We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: 2017 Season Prediction Thread
Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
The key will be how ready Matt Jones is, yes offensive line lost some starters but you have decent experience returning and to me Wickline is a good coach. The defense to me just needs to be solid for WVU, obviously I'm worried about the CB's especially in Big 12 play with high caliber WR's like Washington, that being said with a good O-line and the stable of backs , we can certainly control the game clock and not have the defensive exposed as much. Yeah anything can happen in a rivalry game and maybe I'm wrong just not sold on Virginia Tech at all, especially with a QB that even VTU fans think is subpar. There offense is not going to be good, is Fuentes really that great a coach?, his past record is decent but no better than Butch Jones, If it wasn't a rivalry game, I'd say WVU by 7.
I really don't think you can do the Team A beat team B, and Team B beat Team C by this much, therefore Team A is this much better than Team C. It's like saying Pitt beat Clemson, but got beat badly by Miami, therefore Miami is a much better team than Clemson. Its just not true.

Posted on: 7/15 9:35 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

brobison wrote:
So.....We are talking about going into Ok State game 7-0.

So last bowl game we played an apparently good Miami team. I guess the fact that their record was crappy threw me off. They were 8-4 when we played them. I thought that the quality of the team was determined by results on the field. But.....ok....what did Virginia Tech do to this power house Miami team in the middle of last season. You know the time? The time after they have played their FIRST game but before the little nicks and bruises of a long season add up.

Yes. Virginia Tech THROTTLED them 37-16 in Blacksburg. We have A LOT of work to do. We have to replace a lot of people from a team that couldn't compete with Miami, a team that couldn't compete with Virginia Tech, and we have to do it the first game.

When I originally read the write up that had us struggling to get to November .500. I immediately dismissed it and then I looked closer. They could very easily lose to Virginia Tech. If they do, I think the writer is probably right we COULD flirt with .500. I have seen no evidence from the team that they are ready and while we have a new QB we also have to replace a lot of the Oline. The Oline is where success is made. We had Major Harris in 1989 and no Oline and our Heisman finalist was effectively null and void.

I hope that we squeak by Va Tech and we greet Oklahoma State at 7-0 but I woulds tell you that all it is going to do is give a lot of hot air and smoke being blown around a decent but not great team. I hope they prove me wrong.....but at the end of the day THEY have to PROVE me wrong.....on the field. I don't give two craps about how good people looked in the spring game or in fall camp....you have to do it on the field.

3 of 4 Miami's losses were by one possession. They are returning their entire front 7 on defense, and 8 total on defense, most of which were freshmen last year. And returning 7 starters on offense.

If we played Miami early in the season, we would have won easily. After their last lost, hey virtually ran through heir last 5 games without competition.

We actually have a quarterback now. We will destroy the chokies.

Posted on: 7/15 10:58 am

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
We actually have a quarterback now. We will destroy the chokies.

Posted on: 7/15 11:12 am

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved