We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16)

 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 6125
No matter who wins this year, it's destiny.

South Carolina and Gonzaga haven't ever been to a final four, Oregon hasn't done **** since the 30s, and UNC is UNC. They've been in the final four over 25% of the time since there has been a final four.

**** Gonzaga.

Posted on: 3/27 8:29 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 6125
The fact that Gonzaga is playing for a national championship is a **** disgrace. Let's join a conference whwre our toughest game is against Greenbrier East.

Posted on: 4/1 7:23 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
5/28/2008 9:04 pm
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
Posts: 6872
2007 all over again

Posted on: 4/1 8:59 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Pitt Hater
Joined:
9/20/2009 2:56 pm
From austin, tx
Posts: 1546
WVU could have beat either finalist on a decent day.

Posted on: 4/3 11:16 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
5/28/2008 9:04 pm
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
Posts: 6872
Next year...we got this!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 4/3 11:26 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Pitt Hater
Joined:
9/8/2011 7:49 pm
From St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2370
ESPN ran an article about how the national championship gave was boring and filled with fouls. How Gonzaga was in the double bonus with 10 mins left in the game. Well **** you ESPN, we have been living with that **** for years. It only matters when UNC plays. Take a look at the tape of us playing Gonzaga and listen to the commentators, never said a word. Its bullship, let the boys play

Posted on: 4/4 4:14 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
12/1/2010 8:07 pm
From nj - wv - ca
Posts: 1166
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
The fact that Gonzaga is playing for a national championship is a **** disgrace. Let's join a conference whwre our toughest game is against Greenbrier East.


I'm confused...you realize Gonzaga didnt beat any WCC teams to make the finals, right?

They also managed to beat Florida (elite eight), Iowa State (2nd round), Arizona (sweet 16), and St. Mary's (2nd round) THREE times...

Stop being so dramatic, you're being a donk, we lost, get over it...

Posted on: 4/4 9:51 am
_________________
i don't associate with haters, cause that's how motherf**kin gangstas be...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 6125
You're right, Festus. We really do deal with that garbage every game. The refs need to tone it down. They have too much of an influence. Their inconsistency kills alot of teams and the way they play game to game. We have even seen the 2nd half be called wildly different than thr first half. No excuse for it. Its really not fair to the kids. How many times have we seen a player go up for a layup, hit bodies with a big man in mid air, and is not a foul, but if a player is dribbling at half court and you simply reach out and touch him a foul is called? Against Zaga they whistled Carter for a foul on an inbounds play and he didn't even touch him. He didn't even defend the inbounds pass. And then they call Phillip for a foul because Goss backs his butt into him at half court. They really do need to let the kids play. Refs have too much pull. Nobody pays to see refs blow their whistle 30 time a game or to see 2 teams shoot a combined 60 free throws.

We would have killed Gonzaga, if we would have made our damn shots. We would have killed X, and we would have killed SC. UNC might have beaten us. But it's just frustrating to lose the way we did.

Posted on: 4/4 10:00 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 6125
Quote:

TheMac wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
The fact that Gonzaga is playing for a national championship is a **** disgrace. Let's join a conference whwre our toughest game is against Greenbrier East.


I'm confused...you realize Gonzaga didnt beat any WCC teams to make the finals, right?

They also managed to beat Florida (elite eight), Iowa State (2nd round), Arizona (sweet 16), and St. Mary's (2nd round) THREE times...

Stop being so dramatic, you're being a donk, we lost, get over it...


No. Arizona didn't have their best player and ISU didn't have their 2nd best player. That's like saying an NBA team is good because they beat the Cavs without LeBron or Kyrie.

Florida was a Cinderella team and St. Mary's isn't an accomplishment.

Zaga literally scored 26 points against NDSU in a half, literally needed an uncalled goaltend and a technical when the coach protested, to beat northwestern, refs help to beat us at the end, then they were gifted by playing 11 seed Xavier, and 7 seed SC. They played cupcakes every game then had a cakewalk to the championship game. I'm glad they lost. They didn't deserve it

Posted on: 4/4 10:08 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
11/7/2009 9:27 pm
From Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4106
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

TheMac wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
The fact that Gonzaga is playing for a national championship is a **** disgrace. Let's join a conference whwre our toughest game is against Greenbrier East.


I'm confused...you realize Gonzaga didnt beat any WCC teams to make the finals, right?

They also managed to beat Florida (elite eight), Iowa State (2nd round), Arizona (sweet 16), and St. Mary's (2nd round) THREE times...

Stop being so dramatic, you're being a donk, we lost, get over it...


No. Arizona didn't have their best player and ISU didn't have their 2nd best player. That's like saying an NBA team is good because they beat the Cavs without LeBron or Kyrie.

Florida was a Cinderella team and St. Mary's isn't an accomplishment.

Zaga literally scored 26 points against NDSU in a half, literally needed an uncalled goaltend and a technical when the coach protested, to beat northwestern, refs help to beat us at the end, then they were gifted by playing 11 seed Xavier, and 7 seed SC. They played cupcakes every game then had a cakewalk to the championship game. I'm glad they lost. They didn't deserve it


Stop it. WVU shot 26 percent during the game (not the refs fault), left a Gonzaga player wide open for a 3-pointer (not the refs fault), a player missed a pair of free throws that would have extend a lead (not the refs fault) and then had one of the worst offensive possessions ever (not the refs fault).

Posted on: 4/4 10:40 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 6125
You stop it. They did call a foul on Philip because Gross backed his butt on him immediately after Carter hits a 3 (refs fault). They don't call a foul when Adrian greys hit twice for a layup (refs fault) and they took 15 minutes to review a play that should have been a foul (refs fault, would given us 2 free throws) that went out of bounds when the first replay clearly shows it was our ball.

Both teams didn't have great offensive games but one team did get plenty of calls, no calls, and time to rest when they needed it. And to that, you can attribute to the refs.

So save your bs that the officiating didn't influence the outcome

Posted on: 4/4 11:26 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
11/7/2009 9:27 pm
From Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4106
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
You stop it. They did call a foul on Philip because Gross backed his butt on him immediately after Carter hits a 3 (refs fault). They don't call a foul when Adrian greys hit twice for a layup (refs fault) and they took 15 minutes to review a play that should have been a foul (refs fault, would given us 2 free throws) that went out of bounds when the first replay clearly shows it was our ball.

Both teams didn't have great offensive games but one team did get plenty of calls, no calls, and time to rest when they needed it. And to that, you can attribute to the refs.

So save your bs that the officiating didn't influence the outcome


Oh, the delay of game that should of been a foul? You mean you would want a foul to be called for two free throws instead of Carter hitting a 3-pointer to take a 58-55 lead 11 seconds after the delay?

And guess what? WVU got a break, too. The refs weren't making them run sprints during the delay.

After the refs "gave" Nigel-Goss two free throws, Dax had a chance to responded when he went to the line. HE. MISSED. BOTH. Not the refs. WVU would have had a 3-point lead. But then Gonzaga hit a 3-pointer, took the lead and WVU put up horrible shot after horrible shot in the final 37 seconds.

Stop making excuses for what was a horrible ending. WVU had the lead with 90 or so seconds left and they pissed it away.

Posted on: 4/4 11:46 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Here for the Beer
Joined:
9/2/2012 12:49 pm
Posts: 267
The Philip foul immediately after JC hit that three was a killer.....I keep going back to that in my mind.

There's no reason for Philip to be bodying-up Williams-Goss at the half court line....it was a silly foul, right or wrong call.

If we just avoid committing that stupid foul, I dont think they would have been able to close that 3 point gap. But we just give them 2 free points right after going up by 3. Killer.

Here's to next year.

Posted on: 4/4 1:58 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
12/1/2010 8:07 pm
From nj - wv - ca
Posts: 1166
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
You stop it. They did call a foul on Philip because Gross backed his butt on him immediately after Carter hits a 3 (refs fault). They don't call a foul when Adrian greys hit twice for a layup (refs fault) and they took 15 minutes to review a play that should have been a foul (refs fault, would given us 2 free throws) that went out of bounds when the first replay clearly shows it was our ball.

Both teams didn't have great offensive games but one team did get plenty of calls, no calls, and time to rest when they needed it. And to that, you can attribute to the refs.

So save your bs that the officiating didn't influence the outcome


You sound like a six year old who didn't get to play with the toy he wanted during playtime.

We lost, you need to move on, you're embarrassing everyone on this site with all this whining...

Posted on: 4/4 7:48 pm
_________________
i don't associate with haters, cause that's how motherf**kin gangstas be...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
6/19/2008 3:55 pm
From fort worth, tx
Posts: 800
Quote:

TheMac wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
You stop it. They did call a foul on Philip because Gross backed his butt on him immediately after Carter hits a 3 (refs fault). They don't call a foul when Adrian greys hit twice for a layup (refs fault) and they took 15 minutes to review a play that should have been a foul (refs fault, would given us 2 free throws) that went out of bounds when the first replay clearly shows it was our ball.

Both teams didn't have great offensive games but one team did get plenty of calls, no calls, and time to rest when they needed it. And to that, you can attribute to the refs.

So save your bs that the officiating didn't influence the outcome


You sound like a six year old who didn't get to play with the toy he wanted during playtime.

We lost, you need to move on, you're embarrassing everyone on this site with all this whining...


Hey, he says he played in college. Clearly knows the game better, I love his in-depth running analysis during games.

Posted on: 4/4 10:10 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4595
Quote:
wvufan1818 Posted:

You stop it. They did call a foul on Philip because Gross backed his butt on him immediately after Carter hits a 3 (refs fault). They don't call a foul when Adrian greys hit twice for a layup (refs fault) and they took 15 minutes to review a play that should have been a foul (refs fault, would given us 2 free throws) that went out of bounds when the first replay clearly shows it was our ball. Both teams didn't have great offensive games but one team did get plenty of calls, no calls, and time to rest when they needed it.

And to that, you can attribute to the refs. So save your bs that the officiating didn't influence the outcome


When you are as successful making a basket as a moderate hitting baseball player is of getting a hit......you should probably not spend so much time about other people's "perceived" mistakes.

Neither team had a particularly good offensive game. REALLY?!! We shot 26.7% they shot 40.9%. That is far and away the difference in the game.We shot 21,7% from the 3-point line they shot 40%. That is the difference in the game right there. The officials....as usual....are irrelevant. Fix this and you win. It is much easier to just blame the refs than to accept your performance is horrible.

As for the "disparity" in foul calling....there were 26 fouls against Gonzaga and 25 against WVU. Your argument holds almost no water at all.

THe officiating only "influenced" the game to the point that making calls has an effect. I guess a better solution is to not have any officials and then their calls can't "influence" the game. We'll see how long you like that solution.

I watched the game. With the exception of the period to review the out of bounds call with Adrian it was pretty well officiated. People have to stop bitching and complaining about officiating every time you lose. The same officials are blowing whistles on both teams. I assure you you didn't watch with the perception of the Gonzaga fan. I am sure they had plenty to complain about too. I would say that I don't think that Gonzaga has an edge in perception to WVU. It isn't like we were playing Duke, Kentucky or UNC.

There are thousands of college basketball officials. During that round only 24 officials were working games. The assigners of those 8 games had their choice of ANY of the thousands of officials to work those games. Those are damn good officials. If you didn't like the officiating and think its a problem then its likely you will NEVER EVER accept official's calls. So:

1. Stop watching the games
2. Have them stop playing because the whole system is unfair
3. Accept that not every call will be made during a game.

Consistency is NOT getting every call right. There are plenty of times that calls are not made that maybe should be made. I have been a vocal critic of college officials calling travels. With that being said, consistency is the ability to make sure that the basic level of physicality is adhered to.

I would also suggest that if you don't like the officiating, a real good solution is to be part of the solution. The world is waiting for you to give your ass off your couch and get out there and show us all how it is done. While not everyone can be a athlete at the highest levels ANYONE can be a top notch official with the drive and work ethic.

Posted on: 4/5 8:45 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Pitt Hater
Joined:
9/7/2008 9:59 am
From Athens GA
Posts: 1484
Agreed. WVU shoots 30%, which isn't very good, and we win by double digits. We lost because we couldn't make a basket.

Posted on: 4/5 8:55 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2206
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:
wvufan1818 Posted:

You stop it. They did call a foul on Philip because Gross backed his butt on him immediately after Carter hits a 3 (refs fault). They don't call a foul when Adrian greys hit twice for a layup (refs fault) and they took 15 minutes to review a play that should have been a foul (refs fault, would given us 2 free throws) that went out of bounds when the first replay clearly shows it was our ball. Both teams didn't have great offensive games but one team did get plenty of calls, no calls, and time to rest when they needed it.

And to that, you can attribute to the refs. So save your bs that the officiating didn't influence the outcome


When you are as successful making a basket as a moderate hitting baseball player is of getting a hit......you should probably not spend so much time about other people's "perceived" mistakes.

Neither team had a particularly good offensive game. REALLY?!! We shot 26.7% they shot 40.9%. That is far and away the difference in the game.We shot 21,7% from the 3-point line they shot 40%. That is the difference in the game right there. The officials....as usual....are irrelevant. Fix this and you win. It is much easier to just blame the refs than to accept your performance is horrible.

As for the "disparity" in foul calling....there were 26 fouls against Gonzaga and 25 against WVU. Your argument holds almost no water at all.

THe officiating only "influenced" the game to the point that making calls has an effect. I guess a better solution is to not have any officials and then their calls can't "influence" the game. We'll see how long you like that solution.

I watched the game. With the exception of the period to review the out of bounds call with Adrian it was pretty well officiated. People have to stop bitching and complaining about officiating every time you lose. The same officials are blowing whistles on both teams. I assure you you didn't watch with the perception of the Gonzaga fan. I am sure they had plenty to complain about too. I would say that I don't think that Gonzaga has an edge in perception to WVU. It isn't like we were playing Duke, Kentucky or UNC.

There are thousands of college basketball officials. During that round only 24 officials were working games. The assigners of those 8 games had their choice of ANY of the thousands of officials to work those games. Those are damn good officials. If you didn't like the officiating and think its a problem then its likely you will NEVER EVER accept official's calls. So:

1. Stop watching the games
2. Have them stop playing because the whole system is unfair
3. Accept that not every call will be made during a game.

Consistency is NOT getting every call right. There are plenty of times that calls are not made that maybe should be made. I have been a vocal critic of college officials calling travels. With that being said, consistency is the ability to make sure that the basic level of physicality is adhered to.

I would also suggest that if you don't like the officiating, a real good solution is to be part of the solution. The world is waiting for you to give your ass off your couch and get out there and show us all how it is done. While not everyone can be a athlete at the highest levels ANYONE can be a top notch official with the drive and work ethic.

Brobison - Bravo! well said and I especially like your point about officiating. I too am an official(football)and until I started wearing stripes I didn't know the rules like I thought I did. I still have a lot more to learn and as for these officials making the big dance, you better bet they are the best of the best.

Posted on: 4/5 11:25 am
_________________
montani semper liberi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16)




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved