We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3)

Re: WVU, Big XII, College Football News Thread
Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
Quote:

viper000 wrote:
I get the impression holgerson and spavs are not seeing eye to eye on how this should be working.

I believe your observation is accurate.

West Virginia at Kansas State 2017 game replay

Posted on: 11/12 5:13 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

viper000 wrote:
I get the impression holgerson and spavs are not seeing eye to eye on how this should be working.

I'm hoping Spav takes that as a sign to listen to Holgy tbh. Holgorsen has already gone through this and figured it out..

Posted on: 11/12 5:27 pm

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

apizzle wrote:
Quote:

viper000 wrote:

I'm hoping Spav takes that as a sign to listen to Holgy tbh. Holgorsen has already gone through this and figured it out..

Well, I would imagine that before he took the job Spavital told Holgorsen that he will certainly defer to him when it comes to whether to go for it on 4rd down and on who to play (along the lines of stick with Kennedy as he has the hot hand running the ball right now) but as far as establishing his own rhythm on offense and calling plays Spavital probably wants to be left to do his thing without being second-guessed in real time. But of course they can work on stuff during the week and if Holgorsen wants the offense run in a different way in certain situations then Spav will have to defer to his boss.

Anyway, just wanted to note that we are now ranked in both the coaches and AP polls this week -

AP - 24
Coaches - 25

Posted on: 11/12 10:50 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Just thought I'd post some good news, for a change...

https://www.diehards.com/west-virginia ... st-virginia-senior-season

Posted on: 11/13 4:39 am

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
I never doubted that he would return. He doesn't have the body of work needed to go very high in the draft. As it is, he would go 4th or 5th round at best simply because he would be such a tough call for any NFL team.

Posted on: 11/13 6:15 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
Butch Jones is out at Tennercee. Guess we will be facing a new coach in Charlotte 2018.

Posted on: 11/13 6:37 am

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
Do you think Sills (AKA ~ "SEALS" ~ will be back?

Posted on: 11/13 7:12 am

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
Quote:

davidj wrote:
Just thought I'd post some good news, for a change...

https://www.diehards.com/west-virginia ... st-virginia-senior-season

I'm glad to hear this might be the advice he is getting and hoping that he listens and is here for next year because I think he will tear it up. While I do think what would likely be only 18 games (19th unlikely unless the stars align and WU plays in B12 title game) isn't a good enough body of work for NFL teams to be interested in drafting a guy very high, I have two questions. Who are the 14 other QB's he would be behind if he were to come out this year? I know he wouldn't be probably even top 5, but I don't think you could name 14 better QB's out there than him. And secondly, have any of these scouts actually watched him play, or are they ranking purely based off his stat line?

Of his 12 INT's, probably at least half are just as much on the WR that stopped the route, let it deflect off his hands or just didn't make a play on a 50/50 ball. Only so many of his INT's have been a result of a mistake, and of those they've hardly been bad throws that were in double coverage or plays where his WR didn't at least have a shot at it. In fact, most of the picks he has thrown that are on him haven't really come back to hurt the team as a few of them have essentially been punts. WG is a risk taker, and a lot of his passes are high-risk, high-reward but I don't see any issue with his decision making.

Posted on: 11/13 10:25 am

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
I dont think (and have never thought) that either Sills or Grier would leave after this year. Neither have pressing financial needs. Both have a tremendous amount to learn from getting more college reps. Both will develop significantly and benefit significantly from another year playing college ball. Both need a larger body of work to show consistency over a longer period at their positions to give NFL scouts confidence. Sills is just a baby, in terms of playing the WR position. He has tons to learn.

Posted on: 11/13 11:17 am

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
I dont think (and have never thought) that either Sills or Grier would leave after this year. Neither have pressing financial needs. Both have a tremendous amount to learn from getting more college reps. Both will develop significantly and benefit significantly from another year playing college ball. Both need a larger body of work to show consistency over a longer period at their positions to give NFL scouts confidence. Sills is just a baby, in terms of playing the WR position. He has tons to learn.

I know I am going to take a lot of flack for this but......

I don't really think that Grier is all that great. He may be a decent College QB but he has shown me not much that would make me think pro teams would go for him.

He is way too skittish when the defense brings the heat. I just don't see it. He makes great passes but I think some of his decision making is questionable.

Not trying to put him down because he is the best we have had in quite some time and probably by far the best we currently have on the team but I just don't think the NFL is going to be knocking down the door to get him.

Sills is a solid receiver but I don't really see him going to the pros this year either. I thought Grier would be gone and I think Grier WILL be gone if the call comes. I am just thinking that call is not coming.

Posted on: 11/13 12:22 pm

Makin' it Rain
Some Big 12 program news -

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/ ... ate/article184974428.html

I've read about this before in regards to Coach Snyder wanting his son to succeed him as head coach and that causing friction with the athletic department but wasn't sure if it was a legit story. Well, I guess it is. The AD at Kansas State is in a bind - Bill Snyder is highly regarded at the school yet his son may either not be ready to take charge of a P5 football program or may not be ready to be a head coach anywhere.

Posted on: 11/17 6:26 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Well if all else fails, they can probably pick up Butch Jones pretty cheap.

Posted on: 11/17 7:08 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:

I know I am going to take a lot of flack for this but......

I don't really think that Grier is all that great. He may be a decent College QB but he has shown me not much that would make me think pro teams would go for him.

He is way too skittish when the defense brings the heat. I just don't see it. He makes great passes but I think some of his decision making is questionable.

The beauty of your post is we will soon find out tmrw on Grier, bc I've very sure Texas will be bring the heat, especially after watching what K-State did in Second half.

Not trying to put him down because he is the best we have had in quite some time and probably by far the best we currently have on the team but I just don't think the NFL is going to be knocking down the door to get him.

Sills is a solid receiver but I don't really see him going to the pros this year either. I thought Grier would be gone and I think Grier WILL be gone if the call comes. I am just thinking that call is not coming.

The beauty of your post is we will soond find out tmrw bc I'm sure Texas will be bringing the heat after watching K-State game on how they shut Grier down in second half.

Posted on: 11/17 10:21 pm

« 1 2 (3)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved