We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 45 46 47 (48) 49 50 »

 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2280
This information cannot be correct, the great obama isn't in office anymore. Never mind, you always blame your the predecessor for bad things like obamie used to do. Carry on.

Posted on: 12/5/2017 1:43 pm
_________________
montani semper liberi & est ratio liberalismi aegritudinis animi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7460
You're right, big daddy. Liberal hypocrisy at its finest. For 8 years under Obama, whenever something bad happened, it was Bush's fault. But when something good happened it was because Obama was great. Now inder Trump, anything good happening (A LOT OF THINGS) it's because "Obama was great" and anything bad is Trumps fault. Despite literally anything and everything proving otherwise.

Posted on: 12/5/2017 2:09 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7460
So, liberals, help me out here, Trump agrees that JERUSALEM is the capital of ISRAEL and you call him a nazi??? You guys are idiots! LMAO

Posted on: 12/6/2017 10:39 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2307
The House of Representatives has rejected the Democrats’ resolution to impeach President Trump in a staggering 364-58 vote.
https://sso.foxnews.com/static/server. ... peachment-resolution.html

Posted on: 12/6/2017 11:16 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4777
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
So, liberals, help me out here, Trump agrees that JERUSALEM is the capital of ISRAEL and you call him a nazi??? You guys are idiots! LMAO


You recognize that this issue is a big problem in the ability to ever have a peace plan?

I don't think there will ever be one but when it was all set up originally Jerusalem was to be an independent city. Then the Israelis took it in the war in '67.

90% of the issues with Israel is them bulldozing Palestinian houses, illegally I might add, in the area of Jerusalem.

So, you send a message that if you want something violence and taking ti is the answer. Sowing that seed is going to reap a crop of killing and terror.

Posted on: 12/7/2017 9:53 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/22/2007 7:48 pm
From Frederick, MD
Posts: 2526
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
So, liberals, help me out here, Trump agrees that JERUSALEM is the capital of ISRAEL and you call him a nazi??? You guys are idiots! LMAO


You recognize that this issue is a big problem in the ability to ever have a peace plan?

I don't think there will ever be one but when it was all set up originally Jerusalem was to be an independent city. Then the Israelis took it in the war in '67.

90% of the issues with Israel is them bulldozing Palestinian houses, illegally I might add, in the area of Jerusalem.

So, you send a message that if you want something violence and taking ti is the answer. Sowing that seed is going to reap a crop of killing and terror.


Why should we not have our embassy in the host countries capital, where all the international business is done? It is very inconvenient to be located 50 miles away. We have our embassy in the capital of some 300+ other countries. Why should Israel be different?

We don't need Palestinians or anyone else to help us locate our embassies, thank you.

We really don't gaf if the loser terrorists and their Gaza minions threaten violence. It really says a lot more about them then us, doesn't it? Let Hamas act up. They are terrorists - that's what they do. Has nothing to do with us.

Let them riot and destroy what little they have. Clear example that they have not evolved politically to manager their affairs any other way, except through violence and threats against innocent people.

There is no valid peace "process" anyway.

Trump made sure to note that our embassy will be located in West Jerusalem, which WAS NEVER IN PLAY in any peace settlement, or co-capital two state plan. Of course that little FACT is too salient for TERRORISTS, American left wingers and the feckless drive by media to understand.

This is an excellent move by a President who leads and does not care what the Europeans, or the American media think. This is best for our diplomats and our support of Israel. After tomorrow's little riots that the media will magnify to be a huge deal, it will be over. Not a big deal. End. Of. Story.

Posted on: 12/7/2017 5:16 pm
_________________
JFK: We will put a man on the moon.

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.


Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7460
Why are people worried about a backlash? I've been told that Islam is the religion of peace.

LOL

I guess they will stop the decades of rioting to riot over this, then get back to rioting again after the riots.

Posted on: 12/8/2017 12:38 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/29/2008 4:48 pm
From Deadwood, Lakota Territory
Posts: 8253
The Israelites and the Philistines have been fighting over the geographic region that is now Jerusalem since roughly 1000 B.C. The Philistines were primarily Christian.

Islam wasn't created until around 600 A.D.

The Muslims co-opted the Philistine struggle through the Palestinians in order to wage war against Israel.

The Muslims have no interest in peace with Israel ... no matter WHERE the US Embassy is located. Don't kid yourself.

Ask yourself why the Muslims built a Mosque on top of the Holy site of King Saul; King David; and King Solomon.

Posted on: 12/8/2017 1:16 pm
_________________
Liberal, Progressive, Socialist, Globalist Fascists in BOTH parties are trying to take over the U.S.A.

Help us Eric Cartman, YOU are our only hope.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7460
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:
The Israelites and the Philistines have been fighting over the geographic region that is now Jerusalem since roughly 1000 B.C. The Philistines were primarily Christian.

Islam wasn't created until around 600 A.D.

The Muslims co-opted the Philistine struggle through the Palestinians in order to wage war against Israel.

The Muslims have no interest in peace with Israel ... no matter WHERE the US Embassy is located. Don't kid yourself.

Ask yourself why the Muslims built a Mosque on top of the Holy site of King Saul; King David; and King Solomon.


Because it isn't a religion. It's an ideology. Look at what those Islamic invaders have done to the UK. And they just willingly let it happen. At least places such as Poland and Japan don't let them in and their countries are free of rape and HONOUR killings. Looks like the Czech Republic will now be too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt.co ... uotas-european-court/amp/

Glad to see more countries fighting this forced globalism bullshit.

Posted on: 12/8/2017 4:25 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2307
Still Waiting......



In the meantime

Head of House intelligence panel finds evidence of abuse in US government surveillance
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/ ... ernment-surveillance.html

Posted on: 12/9/2017 12:43 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2307
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
ABC ran fake news about Trump which caused DOW to drop 350 points.

https://i.redd.it/xj6ggpqpje101.png

This is a great point that lost on many people. The market drop clearly shows that Trump and his policies are the driving force behind the current bull market highs. Anything that jeopardizes his leadership and Implementation of those policies directly and negatively impacts our markets and economy. This is now the Trump economic recovery and it will only get better if his tax cuts are signed into law.


I don't see it. The Dow is already up anticipating a drop in corporate tax rate from 35% to 20%. This is the mass of the DOW rise. Since stock prices are based on the free cash flows of a corporation if you increase the free cash flows you increase the value of the company.

I don't really see how this will translate to a whole lot more than a company making more money on the same sales. I don't see this improving the economy as a whole.

This tax bill, which I might say, is about the worst conceived taxation bill I have seen in my lifetime, does little to really improve the economy. The middle class tax cuts are provisional. They will be rolled back and I suspect will be tax increases after the deficits start rolling in to the tune of a trillion dollars over the coming 10 years.

Just to make sure people know where I fall on this issue, I believe that corporations should have their tax rate taken to 0% and to have the offset in revenue taken up by increases to the marginal tax rates of the high income earners. I would gladly support a return to Kennedy era or even before tax rates on individuals. This would allow corporations to make money and pass that money to the stock holders. Stock holders like the masses that have 401ks would receive these dividends tax free while the wealthy that use the dividends as income would be taxed at a marginal rate commensurate with their income.

This tax bill is just horrible and will go down as another tax increase like the one Reagan imposed in 1986. However the average Republican sheep will believe that taxes are cut just like they now believe that Reagan cut taxes.




Well here is one/a few ways.

[youtube=425,350][/youtube]

Posted on: 12/9/2017 12:59 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4777
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
ABC ran fake news about Trump which caused DOW to drop 350 points.

https://i.redd.it/xj6ggpqpje101.png

This is a great point that lost on many people. The market drop clearly shows that Trump and his policies are the driving force behind the current bull market highs. Anything that jeopardizes his leadership and Implementation of those policies directly and negatively impacts our markets and economy. This is now the Trump economic recovery and it will only get better if his tax cuts are signed into law.


I don't see it. The Dow is already up anticipating a drop in corporate tax rate from 35% to 20%. This is the mass of the DOW rise. Since stock prices are based on the free cash flows of a corporation if you increase the free cash flows you increase the value of the company.

I don't really see how this will translate to a whole lot more than a company making more money on the same sales. I don't see this improving the economy as a whole.

This tax bill, which I might say, is about the worst conceived taxation bill I have seen in my lifetime, does little to really improve the economy. The middle class tax cuts are provisional. They will be rolled back and I suspect will be tax increases after the deficits start rolling in to the tune of a trillion dollars over the coming 10 years.

Just to make sure people know where I fall on this issue, I believe that corporations should have their tax rate taken to 0% and to have the offset in revenue taken up by increases to the marginal tax rates of the high income earners. I would gladly support a return to Kennedy era or even before tax rates on individuals. This would allow corporations to make money and pass that money to the stock holders. Stock holders like the masses that have 401ks would receive these dividends tax free while the wealthy that use the dividends as income would be taxed at a marginal rate commensurate with their income.

This tax bill is just horrible and will go down as another tax increase like the one Reagan imposed in 1986. However the average Republican sheep will believe that taxes are cut just like they now believe that Reagan cut taxes.




Well here is one/a few ways.

[youtube=425,350][/youtube]


So we pick examples from the high flying world of public utilities. You know, those drivers of the economy.

Come on! First off, any CEO would tout all of the great things they will do with the money. I am surprised she didn't talk about how they were going to feed the hungry children at the orphanages.

The public water system is a complete ball of crap. I have lost my water more in the last two years than I have in my previous 48 years. I have been under MULTIPLE boil water advisories. My land line phone system sucks. If you are rural in WV your phone system sucks even more. They have been pocketing profits since these utilities were privatized. They sucked up the public money that built them and have done little improvements in the last 50 years. Ask any person that works in this sector about the state of the delivery system and you will hear the same story.

But the fact is that there is a system in place to allow company's to invest in their systems and upgrade them. That money is already non-taxable via a thing called depreciation. So they could have been doing this for the last 50 years, MOSTLY tax free. They are doing it now and they have to do it now because of their neglect. The difference truly is that now with the tax cuts this lady will still be able to make her millions while they use the profits to upgrade the system.

The facts are that this public utility is not representative of industry across the world. Industries DO NOT grow because they make more money. They grow because DEMAND for their product increases. Their profits grow because they become more efficient, ie. automation at the cost of jobs.

NO ONE.....and I mean NO ONE, hires a worker because they have more money in their pocket. They hire workers because they have a need. Anyone that believes the narrative that more money for the corporations means more money for the workers is an idiot. Sorry.....I at least, am too old and have run my own company too long to fall for that story.

In order to grow business you need to have more demand. This might occur in the early times of this tax bill but as the deficits roll in, and they will, these tax cuts are going to be rolled back....and you can bet your bottom dollar that they will make these roll backs automatic so they don't have to vote to raise your taxes and then we will be back to the old system but you can't deduct your state, local and property taxes and you can't deduct a bunch of other things. That will end up being a tax increase on the middle class.

The next thing that this bill will do is to spur business to move off-shore. Yes you heard me right. The Make American Great Again troll will be responsible for a significant amount of manufacturing leaving this country. "Why?" You say.

Because this bill will allow companies to repatriate foreign profits tax free. Currently, there is no incentive for companies that do a significant amount of business and HQ in this country to move off-shore unless they COMPLETELY move off-shore. Now they will be able to move their manufacturing to another country and this will allow profits everywhere ELSE in the world to be brought back tax free. So you will see an increase in Corporate HQ's moving back to the US. So if you are one of the people that are in upper management.....good for you there is about to be more mobility in your job. The workers though......not so much.


Posted on: 12/11/2017 9:03 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/29/2008 4:48 pm
From Deadwood, Lakota Territory
Posts: 8253
Quote:

brobison wrote:

NO ONE.....and I mean NO ONE, hires a worker because they have more money in their pocket. They hire workers because they have a need. Anyone that believes the narrative that more money for the corporations means more money for the workers is an idiot. Sorry.....I at least, am too old and have run my own company too long to fall for that story.

In order to grow business you need to have more demand. This might occur in the early times of this tax bill but as the deficits roll in, and they will, these tax cuts are going to be rolled back....and you can bet your bottom dollar that they will make these roll backs automatic so they don't have to vote to raise your taxes and then we will be back to the old system but you can't deduct your state, local and property taxes and you can't deduct a bunch of other things. That will end up being a tax increase on the middle class.

The next thing that this bill will do is to spur business to move off-shore. Yes you heard me right. The Make American Great Again troll will be responsible for a significant amount of manufacturing leaving this country. "Why?" You say.

Because this bill will allow companies to repatriate foreign profits tax free. Currently, there is no incentive for companies that do a significant amount of business and HQ in this country to move off-shore unless they COMPLETELY move off-shore. Now they will be able to move their manufacturing to another country and this will allow profits everywhere ELSE in the world to be brought back tax free. So you will see an increase in Corporate HQ's moving back to the US. So if you are one of the people that are in upper management.....good for you there is about to be more mobility in your job. The workers though......not so much.




I know you THINK you have a deep understanding of how the economy works, but these paragraphs show, on so many levels, you don't have complete understanding of the entire picture. I am going to stop short of saying you are wrong, because I believe you want to be right. You just don't quite see the entire picture.

Posted on: 12/11/2017 12:13 pm
_________________
Liberal, Progressive, Socialist, Globalist Fascists in BOTH parties are trying to take over the U.S.A.

Help us Eric Cartman, YOU are our only hope.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7460
Wanna talk about an agenda and propaganda? There was a terror attack in NYC buy a radical muslim Islamist, and CNN is talking about how many diet cokes President Trump drinks per day

Posted on: 12/11/2017 12:30 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4777
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:

NO ONE.....and I mean NO ONE, hires a worker because they have more money in their pocket. They hire workers because they have a need. Anyone that believes the narrative that more money for the corporations means more money for the workers is an idiot. Sorry.....I at least, am too old and have run my own company too long to fall for that story.

In order to grow business you need to have more demand. This might occur in the early times of this tax bill but as the deficits roll in, and they will, these tax cuts are going to be rolled back....and you can bet your bottom dollar that they will make these roll backs automatic so they don't have to vote to raise your taxes and then we will be back to the old system but you can't deduct your state, local and property taxes and you can't deduct a bunch of other things. That will end up being a tax increase on the middle class.

The next thing that this bill will do is to spur business to move off-shore. Yes you heard me right. The Make American Great Again troll will be responsible for a significant amount of manufacturing leaving this country. "Why?" You say.

Because this bill will allow companies to repatriate foreign profits tax free. Currently, there is no incentive for companies that do a significant amount of business and HQ in this country to move off-shore unless they COMPLETELY move off-shore. Now they will be able to move their manufacturing to another country and this will allow profits everywhere ELSE in the world to be brought back tax free. So you will see an increase in Corporate HQ's moving back to the US. So if you are one of the people that are in upper management.....good for you there is about to be more mobility in your job. The workers though......not so much.




I know you THINK you have a deep understanding of how the economy works, but these paragraphs show, on so many levels, you don't have complete understanding of the entire picture. I am going to stop short of saying you are wrong, because I believe you want to be right. You just don't quite see the entire picture.


Well....let's hear this nugget. How am I wrong? Don't just say I am wrong because I can give you concrete examples of how professional, award winning economists side with me on this tax bill. But I am interested in hearing all sides.

Tax cut results in wage growth...debunked

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump- ... x-obama-economist-2017-10

Tax cut boon to economy debunked.

https://www.ft.com/content/8b5233a6-d142-11e7-9dbb-291a884dd8c6

EDIT:

Tax bill rewards companies that go off shore.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/bus ... ffshore-repatriation.html

Posted on: 12/11/2017 1:07 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2307
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:

NO ONE.....and I mean NO ONE, hires a worker because they have more money in their pocket. They hire workers because they have a need. Anyone that believes the narrative that more money for the corporations means more money for the workers is an idiot. Sorry.....I at least, am too old and have run my own company too long to fall for that story.

In order to grow business you need to have more demand. This might occur in the early times of this tax bill but as the deficits roll in, and they will, these tax cuts are going to be rolled back....and you can bet your bottom dollar that they will make these roll backs automatic so they don't have to vote to raise your taxes and then we will be back to the old system but you can't deduct your state, local and property taxes and you can't deduct a bunch of other things. That will end up being a tax increase on the middle class.

The next thing that this bill will do is to spur business to move off-shore. Yes you heard me right. The Make American Great Again troll will be responsible for a significant amount of manufacturing leaving this country. "Why?" You say.

Because this bill will allow companies to repatriate foreign profits tax free. Currently, there is no incentive for companies that do a significant amount of business and HQ in this country to move off-shore unless they COMPLETELY move off-shore. Now they will be able to move their manufacturing to another country and this will allow profits everywhere ELSE in the world to be brought back tax free. So you will see an increase in Corporate HQ's moving back to the US. So if you are one of the people that are in upper management.....good for you there is about to be more mobility in your job. The workers though......not so much.




I know you THINK you have a deep understanding of how the economy works, but these paragraphs show, on so many levels, you don't have complete understanding of the entire picture. I am going to stop short of saying you are wrong, because I believe you want to be right. You just don't quite see the entire picture.


Well....let's hear this nugget. How am I wrong? Don't just say I am wrong because I can give you concrete examples of how professional, award winning economists side with me on this tax bill. But I am interested in hearing all sides.

Tax cut results in wage growth...debunked

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump- ... x-obama-economist-2017-10

Tax cut boon to economy debunked.

https://www.ft.com/content/8b5233a6-d142-11e7-9dbb-291a884dd8c6

EDIT:

Tax bill rewards companies that go off shore.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/bus ... ffshore-repatriation.html


Am I missing something? I looked through the articles you posted, well except for the one that requires you to be a subscriber. Neither article that I could see actually had a link to the actual section of the bill that proves the statements they are trying to make. Without any actual proof of the claims that the writers are making, these articles are no more than opinion pieces. Besides, when is the last time The NY Times wrote anything positive about Trump?


As far as the utilities go, all public utilities are governed by the public service commissions in each state that they serve. Their rates are set by the public service commission. Their rate increases must be permitted by the public service commission. In fact the amount a rate increase will be is set by the PSC. If those companies are able to keep more of their revenue due to tax cuts, they will have more funds on hand, which the PSC takes into account when considering a rate increase. The utility that I work for has spent millions this year of its own money to improve infrastructure just in this state alone. Not having to raise rates on customers allows them to keep more of their money to put into other areas of the economy. If you add that to the money they get to keep from having lower taxes, then you again have more available funds to be put back into the economy. Unless the individual is a saver that is.

Service outages and boil water advisories are more prevalent in water systems that are of a certain age. Boil water advisories are a precautionary action. It usually is issued when a line has to be cut in order to repair. After a repair, the line is to be flushed to purge any dirt and air from the line, and a boil water advisory is to be issued until a bacteriological sample/samples are observed to be absent of bacteria.

Posted on: 12/11/2017 5:34 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2307
So let me get this straight, you would be proud to work for Monsanto, but utility companies are evil? Now I’m questioning your rationale.




Obama’s “Clean Power Plan” Should Be Called the “Costly Power Plan”
https://instituteforenergyresearch.org ... ed-the-costly-power-plan/

Now that was an economic killer. As well, made many poor people struggle, especially in the winter months.

Posted on: 12/11/2017 5:42 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2013 9:51 pm
From Madhattan
Posts: 1229
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Wanna talk about an agenda and propaganda? There was a terror attack in NYC buy a radical muslim Islamist, and CNN is talking about how many diet cokes President Trump drinks per day


O never ever wrong one: Please regale us with your vast personal knowledge of terror attacks. The thing today happened in a space I pass through 5-6 days a week. I was in downtown Manhattan on 9/11/01 & experienced things I’ll never forget.

Your aim (& Trump’s) is to use such fear mongering statements to distract the general public from the fact that our sitting president is party to an organized criminal conspiracy intended to empower & enrich himself, his family & cohorts. The times we’re living through will come to be seen as a very dangerous, dark period of US history ... if our nation is lucky enough to survive it, that is.

Nixon still had a 25% approval rating when he resigned in disgrace. You are destined to be in the same position with this president.

Just wait. (Yes - you too Eery.)

Posted on: 12/11/2017 9:44 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4777
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:

NO ONE.....and I mean NO ONE, hires a worker because they have more money in their pocket. They hire workers because they have a need. Anyone that believes the narrative that more money for the corporations means more money for the workers is an idiot. Sorry.....I at least, am too old and have run my own company too long to fall for that story.

In order to grow business you need to have more demand. This might occur in the early times of this tax bill but as the deficits roll in, and they will, these tax cuts are going to be rolled back....and you can bet your bottom dollar that they will make these roll backs automatic so they don't have to vote to raise your taxes and then we will be back to the old system but you can't deduct your state, local and property taxes and you can't deduct a bunch of other things. That will end up being a tax increase on the middle class.

The next thing that this bill will do is to spur business to move off-shore. Yes you heard me right. The Make American Great Again troll will be responsible for a significant amount of manufacturing leaving this country. "Why?" You say.

Because this bill will allow companies to repatriate foreign profits tax free. Currently, there is no incentive for companies that do a significant amount of business and HQ in this country to move off-shore unless they COMPLETELY move off-shore. Now they will be able to move their manufacturing to another country and this will allow profits everywhere ELSE in the world to be brought back tax free. So you will see an increase in Corporate HQ's moving back to the US. So if you are one of the people that are in upper management.....good for you there is about to be more mobility in your job. The workers though......not so much.




I know you THINK you have a deep understanding of how the economy works, but these paragraphs show, on so many levels, you don't have complete understanding of the entire picture. I am going to stop short of saying you are wrong, because I believe you want to be right. You just don't quite see the entire picture.


Well....let's hear this nugget. How am I wrong? Don't just say I am wrong because I can give you concrete examples of how professional, award winning economists side with me on this tax bill. But I am interested in hearing all sides.

Tax cut results in wage growth...debunked

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump- ... x-obama-economist-2017-10

Tax cut boon to economy debunked.

https://www.ft.com/content/8b5233a6-d142-11e7-9dbb-291a884dd8c6

EDIT:

Tax bill rewards companies that go off shore.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/bus ... ffshore-repatriation.html


Am I missing something? I looked through the articles you posted, well except for the one that requires you to be a subscriber. Neither article that I could see actually had a link to the actual section of the bill that proves the statements they are trying to make. Without any actual proof of the claims that the writers are making, these articles are no more than opinion pieces. Besides, when is the last time The NY Times wrote anything positive about Trump?


As far as the utilities go, all public utilities are governed by the public service commissions in each state that they serve. Their rates are set by the public service commission. Their rate increases must be permitted by the public service commission. In fact the amount a rate increase will be is set by the PSC. If those companies are able to keep more of their revenue due to tax cuts, they will have more funds on hand, which the PSC takes into account when considering a rate increase. The utility that I work for has spent millions this year of its own money to improve infrastructure just in this state alone. Not having to raise rates on customers allows them to keep more of their money to put into other areas of the economy. If you add that to the money they get to keep from having lower taxes, then you again have more available funds to be put back into the economy. Unless the individual is a saver that is.

Service outages and boil water advisories are more prevalent in water systems that are of a certain age. Boil water advisories are a precautionary action. It usually is issued when a line has to be cut in order to repair. After a repair, the line is to be flushed to purge any dirt and air from the line, and a boil water advisory is to be issued until a bacteriological sample/samples are observed to be absent of bacteria.


First off, the articles reference items in the tax bill. some were written before there was A tax bill. So they can't reference parts of something that isn't there. The first one is an ex-Obama economist. So showing that it is an economist that is holding this idea.

I have never said that tax cuts would not result in ANY increase in GDP. I am saying that it is minimal. Not only have I said that but the chief economist for Moody's has stated that multiple times over the last 10 years.

Trump and the GOP have said that this tax cut will generate enough growth to offset the loss in revenue. Never have I heard a more stupid statement. I am telling you that economists state this is complete BS. With the exception of a few dubious economists that are on the conservative bandwagon.

First off, let's look how onerous taxation is for public utilities. The Institute for Policy Studies looked at 40 utility companies. These utility companies were responsible for $43.9 billion in pre-tax profits. They paid $1.6 billion in federal AND STATE income taxes. That is about 3.6% so this tax cut will reduce it by say $688 million. That is an improvement of about 1.5%. That really isn't going to effect a lot of people is it? Oh, by the way....of the 40 surveyed 23 paid no Federal taxes at all!!! NONE! So cutting taxes won't have ANY effect at all for 58% of the companies in this study.

Let's be honest. The Utility sector of the economy is about 8.8% of the economy. With all due respect, NOT RAISING rates on people doesn't do a whole lot for the average consumer. The fact is that income tax rates are going to be reduced 10 percentage points is not going to be a significant driver for consumers. If you don't raise the average families utility bills (Mind you they aren't going to go down you can bet on that) you only get a portion of that. The reason for that is that in this economy it will result in lower raises in coming years. It isn't like there are bidding wars on employees. There is practically no wage gains being realized now. That means that companies are not competing for workers and any windfall for companies will go into their profits. There will be no more money for workers. Companies give workers raises because they HAVE to not because they WANT to. They don't ever WANT to.

For companies in the private sector which is the mass of the economy this will result in no benefit to the consumer. A car is going to sell for what a car is worth not what the company pays to make it or taxes on its profits is.




Posted on: 12/12/2017 8:33 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4777
Quote:

EERY wrote:
So let me get this straight, you would be proud to work for Monsanto, but utility companies are evil? Now I’m questioning your rationale.




Obama’s “Clean Power Plan” Should Be Called the “Costly Power Plan”
https://instituteforenergyresearch.org ... ed-the-costly-power-plan/

Now that was an economic killer. As well, made many poor people struggle, especially in the winter months.


Don't know if this is directed at me or not but.....I don't know if I ever really said that the evil level of utilities are any more than anything else.....but....at least Monsanto has to compete. They can't run to a commission of government idiots and raise the price of their product.

Don't really understand why Monsanto is so hated. Their products have helped eliminate a lot of the world's starvation. I would think that would be a good thing.

I do realize that crazy nut jobs think Monsanto is killing them and splicing Round-Up into the genes of plants but the fact that these idiots think you can "splice" Round-Up into genes should discount their view on anything.

I would work for Monsanto. I would work for a utility too. Nothing wrong with either one. At the same time don't try to tell me what this administration has been telling me:

1. I am going to get a raise of $4,500. When I tell my boss that he laughs and laughs.....and he is a Trump supporter.

2. The economy will grow to replace the tax losses.

3. Companies will move back here for manufacturing.


The statements I have stated above are factual and supported by numerous economists.

This is a horrible tax bill and the way it is written will most likely result in a tax increase in a few years on the middle class. While I don't mind the cuts to corporations we need to raise rates on the people who are going to benefit from the corporate tax cuts to off-set the reduction in revenue. EVERYONE can't get a tax cut. Come on, guys are we in 3rd grade? There is no Santa Clause and there is no free lunch.

Posted on: 12/12/2017 8:42 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



« 1 ... 45 46 47 (48) 49 50 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved