We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Rich Rod Gets Walking Papers (Merged)
WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
I know he will be lobbying hard to come home and handle unfinished business. He will have to lay low for a year, but he will be lurking in the weeds.

The snake handlers will be working overtime.

Rich Rod Fired Amid Sexual Harassment Claims

Posted on: 1/2 10:53 pm

Eat Shit Pitt
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Rich Rod Gets Walking Papers
Makin' it Rain
That's too bad. Arizona was his dream job.

Posted on: 1/2 11:37 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Hahahahaha! And his son was maybe gonna be QB there one day too.

Posted on: 1/2 11:40 pm

Eat Shit Pitt

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Rumor has it he spent all afternoon crying in his office next to the shredder. But seriously I wouldn't be against him coming back, I know everyone hates him but I hate losing more. The timing could be incredible, just imagine he lays low for a year and Holgs goes like 3-9 next season. Someone has his number.

Posted on: 1/3 12:01 am

Pitt Hater
Players are very upset they will no longer have access to Rita's nachos or her video editing skills.

Posted on: 1/3 12:24 am

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
I'm not a fan of RichRod but the Sexual Harrassment suit sounds fishy. At first it read like the University had stonewalled her accusations but reading further, it said that Arizona was unable to investigate fully since she refused to participate in the investigation and got a lawyer instead.

Sucks for him that the investigation did turn up yet another girlfriend though.

Posted on: 1/3 12:32 am

Pitt Hater
I loved the part about the administrative assistants tasked to lie to Rita. Man, you would have thought he would have learned his lesson in Morgantown. She's not to be trifled with.

Posted on: 1/3 12:43 am

Rich Rodriguez fired from Arizona
Pitt Hater

Posted on: 1/3 3:00 am

Re: Rich Rodriguez fired from Arizona
Pitt Hater
It’s apparently come amidst sexual assault allegations.

The notice of claim is out so we know quite a bit more about the allegations and the accuser's suit for $7.5 million. The affair mentioned in RichRod's statement is extremely relevant to some of the specific accusations.

> The claim alleges that Melissa Wilhelmsen, who worked for Rodriguez from late 2011 to August 2017, felt constant pressure to hide Rodriguez's extramarital affair from his wife. She said she, along with two others on the football staff, referred to themselves as the “Triangle of Secrecy.”

> She described several occasions in which Rodriguez’s actions and words made her particularly uncomfortable, including walking past her shirtless in his underwear, trying to kiss her and asking her to come to his house alone to assist him with his dog. 

> The Wilhelmsens' claim alleges that Rodriguez was a demanding boss, frequently calling "at all hours of the night just to change travel plans or make some other requests which were only emergencies to him."

> Rodriguez had Wilhelmsen get a sideline pass for his girlfriend for a November 2015 game against USC. His wife also was on the sideline during that game, and Wilhelmsen  had to stand between the two women to avoid a confrontation, the claim says.

Posted on: 1/3 5:17 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
Lady Karma, she is a real bitch! She will bide her time and, when the moment is right, strikes like a cobra.

Pox upon anyone who suggests he should be welcomed back at WVU. Remember, we're "no place special." I will burn everything I own in Old Gold and Blue if that happens.

Who didn't see this coming, knowing he was tired of old leather face even when he was here?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Posted on: 1/3 7:35 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
NoNo No! A thousand times NO! I would rather go 0-12 and lose to Marshall than be coached by that weasel again. Remember we're "No place special."

Posted on: 1/3 7:39 am

Pitt Hater
From Rockville, MD
Quote:

wheelert wrote:
NoNo No! A thousand times NO! I would rather go 0-12 and lose to Marshall than be coached by that weasel again. Remember we're "No place special."

What Wheelert said.

Posted on: 1/3 7:51 am

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
I guess it just got too hot in the desert for Rich Rod.

Posted on: 1/3 8:21 am

Here for the Beer
From Fairmont WV
I used to hold no judgement against him when he left WVU. We didn't really know the whole truths or half lies that went on behind the scenes that determined his departure from WVU. Therefore, I was never bitter about the decision he made to leave.

These allegations and the admission he had an affair makes him look like the problem. Egotistical would be the best word to describe him. The truth will always come out. And this makes the muddy water a little more clear about his character.

Posted on: 1/3 8:37 am

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Didn’t know he was the 5th highest paid coach making $6M +.

Big fall for old dickrod.

Sucks for all his staff and assistant coaches.

Some people never change.

Posted on: 1/3 8:51 am

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Pitt Hater
Quote:

Xanthophyll wrote:
Players are very upset they will no longer have access to Rita's nachos or her video editing skills.

Classic

Posted on: 1/3 8:58 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
If these allegations are true looks like WVU dodged a bullet when he left.

Posted on: 1/3 9:06 am

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
I posted on other thread as I didn't think this deserved it's own... but what I wrote was that I watched Arizona in its Bowl. Any shot of Rich on the sideline showed him yelling at his players and making crazy faces... I really was shocked at his uncontrolled wild behavior. Now it makes sense, he probably knew what was about to come down and he was coaching using the very last nerve in his being....

Posted on: 1/3 9:21 am

Re: Rich Rod Gets Walking Papers (Merged)
WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
i don't wish him any additional misery, I just want him to stay away from us. I predict that he will lay low and find Jesus and be a big Christian Athlete Coach guy. Might even join sexaholics anonymous or whatever.

See you back on some sideline in 1-2 years. Please just don't worm your way back to WVU.

Posted on: 1/3 9:25 am

Eat Shit Pitt

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
Quote:

LiteTheCouch wrote:
It’s apparently come amidst sexual assault allegations.

The notice of claim is out so we know quite a bit more about the allegations and the accuser's suit for $7.5 million. The affair mentioned in RichRod's statement is extremely relevant to some of the specific accusations.

> The claim alleges that Melissa Wilhelmsen, who worked for Rodriguez from late 2011 to August 2017, felt constant pressure to hide Rodriguez's extramarital affair from his wife. She said she, along with two others on the football staff, referred to themselves as the “Triangle of Secrecy.”

> She described several occasions in which Rodriguez’s actions and words made her particularly uncomfortable, including walking past her shirtless in his underwear, trying to kiss her and asking her to come to his house alone to assist him with his dog. 

> The Wilhelmsens' claim alleges that Rodriguez was a demanding boss, frequently calling "at all hours of the night just to change travel plans or make some other requests which were only emergencies to him."

> Rodriguez had Wilhelmsen get a sideline pass for his girlfriend for a November 2015 game against USC. His wife also was on the sideline during that game, and Wilhelmsen  had to stand between the two women to avoid a confrontation, the claim says.

So if these are actual facts it makes me wonder if this was just a way for U of A to shitcan him with cause. This woman did this job for 6 years and now all of a sudden decides it is a problem? Was he banging her too, or was she just made to cover for him? Even if they were banging and it was consensual that isn't harassment, it means she is a bad person too and has bad moral judgement. Inappropriate yes, harassment no. The part about walking around in underwear only and asking her to go this house together suggests they were banging and it sounds like she was a witting participant at some point until she decided it was not. If they weren't banging then he is a weirdo. Who would walk around the office like that for any reason?

If you can get your boss fired for being too "demanding" because you don't find his work related requests as urgent as he does then all bosses everywhere better be on high alert. If this woman felt her job and boss was "too demanding" she had the last 6 yeas to find a new one. If she was uncomfortable with his sidebitch she had the last 6 yeas to out them to his wife.

I dislike the guy and have always felt like he was a slimeball, even while he was at WVU, but this all seems to me to be a way to get U o A out of paying him 6+ mil a year.

Posted on: 1/3 9:57 am

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved