We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 »

OBAMA ILLEGALLY ROBBED FANNIE, FREDDIE TO FUND OBAMACARE
Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Oh how the plot thickens. Liberals feel free to ignore these crimes, and continue on with your Trump bashing.

Link
http://www.infowars.com/exclusive-oba ... reddie-to-fund-obamacare/

Posted on: 2/28 1:19 am

Re: OBAMA ILLEGALLY ROBBED FANNIE, FREDDIE TO FUND OBAMACARE
Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Isn't this the same website that said Sandy Hook was a Hollywood production with paid actors? I believe there was also a story about the government adding chemicals to the water to turn people gay. Great reporting

Posted on: 2/28 5:44 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Isn't this the same website that said Sandy Hook was a Hollywood production with paid actors? I believe there was also a story about the government adding chemicals to the water to turn people gay. Great reporting

I thought you progressives were open minded!

Posted on: 2/28 7:49 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

Strohs wrote:

I thought you progressives were open minded!

I am. I love House of Cards

Posted on: 2/28 8:21 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Strohs wrote:

And it appears you get your news from comedians (Colbert). Did you research those claims for yourself, or are you just going off the edited clips that the corrupt left media/comedy shows feed you?

Better yet, can you disprove the claims made in this article? Funny how you clowns will eat up every negative word the bought and paid for media put out about Trump, and blindly ignore all the bad things Obama and Hillary have done for years. Belittle the messenger and ignore the message. Pseudo intellectuals at their finest.

Posted on: 2/28 9:53 am

Party Machine
From Chucktown
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Better yet, can you disprove the claims made in this article? Funny how you clowns will eat up every negative word the bought and paid for media put out about Trump, and blindly ignore all the bad things Obama and Hillary have done for years. Belittle the messenger and ignore the message. Pseudo intellectuals at their finest.

Making a claim and demanding others disprove it is a good way to justify believing stupid things.

Your claim, your proof.

Posted on: 2/28 11:20 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Elbow_Jobertski wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Making a claim and demanding others disprove it is a good way to justify believing stupid things.

Your claim, your proof.

The lazy man's rebuttal. You are a lawyer right? I would think that digging up proof would be second nature for you. The article has references through it. You are challenging me to prove my proof. Well I guess since you are too lazy to click the links in the article for yourself, here you go. http://gselinks.com/Court_Filings/Fairholme/13-465-0001.pdf

And I bet you thought you were being clever.

Oh and just for kicks

In Utero exposure to BPA May Adversely Affect Male Genital Development
https://www.dor.kaiser.org/external/ne ... Male_Genital_Development/

That is the link I found when looking at the report infowars put out that has been misrepresented time and again by the mainstream spin doctors.

If you can't beat them, do your d@mnedest to discredit them. Apparently some people are still willing to fall for it.

Posted on: 2/28 12:28 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Oh and I should have posted the link for the information on the $130 billion in subsidies.
https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/file ... uranceBaseline_OneCol.pdf

Posted on: 3/1 7:25 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
And here is a Bloomberg article depicting the $240 billion siphoned from Fannie and Freddie into the treasury.
https://www.bloomberg.com/quicktake/fa ... -and-freddie-mac-irbtxzdk

Both of these links were found embedded in the Infowars article.

Posted on: 3/1 7:33 am

Party Machine
From Chucktown
Quote:

EERY wrote:

The lazy man's rebuttal. You are a lawyer right? I would think that digging up proof would be second nature for you.

Sure, but so is identifying who has the burden of proof.

I'll waste my time reading and explaining your links. I'll not speculate why you are concerned with the lack of development of male genitalia.

The CBO says the ACA is being funded. This is obvious. That link isn't very interesting.

According to another link, Freddie and Fannie are showing profits. The terms of their bailout say that the Feds get these profits. Several hedge funds are challenging this. They lost as to most of their claims at both the district court and appeals court, with the appeals court ruling happening in February, 2017. They may or may not appeal to the Supreme Court or ask for a rehearing. There are other issues (about the details of the contract) to be rehashed in the district court.

You also linked to a 2013 complaint that may or may not be the above lawsuit. It is unclear at best. Anyway, a complaint is nothing but allegations. It only shows that a party claims something, and has nothing to do with whether those claims have any merit. It isn't worth parsing further. Orders and opinions matter as to what is legal and not legal. Complaints do not.

So:

First of all, the idea that a program is being funded is not exactly novel. The ACA is no different. Some companies agreed to pay future profits as part of a bailout. Again, yawn.

Saying that the government at all "ILLEGALLY ROBBED" Freddie or Fannie is contradicted by the fact that the courts have so far, according to the article you cited, ruled in favor of the government.

Finally, and more importantly, even if the Freddie/Fannie payments were not legal, none of these links come anywhere close to establishing a connection.

All you are proving is that you either didn't read or didn't understand the one remotely significant link you posted.

This is why I don't take this "prove me wrong" stuff at all seriously. Roughly 100% of the time I bother to look into it I find out it is nonsense. This is another example.

Posted on: 3/1 11:50 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Novel how your post danced around how the Obama administration's actions were unconstitutional in the appropriation of funding. They totally end arounded Congress who is supposed to have power of the purse.
Quote:
"Congress is the only source for such an appropriation, and no public money can be spent without one.”

Seems to me you totally missed the point of the original posted article. If Trump would pull a stunt like this you degenerates would be all up in arms, and rightfully so. The title of the article was worded as such to draw people to read it. The article itself listed actions taken, and how Obama worked to subvert the authority given Congress by the Constitution.

Real classy on the genitalia jab. That's a stunt you'd only pull behind the safety of your computer I'm sure. You're so brave!

I posted the links that were embedded in the article to show where they were getting their figures, and the statements they were referencing in the article. Again, I thought you were a lawyer. Why do I have to explain this to you?

Let me make it real simple for you. Was President Obama undermining the the Constitution by subverting the power of the purse given to Congress in the Constitution? In this case yes he was.

I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. Stay tuned folks.

Posted on: 3/2 9:16 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Elbow_Jobertski wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Your claim, your proof.

And by the way....

I wasn't just making claims and demanding people disprove them. Yet another feeble attempt of yours to distort what was actually being said. Do you need me to explain what was actually being said? At this point I'm doubting your ability to reason out things for yourself. I'll be happy to explain. All you need to do is ask.

Posted on: 3/2 10:36 am

Party Machine
From Chucktown
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Let me make it real simple for you. Was President Obama undermining the the Constitution by subverting the power of the purse given to Congress in the Constitution? In this case yes he was.

Such an argument is not addressed by your links.

Is there an appropriation argument in the courts? Yes. Just not what you seem to think.

It is accepted that Congress has legally promised money to the insurers. That boat has sailed. The only issue left is how the insurers are to be paid.

Most experts expect the appeals court to toss out the case on the issue of standing, that is that the Constitution does not allow the Federal Courts to hear this kind of lawsuit.

As to the statute, the administration interprets the statute to allow the payment of these debts without specific appropriation, for a few legal reasons not worth getting into in detail. Congress argues otherwise, and wants the people to who we owe money to be forced to sue for it.

The big point is that Congress has promised the money and legally must pay, so the administration is not paying out money that the government as a whole has no obligation to pay.

This is Congress launching a probably unconstitutional lawsuit to protect it's power to stiff those it owes money.

Which has zero to do with the lawsuits about bailout terms.

Posted on: 3/7 12:01 pm

Party Machine
From Chucktown
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Elbow_Jobertski wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Your claim, your proof.

And by the way....

I wasn't just making claims and demanding people disprove them. Yet another feeble attempt of yours to distort what was actually being said. Do you need me to explain what was actually being said? At this point I'm doubting your ability to reason out things for yourself. I'll be happy to explain. All you need to do is ask.

I can read. You asked me if I could disprove something.

Maybe you did other things, like make baseless accusations about the nature of my beliefs and my intelligence. I didn't consider them relevant. Amusing, but irrelevant.

Posted on: 3/7 12:14 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Elbow_Jobertski wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Elbow_Jobertski wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Your claim, your proof.

And by the way....

I can read. You asked me if I could disprove something.

Maybe you did other things, like make baseless accusations about the nature of my beliefs and my intelligence. I didn't consider them relevant. Amusing, but irrelevant.

Oh really? Perhaps you should read it again.

Posted on: 3/7 3:41 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
The only way that would be possible is if Strohs is an alternate screen name you go by.

...and that is still not the exact statement or point I was making.

Posted on: 3/7 4:41 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
I think all of them are being paid by sharia blue. They all comment at similar times and it's always the same brain dead rhetoric.

Posted on: 3/7 5:27 pm

Pitt Hater
So you're telling me the Obama administration bailed out a company that Wall Street ran into the ground to the tune of -$200 billion, passed a few regulations, turned it into a money-making machine, then parlayed that into healthcare for 20 million people?

No wonder the guy won a Nobel Prize. That's the best government business deal since the Louisiana Purchase.

But what's this? Wall ST is mad because they want it back now that its making money?

What about the author of the original piece? Oh yeah, he ripped off investors for $1.5 million in the 90s and never paid them back despite losing a court decision.

You guys are funny.

Posted on: 3/9 8:12 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
If you do your research you will see that the Clintons made the housing bubble crisis all possible. Though George W played his part in it as well.

It was legislation leading to crooked bankers being able to flood the market with unsecured loans, with legislated lower standards for loan approval that created the need for all the bailouts.

Posted on: 3/9 9:00 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV

Posted on: 3/9 9:41 pm

(1) 2 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved