We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 ... 40 »

Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
VTU will have a very good defense, the secondary will be especially very strong. They have freshman 5 star Devon Hunter, SS who is expected to play right away. Three potential NFL players in Stroman, Alexander, and Facyson all CB's. FS Edmonds another potential draft pick. LB's Edmonds and Motuopka also potential NFL players. The defensive line is very young but all were 4 star recruits, Settle, Walker, Hill, Mihota. Obviously will be well coached with Bud Foster.

On offense, OT Teller has potential as NFLer and Phillips as WR is good but is a long shot to be drafted.

Based on secondary, I'm glad we will have both a very good run and pass game. Offense of VTU looks to be very inexperienced, with losing QB and best WR. RB McMillian does not look to impressive. I think key will be how good freshman QB Josh Jackson is. He is a 3 star recruit on rivals, scout and 247 composite. ESPN has him as a 4 star. Major schools to recruit him were WVU, Minn, and Northwestern. I think what could say alot is that he did visit Michigan University but was never offerred in 2016. He did not impress during spring game, but looks to be starter by default.

QB advantage WVU
RB advantage WVU
OL Even
WR advantage WVU

CB advantage VTU
S even
LB even
DL advantage VTU

Special teams advantage VTU
Coaching Even

Vegas has Virginia Tech as 3 point favorites.

Posted on: 6/25 10:30 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
I hope our defense can come out and be a big factor in this game. In Gibson we trust. We need to get pressure on this young quarterback early and often.

On offense I really hope our o-line doesn't fall flat like they did against Miami. One thing that will help is Grier's ability to hit the short and intermediate passes. Quick affective passes can defuse some of the pass rush, and keep them from constantly being able to load the box on our run game.

I didn't see enough out of Grier in the spring game to convince me that he is the next Geno level quarterback for WVU. Though I did like what I saw in his ability to quickly identify the open receiver and get the ball to him with good touch on his pass. This should help us improve in the area of sustaining drives, and in the red zone.

This is why we had to rely so heavily on Howard to run in short yardage situations. He wasn't efficient in short yardage passing situations. Granted at times he made the throws, but the receivers dropped them. This season we should have that element on offense, and paired with a solid running attack we should be able to control the clock more effectively.

Posted on: 6/25 11:58 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Quote:

EERY wrote:
I hope our defense can come out and be a big factor in this game. In Gibson we trust. We need to get pressure on this young quarterback early and often.

On offense I really hope our o-line doesn't fall flat like they did against Miami. One thing that will help is Grier's ability to hit the short and intermediate passes. Quick affective passes can defuse some of the pass rush, and keep them from constantly being able to load the box on our run game.

I didn't see enough out of Grier in the spring game to convince me that he is the next Geno level quarterback for WVU. Though I did like what I saw in his ability to quickly identify the open receiver and get the ball to him with good touch on his pass. This should help us improve in the area of sustaining drives, and in the red zone.

This is why we had to rely so heavily on Howard to run in short yardage situations. He wasn't efficient in short yardage passing situations. Granted at times he made the throws, but the receivers dropped them. This season we should have that element on offense, and paired with a solid running attack we should be able to control the clock more effectively.

I think the big difference in 2012 and now is that Geno had two stud receivers Austin and Bailey, but running game was actually very weak and thin. Once Alston went down everything fell apart. Grier will have a great running game to take off alot pressure, and some reliable WR's, maybe no studs but certainly very good.

Posted on: 6/25 2:55 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Austin and Bailey were studs for us. We might not have a single receiver on that level at this point in time, but we do have a solid group of receivers across the board. I was loving the Grier, Sills connection in the spring game. Sills was looking pretty clutch that day.

Posted on: 6/25 5:24 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Is Bailey still in Morgantown helping out the team?

Posted on: 6/25 5:32 pm

Pitt Hater
From NEW JERSEY
Tix on Stub Hub are outrageously priced. Hopefully they'll come down in price as we get closer to the game.

Posted on: 7/13 11:56 am

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Quote:

wvuphanatic wrote:
Tix on Stub Hub are outrageously priced. Hopefully they'll come down in price as we get closer to the game.

Get them from Ticketmaster for face value.

Posted on: 7/13 3:00 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Originally, Lester WV, now, Richmond, "East" Virginia
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
Quote:

wvuphanatic wrote:

Get them from Ticketmaster for face value.

There are a fair number of tickets available through Ticketmaster on the WVU side in the 200 level. Those seats are just fine. That being said, be prepared--even those tickets are $140.00 per seat. You can get field-view club-level seats for $299.00 per seat. FedEx Field prices are pretty ridiculous.

Posted on: 7/14 7:56 am

Suspected Punter
From Fairfax, Virginia
I paid $500 for my two front row tickets on the 35-yard line back in January.

Posted on: 7/15 3:28 pm

Pitt Hater
From NEW JERSEY
I got tickets in 200 section (40 yd line) for $130 each. Not bad considering the seats are together. Highly recommend getting the parking pass too as parking around Fed Ex field is a nightmare.

LETS GOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

Posted on: 7/19 10:37 am

Gettin' Schmitty
I'm at Va Tech at my daughter's orientation. A bunch of students came in and tried to lead the crowd in a cheer of "Let's Go . . . Hokies", but I yelled "Mountaineers". People looked at me but didn't say anything. Bunch of wusses.

Posted on: 7/25 12:45 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

LesterBoy wrote:
I'm at Va Tech at my daughter's orientation. A bunch of students came in and tried to lead the crowd in a cheer of "Let's Go . . . Hokies", but I yelled "Mountaineers". People looked at me but didn't say anything. Bunch of wusses.

Posted on: 7/25 1:17 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

FL77Mounty wrote:
Quote:

LesterBoy wrote:

What is up with that? Are they stealing our cheer or something? I have seen some Chokie fans on FB using "Let's Goooooo..." and couldn't figure out if it was just people who had WVU FB friends and didn't know it was a WVU thang or if they were really bogarting the cheer.

Posted on: 7/25 2:07 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

FL77Mounty wrote:
Quote:

LesterBoy wrote:

What is up with that? Are they stealing our cheer or something? I have seen some Chokie fans on FB using "Let's Goooooo..." and couldn't figure out if it was just people who had WVU FB friends and didn't know it was a WVU thang or if they were really bogarting the cheer.

Totally stole it. I'm happy that my daughter made her own choice (and I don't mind the in-state tuition), but being around these people is tough. I just want to see WVU crush Vag-Tech on 9-3.

Posted on: 7/25 2:24 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

LesterBoy wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

FL77Mounty wrote:
Quote:

LesterBoy wrote:

Totally stole it. I'm happy that my daughter made her own choice (and I don't mind the in-state tuition), but being around these people is tough. I just want to see WVU crush Vag-Tech on 9-3.

That is so messed up. They stole a cheer from a former rival school? How lame is that? Can you imagine if some fans at MPS started chanting "We Are"? It would start a cup fight.

Posted on: 7/25 4:04 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Mmmmmm. Cup fight.

Posted on: 7/25 4:38 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Pitt Hater
From Charleston, WV
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

LesterBoy wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

FL77Mounty wrote:
Quote:

LesterBoy wrote:

That is so messed up. They stole a cheer from a former rival school? How lame is that? Can you imagine if some fans at MPS started chanting "We Are"? It would start a cup fight.

Giggity

Posted on: 7/25 5:17 pm
Forget what you learned in elementary school. The only ”participation trophy” you’re awarded from life is death. That’s the one thing we all get just for showing up. In the meantime, if you want something better, you have to earn it. - Matt Walsh

Gettin' Schmitty
Saw this in the Va Tech bookstore. Do ya' think the arrow means anything?

Open in new window

Also, I saw the football team working out in their new indoor facility (which also opens up onto an adjacent outdoor practice field). Tech does have nice facilities.

Posted on: 7/26 5:39 pm

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
Odd we are so prominent on the shirt... It means VT has to go through WVU in order to have a decent season... Actually what does it mean???

Posted on: 7/26 7:04 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
In small print on the inside of the shirt it says...

* The large arrow indicates games we have no chance in hell of winning.

Posted on: 7/26 7:41 pm

(1) 2 3 4 ... 40 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved