« 1 2 (3)

Re: White and Slaton feel unwelcome at WVU
Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

Xanthophyll wrote:
Quote:

WVUswim wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnatio ... on/pitt-west-virginia/amp

That’s the link to the article. Will bring up nightmares for us. Schmidt’s comments, read into them what you will. They are towards the end.

Thank you sir, interesting read, and sounds like he had a similar view. I also seem to recall from that season that Slaton would also miss quite a few quarters due to reoccurring issues with his legs and cramping.

The other great unsolved mystery...

Posted on: 11/10 11:19 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

Xanthophyll wrote:
Quote:

WVUswim wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnatio ... on/pitt-west-virginia/amp

That’s the link to the article. Will bring up nightmares for us. Schmidt’s comments, read into them what you will. They are towards the end.

Thank you sir, interesting read, and sounds like he had a similar view. I also seem to recall from that season that Slaton would also miss quite a few quarters due to reoccurring issues with his legs and cramping.

Btw here is the link to PW comments from 2013. No wonder he doesn’t feel welcome, frankly, Dana has every right to not welcome him. Didn’t realize he did his multiple times. After Dana asked him to address the team.

http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/23 ... ull-the-plug-on-holgorsen

Posted on: 11/10 11:23 pm

Party Machine
From Northern WV
Quote:

JerseyAlum wrote:
Quote:

jjmwvu wrote:
Let's be real here: present day Mountaineer football is the house Pat and Steve built. It didn't sound like they were making unreasonable requests. If the school wants to get all these guys together from across the country for basically one weekend, I don't think it's too much to ask for it to be better organized and worth their time. We at the very least owe them that. Pretty disappointing to hear.

To a degree that's very true, but what I think Pat and Steve need to realize is that they are the ones that get their pictures in the weight room and so on. They are the ones who will get recognized if they were walking through the blue lot on gameday. Pat and Steve (and Owen Schmitt) were the marquee players on those teams but there's a lot of other players who did a lot to also build that house that don't get mentioned. The casual fans in the blue lot would not spot Mike Dent or Ryan Stanchek or Darius Reynaud or Antonio Lewis Or Eric Wicks the way that Pat and Steve would be.

I do think it's unfortunate if they are not getting the recognition they deserve, but Pat White should keep in mind that very few will remember the guy who was snapping him the ball and opening up running lanes for him. Just saying they should try to keep things in better perspective.

I guess I said "Pat and Steve" for simplicity. Really the team and players from that era would have been a more appropriate way to describe the group. I think Darius might have been one of the most underrated players in WVU history. Or at least my WVU history.

Posted on: 11/11 1:48 am

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

jjmwvu wrote:
Quote:

JerseyAlum wrote:
Quote:

jjmwvu wrote:
Let's be real here: present day Mountaineer football is the house Pat and Steve built. It didn't sound like they were making unreasonable requests. If the school wants to get all these guys together from across the country for basically one weekend, I don't think it's too much to ask for it to be better organized and worth their time. We at the very least owe them that. Pretty disappointing to hear.

To a degree that's very true, but what I think Pat and Steve need to realize is that they are the ones that get their pictures in the weight room and so on. They are the ones who will get recognized if they were walking through the blue lot on gameday. Pat and Steve (and Owen Schmitt) were the marquee players on those teams but there's a lot of other players who did a lot to also build that house that don't get mentioned. The casual fans in the blue lot would not spot Mike Dent or Ryan Stanchek or Darius Reynaud or Antonio Lewis Or Eric Wicks the way that Pat and Steve would be.

I do think it's unfortunate if they are not getting the recognition they deserve, but Pat White should keep in mind that very few will remember the guy who was snapping him the ball and opening up running lanes for him. Just saying they should try to keep things in better perspective.

I guess I said "Pat and Steve" for simplicity. Really the team and players from that era would have been a more appropriate way to describe the group. I think Darius might have been one of the most underrated players in WVU history. Or at least my WVU history.

Yeah, I remember watching a game from the 2007 season and one of the announcers was talking about a discussion he had with RichRod and the announcer asked him who was the best athlete he had on offense, Pat White Or Steve Slaton. RichRod told him - actually, it's Darius Reynaud.

Posted on: 11/12 6:43 pm

Noob
From Elkins
My personal feelings on the matter is F!!! Pat White, we don't need these distractions just because you haven't like Dana from the beginning. You talked all kinds of crap when he was hired, second of all I personally will never forgive you for sitting out two quarters against PITT to go to the National Title with a hurt Pu$$y on your non throwing hand. Fiesta bowl win shouldn't even existed because we could or should have had a National Championship. Pat and Rich can both go to you know where.

Posted on: 11/13 11:28 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
tell us how you really feel

Posted on: 11/13 8:07 pm

Pitt Hater
From Southwest VA ... via Pleasants County, USA
Quote:

Nucci1 wrote:
My personal feelings on the matter is F!!! Pat White, we don't need these distractions just because you haven't like Dana from the beginning. You talked all kinds of crap when he was hired, second of all I personally will never forgive you for sitting out two quarters against PITT to go to the National Title with a hurt Pu$$y on your non throwing hand. Fiesta bowl win shouldn't even existed because we could or should have had a National Championship. Pat and Rich can both go to you know where.

Can stick it right there, good buddy. If it wasn't for Pat White, Dickrod would now be coaching at Marshall and we'd still be talking about the glory days with Marc Bulgur, even though we'd probably be one of the best teams in C-USA.

Posted on: 11/13 8:32 pm

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
Pat n Steve made dickrod
and Owen made them*

*yes yes the line too

phuck dickrod
Lets GOoooooo Mountaineers !

Posted on: 11/13 9:21 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
I sneezed and nobody blessed me.

Phucking WHAAAAAAAA.

Posted on: 11/13 10:32 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
[quote]
Proud2BanEer wrote:

Phucking WHAAAAAAAA.[/quote]

LOL

I'm gonna show this post to my wife next time I fail to bless her sneeze. Good lord you'd think I pissed on the Pope.

When she starts harping, I usually give her a hardy guzuntight. That usually quiets her down to a scow.

Posted on: 11/13 10:36 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Proud2BanEer wrote:

Phucking WHAAAAAAAA.

LOL

I'm gonna show this post to my wife next time I fail to bless her sneeze. Good lord you'd think I pissed on the Pope.

When she starts harping, I usually give her a hardy guzuntight. That usually quiets her down to a scow.

Don't blame me if the outcome sucks!

Posted on: 11/13 10:44 pm

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
I love Pat White, the football player, but I've never really been a big Pat White, the person, fan. No, I don't know him personally, but, he was supposed to be a leader. Was a leader on the field, but not necessarily off of it. A lot of things he has said, and the way he has said them, have left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak. Reminds me of a pampered child that needs changed. lol. Love Owen. Nothing will change that. Steve, I don't guess I have an opinion about him. I'm away from WV, and haven't read where he's said anything either good or bad about WVU in a long time..

Posted on: 11/14 1:48 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Quote:

MichaelJLucasWV wrote:
I love Pat White, the football player, but I've never really been a big Pat White, the person, fan. No, I don't know him personally, but, he was supposed to be a leader. Was a leader on the field, but not necessarily off of it. A lot of things he has said, and the way he has said them, have left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak. Reminds me of a pampered child that needs changed. lol. Love Owen. Nothing will change that. Steve, I don't guess I have an opinion about him. I'm away from WV, and haven't read where he's said anything either good or bad about WVU in a long time..

A framed pic and jersey hangs in my sports room right beside one each for Jerry West. Always will, with that said I had to unfollow Pat on twitter. couldn't handle it, and I knew I'd end up not liking the guy.

Posted on: 11/17 11:09 am

I-79 Alumni

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Quote:

Proud2BanEer wrote:

Phucking WHAAAAAAAA.

Open in new window

Posted on: 11/17 11:10 am