We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Blue gold game
Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:
I wonder if we will see Saunders? It looked like he had plenty of potential last spring.

Yeah, there several guys that I wanted to see but I guess I got lost in the game or they haven't played much.

Posted on: 4/15 1:32 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Grier looks good,
Can't see ESPN's FPI prediction of 6-6 holding up if Grier plays, but if he doesn't get cleared, then yeah I could see a 6-6 type season. Chugs reminds me of a slightly better version of Milliard.

I flipped when I first began to read these early prediction of us being 59 - 65th nationally...or 8th in the Big 12.

We are better than that. I know we are replacing a lot but we are better than that.

Time to tear up ...they're playing Country Roads...

Damn I miss Sunnyside

Posted on: 4/15 1:36 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
I'm surprised Grier played as much as he did.

Posted on: 4/15 1:42 pm

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Chugs can get the ball to the outside on bubbles and screens fine. But any time he had to ride the ball in the backs belly, pull it out and make a throw - he was bad. His throws were slow, he got his eyes up late and the throws were all over the place.

I really hope Grier can start the season - we need him.

Posted on: 4/15 1:45 pm

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:
I'm surprised Grier played as much as he did.

I think they threw a bunch at him too. Everything you hear is about him being a coach's son and basically being another coach out there. He's gonna be solid even if he has only average ability. I think he has great talent so he'll go as far as this team let's him. Gotta strengthen the line. Wickline will make them mean.

Posted on: 4/15 1:49 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
It looked like Chugs tended to toss up the ball when pressure was bearing down on him. That's going to end up being an interception in a real game.

Posted on: 4/15 1:49 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Did Cody not play?

Posted on: 4/15 2:56 pm

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
Cody was out with shoulder injury (I think).

Posted on: 4/15 4:03 pm

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Just Grier, Chugs and Geno (1/1, 1 80 yd TD to Shelton Gibson in a pretty neat goof around play).

Posted on: 4/15 4:08 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Mobile, AL
Sills...Good
RB's...Gooood
Grier...Goooood

As long as the O-line performs the offense is going to ridiculous this year. Also, the defense looked better than expected and we don't even have the two best players out there.

Hypothetical; If Grier is NOT cleared and waits 6 games and we are 5-1, 6-2, does Grier start right-a-way? I think it is a yes, because he looks so much better, but does anyone else have a different opinion?

Posted on: 4/15 6:41 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Quote:

cgmounty1 wrote:
Sills...Good
RB's...Gooood
Grier...Goooood

As long as the O-line performs the offense is going to ridiculous this year. Also, the defense looked better than expected and we don't even have the two best players out there.

Hypothetical; If Grier is NOT cleared and waits 6 games and we are 5-1, 6-2, does Grier start right-a-way? I think it is a yes, because he looks so much better, but does anyone else have a different opinion?

Grier is the starter no matter what in my mind.
If Grier is out first 6 then, I see a 4-2 start, losses to VTU and TCU. Chugs looks average at best. Really noticed the difference when watching Grier vs. Chugs as far as zip on passes.

The schedule really lines up really well this year though, really hope Grier gets to play right away though. Team really has decent shot to win 10. Toughest games will be at TCU, at KSU, and at OU, and OSU at home. Could see going 2-2 on those games with Grier playing whole season.
Its nice to have first Big 12 game being Kansas, and then last game being OU.

Posted on: 4/15 7:36 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Quote:

cgmounty1 wrote:
Sills...Good
RB's...Gooood
Grier...Goooood

If Grier is out first 6 then, I see a 4-2 start, losses to VTU and TCU. Chugs looks average at best. Really noticed the difference when watching Grier vs. Chugs as far as zip on passes.

The schedule really lines up really well this year though, really hope Grier gets to play right away though. Team really has decent shot to win 10. Toughest games will be at TCU, at KSU, and at OU, and OSU at home. Could see going 2-2 on those games with Grier playing whole season.

I agree. If Grier starts week one, we will whip VT. The FPI is baloney...ESPN early rankings have us 22nd...we will be ranked to begin the year, and Grier makes this team deadly. And I just don't get the hype with TCU. They have no QB and their defense blows now. You can't win in this league with average to below average QB play (unless you have WVu defense the last 2 years which TCU doesn't). I think win Grier we have an excellent shot to play in the B12 title game

Posted on: 4/15 8:40 pm

Pitt Hater
From austin, tx
Anyone have a link to the Geno Smith touchdown pass in the game?

Posted on: 4/15 9:26 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior

Posted on: 4/16 6:49 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Quote:

WVUswim wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Quote:

cgmounty1 wrote:
Sills...Good
RB's...Gooood
Grier...Goooood

Agreed on TCU. Kenny Hill is not good, I'd rather go against him then QB that transferred out Sawyer. The game will be tough though bc it's away and Patterson is an excellent coach.

I agree. If Grier starts week one, we will whip VT. The FPI is baloney...ESPN early rankings have us 22nd...we will be ranked to begin the year, and Grier makes this team deadly. And I just don't get the hype with TCU. They have no QB and their defense blows now. You can't win in this league with average to below average QB play (unless you have WVu defense the last 2 years which TCU doesn't). I think win Grier we have an excellent shot to play in the B12 title game

Agreed, Ken Hill is not a good QB, I'd rather face him than Sawyer who transferred out this year. Though game is away and Patterson is one of the top coaches, so it will be a tough game..

Posted on: 4/16 10:54 am

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Is there a replay of he game available?

Posted on: 4/16 11:25 am

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Is McKoy injured? I don't remember seeing him in the game.

Posted on: 4/16 4:43 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
Is there a replay of he game available?

Posted on: 4/16 4:44 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Mobile, AL
I was wondering the same, but i think i renwmber hearing he strained something.

Posted on: 4/16 9:34 pm

Party Machine
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

Sandstone56 wrote:
Is McKoy injured? I don't remember seeing him in the game.

From the WVU website recap of the game:

* Kennedy McKoy did not play today for what Holgorsen termed “an upper body procedure.” Holgorsen said the sophomore running back had a really good spring and he “can’t wait to see to see him in June.”

Posted on: 4/17 11:15 am

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved