We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

D'Andre Johnson
Grant Ave. Warrior
From RT. 50
I just watched Season 2 of Last Chance U. How exactly did WVU miss the boat on recruiting this kid. He's was slated to be Florida states starter till he got in trouble, but from from watching him he looked reformed from that drunken mistake, and he is a freak qb

Posted on: 7/25 8:50 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: D'Andre Johnson
Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
I just finished watching the series last night.

In today's world recruiting that kid would be the same thing as saying "we're ok with hitting girls". In today's world very few get second chances. Make one mistake and you're burned at the stake. Hey, that's kinda catchy.

Clint Trickett also went to FAU as a tight ends coach for Kiffin.

Posted on: 7/25 9:05 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From RT. 50
I see what you're saying but we'll let players come back from doing tons of other stupid ****. What he did was awful but I believe it's the only time he's ever been in trouble, I mean theirs a laundry list of felony offenses I've seen players get second chances and third chances. Yes he signed with FAU and trickett but had zero power five offers . He seems like a kid who has realized his mistake and grown.

Posted on: 7/25 9:58 pm

Party Machine
Maybe he wanted to stay in state and close to Florida and his family?? Maybe he didn't want to sit behind Grier for a few years?? I'm not terribly sure. He definitely has a boat load of talent, and I loved his leadership throughout the show. But I agree, it's still a little strange nobody in the P5 took a flier on him.

Posted on: 7/26 1:28 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
The difference with his mistake was that it was taboo and caught on camera. Any P5 offer would put them on equal ground as Baylor and State Penn. Is it right? Probably not. I would hate to be judged the rest of my life because of one mistake.

I also can't judge the kid as I don't know what I would do in a similar situation depending on how much alcohol I drank, what if anything was said and if someone took a swing at me. With that said any athlete should know better than to put themselves in that situation. They have way more to lose than I would.

With any luck he will keep his nose clean and kick ass on the field. Then he will probably get a shot at being in the nfl.

Posted on: 7/26 7:39 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From RT. 50
Yeah he's tough I very rarely say a kids fully reformed, but if he isn't he played the part well.

Posted on: 7/27 4:28 pm

Noob
From Liverpool, PA
At least that's what the TV show wants you to think. Who knows what he's really like. Could have actually grown up but who knows for sure. His lack of offers out of Juco seem like they knew more about him.

Posted on: 7/28 7:36 am

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Maybe he's one of those guys who just shouldn't drink. I have known a few guys who were great until you got them drinking. He seems like a great kid on the show. A quality human. One of my best friends used to do a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde when he drank too much. Sober, he is smart, hard working and mild mannered. Drunk he gets an angry/crazy look in his eye and he might do any damn thing. Have had to keep him out of fights at bars and have had him turn on me and act like a maniac. I used to wonder when the other shoe was gonna drop any time we did much overconsuming back in the day and started easing away from him whenever I saw the crazy look.

Pure speculation, but alcohol isnt for everyone.

Posted on: 7/28 9:58 am

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Maybe he's one of those guys who just shouldn't drink. I have known a few guys who were great until you got them drinking. He seems like a great kid on the show. A quality human. One of my best friends used to do a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde when he drank too much. Sober, he is smart, hard working and mild mannered. Drunk he gets an angry/crazy look in his eye and he might do any damn thing. Have had to keep him out of fights at bars and have had him turn on me and act like a maniac. I used to wonder when the other shoe was gonna drop any time we did much overconsuming back in the day and started easing away from him whenever I saw the crazy look.

Pure speculation, but alcohol isnt for everyone.

I have a friend like that. It is like he is a gremlin or something. If he starts drinking during the day, I know to get away from him by dusk.

Posted on: 7/28 1:50 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
The only exception to this theory is this infamous drunk. Hell, Nehlen would send scouts out to all the bars in Morgantown to find him Friday night before a game...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Kelchner

Posted on: 7/28 6:51 pm

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved