We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
So its okay to **** on Tim Tebow for praying to God but its not okay to get mad when a bunch of privileged brain damaged morons **** on the flag, and national anthem and all the freedoms they represent. We don't care about your politics or what you have to say. We never have. And we never will. We do, however, care about how fast you run and how well you can throw and catch a ball. At the most, you are a form of entertainment to paying American people. Keep shitting on them and what they believe in while screaming "freedom of speech". You just want attention.

To the league that won't let players wear 9/11 memorials on their cleats or helmets, to the league that won't let the Dallas cowboys wear memorial stickers on their helmets for the cops that were killed by thugs simply because they were police officers doing their job, to the league that keeps a blind eye to it's players that beat the FUCK out of women, children, dogs, cops, murdering pedestrians while drunk, murdering people and getting away with it, dealing cocaine to kids, and all other crime these thugs do, and let's them stay in the league with bare minimum punishments, but will gladly let those idiot thugs **** on the United States military, the United States citizens and the freedom those brave men and women fought for so those thugs can make millions of dollars playing a kids game I say this: go FUCK yourself you spoiled rotten bunch of ****. Don't like America or the freedoms she gives You? Get the FUCK out.



1. No one gives a crap about Tim Tebow. He is irrelevant. He sucked at Florida and he sucked at Denver.....Now he is sucking as a baseball player.

2. What does Jesus say about Tebow? You realize that he talked about Tebow before there was a Tebow?

3. The league has rules about what can and can't be on cleats. It is part of their contract with the shoe manufacturers. You know that lovely thing? Capitalism? That defines what can and can't happen. It is called a contract.

4. Apparently you do care about their politics because when they reveal it, it enrages you.

5. Yes. They want attention. That is why you protest. To get attention for your cause. All of the numb nutted people that are enraged are contributing to their attention. Had people simply ignored it it would be over but no......Our head idiot in charge feels that with all that is happening in the world instead of:

a. Reforming healthcare
b. Creating and passing a budget
c. fixing our broken immigration system so that we can open up immigration again
d. dealing with North Korea
e. reforming the tax code
f. Passing an infrastructure improvement bill.

The single most important thing is to rag on athletes. That my friend is real leadership. <--- Note sarcasm here.
As for respect for our service men. This is a guy who ridiculed John McCain for being a POW!!!!! This from a man that never served even when his country was in the middle of a war! (Police Action/Conflict anyway.....his country needed him)

WTF?!

How more disrespectful can you be?! The last thing I need is a lecture from this pompous ass about respect for the service.


1. How is winning a heisman and 2 national championships "sucking"? By your logic, or obvious lack thereof, almost every college football that has ever played the game of football, "sucks"

2. Yes, Jesus said in John 14:6, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

3. How about the helmets? NFL forbid players to wear 9/11 memorial stickers on their helmets but will let them give the military the middle finger with pride

4. No, I don't care about their politics. I get mad when they try to shove their idea of politics in my face when all I want to do is watch football. Its insulting to the viewer and the fans.

5. You are living on the surface and purposefully choosing to be ignorant. Turn off your CNN because Trump is actually doing work. It only takes 10 seconds to send a tweet. Come back to reality.

McCain is a traitor to the American people. I dont know why you would use him as an example but you also said a 2 time national champion and heisman winner "sucks". So its clear you dont have any logic other than how to call traveling on a basketball player.
https://www.oathkeepers.org/breaking-n ... ganda-recording-released/

Posted on: 9/27 8:57 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
For those that are brain dead.

https://youtu.be/6pFXNAdHmno

Posted on: 9/27 9:00 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4775
Quote:

EERY wrote:
This isn't a matter of free speech. These players are on the clock. They are being compensated for their time. They are wearing their employers logo. They are under contract. At a sporting event they are in representation of their employer.

If I was to make political statements/protests in such a manor while on the job wearing my company's logo, my company would be within their legal rights to punish me or even terminate my employment.

Let's not lose sight of what's going on here. If the teams and NFL let this continue, this reflects more poorly on them than it does the players.


To be fair they don't play the national anthem everyday before you work either do they?

I agree with what you are saying but they are in a little bit of a unique situation. They are fined by the league for many things. At the same time, I don't really know what you do but there is a question about how many people can do your job. I am lucky in that there are fewer than a dozen people in the world that do what I do so I have a little leeway in my at-work behavior. LOL They put up with a lot of crap from me that most people probably couldn't get away with.

I would say that the set of people that CAN perform at an NFL level are small in number so they feel like they need to pick their battles. I don't think this will have a longterm effect on the popularity of the sport. I think the issue of CTE is a MUCH MUCH bigger problem for the league and will ultimately change the game immensely. The league is more worried about that than some people not standing for the national anthem.

I do respect your statement though and agree with most of what you are saying. They do have the right to fire the people if they want, but with the number of people now doing it would people watch it with lower quality players?

Posted on: 9/27 9:18 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2301
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
This isn't a matter of free speech. These players are on the clock. They are being compensated for their time. They are wearing their employers logo. They are under contract. At a sporting event they are in representation of their employer.

If I was to make political statements/protests in such a manor while on the job wearing my company's logo, my company would be within their legal rights to punish me or even terminate my employment.

Let's not lose sight of what's going on here. If the teams and NFL let this continue, this reflects more poorly on them than it does the players.


To be fair they don't play the national anthem everyday before you work either do they?

I agree with what you are saying but they are in a little bit of a unique situation. They are fined by the league for many things. At the same time, I don't really know what you do but there is a question about how many people can do your job. I am lucky in that there are fewer than a dozen people in the world that do what I do so I have a little leeway in my at-work behavior. LOL They put up with a lot of crap from me that most people probably couldn't get away with.

I would say that the set of people that CAN perform at an NFL level are small in number so they feel like they need to pick their battles. I don't think this will have a longterm effect on the popularity of the sport. I think the issue of CTE is a MUCH MUCH bigger problem for the league and will ultimately change the game immensely. The league is more worried about that than some people not standing for the national anthem.

I do respect your statement though and agree with most of what you are saying. They do have the right to fire the people if they want, but with the number of people now doing it would people watch it with lower quality players?


Well at my last job which I left a year and a half ago, we said the pledge of allegiance every month at the board meeting.

Standing and honoring our flag and country is in the NFL rule book. Perhaps the players shouldn't have signed the contract if they didn't agree with the rules.

Posted on: 9/27 9:48 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4775
Quote:
Quote:
1. How is winning a heisman and 2 national championships "sucking"? By your logic, or obvious lack thereof, almost every college football that has ever played the game of football, "sucks"


2. Yes, Jesus said in John 14:6, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

3. How about the helmets? NFL forbid players to wear 9/11 memorial stickers on their helmets but will let them give the military the middle finger with pride

4. No, I don't care about their politics. I get mad when they try to shove their idea of politics in my face when all I want to do is watch football. Its insulting to the viewer and the fans.

Quote:
5. You are living on the surface and purposefully choosing to be ignorant. Turn off your CNN because Trump is actually doing work. It only takes 10 seconds to send a tweet. Come back to reality.


Quote:
McCain is a traitor to the American people. I dont know why you would use him as an example but you also said a 2 time national champion and heisman winner "sucks". So its clear you dont have any logic other than how to call traveling on a basketball player.
https://www.oathkeepers.org/breaking-n ... ganda-recording-released/


Well....let's take this idiocy one by one.

Quote:
1. How is winning a heisman and 2 national championships "sucking"? By your logic, or obvious lack thereof, almost every college football that has ever played the game of football, "sucks"


Yes....he sucked at the NFL. That is why he is not there. They drafted him. They tried him. He didn't cut the mustard and he is gone to play baseball. His baseball career is worse. He has spent two years-ish in the minors and is hitting .220 in single A. His baseball career will be over soon. Not much call for a light hitting 30 year old single A player. Sorry to burst your bubble. Florida during his time on the team had a whole lot more than Tebow to win a national championship. What did the scouts say about Tebow at the combines? Here is a link...http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/tim--tebow?id=497135

Not a world beater.

Quote:
2. Yes, Jesus said in John 14:6, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


I asked about what Jesus said relative to Tebow. I have no idea what that scripture says about Tebow. Thinking more along the lines of....

Matthew 6:5-6

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Let's just say that Jesus wasn't a real big fan of Tebow in spite of all the people who think they are religious but in reality never pick up their bible.

Quote:
3. How about the helmets? NFL forbid players to wear 9/11 memorial stickers on their helmets but will let them give the military the middle finger with pride


The NFL is not giving the military the middle finger with pride. The NFL agreed with the military to this travesty before the game in an effort to enlist more of our youth to be killed in foreign lands. The NFL fines players for many reasons. Antonio Brown was recently fined $20,000 for a touchdown dance (completely non-religious and not military finger) and wearing the wrong pair of shoes.

Quote:
4. No, I don't care about their politics. I get mad when they try to shove their idea of politics in my face when all I want to do is watch football. Its insulting to the viewer and the fans.


Read above. No one is shoving anything in your face.

Quote:
5. You are living on the surface and purposefully choosing to be ignorant. Turn off your CNN because Trump is actually doing work. It only takes 10 seconds to send a tweet. Come back to reality.


Oh yes...I don't listen to CNN but at the same time, I actually do some research to see if my sources are real stories or sad lies of ignorant people.

Let's keep score of what Trump has accomplished in his short time.

Travel ban from Muslims, No....mostly ineffective....blocked over and over. I will give 40% effectiveness.

Obamacare repeal and replace....Hahahahahahahaha! Really? that is sad. Miserable fail. This was going to happen on day 1.

Tax overall......Yeah......no. Hasn't happened and probably won't

NAFTA? Still going strong.

Paris Climate Agreement. He pulled us out.....but wait....we may be back in.....wait....Oh we were never in it to start so he pulled us out of an agreement we weren't in. Good job.....A completely non-binding wouldn't make any difference whether we were in it or not so I will give him 100% achievement of doing something that doesn't matter.

Infrastructure investment? Nope nothing here.

That dude, is a whole lot of nothing for coming on to 9 months. Cripes! If he was better looking he could have made a baby in that amount of time.

Quote:
McCain is a traitor to the American people. I dont know why you would use him as an example but you also said a 2 time national champion and heisman winner "sucks". So its clear you dont have any logic other than how to call traveling on a basketball player.
https://www.oathkeepers.org/breaking-n ... ganda-recording-released/


This is my point. How stupid are the people that read this article? Apparently, pretty goddamn stupid. Anyone that knows anything would know that this isn't breaking news. If you think it is then you are part of the illiterate. This recording has been known for a long time.

Have you ever been a prisoner of war? Pretty sure that when you are tortured every day you might eventually crack and make a confession.

Did you listen to the recording? How does this make him a traitor? If you think McCain was a traitor you are a complete idiot. Sorry to call you names but a fact is a fact. John McCain and others who were POWs experienced unimaginable torture during their time there. Here is the truth about these allegations.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/mccain/warcriminal.asp

...And if the guy who wrote this article is REALLY a veteran he is a disgrace to his service. Bad mouthing a fellow vet for stating that he bombed women and children. Do you think that anything John McCain said was a lie?

Where was your buddy Trump during the war?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/ ... draft-record.html?mcubz=1

Bad feet?! Good enough to play golf every day 60 years later. Talk about a traitor!

Posted on: 9/27 9:55 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4775
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
This isn't a matter of free speech. These players are on the clock. They are being compensated for their time. They are wearing their employers logo. They are under contract. At a sporting event they are in representation of their employer.

If I was to make political statements/protests in such a manor while on the job wearing my company's logo, my company would be within their legal rights to punish me or even terminate my employment.

Let's not lose sight of what's going on here. If the teams and NFL let this continue, this reflects more poorly on them than it does the players.


To be fair they don't play the national anthem everyday before you work either do they?

I agree with what you are saying but they are in a little bit of a unique situation. They are fined by the league for many things. At the same time, I don't really know what you do but there is a question about how many people can do your job. I am lucky in that there are fewer than a dozen people in the world that do what I do so I have a little leeway in my at-work behavior. LOL They put up with a lot of crap from me that most people probably couldn't get away with.

I would say that the set of people that CAN perform at an NFL level are small in number so they feel like they need to pick their battles. I don't think this will have a longterm effect on the popularity of the sport. I think the issue of CTE is a MUCH MUCH bigger problem for the league and will ultimately change the game immensely. The league is more worried about that than some people not standing for the national anthem.

I do respect your statement though and agree with most of what you are saying. They do have the right to fire the people if they want, but with the number of people now doing it would people watch it with lower quality players?


Well at my last job which I left a year and a half ago, we said the pledge of allegiance every month at the board meeting.


That is pretty neat. Never would we have that here. I told people that I used to work for an American company then I worked for an Italian company, then an Austrian then a German and now a Japanese company. I have now worked for all of the Axis powers. Kinda wonder who won the war.

I had to go to my management and tell them that....when you fly the American flag it needs to be higher than all of the other flags and to get those other flags lowered now! We had a German Flag, American flag and company flag and they were all at the same level. I was not happy that day.

Posted on: 9/27 9:59 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2301
My job was a satellite extension of the county so to speak. That probably had something to do with saying the pledge. I never asked. My allegiance resides with my country. As it appears yours does as well.

I still think this is being blown out of proportion. I would feel better if the President would focus on more important things. If the media would shut up about this, it would never been the issue it has become.

Posted on: 9/27 10:10 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
How can you say that they aren't shoving it in our faces wth it's all they talk about? How dense can you be brobison? Did you read anything in the article? Whay he did literally broke the code of conduct of the United States armed forces. You even said you might crack and make a confession. Lol READ WHAT YOU TYPE BEFORE HITTING SUBMIT. You might not look as big if a dumbass next time.

Posted on: 9/27 10:48 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4775
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
How can you say that they aren't shoving it in our faces wth it's all they talk about? How dense can you be brobison? Did you read anything in the article? Whay he did literally broke the code of conduct of the United States armed forces. You even said you might crack and make a confession. Lol READ WHAT YOU TYPE BEFORE HITTING SUBMIT. You might not look as big if a dumbass next time.


Its all they talk about because you morons are lapping it up like puppies at the milk bowl.

When I look on Facebook the only thing I see is a bunch of morons posting how they are going to boycott the NFL and how I should too so by your standards stop shoving your position down my throat. See how dumb that is.

Here is a factual look at the McCain was a traitor. If you have been a POW and been tortured then you can say something. Until then how about you go with what the big kids say.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-met ... nce-mccain-was-a-traitor/

Most importantly look at this statement:

Quote:
George "Bud" Day and Orson Swindle, fellow POWs, told PolitiFact that POWs sometimes were forced to talk when they were tortured, but they tried to tell lies to mislead their captors.

"We were all tortured and we wrote confessions under the pressure of torture," said Swindle, who was a cellmate with McCain and is active in his campaign. "John McCain never collaborated with the enemy. He, like every one of us, submitted to severe torture. John McCain did nothing dishonorable. He was heroic."


These were men who were with him in that camp. They used the word "Heroic" Amazing how your paratrooper buddy who I am sure never spent a day in a North Vietnam prison camp has a different view on it. Well pardon me if I think I wouldn't take information from a trained paratrooper that hurt himself jumping out of a plane.

Posted on: 9/27 11:10 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
Taken at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

This makes it crystal clear (to anyone that was still on the fence) that it's not a protest. It's complete and utter hatred for America and everything it stands for. I would say I'm stunned, but sadly, I'm not. I've come to expect this level of behavior from the left.

Attach file:



jpg  08dgnxn1vfoz.jpg (114.22 KB)
2916_59cbf0452a113.jpg 720X960 px

Posted on: 9/27 1:40 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4775
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Taken at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

This makes it crystal clear (to anyone that was still on the fence) that it's not a protest. It's complete and utter hatred for America and everything it stands for. I would say I'm stunned, but sadly, I'm not. I've come to expect this level of behavior from the left.


1. Why does this picture CLEARLY show it isn't a protest? I am not really sure what it is because there is no context but we will go with the fact that he is kneeling on purpose. Why wouldn't he be allowed to do this?
2. What is different between this and NFL game?
3. So one person out of 200 means society is out of control?
4. Do you seriously mean to tell me that you believe NONE of the other people there would consider themselves liberal.
5. Why don't you focus on the other African-Americans that are standing? You don't see the glass as half full you see the glass as going to be empty soon.
6. Serious question: Do you know why they are taking a knee? So help me if you say it is about police brutality you will have invalidated your argument.


Maybe if the white people in front gave the black dudes some seats then maybe they wouldn't protest. OK.....I realize that was a little racist.....but the statement had to be made. Don't think any of you others didn't notice the skin color of all the other guys standing around the guy.

Posted on: 9/27 1:55 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Taken at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

This makes it crystal clear (to anyone that was still on the fence) that it's not a protest. It's complete and utter hatred for America and everything it stands for. I would say I'm stunned, but sadly, I'm not. I've come to expect this level of behavior from the left.


1. Why does this picture CLEARLY show it isn't a protest? I am not really sure what it is because there is no context but we will go with the fact that he is kneeling on purpose. Why wouldn't he be allowed to do this?
2. What is different between this and NFL game?
3. So one person out of 200 means society is out of control?
4. Do you seriously mean to tell me that you believe NONE of the other people there would consider themselves liberal.
5. Why don't you focus on the other African-Americans that are standing? You don't see the glass as half full you see the glass as going to be empty soon.
6. Serious question: Do you know why they are taking a knee? So help me if you say it is about police brutality you will have invalidated your argument.


Maybe if the white people in front gave the black dudes some seats then maybe they wouldn't protest. OK.....I realize that was a little racist.....but the statement had to be made. Don't think any of you others didn't notice the skin color of all the other guys standing around the guy.


In my opinion, They are doing this to piss people off and force a conversation. Obviously it is working. Bet conservatives are proud of not falling for it!

Good for them and god bless freedom of speech!

Posted on: 9/27 5:40 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:
NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, is more divisive for a US citizens to do than disrespecting the US Flag, the National Anthem and all of the brave soldiers that fought and died protecting that Flag and our freedoms.

Those, like Godell, Brady, Kraft, LeBron and others that think what Trump said was divisive could not be MORE wrong!

The First Amendment and apparently the NFL Players Union Bargaining Agreement allows the players to take a knee.

And the rest of us have every RIGHT to JUDGE that action.


I think the most powerful person on earth using a wedge issue to fire up his base is more divisive than the events putting mileage on your feinting couch.

Posted on: 9/27 5:50 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

stanleywvu wrote:
Quote:

delispam wrote:
I think it's disrespectful of the flag and the veterans to pay millions of dollars to a sports organization to make saluting the flag look cool.


$53 million as of 2015

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/nati ... says/stories/201511060140




Holy cow...none of the conservatives on the soapbox have a problem with this? If we're being honest about cutting government spending then this is low hanging fruit!

Everyone knows about the Army...do they really need to sponsor a frickin' NASCAR team???

Out-frickin-rageous.

Posted on: 9/27 5:56 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
For those that are brain dead.

https://youtu.be/6pFXNAdHmno


Alejandro Villeneuava...an actual vet...is embarrassed that conservatives are using his coming out of the tunnel for the anthem as a rallying point. He totally supports the right of the protesters.

Link

I love it when conservatives use one person as a legitimate viewpoint for a group of people. You're wrong every single time.

The lady you say represents the real point is no more or less correct than the Steeler's tackle. Nice try.

Posted on: 9/27 6:02 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Standing and honoring our flag and country is in the NFL rule book. Perhaps the players shouldn't have signed the contract if they didn't agree with the rules.


Open in new window



Posted on: 9/27 6:09 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2301
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Standing and honoring our flag and country is in the NFL rule book. Perhaps the players shouldn't have signed the contract if they didn't agree with the rules.


Open in new window




Okay so it's the game operations manual. Which technically is a book of procedures and rules. I'm pretty sure if the writers of the manual would have realized that one day a player (employee) that has ties to a political activist group and an adoration for communistic dictators, they would have made sure and been more specific with the wording in the manual. I equate this type of protest with a stubborn dog pissing on the carpet in defiance.

Quote:
The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/09/2 ... ns-manual-specific-540864



Posted on: 9/27 6:45 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
For those that are brain dead.

https://youtu.be/6pFXNAdHmno


Alejandro Villeneuava...an actual vet...is embarrassed that conservatives are using his coming out of the tunnel for the anthem as a rallying point. He totally supports the right of the protesters.

Link

I love it when conservatives use one person as a legitimate viewpoint for a group of people. You're wrong every single time.

The lady you say represents the real point is no more or less correct than the Steeler's tackle. Nice try.


I dont ever remember mentioning Villenueva. But if you want to strawman, (Which you do so well because you get destroyed every time in every discussion so yoy constantly change subjects),including myself,i personally know 12 vets whom have cancelled NFL Sunday ticket and have burned or gave away their NFL gear. Two of which have posted videos on youtube with thoudands of views and comments of support, all of which that have posted their disgust on social media. Direct tv is giving refunds to the multitude of people cancelling Sunday ticket and NFL viewership and attendance is down, down, down and players and the league are losing sponsorships. There was a game last weekemd, somebody took a picture of a crowd, and it looked like a Hillary Clinton rally,who by the way was autographing books at the Cisco toilet paper aisle. So I ask: How am I wrong? Lol. Or do you think liberals won the Alabama special election as well? When you lose an argument, which you, Brobison, etc have done so, in every thread on the soapbox, it's called being wrong. Winners aren't wrong. "Nice try" kid.

So please, keep taking the side of criminals that hate the country which gave then opportunities that no other country on earth would give them. 2020 will be glorious.

Posted on: 9/27 8:52 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Taken at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

This makes it crystal clear (to anyone that was still on the fence) that it's not a protest. It's complete and utter hatred for America and everything it stands for. I would say I'm stunned, but sadly, I'm not. I've come to expect this level of behavior from the left.


1. Why does this picture CLEARLY show it isn't a protest? I am not really sure what it is because there is no context but we will go with the fact that he is kneeling on purpose. Why wouldn't he be allowed to do this?
2. What is different between this and NFL game?
3. So one person out of 200 means society is out of control?
4. Do you seriously mean to tell me that you believe NONE of the other people there would consider themselves liberal.
5. Why don't you focus on the other African-Americans that are standing? You don't see the glass as half full you see the glass as going to be empty soon.
6. Serious question: Do you know why they are taking a knee? So help me if you say it is about police brutality you will have invalidated your argument.


Maybe if the white people in front gave the black dudes some seats then maybe they wouldn't protest. OK.....I realize that was a little racist.....but the statement had to be made. Don't think any of you others didn't notice the skin color of all the other guys standing around the guy.


You already know the answer to that, but you're too much of a virtue signalling **** to actually admit. Keep siding with people who hate this country. Your inner Democrat, like the person in the photo, is showing.

Posted on: 9/27 8:54 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4775
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Taken at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

This makes it crystal clear (to anyone that was still on the fence) that it's not a protest. It's complete and utter hatred for America and everything it stands for. I would say I'm stunned, but sadly, I'm not. I've come to expect this level of behavior from the left.


1. Why does this picture CLEARLY show it isn't a protest? I am not really sure what it is because there is no context but we will go with the fact that he is kneeling on purpose. Why wouldn't he be allowed to do this?
2. What is different between this and NFL game?
3. So one person out of 200 means society is out of control?
4. Do you seriously mean to tell me that you believe NONE of the other people there would consider themselves liberal.
5. Why don't you focus on the other African-Americans that are standing? You don't see the glass as half full you see the glass as going to be empty soon.
6. Serious question: Do you know why they are taking a knee? So help me if you say it is about police brutality you will have invalidated your argument.


Maybe if the white people in front gave the black dudes some seats then maybe they wouldn't protest. OK.....I realize that was a little racist.....but the statement had to be made. Don't think any of you others didn't notice the skin color of all the other guys standing around the guy.


You already know the answer to that, but you're too much of a virtue signalling **** to actually admit. Keep siding with people who hate this country. Your inner Democrat, like the person in the photo, is showing.


I don't think I have ever stated that I side with them. I am just showing how someone acting outrageous against these people are playing directly into their hands....and you still haven't answered what they are protesting. Since you don't apparently know what they are protesting how do you know it isn't an issue worth protesting over? Is there EVER a protest worthy of not standing for the national anthem?

So now the fact that a person is a Democrat means they can't be an American? This is exactly what is wrong with this country.....and it ain't a football player kneeling.

Posted on: 9/27 9:42 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved