We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 »

Class of 2019 QBs - Logan Holgrosen
Suspected Punter
Do you think class of 2019 QB's are going to be hesitant to visit, knowing that the coach's son is a real scholarship possibility? Assuming Dana is still around then

Posted on: 7/24 7:32 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Class of 2019 QBs - Logan Holgrosen
Pitt Hater
From Indianapolis,IN via Somerset, PA
Yes, I think others will come. Logan is 6'1" tall and weighs 185 lbs. Other schools listed as interested are Nevada, Ohio, Purdue and Toledo. None of which are big time programs meaning he is not a top caliber recruit at this point.
If our offense continues to evolve and puts up numbers, they will come along with receivers and running backs.

Posted on: 7/24 8:41 am

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

emperorchaz wrote:
Do you think class of 2019 QB's are going to be hesitant to visit, knowing that the coach's son is a real scholarship possibility? Assuming Dana is still around then

I understand that a person has an "in" but I don't know that Holgorsen's son wants to come to WVU or that he even has the ability to contribute.

Johnny West came to WVU more for his Dad than his ability to play at the major D1 Level. He wasn't bad but I doubt seriously that he would have been recruited to WVU on his own. Did Johnny West frighten anyone away from our program? No. Neither will Logan.

DH did NOT play at the D1 level. It is likely that Logan will probably not either. Genetics play a lot into the sports programs at the highest level. I think the sending him away from Morgantown to a football academy is a way to find out how good he is and to make him as good as genetics will allow him to get. Will that be good enough? Who knows?

I could see him coming to WVU on a scholarship. It would be quite remarkable if he actually was a great QB here or even an adequate one. I am sure when the time comes DH will not squander his coaching career even for his son.

Posted on: 7/24 9:02 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
If Dana's son comes here and Dana plays him over superior, available talent (which I can't believe he would)It would be a coaching career killer. Recruits can figure this out.

Posted on: 7/24 4:56 pm

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."

Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
I mean, the list of teams who have offered him is pretty good considering he just wrapped up his sophomore season playing ball in WV. Can anybody remember the last time a QB from the state made waves at a D1 program? Don't underestimate the kid. The fact that his dad is a coach at this level means that Logan will know what he has to do to prepare himself.

Posted on: 7/24 7:15 pm

WMITC
From Here
He's playing for Morgantown High, not exactly a 5A school in Texas or Florida. I guess time will show us whether he's a quality D1 recruit.

Posted on: 7/24 7:31 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

Meager wrote:
Yes, I think others will come. Logan is 6'1" tall and weighs 185 lbs. Other schools listed as interested are Nevada, Ohio, Purdue and Toledo. None of which are big time programs meaning he is not a top caliber recruit at this point.
If our offense continues to evolve and puts up numbers, they will come along with receivers and running backs.

But three of those programs (Nevada, Purdue and Toledo) run the air raid or a similar style. To me it shows schools thinks he has a good arm and could fit in with their uptempo style. And he is listed at 6-1 (I have also seen 6-0) and 185 going into his junior season. If he grows an inch or two and adds 15 pounds over the next two years, he would be a similar build to Will Grier.

Does he end up at WVU? Maybe. RichRod gave his kid a scholarship at Arizona when no other school was even looking at him (according to recruiting sites). I hope Dana is above nepotism and gives Logan a scholarship only if he can help the team.

I actually think Logan will end up being pretty good. There is a reason he is leaving Morgantown for another school.

EDIT: I think it should be noted the staff is focused on 2019 quarterback Brian Maurer from Florida. Spav has seen him workout and wants him in Morgantown. The kid is 6-4 and 185 currently. So Logan might have competition in that class if he comes to WVU.

Posted on: 7/25 8:31 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From in your head...
This is such a dumb thread...

Posted on: 7/25 5:36 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Logan was offered by North Texas. Their OC is Graham Harrell, who has obvious ties to Dana.

Posted on: 7/25 6:47 pm

Suspected Punter
David Wells is the the kid with the instate connections we want over Holgorson. I know why they haven't but I think it's dumb as ****, they need to offer Tavis Lee, like yesterday. Smh. I hope there is a spot for this kid. Tell Jeffrey Pooler to go play at fairmont state. He has no chance. Shame such a small class. There are in state boys who'd normally get an offer

Posted on: 7/27 11:36 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
In the meantime, let's enjoy the hype and anticipation of an upcoming, exciting 2017 season of D1-WVU Football.

Posted on: 7/27 3:49 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:
Logan was offered by North Texas. Their OC is Graham Harrell, who has obvious ties to Dana.

Damn haven't heard that name in years, was curious what he was doing, he put up NUMBERS at Texas Tech

Posted on: 7/31 6:54 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

apizzle wrote:
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:

Damn haven't heard that name in years, was curious what he was doing, he put up NUMBERS at Texas Tech

That Tech offense was fun to watch in 2007 and 2008 with him at quarterback.

He has already spent time on the staffs at Oklahoma State and Washington State and is now an OC at North Texas. Depending how it goes for him, I could see him being a guy Dana would trust running the offense here in a few years if Spav moves on to a head coaching gig.

Posted on: 8/1 7:25 am

Suspected Punter
Is the head coach still Dodge? Moved to north Texas after a building a dynasty at South Lake Carrol HS? Is it Tom Dodge? I re enter his son transferred from a power 5 conference to play for him. Riley Dodge Maybe?

Posted on: 8/1 5:50 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

westonian420 wrote:
Is the head coach still Dodge? Moved to north Texas after a building a dynasty at South Lake Carrol HS? Is it Tom Dodge? I re enter his son transferred from a power 5 conference to play for him. Riley Dodge Maybe?

Seth Littrell is starting his second year. Ran the offense at UNC for 2 years before he got the job, and at Indiana before that.

Posted on: 8/1 6:07 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From in your head...
Quote:

westonian420 wrote:

You're about a decade off...

Posted on: 8/1 6:33 pm

Suspected Punter

Posted on: 8/3 10:18 am

Suspected Punter
hahaha that'd prolly be correct. Last time i heard anything about them. Last ten years have been a bit of a haze. Anyone see that catch Simmons made over Kevin Williams today? Hell of a catch. Wish he was good to go this year. Besides that is there still a wvu bar at myrtle?

Posted on: 8/3 8:55 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Fairmont
Genetics play a lot into the sports programs at the highest level.

In the same post you say Johnnie West wasn't that good?
🏀🏀🏀🏀

Posted on: 8/7 3:37 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

1642 wrote:
Genetics play a lot into the sports programs at the highest level.

In the same post you say Johnnie West wasn't that good?
🏀🏀🏀🏀

Yes. That is what I am saying. I don't see any contradiction there.

Are you saying that Jonnie was a good player? If so, why did he only average 8+ minutes his senior year?

As to genetics......you realize that just because Jerry West is your dad doesn't mean you are a clone of him. There is another set of genes in that set.....and it isn't a guarantee that Jerry West would pass on all of his good genes. That is how that works.

At the same time look at the percentage of offspring of a college athlete ends up ALSO being a college athlete. Then look at the percentage of high school nerds that produce college athletes. I think genetics bare that out.

Posted on: 8/7 5:33 pm

(1) 2 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved