We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

Re: WVU Football 2018 Recruiting Thread
Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
He's listed as an OL on one of the sites, OL and DL on one of the sites, and DL and TE on the 3rd. Weight varies from 215 to 255 height is 6'6" or 6'7". My money's on beefing him up and making him an O lineman.

Posted on: 5/9 8:54 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

FL77Mounty wrote:
He's listed as an OL on one of the sites, OL and DL on one of the sites, and DL and TE on the 3rd. Weight varies from 215 to 255 height is 6'6" or 6'7". My money's on beefing him up and making him an O lineman.

On another site he said WVU recruited him for the d-line. But he does have the ability to go either way which can be good in the future.

Posted on: 5/9 9:04 am

Party Machine
I just think it's good we're picking up commitments early so far, you never know how things will pan out, and how many actually make it to campus, as long as we continue getting around 25 prospects a year, we've shown we can develop talent.

Posted on: 5/9 6:43 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
WVU might be adding ANOTHER transfer quarterback.

Jack Allison left Miami recently and is looking for a new home. His father said that Jack will be choosing between WVU and Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

If Allison picks the Mountaineers, he would sit out this season (2017) and have three to play three. He is considering the CC so he would not sit out of any action.

There is a lot to like about the kid – 6'5, big arm and was a 4* recruit coming out of high school (he had offers from Bama, Tennessee, USF and Missouri).

Here is his HUDL page.

Posted on: 5/31 12:38 pm

Party Machine
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:

Jack Allison left Miami recently and is looking for a new home. His father said that Jack will be choosing between WVU and Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

If Allison picks the Mountaineers, he would sit out this season (2017) and have three to play three. He is considering the CC so he would not sit out of any action.

There is a lot to like about the kid – 6'5, big arm and was a 4* recruit coming out of high school (he had offers from Bama, Tennessee, USF and Missouri).

Here is his HUDL page.

I don't care how we get talented quarterbacks on the roster, just that we get them here. I actually mused around and the Miami fans were expecting a lot out of him apparently. But the size is there, there's no reason not to take a flier on this kid.

Posted on: 5/31 1:03 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Quote:

apizzle wrote:
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:

Here is his HUDL page.

I don't care how we get talented quarterbacks on the roster, just that we get them here. I actually mused around and the Miami fans were expecting a lot out of him apparently. But the size is there, there's no reason not to take a flier on this kid.

Agreed, perfect timing, sit out 2017, backup Grier in 2018, learning system, start 2019 and 2020.

Posted on: 5/31 3:09 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From spencer
If grier is as good as advertised he most likely will be a one and done. This kid could run scout this year and learn just like grier did. Then next year he would be ready to go. He would be a redshirt soph. Other option if grier stays scout 2017, qb2 2018, then 2 year starter. Sounds good either way. Chugs may come along but from what i have sean he is a backup not a starter.

Posted on: 5/31 9:22 pm

Party Machine
Quote:

viper000 wrote:
If grier is as good as advertised he most likely will be a one and done. This kid could run scout this year and learn just like grier did. Then next year he would be ready to go. He would be a redshirt soph. Other option if grier stays scout 2017, qb2 2018, then 2 year starter. Sounds good either way. Chugs may come along but from what i have sean he is a backup not a starter.

I feel like we're closing the door on Cody Saunders though, he looked decent in the Blue Gold game, and looks like he could be a starter down the line after Grier, though I wouldn't mind Allison in to give some competition to him. I do agree though, Chugs just doesn't look like he's starter material.

Posted on: 5/31 9:57 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

viper000 wrote:

2017 - Grier
2018 - Grier/Allison
2019 - Allison
2020 - Allison?
2021 - the first high school quarterback recruited by and to start an entire season for Dana: Logan Holgorsen.

Posted on: 6/1 7:38 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I highly doubt Grier, comes out after just a year, next years QB prospects is deep. I think even if he threw for 4000 yards he'd be back. Only way he doesn't would be if he won Heismann. Which is unlikely.

Posted on: 6/1 7:45 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL

Posted on: 6/1 11:56 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Quote:

apizzle wrote:
Quote:

viper000 wrote:

I feel like we're closing the door on Cody Saunders though, he looked decent in the Blue Gold game, and looks like he could be a starter down the line after Grier, though I wouldn't mind Allison in to give some competition to him. I do agree though, Chugs just doesn't look like he's starter material.

I think we all noticed that Chugs biggest weakneses are:
1. velocity, especially on short to medium passes are low. The difference was really seen when watching Grier.
To me this is the most important aspect of running Dana's offense and also a huge weakness that Howard had.
2. lower mobility in pocket

3. Doesn't seem to have built any rapport with any WR's( Like Howard did with Shorts, Gibson by 2nd second season)

Posted on: 6/1 12:46 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
I agree with #1 & #2, but #3 doesn't carry much weight. The wide receivers build the rapport with the guy they think will be starting.

Posted on: 6/1 4:33 pm

Pitt Hater
From Chokie Burg
Cody Saunders is still in the QB room, we just haven't seen or heard much of him. He was "injured" during the spring. Red shirted this past season. Only thing I have ever seen from him, is warming up before the K-State game I went to last season. I like his size, just would like to see and hear more about him.

Posted on: 6/1 6:19 pm

Party Machine
Quote:

BamaNeer wrote:
Cody Saunders is still in the QB room, we just haven't seen or heard much of him. He was "injured" during the spring. Red shirted this past season. Only thing I have ever seen from him, is warming up before the K-State game I went to last season. I like his size, just would like to see and hear more about him.

Was I thinking of the Spring Game last year then?? I know he looked decently sharp in one of them. I'm sure he's only progressed since then, but then again Chugs is #2 on the roster, so maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Posted on: 6/1 6:35 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
Quote:

apizzle wrote:
Was I thinking of the Spring Game last year then?? I know he looked decently sharp in one of them. I'm sure he's only progressed since then, but then again Chugs is #2 on the roster, so maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Yeah, he played in the spring game last year and looked decent. I always assumed he would be the starter this year.

Posted on: 6/1 6:52 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
So with the horrible news about Saunders, I thought it might be a little positive to look at a potential future Mountaineer quarterback: Woodrow "Trey" Lowe III.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pound gunslinger from Tennessee is apparently pretty high on WVU. He has offers from Illinois, Memphis and Southern Miss but is getting interest from UNC, Mississippi and Vanderbilt. He is set to visit Morgantown soon.

The recruiting sites vary on how they see him: ESPN thinks he is a 4*, 247 says high-end 3* and Rivals has him as a 3*.

What stands out to me: he reminds me of Geno a lot. Here is his HUDL page. He is a little more mobile than Geno. He has good arm strength.

ESPN
Scout

Posted on: 6/6 8:11 am

Party Machine
What a freaking awesome name Woodrow Lowe III, not terribly impressed with his offer sheet, but maybe we get in on him early and he blows up, definitely a good thing with ESPN putting him in their top 300, means the kid has a lot of potential to be good.

Posted on: 6/6 12:24 pm

Suspected Punter
His 4.8 40 time is slow. IMO, 4.6 is the cutoff. Todays college game requires a QB that can run as well as pass. Can't win the big ones with a QB who is not mobile and fast.

Posted on: 6/6 7:11 pm

Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Quote:

Eerful wrote:
His 4.8 40 time is slow. IMO, 4.6 is the cutoff. Todays college game requires a QB that can run as well as pass. Can't win the big ones with a QB who is not mobile and fast.

Only one QB was sub 4.6 at the NFL combine. Watson ran a 4.66. Mahomes ran a 4.8. They were plenty fast enough. 40 time doesn't really make much difference. Its a test of acceleration. Yes, a QB needs to be mobile and display some athleticism. They don't have to be fast
http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

Posted on: 6/6 7:32 pm

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved