Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Quote:

mountie44 wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
http://mobile.wnd.com/2018/02/comey-h ... efore-trump-inauguration/

Comey had meeting with Obama before Trump inauguration.

So Obama told the FBI to do things by the book. How unscrupulous! We should not interfere with Russia’s interference in our election! How dare us!

No, he is still denying Putin’s interference because Putin told him he didn’t interfere and Trump believes him.

If only Trump would tell the FBI director and DOJ to do things by the book.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/13/politic ... ddled-election/index.html

Judge Napolitano: New Susan Rice Email an “Obama Attempt to Rewrite History”
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/judge- ... 6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI

Posted on: 2/14 6:54 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Double post

Posted on: 2/14 6:55 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
DHS Statement On NBC News Coverage Of Election Hacking

Quote:
”First off, let me be clear: we have no evidence – old or new - that any votes in the 2016 elections were manipulated by Russian hackers”

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/02/12/dh ... coverage-election-hacking

LOL this might need its own thread.

Posted on: 2/14 7:25 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Quote:
”First off, let me be clear: we have no evidence – old or new - that any votes in the 2016 elections were manipulated by Russian hackers”

Need you to help me out with this one. Can’t find a link where NBC claims that votes were manipulated. The Googles have failed me.

Posted on: 2/15 9:17 am

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Quote:

Need you to help me out with this one. Can’t find a link where NBC claims that votes were manipulated. The Googles have failed me.

You will not find a link to this NBC claim. But, if you had viewed it(and it is out there), as initially reported, you would have thought that NBC was a little less than clear and for that I can see why DHS released the statement.

That said, the damage was done when NBC did their less than stellar reporting. Maybe they meant it to be misleading? Or was it just poor journalism? I Don’t know. I would suggest you look for the report and view it, then you make up your mind.

To me it was very clear that some viewers heard what they wanted to hear, or what they are programed to hear.

Posted on: 2/15 1:05 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:

To me it was very clear that some viewers heard what they wanted to hear, or what they are programed to hear.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2/15 1:36 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

mountie44 wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

mountie44 wrote:
Stop it. Did you watch fox news during the Obama administration? From birtherism to he is a Muslim to all of the rascist vitriol hurled to him and his family. I have never seen such unwarranted hate towards a person, more less a president. Did you forget all of the investigations of the Clintons, some even insinuating they committed murder? I could go on and on. It is not good that we are so polarized but it is definately not one way.

By the way Trump creates a lot of his own drama with his stupid tweets and his inability to control his narcissism. He has to lie on trivial things....the most watched everstate of the union, the biggest attendedinaugeration, the largest tax cut ever, the biggest election victory etc. which are easily proven false. Should the media let that go?

If he would be quite and govern he wouldn’t have the near as many negative headlines. By the way he gets plenty of criticism from his Republican “friends” in his own revolving door administration which is unheard of. Several Republican politicians are resigning/ not running for re-election in order to stand up to him.

Oh, did I say he lies a lot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/co ... in_kenya_my_muslim_faith/

Watch that video. The reason people think he is a Muslim from Kenya, is because they both say he is a Muslim from Kenya. Straight from the horse's mouth.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/01/eight-years-of-trolling-obama/

Two questions:

1. Don't African Americans refer to the country from which their ancestors came as their "home country?"

2. Wasn't Obama agreeing that McCain didn't accuse him of being Muslim? ("McCain didn't talk about my muslim faith....")

Posted on: 2/15 2:59 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Quote:

Here is the article that it was referring to.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elect ... tems-says-top-u-s-n845721

You know, just some more of that (not so) fake news from Infowars
https://www.infowars.com/dhs-debunks-n ... ssia-penetrated-election/

Posted on: 2/15 3:26 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
My ancestors are Welsh. I don't say my home country is Wales. I say my home country is the country in which I was born. (USA). Small sample size, but I asked the black people I work with what their home country is and all of them said America. However there could be some or many that will say Africa, or a certain country in Africa.

Regarding the McCain accusal, I know after the quick edit the interviewer corrected him and said "you mean Christian?" And Obama agreed. Just very odd.

Posted on: 2/15 4:14 pm

Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Quote:

Here is the article that it was referring to.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elect ... tems-says-top-u-s-n845721

You know, just some more of that (not so) fake news from Infowars
https://www.infowars.com/dhs-debunks-n ... ssia-penetrated-election/

Where does it say votes were manipulated?

Posted on: 2/15 4:28 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
I don’t see the controversy. The government official doesn’t deny anything factual in the reporting other than to say it isn’t breaking news. Everything is corroborated by state officials. Nowhere does it mention votes...not even in the infowars piece.

Fake news ragers gotta rage I guess.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2/15 6:17 pm

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
My ancestors are Welsh. I don't say my home country is Wales. I say my home country is the country in which I was born. (USA). Small sample size, but I asked the black people I work with what their home country is and all of them said America. However there could be some or many that will say Africa, or a certain country in Africa.

Regarding the McCain accusal, I know after the quick edit the interviewer corrected him and said "you mean Christian?" And Obama agreed. Just very odd.

Off topic, Non-political answer: (sorry?)

Have you been to Wales? Not for nothing, it’s a very interesting place. Well worth the trip if yrr inclined to go.

Posted on: 2/15 10:52 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Have you been to Wales? Not for nothing, it’s a very interesting place. Well worth the trip if yrr inclined to go.

Technically I have way back when when I was 8 years old. I went with my grandfather. I dont remember much. Ive been wanting to go back though. When did you go?

Posted on: 2/15 10:59 pm

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Technically I have way back when when I was 8 years old. I went with my grandfather. I dont remember much. Ive been wanting to go back though. When did you go?

2005, 2006, 2007. Beautiful place.

Posted on: 2/15 11:02 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
I don’t see the controversy. The government official doesn’t deny anything factual in the reporting other than to say it isn’t breaking news. Everything is corroborated by state officials. Nowhere does it mention votes...not even in the infowars piece.

Fake news ragers gotta rage I guess.

Open in new window

Obviously my reason for the original post on this was lost on you all.

Well since this is where we find ourselves... In the DHS statement there was a reference that NBC continues to falsely report on comments that were made. By this statement one could surmise that there were potentially more than one article released by NBC on this topic. Perhaps if there was, and the wording in any other article was in a manner that would have been more embarrassing for NBC, they may have scrubbed it from the web. Not saying that is what has happened, just saying that it is not unreasonable to think so.
Quote:
NBC News continues to falsely report my recent comments on attempted election hacking – which clearly mirror my testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee last summer – as some kind of “breaking news,” incorrectly claiming a shift in the administration’s position on cyber threats. As I said eight months ago, a number of states were the target of Russian government cyber actors seeking vulnerabilities and access to U.S. election infrastructure.

The NBC article focused more on Johnson’s statements about the states doing little to nothing on trying to make our election process more secure. Johnson has been pushing a narrative that we need to federalize our elections. They do reference a statement made by Manfra, but it is obvious in reading that they are attempting to cast doubt on what’s being done to protect our elections. I would assume that is why the DHS felt the need to clarify by stating this.
Quote:
DHS release: "To our state and local partners in the election community: there’s no question we’re making real and meaningful progress together. States will do their part in how they responsibly manage and implement secure voting processes. For our part, we’re going to continue to support with risk and vulnerability assessments, offer cyber hygiene scans, provide real-time threat intel feeds, issue security clearances to state officials, partner on incident response planning, and deliver cybersecurity training. The list goes on of how we’re leaning forward and helping our partners in the election community. We will not stop, and will stand by our partners to protect our nation’s election infrastructure and ensure that all Americans can have confidence in our democratic elections.”

If you are going to pick a beef with Fake News ragers over this, I suggest that you start with the Department of Homeland Security. They are the ones that got this ball rolling.

Since the opponents of my original post on this topic want to form the argument over some specific word that was or wasn’t said, I just want to point out that I originally posted a specific quote and provided the link to show the valid proof of the statement being made. If you would like to have a conversation on that specific statement that I quoted, I’d be glad to do so. Otherwise it appears that you are just trying to muddy the waters.

Obviously the DHS felt that NBC was perverting (propagandizing) the original statement that was made. Otherwise, why would they release this most recent statement?

I would think that a statement such as this would garner a substantial amount of press...
Quote:
First off, let me be clear: we have no evidence – old or new - that any votes in the 2016 elections were manipulated by Russian hackers.

Yet nothing in the mainstream media. I wonder why?

Posted on: 2/16 1:08 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Still don’t see it. The only false reporting accusation is that NBC is framing it as breaking news. However, nowhere in the link you posted does NBC make that claim. There is even a line that says “in 2016, NBC reported...”.

The NBC piece points out the differences of opinion between Jeanette Manfra and the person that previously held her job at DHS. Obviously Manfra doesn’t appreciate the armchair quarterbacking so she’s pushing back. But the attacks on NBC in this case are nonsensical.

“NBC says breaking news” - nope.
“NBC says Trump admin changing their position” - nope, didn’t see that anywhere either.

Someone criticizes the Trump administration? Attack the press. Works every time with the base. Rinse. Repeat.

Posted on: 2/16 12:17 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Ok whatever. You either missed my main point, or are just choosing to ignore it.

Posted on: 2/16 12:30 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Mueller Indicts 13 Russians Accused of Election Meddling
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nation ... ng-Mueller-474309733.html

Quote:
"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity," Rosenstein said, adding there "there is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

Posted on: 2/16 5:41 pm

Quote:

EERY wrote:
Mueller Indicts 13 Russians Accused of Election Meddling
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nation ... ng-Mueller-474309733.html

Quote:
"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity," Rosenstein said, adding there "there is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

Note how specific the language in the quote box is, particularly the first sentence. People need to interpret it literally and not draw conclusions from it. Whether an American was a knowing participant in the activity doesn't matter for this indictment because no Americans were the subject of the indictment. Also, whether the conduct altered the outcome of the election won't play a part in any of the criminal cases. It isn't a legal issue. it doesn't matter for purposes of the criminal activity. There is no "no harm, no foul" defense.

So much for this being a "hoax."

Posted on: 2/16 6:15 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Perhaps after the DHS reprimand NBC is finally going to stick with just the facts. One can hope, at least.

Posted on: 2/16 8:30 pm

« 1 ... 68 69 70 (71) 72 73 74 ... 93 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved