We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 »

BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Awesome how conservatives are no longer outraged by use of a private e-mail server.

Just sayin'

Posted on: 10/3 9:51 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Well it's not like it was a focal point of the campaign or anything. Nothing to see here. TOTALLY different. Move along.

Posted on: 10/3 11:09 pm

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Why the heck is Kushner part of the administration at this point? Trump should have made him in charge of a resort or something to begin with. He would probably still have found a way to continue to be a liability. It's like every time the name Kushner is brought up, it is accompanied by a face palm moment.

Posted on: 10/4 1:12 am

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Why the heck is Kushner part of the administration at this point? Trump should have made him in charge of a resort or something to begin with. He would probably still have found a way to continue to be a liability. It's like every time the name Kushner is brought up, it is accompanied by a face palm moment.

Good question. Also - why would anyone support a President who is so blatantly corrupt in placing close family members in positions of power with no oversight / confirmation of their qualifications to uphold the best interests of the American people?

Posted on: 10/4 7:49 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Good question. Also - why would anyone support a President who is so blatantly corrupt in placing close family members in positions of power with no oversight / confirmation of their qualifications to uphold the best interests of the American people?

Whoa! Don't get crazy. Of course designing handbags makes you an expert on [whatever she does].

Posted on: 10/4 11:35 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
Quote:

EERY wrote:

If Kushner is this much as a liability in public, imagine what a buffoon he is in private, day to day stuff.

The more time he spends screwing up in politics the less time he's ruining the Trump family business. I wouldn't put that dude in charge of a McDonald's.

Posted on: 10/5 9:01 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Sad but true

Posted on: 10/5 11:47 am

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Like a Kennedy over the Justice Department? Like that?

You know how the Kennedy family got its wealth?

Posted on: 10/5 6:44 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Well it's not like it was a focal point of the campaign or anything. Nothing to see here. TOTALLY different. Move along.

Yes, it's TOTALLY different. He has a penis and he is conservative.

Posted on: 10/5 7:19 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-myth-of-joe-kennedys-bootlegging

Posted on: 10/6 1:07 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:

Yes, it's TOTALLY different. He has a penis and he is conservative.

You forgot to mention his skin color and that he is Jewish. Stay classy Soap Box.

Posted on: 10/6 1:12 am

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-myth-of-joe-kennedys-bootlegging

I think I would hardly call it a myth. The fact that you can't find any evidence to support that he did means he was good at it. If there is evidence you are committing a crime and a crime at a level that nets you MILLIONS of dollars in the 1930's you had better be pretty good otherwise we would have had to talk about Joe Kennedy the convict.

1. Even this article admits connections to organized crime.
2. When prohibition ends he has the contacts in the alcohol and organized crime arenas to make lots of money very quickly. Convenient. Those types of things don't normally happen over night. The article you posted doesn't really address the whole issue just the importation part. I am sure his importation ties went beyond Roosevelt parading him around.
3. Even if you say he wasn't a bootlegger you have to admit the Kennedy family was VERY chummy with the mob to the point of many trips during the Presidency to Las Vegas (Which at the time was built with mob money and union retirement funds....run through the mob)

Sorry but my momma always told me......if you run with the pigs the stink is going to rub off.

EDIT: I would like to say that I think that Joe Kennedy was a person that was not detestable. I think through his life he realized that he had "taken" and that his kids and he needed to give back. I don't think he was an evil person like a Whitey Bulger, etc. But I do believe that he got his money from ill gotten gains.

Posted on: 10/6 7:04 am

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

The Attorney General at least goes through confirmation hearings, unlike Jared or Ivanka.

Posted on: 10/6 8:11 am

Suspected Punter
From Bluefield,WV/Raleigh,NC
401k has gained 40 thousand since Trump! God Bless America's Leader!

Posted on: 10/6 11:34 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

usaraywv wrote:
401k has gained 40 thousand since Trump! God Bless America's Leader!

Awesome bold statement with no context whatsoever!

My Edward Jones accounts that averaged 12% last year are tracking at 7.5% this year. So per your criteria Trump sucks.

Talk to me about rate of return and how it has sooooo gone up under Trump. Not saying that you're talking out your anus...maybe I need to talk to your financial advisor.

Posted on: 10/6 6:19 pm

Suspected Punter
From Bluefield,WV/Raleigh,NC
i still got 40k extra in my 401k account since January. So my anus shits in tall cotton! My Edwards Jones gave me 11 last year and 9.5 so far this year. This is the internet We don't need no stinking context!

Posted on: 10/9 10:29 am

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

usaraywv wrote:
i still got 40k extra in my 401k account since January. So my anus shits in tall cotton! My Edwards Jones gave me 11 last year and 9.5 so far this year. This is the internet We don't need no stinking context!

Well, get ready for the plunge if the tax cuts pass and Trump effects his other economic policies.

Posted on: 10/9 11:49 am

Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg,WV
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Awesome how conservatives are no longer outraged by use of a private e-mail server.

Just sayin'

Just your standard, political hypocrisy. At this point I'm more concerned about their public use of political office.

Posted on: 10/11 5:45 am

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:

Just sayin'

As a non-conservative and non-liberal I would say that you can't really use this argument. You guys spent so much time explaining why it didn't matter and now you have appropriately educated the masses that it isn't a crime so we can all move on now, right?

She didn't place those materials in a place that one could expect them to be taken. That is how you guys explained it to me. She didn't place the information in a "wreckless" place where it could be expected to be stolen.

Of course, neither did Harold T. Martin III he kept it all at his house but apparently he is probably going to jail over the information he has.

Now that we know more the extent that Hillary was able to be hacked I wonder how you can reconcile her storage of data. All the Russians (or anyone for that matter) needed to do to get her data was pretty much just ask for her passwords. When you realize how stupid our current President is and you realize that the Clinton posse was even dumber you realize how bad a situation our country is in.

Mind you that I don't think this is the same in the least because there is no evidence that there was secret information stored or passed through Kushner's email but knock yourself out "attempting" to show hypocrisy. We do know that Hillary Clinton had actual secret information on her personal email server.

Posted on: 10/11 10:07 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:

Just sayin'

As a non-conservative and non-liberal I would say that you can't really use this argument. You guys spent so much time explaining why it didn't matter and now you have appropriately educated the masses that it isn't a crime so we can all move on now, right?

She didn't place those materials in a place that one could expect them to be taken. That is how you guys explained it to me. She didn't place the information in a "wreckless" place where it could be expected to be stolen.

Of course, neither did Harold T. Martin III he kept it all at his house but apparently he is probably going to jail over the information he has.

Move on? Screw that. If she broke law then charge her. That's how it works. As I recall, our awesome leader promised to do just that during the election. Funny how that all goes away once the election is over.

Trey Gowdy and Chaffetz should have to reimburse the US taxpayers for the millions that they spent to win an election with their charade. Hell, Chaffetz quit congress when he could no longer make a name for himself bashing Hillary.

If liberals can't make the argument that it is illegal because of their Hillary defense then conservatives can't make the argument that it isn't important because of the mouth frothing way they went after Hillary. You voice a double standard in my opinion.

Quote:

brobison wrote:

Now that we know more the extent that Hillary was able to be hacked I wonder how you can reconcile her storage of data. All the Russians (or anyone for that matter) needed to do to get her data was pretty much just ask for her passwords. When you realize how stupid our current President is and you realize that the Clinton posse was even dumber you realize how bad a situation our country is in.

Even dumber? How so? Trump's crew found a topic and drove it home with great effectiveness for several months...then did the same thing themselves. That seems "even dumber" to me.

Quote:

brobison wrote:

Mind you that I don't think this is the same in the least because there is no evidence that there was secret information stored or passed through Kushner's email but knock yourself out "attempting" to show hypocrisy. We do know that Hillary Clinton had actual secret information on her personal email server.

Really? Wow. So what is your proof that there was no secret information for Kushner?

Seems to me that we'll need him to turn over every single email on his account. That's standard procedure, right? And of course he won't remove any personal emails because that's what evil Hillary did.

Hypocrisy is dripping all over this. Sure it comes from both sides but to give conservatives a pass for silence over their #1 campaign talking point is funny.

Posted on: 10/11 1:16 pm

(1) 2 3 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved