Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
"In Morgantown no one can hear you scream."

Posted on: 4/29 2:26 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: WTF?
Pitt Hater
From Charleston, WV
I'm guessing one of the characters is from WV. Here's hoping they aren't a stereotype.

Posted on: 4/29 4:44 pm
Forget what you learned in elementary school. The only ”participation trophy” you’re awarded from life is death. That’s the one thing we all get just for showing up. In the meantime, if you want something better, you have to earn it. - Matt Walsh

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
My brother in Florida saw the Alien commercial and heard the song. He asked if it was Paisly or Denver singing Country Roads, my brother is tone-deaf.
I said it obviously is John Denver and every time that commercial comes on I get more and more pissed off. That's OUR song and these Hollyweird turdpackers hijacked it. I don't know if it has any connection to their POS movie. Either way, it doesn't belong. If it DOES have some reason other than setting the tone for mysterious creepiness (Hollywood's persistent go to regarding West Virginia) you can bet it's going to be offensive.

Posted on: 5/1 6:45 am

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Firstly, the song is known the world over and sung in karaoke bars in every city on our planet, so it isn't just our song. And B, it is just an effort to show you something alien and frightening and completely the opposite of Earth juxtaposed against a comforting Earth song that couldn't be more different than the visual setting, plus the message is "take me home". I thought it was cool, though I am way over the Alien franchise.

Posted on: 5/1 9:31 am

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
I agree wvmtneer. I mean there is a thread here about Country Roads being single u from all corners of the globe. I don't mind it. It's eerie when complimented with an Alien movie lol. I can't remember what I was watching but the song "Shenandoah" by Tennessee Ernie Ford was played while the movie was kind of post apocalyptic wasteland. It was a cool touch imo.

Posted on: 5/4 12:58 pm

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved