1. Ka'Raun White,
2. Jovon Durante
3. David Sills
4. Garry Jennings
5. Marcus Simms
6. Ricky Rogers
7. Dominique Maiden
8. William Crest
With mostly freshman after these guys, who will prob. get the majority of playing time.
I really don't think you could not put White as 1. I put Durante #2, even though he hasn't hit that next level yet. I just see so much potential with him, during game time he to me seems the fastest. If he plays to his potential, then WVU's offense will be very tough to stop. I'm giving Sills the 3rd spot, after catching the game winner vs. ASU, I think he will the clutch guy. To me Simms and Jennings are even, both showed glimpses of potential but still didn't look incredible during games. The last three probably will get game time but not targets.

Posted on: 8/5 3:47 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Top WR's:
Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
Whoever catches the ball during the game and practices well the week of the game is going to be on the field. "Bosch says there is lots of talent in the wide receiver corps, too, it’s just that they’re too far down the field for him to see who is actually catching the ball. But he knows that so far they are catching them." Source

I've always thought of Dana as a better receiver coach than a QB coach. He can make most QB's look amazing. Part of that is the system and the other part is coaching up his receivers.

McCoy and Bush might even be involved in the catching game. It also wouldn't surprise me if we start utilizing a TE. If our O-line is decent and Grier stays healthy it should be an exciting year.

Posted on: 8/5 5:57 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I'd rank BIG 12 WR's as:
1. Oklahoma State, Washington is the best
2. TCU Turpin has more speed than Boykin
3. WVU Alot of this is hinging on Durante living up to potential.
4. Texas Tech Mahomes is gone, Giles is still good, Tech is always deep at WR's.
5. Iowa St. Lazard is a beast, but who else.
6. Oklahoma Just lost #2 WR, and is this guy from Kentucky that good to replace Dede Westbrook, I don't think so.
7. Kansas ST, Pringle is good, others are solid
8. Kansas, Haven't looked too deeply but it's Kansas
9. Texas Can't think of anyone on WR roster that stands out.
10. Baylor Kd Cannon gone. lost alot of recruits last year

I think TCU and WVU are close, they got Turpin, who to me is a burner but QB Kenny Hill to me is average. Therefore I'd give advantage to WVU even though WR's are not as fast.

Posted on: 8/5 8:13 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
I think Durante could disappear and we wouldn't miss a beat, maybe even be better off myself. I'd rather see Jennings over him.

Posted on: 8/5 8:52 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
I think Durante could disappear and we wouldn't miss a beat, maybe even be better off myself. I'd rather see Jennings over him.

Interesting, Spavital agrees with me.

http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Art ... yers-on-offense-105817551

After six days of camp and two chances to talk to the head coach, the assistants and the players, here's an educated guess about the top 10. And remember, it's not the 10 best players in order. It's an arrangement based on a mix of a player's ability and value as well as WVU's most likely formations and personnel packages.

1. Justin Crawford

2. Elijah Wellman

3. David Sills

4. Gary Jennings

5. Ka'Raun White

6. Kennedy McKoy

7. Marcus Simms

8. Martell Pettaway

9. Trevon Wesco

10. Tevin Bush

Posted on: 8/5 8:56 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:

I'm with you, I think Durante is a one trick pony who can hit the deep ball on occasion but is anything but a complete WR. Give me one Dakiel Shorts over a million Durante/Gibson and I'll have a better receiving corps.

I think this group will be good...Dana has never not produced a good receiving group. Sills will end up the most productive of the bunch for this year...he has the hands, decent quickness and good size, and knows routes from his QB days. Don't be surprised when he catches 79 balls for 1200 this year and the game winning TD vs tech. He and Grier have it going on

Posted on: 8/5 9:37 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I'm not giving up on Durante, I think the talent is there, and wondering if we see big improvement with Grier passing him the ball. Remember Shorts did't really become great till his senior year. What if White has as big a jump as his brother Kevin did from Year one to two? The potential factor for White and Durante is very high. Carrier keeps saying Durante has best hands but I always felt like that was one of his weaknesses, but that could be he didn't gel with some of throws from Howard. I always felt Howard had great chemistry with Gibson and Shorts, but prob. the worst with Durante.

I like Elijah Wellman but to be honest he's too short to be a go to guy in the redzone for TE's. I guess you'd could have him that high since he's a good blocker.

I agree that Dana has never not produced a good receiving corp. His worst would have to be the 2013 year, just due to experience.

Posted on: 8/5 9:44 pm

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
like I said a while ago
Grier to Sills is gonna be YUUUUGE

Posted on: 8/6 7:34 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
I'm still getting over Smothers leaving. Not sure what happens with him, he looked like Tavon in his highlight vids.

Posted on: 8/6 11:35 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
I think our receivers as a whole will catch better with a QB that has better touch on his passes. If Durante can up his reception percentage to above average , it will help the team substantially. Then his speed would be a constant worry for opposing defenses. Grier and Sills already appear to have a special chemistry. Jennings I think will be a clutch guy too. White is good, but by the end of the season I think he will be closer to third best in the group. McCoy can be a Jock Saunders type player. Get him the ball in space, and he can be explosive. I'm really excited about this group of receivers. There's not one clear cut star in the group, but if Grier can spread the ball around the field efficiently, this group will give defenses nightmares. I just hope our O-line can give Grier enough time to make the reads.

If our passing game can keep the defenses preoccupied, Crawford might have a pretty stellar season. I'm pumped! Just imagine lining up across from a spread offense with Grier in the pistol, Crawford behind him, and McCoy in motion. That'll clinch your butt cheeks for sure.

Posted on: 8/6 11:57 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Jock Sanders.

Posted on: 8/6 12:24 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I'd say WVU has second best offense after Oklahoma State. Oklahoma has questions at RB and WR, Mayfield is awesome but he wont be able to do it himself, it will be like when Petrino left Louisville and Brohm stayed for his senior year. TCU is up there but Hill is not that good a QB. KSU should be decent with Ertz and Pringle. Texas lost Foreman, though Buchelle seems decent. Texas Tech should still be good but Mahomes is gone. Being objective and let me know if you think I'm not, WVU is a clear #2 here.

Posted on: 8/6 5:00 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
http://scout.com/college/west-virgini ... o-More-Injuries-105850641

Well not looking good with Durante. I'm hoping Simms has improved a bunch, and maybe Crest will get some action.

Posted on: 8/6 5:04 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
Just in case you didn't know Durante was recently with his family at his grandmother's funeral. Apparently they were very close.

Posted on: 8/6 7:23 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
From Dana's presser on WVUsports.com:

" On if junior wide receiver Jovon Durante is practicing

No, he is dealing with personal issues. He has not reported. I don’t know if he will, I don’t know when he will. He has personal things that he has to work on. We are going to get some other guys ready to go."

Posted on: 8/6 8:39 pm

Pitt Hater
From Athens GA
Can't find it now but Carrier was throwing some love Crests way the other day. Hopefully he will develop quickly.

Posted on: 8/7 8:40 am

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Quote:

FL77Mounty wrote:
From Dana's presser on WVUsports.com:

" On if junior wide receiver Jovon Durante is practicing

No, he is dealing with personal issues. He has not reported. I don’t know if he will, I don’t know when he will. He has personal things that he has to work on. We are going to get some other guys ready to go."

Sounds like coach is leaving the door wide open for Jovon to rejoin the program. I hope he can take advantage of that once he works through his issues. Good on coach to have the kids back.

Posted on: 8/7 10:20 am

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Yep, I'm thinking its going to be like a Macon situation with Durante losing grandmother

Posted on: 8/7 10:37 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:
Just in case you didn't know Durante was recently with his family at his grandmother's funeral. Apparently they were very close.

Poor guy, that's awful for him. Until he sorts it out though it's next man up. I think White is going to double his totals from last year, depending on if he stays healthy, I'm sure Grier will spray it around. A lot more depth than usual.

Posted on: 8/7 2:00 pm

Suspected Punter
Look out for Marcus Simms...explosive! BOOM!. Looking for him to break out after a year with Mike Joseph.

Posted on: 8/7 3:01 pm

(1) 2 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved