We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 »

Big 12 conference champion
Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
With Grier and Sills coming back and one of our best recruiting class coming in, do we have a better chance winning a Big 12 conference in football next season or basketball this year.

Posted on: 12/18 7:38 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Big 12 conference champion
Here for the Beer
From Canton Ohio via Wellsburg WV
Basketball. Until the football team can prove that the defense can stop Oklahoma we will not win a championship in football

Posted on: 12/18 8:26 pm

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
Alls I know is - Can't Wait till Next Year !

Posted on: 12/18 8:56 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Offense should be improved. Defense should be too. With the premier conference QB's leaving, we have a good shot at doing what we did this year, plus beating Texas and competing very closely with OSU, OU and TCU.

It should come down to those three teams as usual.

Posted on: 12/18 9:37 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Grant Ave. Warrior
From spencer
We are bringing back a full 1 deep and 2/3 of the two deep on offense. We need to have 2wr step up. One for 4 wide, one for depth. 2ol for depth, 1 rb for depth. We have allusion as next man up at qb. Offense is set. Defense needs a spur on the one deep and fill 1/2 the 2 deep. When was the last time we had one starting spot that we needed to fill. It has to be a good fearing for the coaches to be looking for 2 deep roosters not starters.

Other offenses are going to take a step back as our d peaks, our offense will just have to not score to quick. Even if they do our depth will be better and we can rotate to stay fresh. We make the conference champ game. Beyond that we will see.

Posted on: 12/18 10:18 pm

Suspected Punter
We have a loaded roster coming back next year, but Holgy needs to start winning big games. Roster was good enough this year for a better record and the team underachieved. I’m optimistic but need to see Holgy put it all together.

Posted on: 12/19 7:09 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I just don't think roster was good enough this year. CB spot was extremely weak and next season could be the same. I think they've done the best they can for next season in recruiting a bunch of guys and hoping one or two show promise. I think with the D-line being so strong for next season this will help the secondary and the fact 6 senior QB's will be gone from Big 12.

Posted on: 12/19 8:37 am

Suspected Punter
From Morgantown, WV
I think basketball this year. Our team still has a long ways to go but the rest of the Big 12 doesn't seem very intimidating.

I'm very excited about next football season, but let's wait to see how signing day turns out. There are some crucial verbal commits that we need to lock in. If we're successful then I think we can realistically expect 9+ wins out of this team.

Let's go Mountaineers!

Posted on: 12/19 9:36 am

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Offense should be improved. Defense should be too. With the premier conference QB's leaving, we have a good shot at doing what we did this year, plus beating Texas and competing very closely with OSU, OU and TCU.

It should come down to those three teams as usual.

Yes. Because with Mayfield gone, Oklahoma's backup took two whole plays to score on us. Imagine how we slow them down.

Posted on: 12/19 11:11 am

Pitt Hater
From Athens GA
I hope we win the next game.

Posted on: 12/19 6:29 pm

Party Machine
Sitting here watching FAU put up awesome numbers in a crazy offense. I wish ours was like that. We run about 3 different sets and all about 8 different plays I feel like. Our offense creativity was really lacking this past year

Posted on: 12/19 9:46 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
Quote:

jkmaynard wrote:
Sitting here watching FAU put up awesome numbers in a crazy offense. I wish ours was like that. We run about 3 different sets and all about 8 different plays I feel like. Our offense creativity was really lacking this past year

And IIRC, there was some boneheads on here discussing a few years agin the fatboy coaching Akron to possibly be the WVU HC.

Posted on: 12/19 10:17 pm

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
Not sure if anyone else saw this but David Sills will not enter the draft. Sorry if this is old news. Via his twitter acct.

Posted on: 12/19 11:04 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Quote:

MichaelJLucasWV wrote:
Not sure if anyone else saw this but David Sills will not enter the draft. Sorry if this is old news. Via his twitter acct.

yep, that is great news! Plus we have a couple of giraffes for Grier to throw to, unless we redshirt them.

Posted on: 12/20 2:55 pm

Party Machine
From Charlottesville, VA
I'm worried about our non conference schedule. Sorry but NC State and Tennessee are not going to be easy. We are over booking our non conference schedule while we have a gauntlet of 9 conference games. I can understand 1 power 5 non conference game but not 2 every year.

Posted on: 12/21 11:39 am

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

bababooey wrote:
I'm worried about our non conference schedule. Sorry but NC State and Tennessee are not going to be easy. We are over booking our non conference schedule while we have a gauntlet of 9 conference games. I can understand 1 power 5 non conference game but not 2 every year.

Yes. A Tennessee program that went 4-8 and got smoked by Vanderbilt.

A Tennessee program that almost literally couldn't find a coach that would take the position.

With all due respect.....if we lose to Tennessee next year we won't have to worry about going to a bowl because we won't win a game in the Big 12 except for Kansas.

NC State had a nice year but I wouldn't consider them any better than Virginia Tech.

If you want respect you have to put the Delaware State's away and play Power 5 programs. We have people on here saying we are going to compete for a Big 12 Championship. If that is the case we shouldn't be afraid to play these two programs. Not like we are scheduling Alabama and Clemson.

Posted on: 12/21 1:43 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I agree, lets play just one Power 5 OOC, why play 11 Power 5 teams, when teams like Bama only play 9.

Posted on: 12/21 4:09 pm

Pitt Hater
From Charleston, WV
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
I agree, lets play just one Power 5 OOC, why play 11 Power 5 teams, when teams like Bama only play 9.

Because we aren’t Bama. If we play non-conference garbage it will hurt us way more than Bama. We have to over-achieve just to get acknowledged. We should be playing 2 power 5 non- conference games every year and the 3rd should be respectable MAC/CUSA/etc programs.

Posted on: 12/21 6:42 pm
Forget what you learned in elementary school. The only ”participation trophy” you’re awarded from life is death. That’s the one thing we all get just for showing up. In the meantime, if you want something better, you have to earn it. - Matt Walsh

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
So when Washington played three patsies in OOC, last year but still made playoffs... They aren't Bama either. They had one power 5 team on schedule and it was Rutgers, the playoff committee really punished Washington for that by giving them an invite.

I say we play three patsies like Baylor use to till we can actually compete to win a Big 12 conference. Unless we have a rivalry game setup.

Posted on: 12/21 8:06 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Quote:

bababooey wrote:

We have to do this to get credit for a strong schedule. The Big 12 is viewed as the weakest P5 conference. The reputation is NOT deserved, I know, but the reality is that the four letter "sports" network is over-hyping the other conferences and will continue to give less credit to the Big 12 due to our conference's connections to Fox Sports and the fact that we only have 10 teams. Therefore, the perception is that we have the weakest P5 conference.

To overcome this, we have to use the method that Bobby Bowden and FSU used many years ago. Stack the schedule with tough opponents and get used to playing a schedule that would scare most other teams.

One thing that a tough schedule does is, it toughens up our guys to play upper level competition week after week. It also improves our recruiting because recruits do not want to play cupcake opponents with no TV audience. They want their talents to be on display on national TV every week against storied programs and upper level teams.

Posted on: 12/21 10:39 pm

(1) 2 3 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved