We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18)

Re: Official unofficial Utah Utes game day and 'Jack Says' thread
Makin' it Rain
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

Proud2BanEer wrote:
So why was Chugs given a scholarship? The boy played the pocket ok, but has no accuracy.

Not defending the complete performance of Chugs but did you watch the receivers? None of them extended their arms in the air to get a ball. Karaun White jumped once, I think, I was unsure if his feet actually cleared the top of the turf or not. Jennings was given a nice pass in the end zone and couldn't/wouldn't fight for the ball.

This team didn't give a crap about this game. Oh, there were individuals within the game that did but they were few and far between.

As I said in another thread I hope that Crawford was academically ineligible and he used the draft as a cover. If I had a guy tell me he was preparing for the draft and wasn't playing I would make sure to ask my other players if they were going to do that. If they were, they can clean out their crap and get out!

HTF do you "prepare" for the draft? Sit on your ass and wait for the phone to ring? Does that really take that much preparation?! Or does he think he can workout for the combines? Working out for the combines is the athletic equivalent of trying to learn Calculus during the last 3 days of dead week.

If I were a scout his holding out of the game would tell me all I needed to know. When I am 4-12 this cat is going to mail it in. He may even mail it in anytime he thinks there is no chance.

Now realize that if I had a Peyton Manning or a Big Ben or a n Antonio Brown I might look past that because of their ability but a guy like Crawford trying to move from 3 round to 2nd round......Isn't worth the baggage.

Sorry but the culture that is being cultivated currently in this program worries me. I hope it is all a cover but the apathy of this team yesterday showed me that the "stars" on the team didn't come to play or didn't come at all.

I don't know how pro scouts view this move, but Crawford isn't the only one looking ahead to the pros to opt out of the bowl game.
In short, they're "preparing" for the draft by avoiding the possibility of getting injured during the bowl game.

Posted on: 12/27 2:00 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
never liked watching players
on cruise control

Posted on: 12/27 2:10 pm

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Dana began to sniff it out when he started moving towards the run game...we've taken a step back with Spav doing the playcalling. They'll learn...but they are making huge money while they learn.

Posted on: 12/27 2:57 pm

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Quote:

DanG wrote:
never liked watching players
on cruise control

I wonder if 2 weeks of practice and seeing how wildly slow, weak and inaccurate Chugs was crushed their enthusiasm. At some point, they had to look around and say, "this is gonna be bad"...and then Crawford decides not to play (couldn't play/wasn't gonna play... it makes no difference) and Cajuste pulls a hammy. I think it was a demoralized team with no "leader" to inspire them. Dana can only do so much to motivate them...and the players aren't blind and stupid. We played a game with no shot in our musket.

Posted on: 12/27 3:08 pm

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
seems to me the team heading up against Oklahoma
had a lot more reason to be down, but oh well.

Posted on: 12/27 7:12 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From M
The more I think about it, the more I put this on Spav. I understand the losses, but we have more talent at RB than any position and Crawford was a big loss, but with a little creativity, Spav could've come up with something that worked at least a little. Its like his game plan was the exact same one every other game was. I'm really not impressed with this guy and dont understand why he has so much hype? Without Grier connecting on a plethora of deep balls, we would've sputtered all season. The term "methodical drive" is a thing of the past with this guy. Its live or die by the big play and that is all. One trick pony. That wont cut it here at all.

Posted on: 12/27 8:52 pm

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
Blame - 3 of our best players on offense out, bad bowl, played on a bad day at a bad time.... Not wanting to burn a red shirt with our other quarterbacks we had to play Chugs, who may be better than he played yesterday but nonetheless he had a bad game...

Lots of bads... For some reason I thought about Skylar ..he may not have had the best arm but he sure was a gamer...Chugs just didn't have that aggression...

A game to forget, that is for sure...

Posted on: 12/27 9:03 pm

Pitt Hater
From Bradley, WV
it was as bad as the Pinstripe Bowl.

Posted on: 12/27 10:07 pm

WMITC
From Here
Quote:

eers_fan wrote:
Has anybody ever heard of a West Coast passing scheme? Dink and dunk to the backs and wr running bubbles and short crossing routes. Get them to spread out and creep up to the line...and then once or twice a half, let Chugs take a shot deep when there are 11 guys within 7 yards of the los.

I waited for this all day. Never came.

Posted on: 12/27 11:25 pm

Pitt Hater
Well Texas got it done. Glad to see them beat Missouri. Missouri came in so arrogant and cocky, glad to see them get beat down.

Posted on: 12/28 12:30 am

Pitt Hater
From Southwest VA ... via Pleasants County, USA
Quote:

Sane wrote:
Quote:

eers_fan wrote:
Has anybody ever heard of a West Coast passing scheme? Dink and dunk to the backs and wr running bubbles and short crossing routes. Get them to spread out and creep up to the line...and then once or twice a half, let Chugs take a shot deep when there are 11 guys within 7 yards of the los.

I waited for this all day. Never came.

Me too. Get his confidence up, get some rhythm going with a few screens and let the skill players do what they do.. Instead the game plan and play selection seemed to have been designed for Grier's skills.

Result: the worst offensive performance in more than 70 years. Not just bad, but historically bad.

Posted on: 12/28 1:36 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
Here is a positive...the d was on the field for almost 40 minutes and held them to 30 points....wait till next year, we got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 12/28 3:54 am

Pitt Hater
From Athens GA
Paraphrasing a friend about music: it's okay to suck, everybody has times were nothing goes right and you suck, just don't ever be lame.

This offensive performance was lame.

Posted on: 12/28 7:15 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
This season ended in a dumpster fire. Just gonna pack it in. I hope our seniors next year will choose to inspire their teammates. Hopefully Chugs gets buried in the QB roster.

Posted on: 12/28 9:12 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Ecuador, 2 Degrees South
Maybe not the worst in 70 years. I sat through some Cignetti boredom in the mid to late 70's. Yawn...

Posted on: 12/28 11:05 am

« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved