Re: ROBERT MUELLER’S ROLE IN US URANIUM TO RUSSIA

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Well there was also an email server investigation. We all know how that went, don’t we?

You are right, there wasn’t any indictments. Remind me, how many indictments in the Mueller probe have been for the actual act of collusion?

Stop changing the argument. We were discussing the validity of the investigations. One resulted in no indictments. The other resulted in at least four indictments, with more due to be unsealed. 4-0 is the tally, and it isn't over.

How am I changing the subject?

I didn't say changing the subject. I said changing the argument. The argument started with 1818 saying the following about investigating HRC's Uranium One contacts: "About time they go after something with actual evidence instead of whatever the hell Mueller is doing."

In response to his statement that there was actual evidence to investigate Uranium One, and no evidence uncovered by Mueller, I said:"So the investigation that resulted in 0 indictments is based on "actual evidence," and the investigation that has resulted in multiple indictments against Trump campaign and administration officials is not. Sound logic there." I was discussing the previous FBI investigation into HRC and Uranium One which resulted in no indictments.

Thus, we were arguing which of the two investigations were based on evidence of wrongdoing and which was not. 1818's statement was about the Mueller investigation, the scope of which is broader than collusion with Russia. You jumped into the middle of the argument and tried to limit it to collusion, which is arbitrary given the scope of the investigation is broader than that. Makes no sense.

Posted on: 2/12 6:52 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Ok. Didn’t think I was, but now I can see how you thought so from your perspective.

Posted on: 2/12 6:55 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Quote:

mountie44 wrote:
http://time.com/secret-origins-of-the-tea-party/

What the tea party movement was all about.

Wasn’t any Philip Morris or Koch brother money flowing into any Tea Party groups I ever had the privilege to be around. The only funds they had to run on were the ones that were given by the modest grass roots people who were also the ones donating their time. Those people were so dedicated that they showed up an hour early to meetings, so they could take a class on the Constitution.

Posted on: 2/12 8:26 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

mountie44 wrote:
http://time.com/secret-origins-of-the-tea-party/

What the tea party movement was all about.

Wasn’t any Philip Morris or Koch brother money flowing into any Tea Party groups I ever had the privilege to be around. The only funds they had to run on were the ones that were given by the modest grass roots people who were also the ones donating their time. Those people were so dedicated that they showed up an hour early to meetings, so they could take a class on the Constitution.

To me this article has a better explanation about what the Tea Party movement was all about. Unfortunately the writer’s conclusion seems to be spot on. I’m disappointed in so many of our elected officials. Especially the ones that said they stood for something, that they ultimately went away from in the end.
https://reason.com/archives/2018/02/11 ... is-dead-long-live-liberty

Posted on: 2/13 10:50 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
I agree there was much organic true support for the tea party. However, it was also heavily funded by Kochs and other conservative billionaires.

Link from 2010.

Posted on: 2/13 12:21 pm

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
I agree there was much organic true support for the tea party. However, it was also heavily funded by Kochs and other conservative billionaires.

Link from 2010.

Thus now we have Politicians like Paul Ryan who ran on a Tea Party platform, but turned out to be another establishment politician. Ron Paul didn’t get any Koch Brothers support. Wherever there is a growing grassroots movement, there are going to be people like the Koch brothers trying to infiltrate it for their own personal interests.

Though it appears my original point has been diluted by the partisan normy thinking. There is still a huge rift in the Republican Party. Of course the establishment was against Trump. They were expecting to get another Bush on the Republican ticket for the general election. Stop obsessing about the Koch brothers, and think. It was at the grassroots level that the Tea Party movement got its numbers. That is why a populist like Trump was able to gain such strong support. The timing of Trump running was a lot to do with it.

For a lot of people who are Republicans at the moment could care less about the name of the party. It’s about the ideals that they hold. For the most of us, it is just Republican ideals that are what we identify with more so than others. I was a Libertarian till this last election cycle, but then became a Republican again, to run as a Rand Paul delegate to the Rep Convention. Yes, I was actually running against Donald Trump (to an extent) in the 2016 Primary.

Ironically Democrats keep bringing up that Mueller is a Republican, like that actually means something. Makes me wonder if they put enough thought into the fact that he was appointed head of the FBI by a man who’s last name is Bush. You know, Bill Clinton’s brother from another mother.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsne ... ge-to-discuss-leadership/

Posted on: 2/13 3:10 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Mueller's FBI worked with Lois Lerner's IRS to try to prosecute the very groups Obama IRS was suppressing -- another reason I don't trust Mueller.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChUxQPauLs&feature=youtu.be

Posted on: 2/14 12:16 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 2 (3)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved