We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2)

Re: CAT 5 IRMA
Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Good news indeed. All our friends and loved ones made it through the storm okay too, I am happy to report.

Posted on: 9/11 9:27 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Got power back in Dunedin last night at 7 - almost 72 hours without it. House is fine, a few limbs down, a section of the privacy fence blown down. We were lucky, there's a tree on a house and another on a boat in our neighborhood.

Posted on: 9/14 12:01 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
From Tampa, FL via Elkview, WV
Checking in.

I live in Zephyrhills, Pasco County, and the eye passed over us. By that time Irma had downgraded to a Cat. 1 but the wind and rain was still quite nasty.

Lost power for about 2 days. Due to my house being just under a mile from a hospital I think I benefited from being in or near their grid.

A big part of a tree fell in our backyard. Another tree kept it from hitting the main part of the house, instead it laid on the lanai (fancy Florida word for screened in back porch). Took several days to remove tree limb and all the debris.

Power is slowly being restored as there are still those without. Gas stations and grocery stores are slowly getting restocked.

No school the whole week with teachers reporting back today (I am a teacher) and students projected to return on Monday.

The most important thing, my family is safe and sound. This could have been way worse so there is much to be thankful for.

This hurricane has shown me I live in an amazing community that has come together to help each other in times of need.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

Posted on: 9/15 12:27 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

jbolt128 wrote:
Checking in.

I live in Zephyrhills, Pasco County, and the eye passed over us. By that time Irma had downgraded to a Cat. 1 but the wind and rain was still quite nasty.

Lost power for about 2 days. Due to my house being just under a mile from a hospital I think I benefited from being in or near their grid.

A big part of a tree fell in our backyard. Another tree kept it from hitting the main part of the house, instead it laid on the lanai (fancy Florida word for screened in back porch). Took several days to remove tree limb and all the debris.

Power is slowly being restored as there are still those without. Gas stations and grocery stores are slowly getting restocked.

No school the whole week with teachers reporting back today (I am a teacher) and students projected to return on Monday.

The most important thing, my family is safe and sound. This could have been way worse so there is much to be thankful for.

This hurricane has shown me I live in an amazing community that has come together to help each other in times of need.

Good to hear brother.

Posted on: 9/15 3:12 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Tampa, FL via Elkview, WV
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

jbolt128 wrote:
Checking in.

Good to hear brother.

Thanks!

Posted on: 9/15 7:12 pm

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
Now lets bring on the Mountaineers !

Posted on: 9/15 8:45 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

Login
Username: