We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

2017 Women's NCAA Tournament in COLLEGE PARK, MD

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm?story=32077&cat=exclusives

The WVU Women's BB team will be playing the first 2 rounds LOCALLY!

They'll be playing Elon in College Park, MD at Xfinity Center @ 2:30PM

It would be awesome if they could get some love from the fan base.

The West Virginia University women’s basketball team will be the No. 6-seed in the NCAA Championship College Park, Maryland, site after earning the automatic bid by winning the 2017 Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship last week. The Mountaineers will face No. 11-seed Elon on Friday, March 17, in College Park, Maryland. Tipoff is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. ET at the Xfinity Center.

Posted on: 3/14 1:51 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 2017 Women's NCAA Tournament in COLLEGE PARK, MD
Pitt Hater
From austin, tx
From NY Times

In 2006, Maryland, which now plays in the Big Ten Conference, defeated Duke, their former Atlantic Coast Conference rival, in the national title game, a 78-75 overtime thriller.

The Terrapins also gave UConn one of their staunchest tests on Dec. 29, ultimately falling, 87-81. But Maryland, led by Shatori Walker-Kimbrough and Brionna Jones, surely would welcome a rematch. First, though, it may have to deal with sixth-seeded West Virginia, one of the nation’s hottest teams, which unexpectedly captured the Big 12 tournament title with the dynamic play of Tynice Martin.

Posted on: 3/14 5:36 pm

Pitt Hater
Would love to see Brenda Freese and her twerps have to give some love to our ladies after we upset them. The are a very good team but , like most Twerp teams, overly cocky!! We also recruit against each other in the Baltimore, D.C. Metro area. I know they tried to get our current point guard Ray to come there big time. She is from Alexandria, va. Sure she will be super hyped!!

Posted on: 3/14 8:01 pm

Pitt Hater
From Rockville, MD
Last year I lived in Motown and went to every men's and women's bball games. I worked in Motown. Not anymore. Im 100% going to to the ladies game this week. Go MOUNTAINEERS!

Posted on: 3/15 8:58 pm

Pitt Hater
From Rockville, MD
MD had a player who launched an overhead two handed throw from WVU's foul line for a 3 right before the half. It was crazy. Tough break ladies. Great season!

Posted on: 3/19 4:19 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Southwest VA ... via Pleasants County, USA
Quote:

wooddash wrote:
MD had a player who launched an overhead two handed throw from WVU's foul line for a 3 right before the half. It was crazy. Tough break ladies. Great season!

Absolutely a great season. I wish they'd do something different to separate the men's and women's tournaments--the women get lost in the hype. VERY proud of our ladies.

Posted on: 3/20 4:41 am

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved