2965
Quote:
An observation): this is a great example of ‘Your’ side’s media / talking points being built on turning ‘my’ side’s arguments against itself - co-opting any word usage to be construed as opposite of the original meaning. I’ll admit, it’s a clever strategy, but clearly disingenuous.


What I find most interesting about your observation is that you are pretty much making the person in the video’s point in reverse. To a degree that is what you are doing anyway. Pretty much what he is saying is that political correctness has so skewed the political demographic, that someone who is a true classic liberal can no longer identify with those who would call themselves progressives.



Quote:
Interesting that the video claims ‘my’ side supports:
Racism
Bigotry
Xenophobia
Homophobia
Islamophobia


Not the point the guy was making at all. He said these were buzz words used by progressives to label and try to silence their opposition. They have no room or tolerance for reasoning or rationalizing with others. You know, pretty much how progressives are handling the Trump presidency.


Quote:
One day you’ll discover just how badly you’ve been conned. Hopefully before it’s too late.


I have been conned and finally discovered the truth before. It was by a man named George W Bush. I could say the Bush family, but I was in fifth grade when his father was elected. I’m giving myself a pass on that one. I do see a little irony in the fact good ole W is now in your camp in trying to undermine the Trump presidency. Perhaps it’s not I who needs to wake up.

Posted on: 1/11 4:54 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2965
Thought I’d beat William to posting about a Trump remark for once.

Liberal jaws drop as President cuts through political correctness....
http://www.infowars.com/report-trump- ... -from-shithole-countries/

Posted on: 1/11 8:40 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2013 9:51 pm
From Madhattan
Posts: 1519
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:
An observation): this is a great example of ‘Your’ side’s media / talking points being built on turning ‘my’ side’s arguments against itself - co-opting any word usage to be construed as opposite of the original meaning. I’ll admit, it’s a clever strategy, but clearly disingenuous.


What I find most interesting about your observation is that you are pretty much making the person in the video’s point in reverse. To a degree that is what you are doing anyway. Pretty much what he is saying is that political correctness has so skewed the political demographic, that someone who is a true classic liberal can no longer identify with those who would call themselves progressives.



Quote:
Interesting that the video claims ‘my’ side supports:
Racism
Bigotry
Xenophobia
Homophobia
Islamophobia


Not the point the guy was making at all. He said these were buzz words used by progressives to label and try to silence their opposition. They have no room or tolerance for reasoning or rationalizing with others. You know, pretty much how progressives are handling the Trump presidency.


Quote:
One day you’ll discover just how badly you’ve been conned. Hopefully before it’s too late.


I have been conned and finally discovered the truth before. It was by a man named George W Bush. I could say the Bush family, but I was in fifth grade when his father was elected. I’m giving myself a pass on that one. I do see a little irony in the fact good ole W is now in your camp in trying to undermine the Trump presidency. Perhaps it’s not I who needs to wake up.


Thanks for the relatively thoughtful response. It deserves a thoughtful response in kind, but Alas, I don’t have time. Can we do a book mark, placeholder, remind me to answer type thingie? Seriusly. Just Remind me & I’ll do my best to pick up the train of thought.

Posted on: 1/11 10:06 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2013 9:51 pm
From Madhattan
Posts: 1519
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Thought I’d beat William to posting about a Trump remark for once.

Liberal jaws drop as President cuts through political correctness....
http://www.infowars.com/report-trump- ... -from-shithole-countries/


Yes. I considered posting the “sh*thole” gaffe, but was too busy - & figured y’all would hear about it anyway. (& you did.) It certainly tells a tale, especially regarding this:

The Foreign Workers of Mar-a-Lago

Isn’t it funny how boundaries shift when they’re close to home?

Posted on: 1/11 10:14 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2965
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Thought I’d beat William to posting about a Trump remark for once.

Liberal jaws drop as President cuts through political correctness....
http://www.infowars.com/report-trump- ... -from-shithole-countries/


Yes. I considered posting the “sh*thole” gaffe, but was too busy - & figured y’all would hear about it anyway. (& you did.) It certainly tells a tale, especially regarding this:

The Foreign Workers of Mar-a-Lago

Isn’t it funny how boundaries shift when they’re close to home?


I agree that does seem to be quite a contradiction in principle.

Posted on: 1/11 10:27 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/22/2007 7:48 pm
From Frederick, MD
Posts: 2601
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Thought I’d beat William to posting about a Trump remark for once.

Liberal jaws drop as President cuts through political correctness....
http://www.infowars.com/report-trump- ... -from-shithole-countries/


Yes. I considered posting the “sh*thole” gaffe, but was too busy - & figured y’all would hear about it anyway. (& you did.) It certainly tells a tale, especially regarding this:

The Foreign Workers of Mar-a-Lago

Isn’t it funny how boundaries shift when they’re close to home?


I agree that does seem to be quite a contradiction in principle.


In my limited sample size, no matter what US Beach resort you go to, at least half the summer staff is foreign kids, typically from Eastern block nations. This was true at South Beach, OC MD, and Myrtle Beach (my three most recent Beach destinations over the last 5 years). Nice kids, hard workers and all, but there are literally tens of thousands of these kids coming over every summer to make money. They are working right along side the American kids so I doubt they get paid any different. But maybe they are cheaper, I have no idea.

Does anyone know why we have to import these kids for these jobs? Are there not enough American lkids who work summer jobs anymore?

Posted on: 1/11 11:15 pm
_________________
JFK: We will put a man on the moon.

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.


Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 8283
Anybody want to comment on this?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.indepen ... -show-a6923976.html%3famp

Or this?

https://youtu.be/6MU7Ljz0EDE

Or JFK cheating on his wife multiple times while in office? Or Bill Clinton being a rapist? Or Bill Clinton shoving a cigar inside Lewinsky? Can't wait to hear the liberals preach from their moral high ground. Hypocrites

Posted on: 1/12 10:40 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12958
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Anybody want to comment on this?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.indepen ... -show-a6923976.html%3famp

Or this?

https://youtu.be/6MU7Ljz0EDE

Or JFK cheating on his wife multiple times while in office? Or Bill Clinton being a rapist? Or Bill Clinton shoving a cigar inside Lewinsky? Can't wait to hear the liberals preach from their moral high ground. Hypocrites


Obama was describing the state of a military operation. Trump was describing actual countries. They are very different statements.

As for the sexual activities of past presidents, it is hard to comment because you are, again, comparing apples and oranges, at least in part. It seems as if you do not know the difference between consensual sex and sexual assault. They are two different things, yet you included them together. As for as sexual assault or non-consensual sex goes, which is what the "me too" movement is about, I think it is fair to say that "liberals" and democrats have spoken out widely against all men who engage in it, especially men who use their position and status to do so. On the other hand, I don't see anything close to that from the right. Instead, we see posts like yours, where you simply ignore that the left has condemned these acts, and is literally cleaning house of the men who engage in them, so you can rationalize you support of Trump.

Posted on: 1/12 11:44 am
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 8283
Yeah. Adultery is okay as long as it's consensual, right? The left have no morals (which is why you advocate for men being able to use women's restrooms). You're an idiot. The left hasnt condemned anything. The left didnt want Franken to resign for secual assault, it was the right who called for his resignation. The me too "feminists" (who didnt say one word about the oppression of women in muslim countries, such as Iraq where women are arrested for not wearing hijabs and burkas) are hypocrites. Especially all of these actresses and global elites. Do you actually read what you type out before you hit submit? I really don't think you do. Everything you say is wrong. And are you advocating that those countries ARENT shitholes? Both presidents allegedly say some countries are **** holes (which they are) but it's only wrong for Trump? Why? Because he's white and Christian? You are just rationalizing your support for Obama, and it's very, very sad

Posted on: 1/12 1:23 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 8283
Spicy!

Attach file:



jpg  kpgs4mu2rn901.jpg (222.55 KB)
2916_5a590f100ebb7.jpg 1080X735 px

Posted on: 1/12 2:40 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12958
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Yeah. Adultery is okay as long as it's consensual, right?


I didn't say that. I don't know anyone who has. I simply said it is different than sexual assault, and you are comparing adultery to sexual assault.

Quote:
The left have no morals (which is why you advocate for men being able to use women's restrooms).


This is a pretty sweeping generalization regarding morals for someone who so vocally supports a president who admitted to sexually assaulting women.

Quote:
You're an idiot.


I have passed two bar exams and know the difference between sexual assault and consensual adultery. You cannot say the same.

Quote:
The left hasnt condemned anything. The left didnt want Franken to resign for secual assault, it was the right who called for his resignation.


This is absolutely 100% false. You are either just fabricating facts, or you are deeply out of touch with the truth. My guess is the latter because you seem to severely limit your sources for "news" to far right wing conspiracy media. Either way, this is simply not true.

Quote:
The me too "feminists" (who didnt say one word about the oppression of women in muslim countries, such as Iraq where women are arrested for not wearing hijabs and burkas) are hypocrites Especially all of these actresses and global elites.


How do you know what each one of these people have and have not said about those other issues? You cannot possibly know this. You are fabricating a narrative to fuel your anger.

Quote:
Do you actually read what you type out before you hit submit? I really don't think you do. Everything you say is wrong.


Not only do I read it, I usually give some thought to it and actually have a well-considered opinion. I can also substantiate the opinion with sources for the facts on which it is based. You, on the other hand, cannot say the same.

Quote:
And are you advocating that those countries ARENT shitholes? Both presidents allegedly say some countries are **** holes (which they are) but it's only wrong for Trump? Why? Because he's white and Christian? You are just rationalizing your support for Obama, and it's very, very sad


This is the problem in a nutshell--you don't understand context. Obama never criticized a country, yet you literally just stated he said that a country was a "shithole." He never said that, but it is now true to you. Obama was obviously describing the status of a military operation, and was criticizing the British Prime Minister's management of the operation by saying the operation had become a "shitshow." If you have some other source showing Obama called countries "shitholes," then now would be the time to link to it, because you haven't provided anything that supports your statement. You just made it up.

And to answer your question, yes, I am saying those countries are not "shitholes." I would guess you have never been to any of them, but now that Dear Leader has dubbed them "shitholes," you will fall in line.

Posted on: 1/12 2:49 pm
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2965
I think Trump could have chosen his wording better. I think his point is valid, but he should be more tactful in how he says things. Not the first or the last time I will think that about Trump.

I find it ironic that so many people will beat their chest and cry foul over Trump calling some foreign countries “sh**holes”, but had nothing to say when Obama referred to a substantial number of American people as “bitter clingers”. I for one would speak out against any president that would make such a remark toward a group of American citizens, especially when the purpose of the remark is targeted towards people’s constitutional rights, or personal convictions that affect how they view politics. Well within reason that is. People need to be speaking out against political correctness in my view. It is being carried out to the extreme at this point, and is in contradiction to the very liberties acknowledged/ granted in our constitution.

If Trump’s opposition would stop reacting to everything he says and does in such a way, he would most likely not be so belligerent in his communications. Trump is a sh** stirrer. The majority of the crap he does is to create a reaction with his opposition. It’s no different than some of us on here at times. Just throw out the bait and see who bites. With Trump it’s more like pulling a string. He speaks or tweets, and the left begin to boil. It’s just like the old pull string dolls.

I personally think that anyone who actually believes that Trump is racist is being irrational. He obviously is not a racist. Calling a country with less than desirable demographics a sh**hole country is not a racist comment. It’s not rational to think that it is. I don’t think he should have said it that way. I would have more respect for him if he practiced more self-control over his speech. However my undies remain un-bunched over such trivial things. I would suggest others not bunch their undies over such things as well. Our country would be a much better place if they did.

Posted on: 1/12 5:13 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 8283
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Yeah. Adultery is okay as long as it's consensual, right?


I didn't say that. I don't know anyone who has. I simply said it is different than sexual assault, and you are comparing adultery to sexual assault.

Quote:
The left have no morals (which is why you advocate for men being able to use women's restrooms).


This is a pretty sweeping generalization regarding morals for someone who so vocally supports a president who admitted to sexually assaulting women.

Quote:
You're an idiot.


I have passed two bar exams and know the difference between sexual assault and consensual adultery. You cannot say the same.

Quote:
The left hasnt condemned anything. The left didnt want Franken to resign for secual assault, it was the right who called for his resignation.


This is absolutely 100% false. You are either just fabricating facts, or you are deeply out of touch with the truth. My guess is the latter because you seem to severely limit your sources for "news" to far right wing conspiracy media. Either way, this is simply not true.

Quote:
The me too "feminists" (who didnt say one word about the oppression of women in muslim countries, such as Iraq where women are arrested for not wearing hijabs and burkas) are hypocrites Especially all of these actresses and global elites.


How do you know what each one of these people have and have not said about those other issues? You cannot possibly know this. You are fabricating a narrative to fuel your anger.

Quote:
Do you actually read what you type out before you hit submit? I really don't think you do. Everything you say is wrong.


Not only do I read it, I usually give some thought to it and actually have a well-considered opinion. I can also substantiate the opinion with sources for the facts on which it is based. You, on the other hand, cannot say the same.

Quote:
And are you advocating that those countries ARENT shitholes? Both presidents allegedly say some countries are **** holes (which they are) but it's only wrong for Trump? Why? Because he's white and Christian? You are just rationalizing your support for Obama, and it's very, very sad


This is the problem in a nutshell--you don't understand context. Obama never criticized a country, yet you literally just stated he said that a country was a "shithole." He never said that, but it is now true to you. Obama was obviously describing the status of a military operation, and was criticizing the British Prime Minister's management of the operation by saying the operation had become a "shitshow." If you have some other source showing Obama called countries "shitholes," then now would be the time to link to it, because you haven't provided anything that supports your statement. You just made it up.

And to answer your question, yes, I am saying those countries are not "shitholes." I would guess you have never been to any of them, but now that Dear Leader has dubbed them "shitholes," you will fall in line.


No, you just go out of your way to make it okay for the black guy to to say one country is a shithole but its a mortal sin because the white guy said it. I have actually been to Haiti years ago. You CLEARLY have never been there because you would agree that Haiti is a **** hole. Its "hell on earth" as described by Newsweek. They don't even know how to farm. They salt and oil their earth due to religious traditions. They don't buy fertilizer, they don't water it, they don't get rid of bugs. They literally are incapable of farming. . And if those countries ARENT **** holes, why do those people desperately want to leave their pillar of excellence countries to come to a racist country? Think for once. And take your political correct bullshit and shove it up your ass.

http://www.newsweek.com/worst-countries-world-154751


Attach file:



jpg  arbjib74sn901.jpg (93.92 KB)
2916_5a5974730ddaf.jpg 713X686 px

Posted on: 1/12 9:52 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 8283
People are getting mad because Trump (allegedly) celled Haiti and other countries "shitholes". (As did Obama). He called a spade a spade. People on here claim such countries are not shitholes. However, the human development index of such countries agree that those countries are **** holes. Haiti ranks 163 out of 188 countries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o ... y_Human_Development_Index

Posted on: 1/13 12:36 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 8283
Do a google image search for “Calais France Refugees” and count how many women and children you find in the pictures.

This is what democrats want for America. To bring these people from shithole countries to turn swing states into shithole counties and states to vote for shithole democrats so they can turn America info a shithole country.

Attach file:



jpg  fxtfld9yyo901.jpg (120.83 KB)
2916_5a599bfa02636.jpg 750X885 px

Posted on: 1/13 12:43 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12958
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

No, you just go out of your way to make it okay for the black guy to to say one country is a shithole but its a mortal sin because the white guy said it.


Where did a black guy say it? Still waiting for some evidence of that. Not really interested in arguing with you about some fantasy that didn't occur.

Posted on: 1/13 2:56 pm
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2965
Is President Trumps Nuclear Button Tweet Sign of Insanity?
http://blog.dilbert.com/2018/01/03/pr ... tton-tweet-sign-insanity/

An opinion peace. Scott Adams shares a different perspective than what we usually are exposed to on this thread.

Posted on: 1/13 6:03 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/29/2008 4:48 pm
From Deadwood, Lakota Territory
Posts: 8425
Durbin is a liar. And Graham is a douche.

Posted on: 1/13 7:27 pm
_________________
Liberal, Progressive, Socialist, Globalist Fascists in BOTH parties are trying to take over the U.S.A.

Help us Eric Cartman, YOU are our only hope.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



« 1 ... 56 57 58 (59) 60 61 62 ... 107 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved