We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 »

 
Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
if this were happening to Maddow or Olberman the right would be crowing from the mountaintops! But as usual when a conservative is revealed as a dirtbag...crickets from the conservative crowd.

For a group that loves to chant "lock her up! lock her up!"...conservatives don't give two sh!ts about the morality of their own mouth pieces.

Don't let the door hit ya in da ass!

Open in new window


Posted on: 4/23 5:34 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
12/7/2010 9:55 pm
From M
Posts: 1013
I don't care about Bill O getting fired. I dont feel like he represents my conservatism very well. I will say this though --at least Fox News is displaying some integrity. MSNBC continues to let Maddow lie through her teeth regularly and retract statement after statement, and it doesn't bother their network at all. But then again, most people realize MSNBC is something other than an actual news network so it probably doesn't bother people.

Posted on: 4/24 4:44 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Integrity? Not even close.

They paid $13 million to settle several accusations over the years and only fired him when advertisers no longer wanted to be associated with his show. The network didn't care what he did as long as the money kept flowing.

Posted on: 4/24 5:22 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/29/2008 4:48 pm
From Deadwood, Lakota Territory
Posts: 8212
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Integrity? Not even close.

They paid $13 million to settle several accusations over the years and only fired him when advertisers no longer wanted to be associated with his show. The network didn't care what he did as long as the money kept flowing.


Key word: accusations.

The cases were settled with no admission of liability or guilt.

Sometimes it is simply cheaper to settle a "claim" than it is to litigate.

The Devil's advocate would argue that the gold diggers got their payoff and they were MORE than happy to take it and go away quietly.

Then one could argue that the advertisers extorted Fox News into doing what the advertisers wanted ... regardless of any finding, or lack thereof, of guilt or liability.

Posted on: 4/24 8:17 am
_________________
Liberal, Progressive, Socialist, Globalist Fascists in BOTH parties are trying to take over the U.S.A.

Help us Eric Cartman, YOU are our only hope.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12716
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Integrity? Not even close.

They paid $13 million to settle several accusations over the years and only fired him when advertisers no longer wanted to be associated with his show. The network didn't care what he did as long as the money kept flowing.


Key word: accusations.

The cases were settled with no admission of liability or guilt.

Sometimes it is simply cheaper to settle a "claim" than it is to litigate.

The Devil's advocate would argue that the gold diggers got their payoff and they were MORE than happy to take it and go away quietly.

Then one could argue that the advertisers extorted Fox News into doing what the advertisers wanted ... regardless of any finding, or lack thereof, of guilt or liability.


There is more information available that leans toward the claims having merit than there is that they don't. The most obvious is that they were settled for millions of dollars. As an employment lawyer who represents employees, I can say that this isn't what happens to claims that aren't supported by solid evidence. Bad claims get settled for nuisance value or go to trial, and it doesn't cost millions to litigate them. In this day and age, it is rare to find a case that is purely "he said, she said." There are text messages, emails, photos, Facebook PMs, and other kinds of electronic evidence. Women who are repeatedly harassed at work only need to use their phone to record the harasser. Likewise, it is much easier to support an alibi because all electronic activity is recorded. When you are on the phone or internet is supported by the electronic metadata. I cannot imagine these claims weren't supported by a good amount of evidence.

BTW - there was a campaign to get the advertisers to pull from his show. It is the same folks who are doing it to Breitbart. I would think that the capitalists among you would say the system is working.

Posted on: 4/24 3:51 pm
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/22/2007 7:48 pm
From Frederick, MD
Posts: 2518
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Integrity? Not even close.

They paid $13 million to settle several accusations over the years and only fired him when advertisers no longer wanted to be associated with his show. The network didn't care what he did as long as the money kept flowing.


Key word: accusations.

The cases were settled with no admission of liability or guilt.

Sometimes it is simply cheaper to settle a "claim" than it is to litigate.

The Devil's advocate would argue that the gold diggers got their payoff and they were MORE than happy to take it and go away quietly.

Then one could argue that the advertisers extorted Fox News into doing what the advertisers wanted ... regardless of any finding, or lack thereof, of guilt or liability.



You can argue all that all you want, but I think you are kidding yourself. Too much money spent on settlements over too many years. Plus we have the case from about 5 years ago where he was going all pervert on a coworkers voice mail. O'Reilly deserved to be terminated. Dude has been creeping on the ladies at work for years. When are men in positions of power going to learn to behave like gentlemen? Not only is it crass and disgusting behavior, it puts the ladies in a horrible situation at work that is patently unfair. I mean come on, what guy asks a business associate, a lady you just basically interviewed for a paid contributors position on your show, to join you in your hotel room? Whether he retaliated or not for her declining his invitation, this is just plain stupid behavior.

I don't know maybe I'm naïve. When I worked in a big corporation I was scared to death of any involvement with any female coworkers. Never be in a room alone with one. Never touch one in any way, except maybe a hand shake greeting with others around. Don't stare at them, don't say stupid things, don't tell them look nice today, or anything that could be misconstrued as suggestive. Just leave them alone, keep if professional, and let them work. Yes there are cases where men are wrongly accused - but I bet they are rare. I know one thing, I was damn sure I wasn't going to be wrongly accused.

Kind of sucks that it has to be that way. Now that I'm self employed as a part of my job I often take my male customers out to lunch or dinner. I don't even bother to ask the females. Not going there. No way no how.

The one thing he didn't deserve is the big $35M pay out. Most people would be ruined by this type of thing. I guess when you get that big you can demand a strong employment contract in your favor.

I say screw Ailes, O'Reilly and the entire Sr. staff at Fox News. They should get on with cleaning house or they will never change the culture.

Posted on: 4/24 4:25 pm
_________________
JFK: We will put a man on the moon.

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.


Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 8:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 2075
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
if this were happening to Maddow or Olberman the right would be crowing from the mountaintops! But as usual when a conservative is revealed as a dirtbag...crickets from the conservative crowd.

For a group that loves to chant "lock her up! lock her up!"...conservatives don't give two sh!ts about the morality of their own mouth pieces.

Don't let the door hit ya in da ass!

Open in new window



If O'Reilly keeps it up the Liberals will want him to be their nominee for President in 2020.

They have a pretty good track record with sex predators named Bill.

Posted on: 4/24 5:33 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2013 9:51 pm
From Madhattan
Posts: 1210
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
if this were happening to Maddow or Olberman the right would be crowing from the mountaintops! But as usual when a conservative is revealed as a dirtbag...crickets from the conservative crowd.

For a group that loves to chant "lock her up! lock her up!"...conservatives don't give two sh!ts about the morality of their own mouth pieces.

Don't let the door hit ya in da ass!

Open in new window



If O'Reilly keeps it up the Liberals will want him to be their nominee for President in 2020.

They have a pretty good track record with sex predators named Bill.


Really? So you forgive & forget the resident pu$$y grabber's background, do you?

Posted on: 4/24 8:08 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2279
I say good riddance. Definitely a half hearted buh-bye.

Posted on: 4/25 3:08 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2279
I did like his book Killing Reagan though.

Posted on: 4/25 3:09 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 8:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 2075
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
if this were happening to Maddow or Olberman the right would be crowing from the mountaintops! But as usual when a conservative is revealed as a dirtbag...crickets from the conservative crowd.

For a group that loves to chant "lock her up! lock her up!"...conservatives don't give two sh!ts about the morality of their own mouth pieces.

Don't let the door hit ya in da ass!

Open in new window



If O'Reilly keeps it up the Liberals will want him to be their nominee for President in 2020.

They have a pretty good track record with sex predators named Bill.


Really? So you forgive & forget the resident pu$$y grabber's background, do you?


Why do I need to forgive him? I didn't vote for him and I don't support him.

Besides, everyone but you knows he's really a liberal that took the easiest path to the White House.

Posted on: 4/25 6:26 am
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/22/2007 7:48 pm
From Frederick, MD
Posts: 2518
Three Bills. The two whities go on with seemingly little financial hardship resulting from their public disgrace. Black Bill Cosby has his career ruined and never worked again.

If I was a liberal I'd call this racism.

Posted on: 4/25 6:55 am
_________________
JFK: We will put a man on the moon.

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.


Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Party Machine
Joined:
9/2/2007 12:20 am
From Chucktown
Posts: 668
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
Three Bills. The two whities go on with seemingly little financial hardship resulting from their public disgrace. Black Bill Cosby has his career ruined and never worked again.

If I was a liberal I'd call this racism.


I'd probably just call it cherry picking. Plenty of white people have been torpedoed for sexual misconduct. Plenty of black people have skated by.

Plus, these cases are pretty different. O'Reilly and Clinton are mostly accused of being total creepy slimeballs, whereas Cosby is accused of drugging and raping a large number of women.

The accusations against O'Reilly and Clinton are more in the Clarence Thomas area than the kind of stuff Cosby is accused of.








Posted on: 4/25 10:53 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:

If O'Reilly keeps it up the Liberals will want him to be their nominee for President in 2020.

They have a pretty good track record with sex predators named Bill.


Way to keep your eye on the ball. If there is a group that this conservative dirtbag's actions reflects poorly on, it's liberals...

Open in new window

Posted on: 4/25 5:59 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
Three Bills. The two whities go on with seemingly little financial hardship resulting from their public disgrace. Black Bill Cosby has his career ruined and never worked again.

If I was a liberal I'd call this racism.


If I were a conservative I would not consider any of the details and call it justice.

Posted on: 4/25 6:01 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:

Why do I need to forgive him? I didn't vote for him and I don't support him.

Besides, everyone but you knows he's really a liberal that took the easiest path to the White House.


So you agree that conservatives are mindless sheep that don't think?

Open in new window


But...but..but...her emails!!!

Posted on: 4/25 6:08 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2274
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:

Why do I need to forgive him? I didn't vote for him and I don't support him.

Besides, everyone but you knows he's really a liberal that took the easiest path to the White House.


So you agree that conservatives are mindless sheep that don't think?

Open in new window


But...but..but...her emails!!!

http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/

Posted on: 4/26 6:46 am
_________________
montani semper liberi & est ratio liberalismi aegritudinis animi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12716
Quote:

83Grad wrote:

Kind of sucks that it has to be that way. Now that I'm self employed as a part of my job I often take my male customers out to lunch or dinner. I don't even bother to ask the females. Not going there. No way no how.



While I applaud your conscientious look at this issue, I would like to point out that your response is to discriminate against women on the basis of their sex. It is overkill. How about just be decent during the meal?

Posted on: 4/26 11:56 am
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2274
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

83Grad wrote:

Kind of sucks that it has to be that way. Now that I'm self employed as a part of my job I often take my male customers out to lunch or dinner. I don't even bother to ask the females. Not going there. No way no how.



While I applaud your conscientious look at this issue, I would like to point out that your response is to discriminate against women on the basis of their sex. It is overkill. How about just be decent during the meal?

Being decent could mean complementing a person - that there can get you in trouble, No?

FWIW 83 - I agree with you, better safe than sorry. But 88 has a point too.

This whole thing of sexual harassment is just plain stupid. I guess I am old school and if something is nice you say it with no sexual innuendo or intent. As I see it to many people are to damn sensitive.

Posted on: 4/26 12:19 pm
_________________
montani semper liberi & est ratio liberalismi aegritudinis animi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Buh-bye Bill O'Reilly
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 8:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 2075
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:

If O'Reilly keeps it up the Liberals will want him to be their nominee for President in 2020.

They have a pretty good track record with sex predators named Bill.


Way to keep your eye on the ball. If there is a group that this conservative dirtbag's actions reflects poorly on, it's liberals...

Open in new window



Sorry but, his actions are no different than Slick Willy Clinton's.

Posted on: 4/26 3:31 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



(1) 2 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved