We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3)

Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Funny how you bend over with the assumptions about Trump administration emails.

"Oh, it's a passthrough server for Trump...but Clinton's folks were incapable of securing a server..." (even though the only known breach was via phishing). All of this with no sources other than "from what I understand".

I say they need to investigate and I'm a moron. Another person says what about emails moved to Trump servers and you backpeddle with "I'm not saying you're wrong...they need to investigate...".

Edit: sorry, you did provide a source earlier. Didn't work out too well, did it?

Posted on: 10/13 10:09 pm

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

brobison wrote:

In Kushner's situation none of the emails he sent were classified.

Please show the proof to this statement that you keep presenting as a fact.

Open in new window

Posted on: 10/18 11:20 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

brobsison wrote:

It sounds as if these were emails that had government business content but were more like....attach the info......"get a load of this". That type stuff.

Straight from the Donald Trump school of debate, lol. "From what I've heard" is not a legitimate source. Where is your source that these types of emails were 100% of the emails in question?

Open in new window

Quote:

brobsison wrote:

By all means it should be investigated but at this point I don't think there should be any outrage until more facts come in. As stupid as these morons are I can't see them being that dumb. I have been wrong before.

Wow, this is just all over the place. By all means it should be investigated but those of us that think it should be investigated are morons?

Open in new window

Quote:

brobsison wrote:

There is a big difference between traffic going through a server and residing on that server. I don't know how systems are set up in this administration...

As a 27 year IT professional, would you ever set up a high profile passthrough server with no logging or audit data? So when Donnie Jr. calls you at 2am screaming about his missing Russia email you have no data to cover your butt?

Of course you wouldn't unless explicitly told to do so.

Quote:

brobsison wrote:

...but state secrets regularly go through regular systems as a pass-thru.

Sounds impressive. Source? Purpose? Why does this regular activity apply to private Trump servers?

Lots of words...not many that support your assertions.

Posted on: 10/18 11:56 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:

Open in new window

Since you can't prove something didn't happen how about you prove that there are classified emails. In order to be classified emails....they need to be classified. Do you have a source that says they were? Who classified them?

The New York Times article clearly shows government officials who state a clear difference between Clinton and Kushner.....but knock yourself out making a big deal about it.

If we want to go to this level are you trying to tell me that any government official doesn't occasionally send an email about work through their personal email? Yeah.....I am sure you are right....they never do.

Posted on: 10/19 10:05 am

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:
Wow, this is just all over the place. By all means it should be investigated but those of us that think it should be investigated are morons?

Didn't call people who want to investigate it morons. Maybe you should read what was said without reading into the comments.

Quote:
As a 27 year IT professional, would you ever set up a high profile passthrough server with no logging or audit data? So when Donnie Jr. calls you at 2am screaming about his missing Russia email you have no data to cover your butt?

Not an IT professional. I am a COMPUTER SCIENTIST. IT professionals are responsible for about 90% of the problems I have. At the same time it doesn't mean I don't know how networks work and how to set them up.

If truly top secret messages come through a pass thru server you won't know the contents of that message or even who it is from or where it is going.

Quote:
Sounds impressive. Source? Purpose? Why does this regular activity apply to private Trump servers?

It's how the internet works. I am not going to cite how the internet works. If you don't understand the basics of how data gets from one side of the world to the other side of the world I can't help you there. Maybe take a basic class on the basis of the internet architecture.

Lot's of secret data goes through servers that are unsecured. When I was an undergrad at WVU there was a computer system out by the airport that while I don't know the contents of the messages I do know that top secret data went through that system all of the time on its way to other systems. You do realize that packets on the internet are broken up and that the path that those packets take is non-deterministic, right?

I assure you that if top secret data goes through your system you will never know the contents of that data.

Posted on: 10/19 10:16 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

brobison wrote:

This is what is wrong with this country. The morons on either side can't even come up with their OWN outrage anymore. They have to rehash the same crap.

Didn't call people wanting to investigate morons? Sorry just going by what you posted. Per the thread topic, the outrage is lack of outrage for email use on the right.

Posted on: 10/24 11:25 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

brobison wrote:

Not an IT professional. I am a COMPUTER SCIENTIST. IT professionals are responsible for about 90% of the problems I have. At the same time it doesn't mean I don't know how networks work and how to set them up.

lol, well crap...that's all you had to say. I make my money getting things done and being efficient in the application of my expertise.

Open in new window

Quote:

brobison wrote:

If truly top secret messages come through a pass thru server you won't know the contents of that message or even who it is from or where it is going.

And who in their right mind would set up this server? Hey y'all, our servers are being used for totally innocent government high security content!

The gubment is not passing info through my servers...and neither are the Trump IT folks.

Stumbling all over yourself bruh.

Posted on: 10/24 11:37 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

brobison wrote:

It's how the internet works. I am not going to cite how the internet works. If you don't understand the basics of how data gets from one side of the world to the other side of the world I can't help you there. Maybe take a basic class on the basis of the internet architecture.

Ha! Deal with it every day. It is literally my my job description. Please try to school me!

Quote:

brobison wrote:

Lot's of secret data goes through servers that are unsecured. When I was an undergrad at WVU there was a computer system out by the airport that while I don't know the contents of the messages I do know that top secret data went through that system all of the time on its way to other systems. You do realize that packets on the internet are broken up and that the path that those packets take is non-deterministic, right?

I assure you that if top secret data goes through your system you will never know the contents of that data.

Lol, nope.

Posted on: 10/24 11:48 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:

Open in new window

Since you can't prove something didn't happen how about you prove that there are classified emails. In order to be classified emails....they need to be classified. Do you have a source that says they were? Who classified them?

I don't have to prove anything! I'm only asking for an investigation. You are defending the unknown...not me!

Posted on: 10/24 11:53 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:

Open in new window

I don't have to prove anything! I'm only asking for an investigation. You are defending the unknown...not me!

Citation needed to prove they were classified emails. You bitch about citations every time you are proven wrong but I've honestly never seen you personally defend yourself with facts, any shreds of proof, or any citations. Nobody on this site owes you anything until you can provide proof of your claims. You actually haven't posted just 1 link proving they are classified. So why does Brobison have to provide a link proving they aren't? (Of course they aren't) would you accept his answer if he posted a shitty meme?

Posted on: 10/25 12:03 am

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:

Open in new window

Citation needed to prove they were classified emails. You bitch about citations every time you are proven wrong but I've honestly never seen you personally defend yourself with facts, any shreds of proof, or any citations. Nobody on this site owes you anything until you can provide proof of your claims. You actually haven't posted just 1 link proving they are classified. So why does Brobison have to provide a link proving they aren't? (Of course they aren't) would you accept his answer if he posted a shitty meme?

I assure you he doesn't know dick about how the internet works. Every time he says something about how servers work he just digs a deeper hole.

The belief that somehow the government routes secret data through something other than the web itself shows a complete lack of understanding how it works.

By routing data through the web is what makes the internet a robust network. The defense department invented it FOR THAT PURPOSE!

I always suspected that IT didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Now I know it.

EDIT: Actually I did show a citation that it was private emails for work purpose that was stated in a New York Times article. It had the latest as to what is known. Frankly, if passing work related information on private email accounts is a big problem in and of itself about 75% of federal workers will be looking for a job. It happens frequently.

Posted on: 10/25 11:45 am

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:

Open in new window

Hahahaha! I see no calls for an investigation. We started this because you were outraged that he had a server. When I stated there was not a server but a work use of private email you started acting like the king of setting up a server. Dude if you can't tell the difference between a server and an email account you need to find a different line of work. Don't turn it into some other issue.

My software is encrypting transactions across the internet as we speak. The transactions are passing through private servers all over the world.....right along with state secrets and my transactions and the state secrets are perfectly protected.

I have NEVER once said not to investigate. But AT THIS POINT to try and compare this to Hillary is idiotic at best. That is what you initially tried to do.

Posted on: 10/25 11:51 am

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:

Ha! Deal with it every day. It is literally my my job description. Please try to school me!

Quote:

brobison wrote:

Lol, nope.

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Can_ ... ckets_at_destination_node

Read the Boeing guys answer. I guess he is full of **** too. He clearly states you can't know the path your packet will take.

Posted on: 10/25 11:56 am

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Here is a paper on network routing packets.

http://page.math.tu-berlin.de/~skutella/WAOA09-lncs.pdf

The crux of the matter is that packet routing is an NP hard problem.

That means non-deterministic polynomial time hardness.

Now explain to me how it is deterministic for you.

Posted on: 10/25 12:03 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Awesome how conservatives are no longer outraged by use of a private e-mail server.

Just sayin'

Well since we've established the fact that these emails Kushner sent were not said to be classified, could we get a retraction of the insinuation of conservatives being hypocritical over this situation? Perhaps some certain poster who's avatar has been used to craft mines. Ya know, since we aren't exactly comparing apples to apples here. From what I read, the emails were mostly replies to emails originally sent to him in his personal email.

Posted on: 10/25 1:04 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:
And who in their right mind would set up this server? Hey y'all, our servers are being used for totally innocent government high security content!

The gubment is not passing info through my servers...and neither are the Trump IT folks.

Stumbling all over yourself bruh

Nah perfectly stable....If your servers are a node on the internet, you could have content moving through them. You don't control what passes thru your servers. If you did the internet wouldn't work dumbass. See? Everyone could say.....don't pass data through me that doesn't originate with me or end with me? So now we have an interconnected network of computers that don't route data. See how stupid that is? Not much of a network huh bruh?

Just because YOU don't do it doesn't mean it isn't done. I assure you that many institutions that are private have data going through them from one location to another.

Municipal networks, education networks, private company networks, all of these are nodes on the internet and pass traffic through them. They are not secured nor do most of the people working on them have security clearances. SOME of that traffic is secret. It isn't like every time the defense department wants to send a secret email from their location to a new person that they lay a new single use line. Do you really not understand that? Or are you just being obstinate to prove a non-existent point?

Posted on: 10/25 1:21 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobsison wrote:

It sounds as if these were emails that had government business content but were more like....attach the info......"get a load of this". That type stuff.

Straight from the Donald Trump school of debate, lol. "From what I've heard" is not a legitimate source. Where is your source that these types of emails were 100% of the emails in question?

Open in new window

Quote:

brobsison wrote:

By all means it should be investigated but at this point I don't think there should be any outrage until more facts come in. As stupid as these morons are I can't see them being that dumb. I have been wrong before.

Open in new window

Quote:

brobsison wrote:

There is a big difference between traffic going through a server and residing on that server. I don't know how systems are set up in this administration...

Quote:

brobsison wrote:

...but state secrets regularly go through regular systems as a pass-thru.

I don't know, but people are saying that brobsison molests chipmunks for pleasure and profit.

Posted on: 11/19 6:10 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:
I don't know, but people are saying that brobsison molests chipmunks for pleasure and profit.

Nah....no pleasure. Just profit. There is a whole burgeoning chipmunk sex traffic ring that makes human trafficking look like child's play.

Posted on: 11/19 11:09 pm

« 1 2 (3)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved