We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 »

Re: Trump pressured Comey to end Flynn investigation

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Quote:

delispam wrote:
This DJTJ / Russian lawyer thing is weird. The only thing it really proves is that high level Trump advisers were willing to consider getting and using damaging info against HRC and then lie about it.

I find it odd that DJTJ lied about the reason for the meeting just to disclose it when NYT was going to
publish the email chain. We all know the Trumps will lie and deny obvious truths for whatever for any reason so that's not any real new information.

This is sure shady and a mistake on DJTJ's behalf but I think only a damaging "gotcha" moment if there's more undeniable evidence that ties Trump and his gang to what they've been accused of. To me this all is all still missing a smoking gun.

The suggested connection between the lawyer and the DNC make me think that she / her interests were playing both sides.

Deli dismissing Trump-Russia ties and throwing shade at HRC/DNC??

Open in new window

Posted on: 7/12 10:23 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
Quote:

delispam wrote:
This DJTJ / Russian lawyer thing is weird. The only thing it really proves is that high level Trump advisers were willing to consider getting and using damaging info against HRC and then lie about it.

I find it odd that DJTJ lied about the reason for the meeting just to disclose it when NYT was going to
publish the email chain. We all know the Trumps will lie and deny obvious truths for whatever for any reason so that's not any real new information.

This is sure shady and a mistake on DJTJ's behalf but I think only a damaging "gotcha" moment if there's more undeniable evidence that ties Trump and his gang to what they've been accused of. To me this all is all still missing a smoking gun.

The suggested connection between the lawyer and the DNC make me think that she / her interests were playing both sides.

Deli dismissing Trump-Russia ties and throwing shade at HRC/DNC??

Open in new window

I'm still not dismissing the possibility of a Trump-Russia connection. I am saying this incident isn't the proof.

To clarify I think the Russian lawyer was playing both sides. It seems like she's basically a lobbyist.

Posted on: 7/12 10:58 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
There was definitely something fishy going on with this lawyer and her affiliations.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wor ... ele-dossier-a7840061.html

Posted on: 7/14 4:22 am

Makin' it Rain
From durham, nc
Quote:

EERY wrote:
There was definitely something fishy going on with this lawyer and her affiliations.

Doesn't change the fact that the president and his cronies aggressively attacked the free press and knowingly lied about the meeting and the meeting agenda for over a year.

Doesn't change the fact that our president held pep rallies to keep his base misinformed and mad when he knew that he was lying.

Doesn't change the fact that they held press conferences crying witch hunt and worst treatment of a president ever when the topic was 100% very true news.

Now they (and your post above) are trying to reframe the debate to things like:

- this Russian lawyer, who is she
- Obama let her in the country so it's his fault
- doesn't matter because they didn't get any information

None of this changes their year long misinformation campaign. They've whined, fired investigators, kept their base pissed off and went as far as claiming total innocence and said they were actually victims in this.

Go ahead and compare that to campaign slogans from liberals if you want...but there is a difference between hyping policy and stump speeches vs. what has happened over the past year.

Posted on: 7/14 6:32 am

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Not as fishy as the contacts of the Russian counterintelligence spy who was also at the meeting. You know, the guy that Junior forgot to mention when he was being so "transparent."

Posted on: 7/14 10:17 am

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
The whole thing is fishy.

Posted on: 7/14 10:45 am

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Quote:

83Grad wrote:

Which is why it should be fully investigated. All of it.

Posted on: 7/14 11:07 am

Makin' it Rain
From durham, nc
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

83Grad wrote:

Which is why it should be fully investigated. All of it.

Fake news...

Witch hunt...

Worst treatment of a president ever...

Open in new window

Posted on: 7/14 11:12 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Doesn't change the fact that the president and his cronies aggressively attacked the free press and knowingly lied about the meeting and the meeting agenda for over a year.

Doesn't change the fact that our president held pep rallies to keep his base misinformed and mad when he knew that he was lying.

Doesn't change the fact that they held press conferences crying witch hunt and worst treatment of a president ever when the topic was 100% very true news.

Now they (and your post above) are trying to reframe the debate to things like:

- this Russian lawyer, who is she
- Obama let her in the country so it's his fault
- doesn't matter because they didn't get any information

None of this changes their year long misinformation campaign. They've whined, fired investigators, kept their base pissed off and went as far as claiming total innocence and said they were actually victims in this.

Go ahead and compare that to campaign slogans from liberals if you want...but there is a difference between hyping policy and stump speeches vs. what has happened over the past year.

Well the more this unravels the more it looks like Donald Jr still has tried to hide information about the meeting. I agree that the more this plays out the worse it is starting to look. It still seems odd to me that this lawyer has extensive ties to anti Trump people which was what I was pointing out in my post. However Donald Jr had his chance to come clean, and still wasn't being completely honest. Not good.

Perhaps you would be more accepting of his actions if he had bleached his emails and demolished his smart phones. Just pointing out the selective outrage.

Though I gotta call BS on your now this validates everything the mainstream media has been pulling over the past 15 months assertions. There is plenty of evidence of bogus reporting. I'm reasonable enough to admit that this meeting is suspicious on the Trumps' behalf, but this doesn't void everything the mainstream media has done wrong in recent history.

At this point I'm going to sit and wait this thing out. It might be the key to the Pandora's box of Russian collusion. It might be a merely a mark on Trump's credibility. At this point it doesn't look good.

I don't trust the fact that this lawyer had ties to the Dem side before this meeting took place. However that's just a personal gut feeling.

Posted on: 7/15 12:45 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Not as fishy as the contacts of the Russian counterintelligence spy who was also at the meeting. You know, the guy that Junior forgot to mention when he was being so "transparent."

He is a known lobbyist. It is fishy and I agree this needs looked into deeper.

His account of the meeting.
Quote:
Veselnitskaya brought with her a plastic folder with printed-out documents that detailed what she believed was the flow of illicit funds to the Democrats, Akhmetshin said. Veselnitskaya presented the contents of the documents to the Trump associates and suggested that making the information public could help the campaign, he said.

“This could be a good issue to expose how the DNC is accepting bad money,” Akhmetshin recalled her saying. Trump Jr. asked the attorney if she had sufficient evidence to back up her claims, including whether she could demonstrate the flow of the money. But Veselnitskaya said the Trump campaign would need to research it more. After that, Trump Jr. lost interest, according to Akhmetshin.

https://apnews.com/dceed1008d8f45afb31 ... -says-he-was-in-Trump-son's-meeting

Posted on: 7/15 12:59 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
I don't think the lawyer is anti-trump / pro-dnc. I think she's more pro-whatever intrest in Russia is paying her. She would buddy up to whoever could help her get her way.

Posted on: 7/15 7:11 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
That sounds reasonable. We shall see what happens.

Posted on: 7/15 7:19 am

Makin' it Rain
From durham, nc
Quote:

EERY wrote:
That sounds reasonable. We shall see what happens.

EERY, you are certainly one of the more reasonable conservatives on the site and I enjoy the debate...but cmon man, this is NOT about the lawyer. It's about the intentional actions taken by the highest levels of the Trump administration.

Open in new window

Sorry, it's all real. The Trump team actively sought to engage in collusion with a rival foreign government. Then they played their supporters like puppets to push their lies and attack liberals and the press.

If I had ever defended this president on anything Russia-related then I'd be pissed. I'd never give the liar the benefit of the doubt on anything again. Yet for many here he's still the good guy.

Making America Great again my ass. Even FoxNews agrees. . ...well except Hannity & Tucker. I'm sure that they are the good guys too in this saga.

Posted on: 7/16 7:28 am

Makin' it Rain
From durham, nc
Open in new window

Posted on: 7/16 7:31 am

Makin' it Rain
From durham, nc
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Well the more this unravels the more it looks like Donald Jr still has tried to hide information about the meeting. I agree that the more this plays out the worse it is starting to look. It still seems odd to me that this lawyer has extensive ties to anti Trump people which was what I was pointing out in my post. However Donald Jr had his chance to come clean, and still wasn't being completely honest. Not good.

Not just Donald Jr.

Jared Kushner was there. Paul Manafort was there. You can choose to believe that the top 3 people in the campaign didn't discuss this with the president. You can choose to believe the president when he says it as well. I, and now most people, don't believe this for one second. Zero credibility when they chose to attack and push lies for over a year.

Quote:

EERY wrote:

Perhaps you would be more accepting of his actions if he had bleached his emails and demolished his smart phones. Just pointing out the selective outrage.

So this is ok because of what Hillary did? Ummm...no.

Also...as I said in the Hillary email threads: Colin Powell has admitted that he used AOL when he wanted to contact foreign officials outside of the normal channels.

Why not lump them together? Both handled official government communication outside of the rules.

Selective outrage? Why wasn't the chant: "lock THEM up!"?

Quote:

EERY wrote:

Though I gotta call BS on your now this validates everything the mainstream media has been pulling over the past 15 months assertions. There is plenty of evidence of bogus reporting. I'm reasonable enough to admit that this meeting is suspicious on the Trumps' behalf, but this doesn't void everything the mainstream media has done wrong in recent history.

Gimme the list. I'm sure there are examples of getting it wrong. I'm happy to admit that you will be right on some/most of them. However, I'm quite sure that CNN is every bit as accurate and trustworthy as your sources, regardless of the liar-in-chief's campaign punchline.

Please tell me a source of news that can be trusted and I'll dig up a story that they bungled. Is the mom's basement political analyst that you like to post the only real source of trustworthy news?

Quote:

EERY wrote:

At this point I'm going to sit and wait this thing out. It might be the key to the Pandora's box of Russian collusion. It might be a merely a mark on Trump's credibility. At this point it doesn't look good.

What more is there to wait out?!?! Caught...red...handed. It is proof that collusion was the goal and they actively pursued it.

I'm not screaming "lock them up" like a lunatic. I just think that an apology to the American people (especially his base) is in order. Then how about growing up, staying off twitter and trying to be a good leader that the country doesn't have to be ashamed of?

Of course there is no apology or acceptance of responsibility coming...let's not get crazy. But is the rest really too much to ask for? Of course it is.

Quote:

EERY wrote:

I don't trust the fact that this lawyer had ties to the Dem side before this meeting took place. However that's just a personal gut feeling.

I don't care who she has ties to. Not the issue at all. No matter how hard conservatives want the focus to be on her...the issue is with the current administration and their willingness to deceive the country.

Speaking of selective outrage: I thought lack of honesty was why Hillary was so detestable. If so, why is it ok for your guy to be such a liar?

Posted on: 7/16 9:13 am

Makin' it Rain
From durham, nc
Just can't help himself.

Open in new window

Caputo has a long history of working for the Russians...Putin specifically.

Quote:
From Wikipedia: Caputo moved to Russia in 1994 after the fall of the Soviet Union, and was an adviser to Boris Yeltsin and helped elect Yeltsin to a second term as President of Russia. He worked for Gazprom Media in 2000 where he helped improve the image of Vladimir Putin in the U.S. He moved back to the U.S. and founded a public relations company, and then moved to Ukraine to work on a candidate's campaign for parliament.

Posted on: 7/16 5:38 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Deadwood, Lakota Territory
The whole Russian lawyer offering up dirt on Hillary and wanting to talk to Don Jr. was a setup from the very beginning.

I said it before ... and I will say it again ...

The Russians were/are conspiring WITH the Obama/Soros/Clinton/DNC Cartel and NOT with the Trump administration.

The Obama Cartel asked the Russians to start contacting members of the Trump administration and persons predicted to become members of the Trump administration. The Russians were happy to do this. These contacts planted the “poison pills” that the Obama Cartel could use to justify NSA and FISA court data gathering. The Obama Cartel then distributed this classified data to all of its operatives inside the various intelligence agencies, the deep state, and the media.

Before the election, during the campaign, the Obama Cartel was leaking classified info and making broad false accusations based on those leaks in an effort to tie Trump to the Russians (the boogie man) to bring down Trump. The Russians were complicit in this. They willingly participated and made the attempts to contact the Trump campaign. The Russians wanted Hillary to win. That would have continued the cooperation and the soft on Russia policies of Obama (the Obama sanctions on Russia were more for show, Hillary would have let them quietly go away).

Then, after Trump won, the Russians began specifically targeting the well-known potential future members of Trump’s cabinet and team. Flynn, Sessions, Tillerson, Don Jr. and others were specifically targeted for “tainting” with the “poison pills.” All the while the NSA continued to gather data, justified by the “poison pills”, so they could give it to the Obama Cartel so they could distribute it to his operatives inside the intelligence community, the deep state, and the media. And THAT is where all of the leaks are coming from. They don’t even care that there is NOTHING substantial behind the leaks. They just use the leaks and the innuendo to continue the baseless attacks and the false narrative.

And THAT is the TRUTH behind the Russian conspiracy. The Russians (socialist communists) are working WITH the Soros/Obama/Clinton/DNC (progressive socialist fascists) Cartel to bring down free market capitalist democracies around the world. And the USA is the PRIZE of all prizes. Trump is now the face of free market capitalism. And he is royally screwing up their plans.

Posted on: 7/16 5:58 pm

Help us Eric Cartman, YOU are our only hope.

Quote:

sg44gold wrote:
The whole Russian lawyer offering up dirt on Hillary and wanting to talk to Don Jr. was a setup from the very beginning.

The Russians were/are conspiring WITH the Obama/Soros/Clinton/DNC Cartel and NOT with the Trump administration.

The Obama Cartel asked the Russians to start contacting members of the Trump administration and persons predicted to become members of the Trump administration. The Russians were happy to do this. These contacts planted the “poison pills” that the Obama Cartel could use to justify NSA and FISA court data gathering. The Obama Cartel then distributed this classified data to all of its operatives inside the various intelligence agencies, the deep state, and the media.

Before the election, during the campaign, the Obama Cartel was leaking classified info and making broad false accusations based on those leaks in an effort to tie Trump to the Russians (the boogie man) to bring down Trump. The Russians were complicit in this. They willingly participated and made the attempts to contact the Trump campaign. The Russians wanted Hillary to win. That would have continued the cooperation and the soft on Russia policies of Obama (the Obama sanctions on Russia were more for show, Hillary would have let them quietly go away).

Then, after Trump won, the Russians began specifically targeting the well-known potential future members of Trump’s cabinet and team. Flynn, Sessions, Tillerson, Don Jr. and others were specifically targeted for “tainting” with the “poison pills.” All the while the NSA continued to gather data, justified by the “poison pills”, so they could give it to the Obama Cartel so they could distribute it to his operatives inside the intelligence community, the deep state, and the media. And THAT is where all of the leaks are coming from. They don’t even care that there is NOTHING substantial behind the leaks. They just use the leaks and the innuendo to continue the baseless attacks and the false narrative.

And THAT is the TRUTH behind the Russian conspiracy. The Russians (socialist communists) are working WITH the Soros/Obama/Clinton/DNC (progressive socialist fascists) Cartel to bring down free market capitalist democracies around the world. And the USA is the PRIZE of all prizes. Trump is now the face of free market capitalism. And he is royally screwing up their plans.

Cool story bro.

Posted on: 7/17 10:29 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:

Cool story bro.

If you don't think this is possible you are naive.

Posted on: 7/17 11:29 am

Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:

Cool story bro.

If you don't think this is possible you are naive.

Is there any actual evidence to support any single sentence in that fantastic narrative? The timeline issues with this narrative are apparent--these events didn't even happen in this order. It relies almost exclusively on filling in the blanks with your imagination to support it. If requiring evidence makes me naive, then I am really naive. I would be interested to see you go through this story line-by-line and cite to some evidence for each statement proposed.

Posted on: 7/17 11:48 am

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved