We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

Trump Set to Fire Three Staffers
Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV

Posted on: 5/24 4:38 pm

Re: Trump Set to Fire Three Staffers
Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Sorry about all the same threads getting started. The web site was acting like it wasn't accepting my submission.

Posted on: 5/24 6:19 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
So Trump is blaming other "leakers" for the same information he shared with the Russians? The same information he said he has the power to declassify?

Trump Shares Information Regarding Laptop Plot

According to the Post, Trump described details to Lavrov and Kislyak about how ISIS hopes to use laptop computers as bombs on planes.

From your article:

Multiple sources told OAN Trump is “extremely concerned” about a leak last week pertaining to information about Syrian radicals potentially using laptop bombs on commercial airliners – a method that could be used to target the United States.

Posted on: 5/25 10:47 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Well someone leaked to the press that the information came from Israeli intelligence did they not? There has been a lot of leaking to the press lately. Perhaps this last leak is the last straw. Not my call. Just posting the article.

Posted on: 5/25 11:00 am

Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
He can fire everybody on his staff and hire a team of monkeys but it won't change anything. When you do crazy things and you're the leader of the free world, word is going to get out

Posted on: 5/25 11:32 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Quote:

EERY wrote:
Well someone leaked to the press that the information came from Israeli intelligence did they not? There has been a lot of leaking to the press lately. Perhaps this last leak is the last straw. Not my call. Just posting the article.

He did! He let the information out when he told the press while meeting with Netanyahu "But I didn't tell them it was from Israel." That is how the press found out that their speculations were true. It was not hard to figure out anyways, but it was just well educated guessing until he confirmed it.

EDIT: Here is Andrea Mitchell's tweet the moment Trump let the cat out of the bag

Posted on: 5/25 3:43 pm

By the way, some law enforcement "leaks" aren't really leaks. They will strategically share information regarding an investigation with the press for a variety of reasons. They may be setting up suspects to commit acts in furtherance of a conspiracy, or trying to pressure someone to talk, or other reasons. By definition, it isn't a "leak" if it is an authorized communication, but it may still be called a leak to cover its true purpose. Of course, Trump will call it a leak and call it illegal because it relates to the investigation of his campaign. This doesn't relate to National Security intelligence leaks, but the right wing appears to be lumping them all together as if they are the same thing. They aren't.

Posted on: 5/25 4:04 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
The article was about staffers being fired because of leaking. We shall see what happens. Might be total BS.

Posted on: 5/27 4:59 pm

Quote:

EERY wrote:
The article was about staffers being fired because of leaking. We shall see what happens. Might be total BS.

It appears that what happened was this:

He went from "We know who the leakers are and they will be fired" to "I think the leaks are really made up by the press."

Posted on: 5/28 4:40 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
He said "many leaks". I wouldn't be so hasty on your assumptions that he has changed his mind.

Speaking of the liberal media jumping at any chance to write something negative about our President, here is some made up "truth" that was recently reported.

Looks Like The Media Spread Another False Story About Trump
http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/27/loo ... -false-story-about-trump/

Posted on: 5/28 5:55 pm

Makin' it Rain
From durham, nc
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Speaking of the liberal media jumping at any chance to write something negative about our President, here is some made up "truth" that was recently reported.

Just following the Foxnews / talk radio playbook of daily attacks. It fires up the rubes so of course it's going to happen.. For crying out loud, Foxnews gave Hillary a hard time for having the nerve to cough while giving a commencement address speech at her alma mater.

The only weird thing I see here is the hurt conservative feelings over the tactic.

Open in new window

Posted on: 5/28 10:53 pm

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Just following the Foxnews / talk radio playbook of daily attacks. It fires up the rubes so of course it's going to happen.. For crying out loud, Foxnews gave Hillary a hard time for having the nerve to cough while giving a commencement address speech at her alma mater.

The only weird thing I see here is the hurt conservative feelings over the tactic.

Open in new window

Were they flat out lying, or did Hillary actually cough, and Obama actually buy the burger? Trump did actually wear an earpiece when it was said he didn't. Everyone is being petty these days. I would say that includes the participants of this thread. However it takes a special kind of dirt bag to fabricate a flat out lie, and then be petty about it.

Posted on: 5/28 11:26 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
I've watched several episodes of CSI Miami. The liberal experts on here make me yawn.

Posted on: 5/28 11:40 pm

Makin' it Rain
From durham, nc
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Were they flat out lying, or did Hillary actually cough, and Obama actually buy the burger? Trump did actually wear an earpiece when it was said he didn't. Everyone is being petty these days. I would say that includes the participants of this thread. However it takes a special kind of dirt bag to fabricate a flat out lie, and then be petty about it.

I know that this next statement will bring out the trolls...

I believe that the media sources that ran with that story were ignorant and not lying.

Here is my reasoning for both this theory and my previous response...

Liberals and the liberal media that cater to them hate our President. No doubt about it. So...if your company wants to make money in the media biz you have to keep your base fired up and mad. To do this you jump on any and every thing possible to poke at President Trump on a daily basis. It works because:

Open in new window

Whoever initiated the original story saw a pic of Trump's bare ear and the others with both ears covered for the translations. This triggered the hate and the desire to be first to air the story. Doing no other research whatsoever they crapped out nonsense...

Open in new window

Lazy "reporting" intended to fire up the rubes. Then other liberal media cited the "reporting" to fire up their rubes. They didn't make it up in my opinion. Just trying to keep up the daily reminder that folks need to hate Trump.

...just like Foxnews and the fancy burger & Clinton coughing "reporting". Just reminding their rubes that we still need to hate Clinton and any other non-Republican.

However...the only non-European citing of the story was the Huffington Post. I didn't see CNN, MSNBC, etc. running with it.

Posted on: 5/29 5:21 pm

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Very true. I must agree on all accounts. Kudos on using the Wharrgarble Dog.

Posted on: 5/29 7:23 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Quote:

Proud2BanEer wrote:
I've watched several episodes of CSI Miami. The liberal experts on here make me yawn.

And the award for most pointless, meaningless post goes to.......Proud2BanEer

Posted on: 6/25 11:26 pm

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved