We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

 
Re: What is Divisive???
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 8:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 2075
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Taken at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

This makes it crystal clear (to anyone that was still on the fence) that it's not a protest. It's complete and utter hatred for America and everything it stands for. I would say I'm stunned, but sadly, I'm not. I've come to expect this level of behavior from the left.


1. Why does this picture CLEARLY show it isn't a protest? I am not really sure what it is because there is no context but we will go with the fact that he is kneeling on purpose. Why wouldn't he be allowed to do this?
2. What is different between this and NFL game?
3. So one person out of 200 means society is out of control?
4. Do you seriously mean to tell me that you believe NONE of the other people there would consider themselves liberal.
5. Why don't you focus on the other African-Americans that are standing? You don't see the glass as half full you see the glass as going to be empty soon.
6. Serious question: Do you know why they are taking a knee? So help me if you say it is about police brutality you will have invalidated your argument.


Maybe if the white people in front gave the black dudes some seats then maybe they wouldn't protest. OK.....I realize that was a little racist.....but the statement had to be made. Don't think any of you others didn't notice the skin color of all the other guys standing around the guy.


In my opinion, They are doing this to piss people off and force a conversation. Obviously it is working. Bet conservatives are proud of not falling for it!

Good for them and god bless freedom of speech!



I agree with you but, I still believe it's backfiring on the protesters as well. What the conversations are really about are whether or not it's disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. Social injustice is always stated as the reason for the protest but the ensuing conversation is not about that at all. It even appears to me that the bigger this gets the farther it gets away from that topic. I've said from the beginning that if Colon Krappynick really wanted change, kneeling and doing nothing is the least effective way to accomplish that.

JJ Watt and his hurricane relief fundraising are a much better example of a prominent figure using their status to make things happen.

Posted on: 9/28 7:42 am
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 8:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 2075
As for the question in the title of this thread, pretty much every thread in this section is divisive.

Posted on: 9/28 7:43 am
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2301
I agree Don. There are better ways to fight inequality and get a message out. It is the action that is disrespectful. It's as if nothing is sacred these days, and they try to make the actions appear virtuous by doing it under the cloak of social justice. Kaepernick has anti American views as well as his girlfriend. It's not a big deal to someone like that to act disgraceful toward patriotic ceremonies.

Unfortunately Donald Trump had to open his big mouth on the subject. I think at that point it made the other players react to Trumps reaction. Now it is no longer about Kaepernick's twisted view of politics. It's an us verses them mentality on all sides. Trump's comments polarized this whole thing.


Posted on: 9/28 8:30 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4775
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Taken at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

This makes it crystal clear (to anyone that was still on the fence) that it's not a protest. It's complete and utter hatred for America and everything it stands for. I would say I'm stunned, but sadly, I'm not. I've come to expect this level of behavior from the left.


1. Why does this picture CLEARLY show it isn't a protest? I am not really sure what it is because there is no context but we will go with the fact that he is kneeling on purpose. Why wouldn't he be allowed to do this?
2. What is different between this and NFL game?
3. So one person out of 200 means society is out of control?
4. Do you seriously mean to tell me that you believe NONE of the other people there would consider themselves liberal.
5. Why don't you focus on the other African-Americans that are standing? You don't see the glass as half full you see the glass as going to be empty soon.
6. Serious question: Do you know why they are taking a knee? So help me if you say it is about police brutality you will have invalidated your argument.


Maybe if the white people in front gave the black dudes some seats then maybe they wouldn't protest. OK.....I realize that was a little racist.....but the statement had to be made. Don't think any of you others didn't notice the skin color of all the other guys standing around the guy.


In my opinion, They are doing this to piss people off and force a conversation. Obviously it is working. Bet conservatives are proud of not falling for it!

Good for them and god bless freedom of speech!



I agree with you but, I still believe it's backfiring on the protesters as well. What the conversations are really about are whether or not it's disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. Social injustice is always stated as the reason for the protest but the ensuing conversation is not about that at all. It even appears to me that the bigger this gets the farther it gets away from that topic. I've said from the beginning that if Colon Krappynick really wanted change, kneeling and doing nothing is the least effective way to accomplish that.

JJ Watt and his hurricane relief fundraising are a much better example of a prominent figure using their status to make things happen.


Like this?

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/6 ... -charity-latest-donations

Posted on: 9/28 8:35 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2301
Well it does appear that he puts his money where his knee is.

Gotta have some amount of respect for that.

Posted on: 9/28 12:22 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
Speaking of divisive, the truth about antifa communists.

Steven Crowder infiltrates ANTIFA and comes out with hard proof of the terrorist group they are.

https://youtu.be/RmNz2jGzsDA

Posted on: 9/28 9:13 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Okay so it's the game operations manual. Which technically is a book of procedures and rules. I'm pretty sure if the writers of the manual would have realized that one day a player (employee) that has ties to a political activist group and an adoration for communistic dictators, they would have made sure and been more specific with the wording in the manual. I equate this type of protest with a stubborn dog pissing on the carpet in defiance.



I honestly didn't know. Saw something on a bleacher report link saying that there was no rule about it but gave no source. Seemed flimsy to me since the NFL locks everything down pretty tight.

Could have done better on the meme...that one is worn out.

Posted on: 9/28 9:42 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
For those that are brain dead.

https://youtu.be/6pFXNAdHmno


Alejandro Villeneuava...an actual vet...is embarrassed that conservatives are using his coming out of the tunnel for the anthem as a rallying point. He totally supports the right of the protesters.

Link

I love it when conservatives use one person as a legitimate viewpoint for a group of people. You're wrong every single time.

The lady you say represents the real point is no more or less correct than the Steeler's tackle. Nice try.


I dont ever remember mentioning Villenueva. But if you want to strawman, (Which you do so well because you get destroyed every time in every discussion so yoy constantly change subjects),including myself,i personally know 12 vets whom have cancelled NFL Sunday ticket and have burned or gave away their NFL gear. Two of which have posted videos on youtube with thoudands of views and comments of support, all of which that have posted their disgust on social media. Direct tv is giving refunds to the multitude of people cancelling Sunday ticket and NFL viewership and attendance is down, down, down and players and the league are losing sponsorships. There was a game last weekemd, somebody took a picture of a crowd, and it looked like a Hillary Clinton rally,who by the way was autographing books at the Cisco toilet paper aisle. So I ask: How am I wrong? Lol. Or do you think liberals won the Alabama special election as well? When you lose an argument, which you, Brobison, etc have done so, in every thread on the soapbox, it's called being wrong. Winners aren't wrong. "Nice try" kid.

So please, keep taking the side of criminals that hate the country which gave then opportunities that no other country on earth would give them. 2020 will be glorious.


M'kay. Let me slow it down so you can keep up...

1. You post a video of a military widow to show that her opinion somehow trumps all other opinions.

2. I show a link showing that a veteran that happens to play for the Steelers disagrees. My point wasn't that I was right but rather to show that no one person represents a group and both examples were just polar extremes of the same thing.

3. You miss the point and say that you must be right because you know 12 people that cancelled Sunday Ticket.

Open in new window


4. You rant about NFL attendance and ratings. Ok...so what's up with NASCAR attendance and ratings? Link

Posted on: 9/28 9:58 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

Eer_4da_beer wrote:

In my opinion, They are doing this to piss people off and force a conversation. Obviously it is working. Bet conservatives are proud of not falling for it!

Good for them and god bless freedom of speech!


Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:

I agree with you but, I still believe it's backfiring on the protesters as well. What the conversations are really about are whether or not it's disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. Social injustice is always stated as the reason for the protest but the ensuing conversation is not about that at all. It even appears to me that the bigger this gets the farther it gets away from that topic. I've said from the beginning that if Colon Krappynick really wanted change, kneeling and doing nothing is the least effective way to accomplish that.

JJ Watt and his hurricane relief fundraising are a much better example of a prominent figure using their status to make things happen.


I think that the only people straying from the original protest topic are the folks wailing that it is disrespectful to the military. The players doing it specifically say that is not the case but nope, not good enough for the right wing that know better.

I was about to agree with you about Kaepernick not backing up his talk until I read about his charitable donations from another post. That's pretty good stuff as well. No disrespect to JJ Watt...good stuff right there.

Posted on: 9/28 10:07 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

EERY wrote:
I agree Don. There are better ways to fight inequality and get a message out. It is the action that is disrespectful. It's as if nothing is sacred these days, and they try to make the actions appear virtuous by doing it under the cloak of social justice. Kaepernick has anti American views as well as his girlfriend. It's not a big deal to someone like that to act disgraceful toward patriotic ceremonies.

Unfortunately Donald Trump had to open his big mouth on the subject. I think at that point it made the other players react to Trumps reaction. Now it is no longer about Kaepernick's twisted view of politics. It's an us verses them mentality on all sides. Trump's comments polarized this whole thing.



Nobody would give a crap if they all grew beards in solidarity or started a Facebook group. Pissing people off and forcing a conversation is the point.

Trump completely played into their plan/goal like a rat chasing cheese. I didn't see Jerry Jones taking a knee or Aaron Rogers locking arms before our embarrassment of a president decided to rally his base. Sad!

Posted on: 9/28 10:12 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12719
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

Eer_4da_beer wrote:

In my opinion, They are doing this to piss people off and force a conversation. Obviously it is working. Bet conservatives are proud of not falling for it!

Good for them and god bless freedom of speech!


Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:

I agree with you but, I still believe it's backfiring on the protesters as well. What the conversations are really about are whether or not it's disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. Social injustice is always stated as the reason for the protest but the ensuing conversation is not about that at all. It even appears to me that the bigger this gets the farther it gets away from that topic. I've said from the beginning that if Colon Krappynick really wanted change, kneeling and doing nothing is the least effective way to accomplish that.

JJ Watt and his hurricane relief fundraising are a much better example of a prominent figure using their status to make things happen.


I think that the only people straying from the original protest topic are the folks wailing that it is disrespectful to the military. The players doing it specifically say that is not the case but nope, not good enough for the right wing that know better.

I was about to agree with you about Kaepernick not backing up his talk until I read about his charitable donations from another post. That's pretty good stuff as well. No disrespect to JJ Watt...good stuff right there.


PROTESTERS: We are against the government killing innocent unarmed citizens.

RIGHT WING: Why do you hate the military?

Posted on: 9/29 10:19 am
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:

PROTESTERS: We are against the government killing innocent unarmed citizens.

RIGHT WING: Why do you hate the military?


Trump: they should be fired!

RIGHT WING: grrrr!! I can't watch football anymore because they hate America!!!

PROTESTERS: again, this is about unarmed people getting killed by police.

RIGHT WING: see?! I've never seen anyone so anti-military and unamerican! Look at these videos of mad people. Let's go watch NASCAR!



Posted on: 9/29 10:53 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
Quote:
eer_4da_beer wrote: Quote:
EERY wrote: I agree Don. There are better ways to fight inequality and get a message out. It is the action that is disrespectful. It's as if nothing is sacred these days, and they try to make the actions appear virtuous by doing it under the cloak of social justice. Kaepernick has anti American views as well as his girlfriend. It's not a big deal to someone like that to act disgraceful toward patriotic ceremonies. Unfortunately Donald Trump had to open his big mouth on the subject. I think at that point it made the other players react to Trumps reaction. Now it is no longer about Kaepernick's twisted view of politics. It's an us verses them mentality on all sides. Trump's comments polarized this whole thing.
Nobody would give a crap if they all grew beards in solidarity or started a Facebook group. Pissing people off and forcing a conversation is the point. Trump completely played into their plan/goal like a rat chasing cheese. I didn't see Jerry Jones taking a knee or Aaron Rogers locking arms before our embarrassment of a president decided to rally his base. Sad!
LOL. This has to be the dumbest post you've ever written. You honestly believe this was a plan by the NFL? It was a nothing burger until Trump started talking about it. What was the plan/goal of the NFL? To have thousands of season tickets refunded? To have their merchandise burned? To have thousands cancel and get refunds of NFL Sunday Ticket? To have viewership drop? Because is that was their goal then damn they have succeeded! You're an idiot!

Posted on: 9/29 1:49 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
I agree Don. There are better ways to fight inequality and get a message out. It is the action that is disrespectful. It's as if nothing is sacred these days, and they try to make the actions appear virtuous by doing it under the cloak of social justice. Kaepernick has anti American views as well as his girlfriend. It's not a big deal to someone like that to act disgraceful toward patriotic ceremonies.

Unfortunately Donald Trump had to open his big mouth on the subject. I think at that point it made the other players react to Trumps reaction. Now it is no longer about Kaepernick's twisted view of politics. It's an us verses them mentality on all sides. Trump's comments polarized this whole thing.



Nobody would give a crap if they all grew beards in solidarity or started a Facebook group. Pissing people off and forcing a conversation is the point.

Trump completely played into their plan/goal like a rat chasing cheese. I didn't see Jerry Jones taking a knee or Aaron Rogers locking arms before our embarrassment of a president decided to rally his base. Sad!


LOL. This has to be the dumbest post you've ever written. You honestly believe this was a plan by the NFL? It was a nothing burger until Trump started talking about it. What was the plan/goal of the NFL? To have thousands of season tickets refunded? To have their merchandise burned? To have thousands cancel and get refunds of NFL Sunday Ticket? To have viewership drop? Because is that was their goal then damn they have succeeded! You're an idiot!


Many people resort to name calling when they're arguments are weak.

No it was not a plan by the NFL. Try to keep up.

The owners and most white players were staying out of it until our glorious leader opened his ignorant mouth and got involved.

So even knowing that there would be fallout from the right wing these folks still chose to begin participating as a symbolic middle finger to Trump. Do you really think that Jerry Jones didn't know that the right wing Trumpettes would lose their **** before joining the protest?

Show me a link where owners are refunding season tickets?

Posted on: 9/29 2:55 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2301
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:

PROTESTERS: We are against the government killing innocent unarmed citizens.

RIGHT WING: Why do you hate the military?


Trump: they should be fired!

RIGHT WING: grrrr!! I can't watch football anymore because they hate America!!!

PROTESTERS: again, this is about unarmed people getting killed by police.

RIGHT WING: see?! I've never seen anyone so anti-military and unamerican! Look at these videos of mad people. Let's go watch NASCAR!





Quote:
Brobison wrote: 6. Serious question: Do you know why they are taking a knee? So help me if you say it is about police brutality you will have invalidated your argument.

Posted on: 9/29 5:20 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:

PROTESTERS: We are against the government killing innocent unarmed citizens.

RIGHT WING: Why do you hate the military?


Trump: they should be fired!

RIGHT WING: grrrr!! I can't watch football anymore because they hate America!!!

PROTESTERS: again, this is about unarmed people getting killed by police.

RIGHT WING: see?! I've never seen anyone so anti-military and unamerican! Look at these videos of mad people. Let's go watch NASCAR!





Quote:
Brobison wrote: 6. Serious question: Do you know why they are taking a knee? So help me if you say it is about police brutality you will have invalidated your argument.



LOL you can't make it up. This is gold, Eery, GOLD!

Posted on: 9/29 6:52 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2301
First grade student kneels during Pledge of Allegiance
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Firs ... llegiance--448200033.html


Quite a legacy we are leaving the next generation. SMH

Posted on: 9/29 10:00 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2301
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
I agree Don. There are better ways to fight inequality and get a message out. It is the action that is disrespectful. It's as if nothing is sacred these days, and they try to make the actions appear virtuous by doing it under the cloak of social justice. Kaepernick has anti American views as well as his girlfriend. It's not a big deal to someone like that to act disgraceful toward patriotic ceremonies.

Unfortunately Donald Trump had to open his big mouth on the subject. I think at that point it made the other players react to Trumps reaction. Now it is no longer about Kaepernick's twisted view of politics. It's an us verses them mentality on all sides. Trump's comments polarized this whole thing.



Nobody would give a crap if they all grew beards in solidarity or started a Facebook group. Pissing people off and forcing a conversation is the point.

Trump completely played into their plan/goal like a rat chasing cheese. I didn't see Jerry Jones taking a knee or Aaron Rogers locking arms before our embarrassment of a president decided to rally his base. Sad!


LOL. This has to be the dumbest post you've ever written. You honestly believe this was a plan by the NFL? It was a nothing burger until Trump started talking about it. What was the plan/goal of the NFL? To have thousands of season tickets refunded? To have their merchandise burned? To have thousands cancel and get refunds of NFL Sunday Ticket? To have viewership drop? Because is that was their goal then damn they have succeeded! You're an idiot!


Many people resort to name calling when they're arguments are weak.

No it was not a plan by the NFL. Try to keep up.

The owners and most white players were staying out of it until our glorious leader opened his ignorant mouth and got involved.

So even knowing that there would be fallout from the right wing these folks still chose to begin participating as a symbolic middle finger to Trump. Do you really think that Jerry Jones didn't know that the right wing Trumpettes would lose their **** before joining the protest?

Show me a link where owners are refunding season tickets?


Pretty ironic to say that many people resort to name calling when there arguments are weak, then not even finish that very post before committing the act of name calling. I'll take this as your subconscious showing us the confidence you have in the strength of your argument.

Posted on: 9/29 10:14 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
The NFL has an ally - The Westboro Baptist Church.

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/09/ ... n-nfl-takeaknee-protests/

Congratulations liberals. You are now on the same side as Westboro Baptist Church.


http://a.abcnews.com/images/ABC_Univi ... o_church_121228_wmain.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/0 ... C000005DC-289_306x423.jpg

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6629489.jpg

It makes sense they're joining the NFL

Posted on: 9/30 1:17 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: What is Divisive???
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
The NFL has an ally - The Westboro Baptist Church.

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/09/ ... n-nfl-takeaknee-protests/

Congratulations liberals. You are now on the same side as Westboro Baptist Church.


http://a.abcnews.com/images/ABC_Univi ... o_church_121228_wmain.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/0 ... C000005DC-289_306x423.jpg

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6629489.jpg

It makes sense they're joining the NFL


By your logic the Trump administration and supporters are on the same side as David Duke and white supremacists.

Posted on: 9/30 9:04 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved