Alabama. 11-1

Ohio State 2 losses
Whiskey. Just lost to Ohio State
USC too many losses
Auburn. No
TCU. No
Miami. No

Those look like the 4 best to me

Just my opinion but I don't think they will allow Alabama in. I think they learned their lesson with Ohio State last year. OSU didn't even score a point. I think the committee will choose Ohio State over Alabama. You could very easily say that Alabama lost to Georgia too. The Auburn game wasn't really close.

How about pissing everyone off and allowing UCF in on their undefeated season? Do I think they are one of the four best? I don't really know but I do know no one has proven that they are better than them this year. Can't say that for the rest of the people.

The fourth team could be considered irrelevant. I really think this may belong to either Clemson, Oklahoma or Georgia. So I say give it to the Knights!

Posted on: 12/3/2017 12:17 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Top 4????
Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Espn trying to figure out how to get Bama and OSU in.

I can't wait to see Baker against a real defense, the best defenses are all in the top 4.

Posted on: 12/3/2017 1:21 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Well since osu is always a first. First team in with a loss to under 500 team, first team in to not win conference championship game or make it to conference championship game, they will probably be the first 2 loss team in.

Posted on: 12/3/2017 2:01 am

Pitt Hater
OSU with two bad losses and a squeaker against a lousy Wisconsin is not deserving. OSU is not even close in my eyes. Losing to Oklahoma and being favored over them during the polling shows the politics of the AP voters and coaches. The public will be pissed if they trump Alabama with one loss. The SEC deserves two teams this year as this conference is the best.

Posted on: 12/3/2017 8:30 am

Pitt Hater
The past admission of OSU into the CFP without a conference championship shows that the committee can not make a conference title the x-factor.

Posted on: 12/3/2017 8:33 am

Pitt Hater
If OSU blew out Wisconsin by a large margin then they could justify picking them with the peaking performance argument but the Championship game showed the flaws of both teams with the turnovers and lack of confidences in the offenses by the coaches. That was an ugly game to watch and showed how bad the Big10 conference is this year.

Posted on: 12/3/2017 8:36 am

Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Ohio State lost by 31 to Iowa. They were outclassed at home by Oklahoma. Yeah, they beat PSU and Wisconsin, but look at the schedules of those teams. The Big 10 is artificially inflated this year.

Alabama has the track record so they will get in as the 4th "Best" team. I would like to see UCF get a shot. It won't happen but it would be fun

Posted on: 12/3/2017 9:05 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I'd like to see Bama get in, just so everyone's pissed at Big 10, then they'd force the playoffs to 8. Though I do think Ohio State gets chosen.
If we had 8 this year:
1-Clemson ACC champ 12-1- UCF Group of Five, AAC champ, 12-0
2- OU 12-1 Big 12 champ vs. PSU Big 10 at large 10-2
3- Georgia 12-1 SEC champ vs. USC 11-2 Pac 12 champ
4- Bama vs. Ohio ST. SEC at large 11-1, Big 12 champ 11-2

The 7th seed, though would be up for debate, I took PSU, bc they seem like better team than Wisky. Though Auburn would actually prob. be the best team, but they have three losses. Washington 10-2, very weak SOS. compared to PSU

Posted on: 12/3/2017 9:22 am

Pitt Hater
Having an 8 team playoff with all conferences represented would limit the Big 10 quibbling influences over the game and allow on-field play to decide the championship. I think with the exposed Big10 biases of the past and present, that there should be an awareness of the public's resentment toward the untoward favoritism granted OSU and cause the debate to open much-needed changes to the CFP system.

Let the rules be fair to all conferences and not favor the Big10.

Posted on: 12/3/2017 9:30 am

Pitt Hater
Kirk Herbstreit favors Alabama! Former OSU QB favors Alabama! Now that was a surprise. Kirk is being honest about the two bad losses and not masking them with quibble bs.

Posted on: 12/3/2017 9:40 am

Pitt Hater
From Burlington, KY via Webster Springs, WV
16 team. All conference champs are automatically in (12). Then add the next 4 from the college playoff committee rankings Then rank thenm

Posted on: 12/3/2017 9:53 am

Just win baby

WVUGRAD92 < all couch members

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Regional reallignment in 3. . 2. . 1

Posted on: 12/3/2017 9:59 am

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Grant Ave. Warrior
OSU should be in. I’ve watched them an Alabama a ton this year and IMO Ohio State is better. Their defensive line is better than the Browns. Barrett is a weakness but I think he’s similar to Hurts. Ohio St beat the pants off Wisky last night. Wisky got their points on a pick 6 and turnover. That game SHOULD have been 41-10. They beat PSU who is very good, Wisky and MSU badly. They have a bad loss for sure.

Alabama is not as dominant as they’ve been. They don’t pressure the QB as much as they have in the past and don’t create the havoc they used to with their front 7. They played very few ranked opponents and lost to one of them soundly.

Alabama would get crushed by Clemson. Ohio State can beat Clemson if Barrett avoids mistakes.

OSU should be in

Posted on: 12/3/2017 11:36 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
This may be the best thing to ever happen to WVU. If the B10 is left out again you can bet they’ll start a push for 5 conference champs in. It will be the champs and 3 WC or the champs, highest rated non-P5/ND/BYU

This benefits us. Even though our season was largely a disappointment, we had a chance, albeit slim, to make the B12 title game going into the last weekend. We CAN regularly compete for that 2nd spot. Now the B12 May do away with the title game under that format, but the NCAA could require it. It also open it up for us as a WC as we have finished in the top 8 numerous times but very rarely if ever (twice) finished in the top 4

From a realignment perspective, that would take away any incentive for OU and Texas to ever leave, this giving WVU permanent stability and a permanent seat at the big boys table, which is ultimately most important. Hell if they included the non-P5 in the playoff we could go to the AAC if the money was ever right, which is probably never will be

From a strictly WVU perspective, we should root for the B10 to get their champ screwed again

From a CFB fan perspective, we should want OSU in

Posted on: 12/3/2017 11:42 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

WVUswim wrote:

From a strictly WVU perspective, we should root for the B10 to get their champ screwed again

From a CFB fan perspective, we should want OSU in

If the goal is to just make the playoff then, maybe. If the goal is national championship then a 4 team playoff is more desirable. Going to a 4 team playoff from the BCS system probably killed any national title hopes anyway. I used to message the same thing when everyone was screaming for a playoff a few years ago. We can beat anybody in a one-off when we've been at our best. To beat 2 or 3 top teams in succession is not going to happen unless we see an in-flux of toptopTOP-level talent.

Posted on: 12/3/2017 12:43 pm

From Alkol, Lincoln County
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Regional reallignment in 3. . 2. . 1

don't tempt me.

Posted on: 12/3/2017 12:59 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
It was announced as follows:

Clemson
OU
Georgia
Alabama

Clemson plays Bama in the Sugar on Jan 1
OU plays Georgia on Jan 1 in the Rose

Champ game is Jan 8th

OSU and Whiskey are 5-6, respectively. Love B10 being shut out.

Posted on: 12/3/2017 1:00 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Pitt Hater
Quote:

WVUswim wrote:
OSU should be in. I’ve watched them an Alabama a ton this year and IMO Ohio State is better. Their defensive line is better than the Browns. Barrett is a weakness but I think he’s similar to Hurts. Ohio St beat the pants off Wisky last night. Wisky got their points on a pick 6 and turnover. That game SHOULD have been 41-10. They beat PSU who is very good, Wisky and MSU badly. They have a bad loss for sure.

Alabama is not as dominant as they’ve been. They don’t pressure the QB as much as they have in the past and don’t create the havoc they used to with their front 7. They played very few ranked opponents and lost to one of them soundly.

Alabama would get crushed by Clemson. Ohio State can beat Clemson if Barrett avoids mistakes.

OSU should be in

I've watched every Ohio State game this season. They are a carbon copy of last year's team, antiquated/predictable offense and a defense that cannot contain semi-mobile QBs. Top level talent for sure, but it's wasted on Offense. Their defensive line can get upfield quickly. Most of the offenses they see in the Big 10 have pocket passers so those lineman can pin their ears back on every play. They were exposed against a very good Oklahoma team and a mediocre team with a good gameplan and a QB that could pull it off. If you look at Ohio State's offense, they have every weapon imaginable but a coach that wants to run his QB up the middle 20 times a game. Meyer used the exact same approach a few years ago. What happens? Predictably, Barrett gets hurt and they have to change to a gameplan that doesn't involve as many QB runs but rather a downfield passing game. The result? National title. They have Cardale Jones' heir apparent in Haskins. Everyone in town here knows it. But coach wants to run Barrett repeatedly and then gets upset when he can't complete a precision pass 40 yards downfield when he's gassed. Meyer went to the well one too many times against Wisconsin last night and got incredibly lucky. If Barret goes down on that 4th and short play it's a different ballgame. The weird part is that the majority of Ohio State fans around me are still steamed about the Iowa loss and don't feel this team deserves a spot in the playoff. That's something for the most homeristic fanbase in the country.

I think Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Alabama would all run circles around Ohio State. Now, Ohio State versus USC in a major Bowl? That sells

Posted on: 12/3/2017 1:06 pm

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
Are we in Memphis?

Posted on: 12/3/2017 1:19 pm

(1) 2 3 »

Login
Username:

Password: