TX A&M
Arizona State

Dan Mullen to Florida
Greg Schiano to Tennessee

Posted on: 11/26 4:51 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Head coach vacancies
Grant Ave. Warrior
What in the **** hell is going on in college football right now??

Posted on: 11/26 5:29 pm

Makin' it Rain
There are also reports out if Texas news outlets that Jimbo Fisher is headed to TX AM for $7.5M per year

Posted on: 11/26 5:36 pm

Pitt Hater
Crazy. Let's hope Dana stays put. Really couldn't see anybody come calling for him with the record he's had against ranked opponents.

Posted on: 11/26 5:57 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
TBH if Dana left, I wouldn't be upset, I think he's done well in buidling depth and recruiting, but hiring Spatival and returning to Air Raid is not the direction WVU should go.
I just feel we'd be suprised how many coaches out there would be interested in being given the opportunity to coach at WVU.

If he stays, I'm fine with that too. JUst hope we concentrate on run game more.

Posted on: 11/26 6:36 pm

Makin' it Rain
Tennessee fans have officially lost their minds.

Protesting the hire of Schiano, citing his connection to the Jerry Sandusky scandal at Penn State.

Sounds more like a bunch of good ole boys upset with a Yankee running their program.

Posted on: 11/26 6:45 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
UT is a circus right now. Reports now that Schiano is actually backing out of the deal because of twitter backlash from UT fans. I wouldn't be happy (with Schiano) either but they're (the fans) the reason why every other coach they've approached has turned them down. Multiple reports that coaches are turned off because of the climate created by the fanbase, according to their own fanbase! Some people are actually calling for the return of Lane Kiffin.

Posted on: 11/26 6:57 pm

RadioShark wrote:
This game has been so thisisridic!

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
SChiano is awful. I hope he stays at Tenn, that way WVU can get an easy win.

I think back to 2008 when RichRod left, and we were interested in Jimbo, but FSU kind of blocked us. Really wish we pursued him still, throwing whatever at him to make him come. He ended up being an OC for two more years before taking over as HC in 2010. I just think with the team we had in 2008 if Jimbo had been the coach, we could of gone alot further.

Posted on: 11/26 7:07 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
With all of these firings I wonder if there is a way WVU can benefit by picking someone up off of one of these staffs that is now jobless, namely Tom Bradley. I don't want to see Tony Gibson go at all, but Tom Bradley was here a few years ago and our defense saw an immediate upswing in talent and ability. He could be a really great hire if he was willing to take a step back into a role like he was here previously as a DL or LB coach.

Posted on: 11/26 7:52 pm

RadioShark wrote:
This game has been so thisisridic!

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

thisisridic wrote:
With all of these firings I wonder if there is a way WVU can benefit by picking someone up off of one of these staffs that is now jobless, namely Tom Bradley. I don't want to see Tony Gibson go at all, but Tom Bradley was here a few years ago and our defense saw an immediate upswing in talent and ability. He could be a really great hire if he was willing to take a step back into a role like he was here previously as a DL or LB coach.

He's 62 years old, from Pennsylvania, I could see him realistically coming back, boy he's a force at recruiting the western PA area, really wish we had him for more than a season, because he is a helluva coach, insane he never got a HC gig. I think if he were to take a step back though he'd probably end up on Franklin's staff at Penn State right, since it's his alma mater? Who knows, I'd love him back in Morgantown.

Posted on: 11/26 9:07 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
I love Gibby, he was in his first days of being a student assistant when I came to Glenville. Kept in touch and coached against him down in Kentucky. But I'd like to see a change in D. The 3-3-5 has been a pain in our ass forever. Can't stop the run and can't stop 3rd and long. Gibby needs to start studying the 4-2-5 4-4 4-3 or anything with four down lineman. Between the incoming class and the kids here they have enough quality guys to do it. But Dana has become more stubborn than Bill. It's like watching Bill all over again. A predictable offense and no sign what so ever of the team getting better as the year goes by.

Posted on: 11/26 11:13 pm

I-79 Alumni

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Whoops

Posted on: 11/26 11:38 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Quote:

southwvboy wrote:
I love Gibby, he was in his first days of being a student assistant when I came to Glenville. Kept in touch and coached against him down in Kentucky. But I'd like to see a change in D. The 3-3-5 has been a pain in our ass forever. Can't stop the run and can't stop 3rd and long. Gibby needs to start studying the 4-2-5 4-4 4-3 or anything with four down lineman. Between the incoming class and the kids here they have enough quality guys to do it. But Dana has become more stubborn than Bill. It's like watching Bill all over again. A predictable offense and no sign what so ever of the team getting better as the year goes by.

We don't have enough DLmen to run a 3 man front...yet people think we should run a 4 man front?

I'll never understand that logic.

The biggest problem I have with how Gibby is running the stack is, he's not stacking the LBs over the DL. They all come up to the line, including the spur/bandit DB....then we have 7 people flat on the line....there's no 2nd line of defense until you get to the safeties.

Posted on: 11/27 8:45 am

Pitt Hater
From Athens GA
Quite a few rumors about DH flying around down here. He's apparently a more desirable coach than you might think.

Posted on: 11/27 9:16 am

Noob
DH is average at best. Who does he beat? Wins some of the games he's supposed to win and loses all games he supposed to lose. A good coach wins regardless. Look at Huggs. Not a ton of talent this year and he will win his share of games. Let another coach have Huggs talent and see how many they would win. Our run and pass defense is horrible. No speed at all and after the 1st quarter the D line is gassed. Can't play 3 DL the whole game and expect any pass rush at all. David Long is way overrated too. All David does is guess every play where the rush is going and when he guesses right he gets a TFL but mostly when he guesses wrong there is a huge gain on his side of the field. Love his motor but he has to stay in his area and not be in the backfield with nobody there. Kansas and Baylor went wild against us and they are horrible on both sides of the ball. Offense has been atrocious too with or without Will. Pile big yards and points against FBS type schools and do very little against Big 12 opponents.

Posted on: 11/27 9:34 am

Makin' it Rain
He's desirable bc he puts offenses together that have 3 1k WRs and rbs totaling closing to 2k. You combine that with an existing d coordinator in a region of the country or conference known for defense and you have a wet dream. As I've been saying, someone is going to snatch him from us and he is going to make our whiney fans look very bad. Just as the Tennessee fans look now.

Posted on: 11/27 9:57 am

Here for the Beer
From Fairmont WV
Does anyone think Jimbo Fisher will leave FSU and take the A&M job? And what about Arizona State firing a coach for 7 wins to hire a coach who only had 7 wins. Tennessee just keeps digging themselves a hole. Who would want to take on that program with their delusional fans.

Posted on: 11/27 12:54 pm

Suspected Punter
From Morgantown, WV
I love Dana and Gibby as our head of coaching. Sometimes I can do without Spav (I actually enjoyed play calling more last season than this season) but overall he's fine. But to do away with the 3-3-5 is absurd. It's such a great fluid mosaic/hybrid defense that's hard to prepare for (kinda like prepping for a triple option team). The answer isn't to get 4 down lineman, it's to improve on the talent up front and develop experience, which is happening if you havent paid attention to recruiting. Our starting DL last year with Nwachwuku, Brown, Howard was great we just didn't have depth...it was a strong reason why we were successful on D. We lost a lot from last year's D and we're returning a lot of pieces next season paired with a strong recruiting class (maybe the best one in the past decade). Be patient...the talent is coming.

PS - not to mention veteran QBs like Mayfield and Rudolph will be gone which make our D scheme that much juicier when next season match-ups roll around

Our fanbase can be so delusional. We have rebuilding years, get over it and manage your expectations.The consecutive BCS bowls and 10 win seasons were due to playing in a trash Big East conference and special talents that don't come by every year. Some of y'all are spoiled brats. I'm happy with the direction of the program and where we're currently at with coaching staff. Be thankful we're not Tennessee (yikes) or schools like Baylor who are rebounding from serious allegations/violations and firings.

Posted on: 11/27 1:02 pm

Suspected Punter
From Morgantown, WV
Note: the last rant was extension from what I see on social media so don't get offended if you think I was targeting your replies to the thread. Cheers, beers, and let's go Mountaineers.

Posted on: 11/27 1:04 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Yeah, our 3-3-5 is so great and difficult to prepare for that va tech beat us without ever seeing it and they had a freshman quarterback playing in his first game. Virginia tech is not a great football team. It's a **** defense that only works against inferior competition.

Posted on: 11/27 1:14 pm

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved