We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 15 »

Re: WVU Football 2018 Recruiting Thread
Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Too early to say, hasn't really played a good game yet against a quality oppt. To me he didn't play that well vs. only real competiton(Virginia Tech). Against ECU, DSU, and KU any QB will put up fat stats. True test will be next week against TCU. To me he has plenty of opportunites to prove himself.

I have to disagree there. Yes, for a quarter and a half he was rusty but from mid-second quarter to the end of the game he looked fantastic in my opinion.

Posted on: 9/29 7:49 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Too early to say, hasn't really played a good game yet against a quality oppt. To me he didn't play that well vs. only real competiton(Virginia Tech). Against ECU, DSU, and KU any QB will put up fat stats. True test will be next week against TCU. To me he has plenty of opportunites to prove himself.

I have to disagree there. Yes, for a quarter and a half he was rusty but from mid-second quarter to the end of the game he looked fantastic in my opinion.

I completely agree with bro. If WG played the whole game as he did the last 2-1/2 quarters we would have won that game.

Posted on: 9/29 11:06 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:

I completely agree with bro. If WG played the whole game as he did the last 2-1/2 quarters we would have won that game.

We shall soon see next week vs. a good defense. I hope you two are right.

Posted on: 9/29 11:30 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:

He has a no quit spirit. I just hope he doesn't get injured trying to make something happen with his feet. It is good to see him starting to slide more.

Posted on: 9/29 8:38 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:

Yep. Or we started with ECU, then played Vagina.

Posted on: 9/29 10:43 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
We'll see tonight if Virginia Tech is overhyped or not too.

Posted on: 9/30 8:49 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
Picked up a JUCO safety/linebacker, 3 star, Charlie Benton:

https://www.smokingmusket.com/2017/10/ ... rlie-benton-butler-kansas

Posted on: 10/1 8:42 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Picked up a JUCO safety/linebacker, 3 star, Charlie Benton:

https://www.smokingmusket.com/2017/10/ ... rlie-benton-butler-kansas

Posted on: 10/1 8:42 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:

He has a no quit spirit. I just hope he doesn't get injured trying to make something happen with his feet. It is good to see him starting to slide more.

Lets also not forget that we consistently started our drives from our within own 20 yard line and VT consistently started from midfield. In spite of the HORRIBLE kicking game, we were on the verge of victory right up until the final possession. I really believe that with a decent kicking game, we would have won that game.

I just cannot mentally hang that loss on Grier. He had us in it, in a seesaw battle the whole night, in spite of having to battle uphill the whole way.

Posted on: 10/2 1:42 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Ecuador, 2 Degrees South
IMO we were liucky to only lose to VT by 7. They missed 2 gimme FG's IMO. They make those and we would have pressed and probably forced balls into a very good defense. That being said, their punter put their D in good field position all day long.

Posted on: 10/2 2:22 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

nick12va wrote:
IMO we were liucky to only lose to VT by 7. They missed 2 gimme FG's IMO. They make those and we would have pressed and probably forced balls into a very good defense. That being said, their punter put their D in good field position all day long.

That is true.....but....we missed a touchdown at the end that could easily have been 7. Plus we had a fumble that was eventually given back to VT that I think ended in a score.

Posted on: 10/2 8:10 pm

Suspected Punter
We are coming down the homestretch in the recruiting season. We picked up the LB Benton (Two more years with a LB named Benton) last weekend. That was the first JUCO commit out of 17 recruits, meaning that the coaching staff believes there are few immediate needs.

We are still actively pursuing a couple of JUCOs, the CB Jeremy Webb (a new Rivals 4-star) from NY and an offensive tackle from AZ. An OG from MS (Damien Lewis) has us high on his list.

For high schoolers, Kwantel Raines has scheduled his official visit for the Ok State game. He will commit the Monday after. That is a good sign for us. The Ok State game is probably our biggest home game on the schedule this year. All seems quiet on the fronts of Blaine Scott and Zakoby McClain. I think Scott may have scheduled his official too. TJ Banks recently visited UCF, but all signs still point to us. All 4 of them are looking more solid toward us with each passing day.

I have to think McClain, Raines, and Webb would finish the defense. Cooke may be plan B at CB if we don't get Webb. Scott and one more lineman (the JUCO, Goss, Ezeudu, Tenuta), along with Banks would probably get the offense close to done too. They might shoot for one more WR. If we get all of those guys, then we would have 8 guys with 4-stars in one recruiting service or another (Stills, Brown, Lowe, Raines, McClain, Webb, Scott, Banks). Joseph Scates still has us in his final 2. He would make another, but I don't hear much from the WVU side about him. If they all get to campus, that would be our best recruiting class in the star-era, hands down, at least on paper.

Posted on: 10/6 8:28 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

professeer wrote:
We are coming down the homestretch in the recruiting season. We picked up the LB Benton (Two more years with a LB named Benton) last weekend. That was the first JUCO commit out of 17 recruits, meaning that the coaching staff believes there are few immediate needs.

We are still actively pursuing a couple of JUCOs, the CB Jeremy Webb (a new Rivals 4-star) from NY and an offensive tackle from AZ. An OG from MS (Damien Lewis) has us high on his list.

For high schoolers, Kwantel Raines has scheduled his official visit for the Ok State game. He will commit the Monday after. That is a good sign for us. The Ok State game is probably our biggest home game on the schedule this year. All seems quiet on the fronts of Blaine Scott and Zakoby McClain. I think Scott may have scheduled his official too. TJ Banks recently visited UCF, but all signs still point to us. All 4 of them are looking more solid toward us with each passing day.

I have to think McClain, Raines, and Webb would finish the defense. Cooke may be plan B at CB if we don't get Webb. Scott and one more lineman (the JUCO, Goss, Ezeudu, Tenuta), along with Banks would probably get the offense close to done too. They might shoot for one more WR. If we get all of those guys, then we would have 8 guys with 4-stars in one recruiting service or another (Stills, Brown, Lowe, Raines, McClain, Webb, Scott, Banks). Joseph Scates still has us in his final 2. He would make another, but I don't hear much from the WVU side about him. If they all get to campus, that would be our best recruiting class in the star-era, hands down, at least on paper.

IF

Posted on: 10/6 10:31 pm

Suspected Punter
Yes. If.

Posted on: 10/7 8:34 pm

Suspected Punter
We picked up the JUCO CB Josh Norwood today. He is from Valdosta, Ga. originally, the home of future WVU CB Jayce Rogers and potential future WVU LB Zakoby McClain. He originally signed with Ohio State in the class of 15, redshirted, played one year, thn transferred to junior college. He has two years to play two. That brings the class total to 18 so far, with two of them being JUCOs.

It looks like Jeremy Webb is heading to Blacksburg. Taymon Cooke is still in the picture at CB as well. Zakoby McClain is holding steady, as is Kwantel Raines. Raines is set to announce two weeks from Monday, right after his official for the Ok State game.

On offense, TJ Banks, the TE from Western Pa., is set to announce Wednesday. A handful of linemen are still in the land of mutual interest, most notably Blaine Scott. I have to think we take two. A WR would then likely close the class. Scates is the biggest fish still out there with high interest.

If we can grab all those leaning hard our way and keep the ones we got, this can be the best class in many years, and if they all make it to campus, potentially the best ever. I like that it is dominated by high schoolers. JUCOs make up for mistakes 2-3 years past.

Posted on: 10/12 7:20 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Logan Holgorsen has committed to North Texas.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/ ... ts-north-texas-mean-green

Posted on: 10/18 9:15 am

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV

Posted on: 10/18 5:07 pm

Suspected Punter
2 up and 2 down for WVU in recruiting.

Big ups: TE T. J. Banks and OG Blaine Scott. Banks is a 4-star on Rivals. Scott is a 4-star on Scout. Both were expected to commit. Banks is from outside Pittsburgh and Scott is from southern Ohio.

Downs: WR Ralph Davis and TE T. J. Ivy are no longer committed. I assume three TEs were too many and Banks and O'Laughlin are in the plans going forward. Not sure what happened with Davis. We definitely need another WR now.

Coming up is Kwantel Raines, who commits a week from Monday. Almost every expert is picking WVU on this one. He has been consistently in the top two on the WVU wish list from the beginning (along with Dante Stills). Big props to the staff if they land them both.

Zakoby McClain is still out there, as is Luke Tenuta, though he is leaning to Va Tech. Taymon Cooke is still there as well. Good class got better. Stay tuned.

Posted on: 10/19 7:28 pm

Suspected Punter
Forgot to say that we have the number 21 class right now per Rivals.

Posted on: 10/19 9:24 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
It appears Raines, McClain and Scates (all 3 star and 4 star by some services) are all expected WVU commits. If they do commit, 247 would move us up to #20 in 247 rankings with still a few more targets out there

Posted on: 10/20 9:09 am

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 15 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved