We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards
 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Michigan State's RPI ratings is 22 WV is 12 Why are they #! & we lower
Makin' it Rain
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi

As the media band plays on with bs we can see the hype and wonder why are they so unfair to WVU?

We should be #1 in the next poll as we beat two currently ranked top ten programs. Do you think the bought media will acknowledge WVU's status? Hell no, as this does not sell well. The money says Michigan State is a higher dollar market and they will continue to be #1. This is all about the money. No ESPN hype on the big win yesterday. They ignore our great coach who plays by the rules and is concerned with his players; like a father and son relationship.

The obvious best program based on all measurements is WVU. ESPN's self-interested BPI creation has a Michigan State at #2 and WVU at #11. A difference of 9 points. Michigan State's SOS is an astoundingly low 136 while WVU is 74. Lots of room to float a boat in this chasm. Why do we not trust the media? I wonder.

Posted on: 1/7 9:38 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Michigan State's RPI ratings is 22 WV is 12 Why are they #! & we lower
Makin' it Rain
Why is the BPI ranking a number and not a calculated score? This is a media fixer number to promote TV sales via the rankings and hype of the press. Shame on ESPN for being so corrupt. Why are they losing so many viewers? Just look at their greedy ways and know that Christians do not support the devil's institutions. My past posts have pointed out a history of media dollar tricks and they appear to resonate as many viewers understand the truth is not what appears in the papers but a contrived version of the truth in the interest of money.

Posted on: 1/7 9:47 am

Makin' it Rain
We have the longest win streak in college basketball. 14 and counting! No mention of the great success a remote college and in a poor state is doing against the whole nation. Bob Huggins is the reason for this season. His concern for his players attracts team-oriented players. No room for a showboater, one and done recruit. Know his players stay the course and finish with an education for a more meaningful life.

We know the ways of the greedy programs who use the players just to benefit themselves. The lack of integrity in college sports is obvious to those who read the papers. The programs that are honest and strive to prepare their players for life's challenges are ignored. Why is that? Where is the praise for the salt of the earth programs that exemplifies the virtues of a college education? I will sing Bob Huggins praises and the state of WV as we are hard working and honest deep inside. We are not impressed with the influential fast-footed dancing of the devils and are resolved to live a life of integrity that is lacking in today's society.

Posted on: 1/7 10:04 am

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
I guess it is about the money... It is actually funny how all the headlines about last nights game were about Young. Even the picture with Carter taking Young to the woodshed was about Young... Young still got his points in a loss.

I wonder if ESPN reported what really is going on WVU would have a national cult following? I think ESPN is stupid, their ratings may even increase if they gave us our due. It is just hard for ESPN to ever acknowledge that in either sport schools like WVU can compete with the Oklahoma's and Michigan State's....

Posted on: 1/7 10:11 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
It's funny how fast the tide turns, after the Texas AM game people were wondering if we would make tourney, now we beat the 7th ranked team at home and people think we should be ranked #1. Don't get me wrong, I love the team, but lets pull the brakes in a little. Our ESPN BPI was 8 last year, based on WVU not making elite 8, this was ESPN bias in WVU favor. As a WVU fan do I think the sports media treats WVU with bias, definitely not. They give Trae Young more attention, bc he is doing something no freshman has ever done. It is about ratings, and Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, will draw more fans than a WVU game. Thats just fact, live with it. Just tired of hearing how WVU fans think we are not getting are fair due. We are going to be ranked 3rd come Monday, and that is a hell of an accomplishment from a Tier 2 school.

Also, ESPN predictor, had WVU actually favored to win all these games and even the Texas AM game, The game they have us losing are all the bigger road games, the first loss is to TTU, then at TCU, at KU, at, Baylor, at OU, and at Texas.

Posted on: 1/7 11:10 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
Wow I’d suggest Valium, quite a way to wake up on a beautiful Sunday after a huge win. I think ESPN gives us plenty of love in basketball, much more so than football. They love Huggins, Fraschilla loves us as does Greenberg and Musberger did before that. ESPN also loves the B12 is basketball. It is the total opposite in football and I would agree if you were bashing them for that.

Maybe Michigan St is really good? Maybe they’re better, maybe they’re worse? We will be 3rd or 4th on Monday and will be in line for a 1 seed. I do know historically MSU has been a far superior program to ours, as has Nova so to be fair they earned that. We will get our shot, relax

Posted on: 1/7 11:16 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

talkoption wrote:
Why is the BPI ranking a number and not a calculated score? This is a media fixer number to promote TV sales via the rankings and hype of the press. Shame on ESPN for being so corrupt. Why are they losing so many viewers? Just look at their greedy ways and know that Christians do not support the devil's institutions. My past posts have pointed out a history of media dollar tricks and they appear to resonate as many viewers understand the truth is not what appears in the papers but a contrived version of the truth in the interest of money.

You’ve really jumped the shark here and fail to mention that ESPN BPI had WVU #1 for 3 straight weeks last year, despite not being able to throw a beach ball in the ocean many nights. Whatever you’re smoking I hope it’s good

Posted on: 1/7 11:19 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Quote:

WVUswim wrote:
Wow I’d suggest Valium, quite a way to wake up on a beautiful Sunday after a huge win. I think ESPN gives us plenty of love in basketball, much more so than football. They love Huggins, Fraschilla loves us as does Greenberg and Musberger did before that. ESPN also loves the B12 is basketball. It is the total opposite in football and I would agree if you were bashing them for that.

Maybe Michigan St is really good? Maybe they’re better, maybe they’re worse? We will be 3rd or 4th on Monday and will be in line for a 1 seed. I do know historically MSU has been a far superior program to ours, as has Nova so to be fair they earned that. We will get our shot, relax

Agree, with you 100%, Even right now, if we ended the season and got a 2 seed, I would be excited as hell.

Posted on: 1/7 11:23 am

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
There are a lot of games yet to be played. After 5 05 6 more road games and the Kentucky game at home we should know more. If we are in the top two or three then its time to think possible championship.

Posted on: 1/7 1:07 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
We will move up. We will get our chance. Whether we are a number 1 or 2 seed in the tourney, it doesn't make much difference. What does make a difference is that we maintain this momentum and continue to win. We could easily hit a losing streak and fall completely out of the rankings. I doubt it will happen, but it can.
Also, have you watched MSU play? They are a damned good team. I would not be completely convinced that we would beat them, until we actually do. And we may get that chance in the tourney.
MSU deserves their spot in the rankings as do we.

Posted on: 1/7 1:42 pm

Makin' it Rain
The secret to Huggin's team is defense. You can have unlucky shots but the hustle required from his players will always be demonstrated while he is coaching. This secret mixture of heart and hustle is his remedy to a poor shooting night and will win when the ball does not fall through. Swish is great but hustle is better and the suffocating pressure we exert on the other team is evident over the years. This is why players come here so they can enhance their skills in D and learn from the best. We have the master of disaster in Huggins and his wizardry is often neglected. Proud to have a man of his character leading our state's best program. Let's Go ...... win a championship!

Posted on: 1/7 2:29 pm

Makin' it Rain
Huggins the master of Heart and Hustle! Go Press Virginia!

Posted on: 1/7 2:31 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Conspiracy is always a talk option.

Posted on: 1/7 2:55 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Pitt Hater
From Chokie Burg
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Conspiracy is always a talk option.
I see what you did there.

Seriously though, there are a lot of games to be play and playing on the road in this league is extremely tough.

Posted on: 1/7 4:08 pm

Makin' it Rain
Nice to see some life on this board. Bunch of slackers after the disrespect from ESPN over our great game. You must agree that we got ignored in our win while Virginia is a national contender again.

Paid media hypsters to generate the big population viewers.

Conspiracy? If you know the facts about what really goes on in this country you would be ashamed of the ignorance you live in and call yourself an American! From our food to our money etc. The powers in control are able to live with total bliss while they destroy our values with falsehoods in the sublime darkness of corporate greed. Someday the table may change as the internet records the knowledge mass media is unable to disseminate.

Do your own research and study the facts before you go naysaying someone who has made the effort to keep the flame of freedom burning inside. Most Americans are unable to hold the simple truths granted by our fathers. Do not trust the media as it is only one reflection of the facts and is totally biased towards the powers. The real story is rarely revealed until decades later after relevance is lost. Such will be the case of our own disasters generated for control of our freedoms. Stay proud and demand dissenting voices or the future is bleak.

A hungry mind is wasted on lame thinker unable to know the basics of our living struggles. Make life count and benefit society with an understanding of these conditions to reform the injustices of our society. My goal is to avoid contention and try to help the kids fight Childhood Diabetes! What the health are our children doing getting a disease that the parents unknowingly feed their loved children. Only education can altar this tragedy. How can we allow the next generation to become ill before they are able to think for themselves? Only Americans are that incapacitated to combat our deplorable ignorance of this disease. If you know the facts about how a child can become sick before he graduates high school due to societal ignorance you would be talking conspiracy too.

Posted on: 1/7 4:37 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Don't look now but halftime and MSU is getting crushed by big time basketball powerhouse Ohio State. Still early but do yourself a favor and go look at Michigan States Schedule and try not to laugh.

Also, I just realized we play Kentucky at home in a few weeks? Yes please.

Posted on: 1/7 5:34 pm

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
51 -35 Ohio State 17 min left 2nd half...

Posted on: 1/7 5:48 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Quote:

talkoption wrote:
Nice to see some life on this board. Bunch of slackers after the disrespect from ESPN over our great game. You must agree that we got ignored in our win while Virginia is a national contender again.

Paid media hypsters to generate the big population viewers.

Conspiracy? If you know the facts about what really goes on in this country you would be ashamed of the ignorance you live in and call yourself an American! From our food to our money etc. The powers in control are able to live with total bliss while they destroy our values with falsehoods in the sublime darkness of corporate greed. Someday the table may change as the internet records the knowledge mass media is unable to disseminate.

Do your own research and study the facts before you go naysaying someone who has made the effort to keep the flame of freedom burning inside. Most Americans are unable to hold the simple truths granted by our fathers. Do not trust the media as it is only one reflection of the facts and is totally biased towards the powers. The real story is rarely revealed until decades later after relevance is lost. Such will be the case of our own disasters generated for control of our freedoms. Stay proud and demand dissenting voices or the future is bleak.

A hungry mind is wasted on lame thinker unable to know the basics of our living struggles. Make life count and benefit society with an understanding of these conditions to reform the injustices of our society. My goal is to avoid contention and try to help the kids fight Childhood Diabetes! What the health are our children doing getting a disease that the parents unknowingly feed their loved children. Only education can altar this tragedy. How can we allow the next generation to become ill before they are able to think for themselves? Only Americans are that incapacitated to combat our deplorable ignorance of this disease. If you know the facts about how a child can become sick before he graduates high school due to societal ignorance you would be talking conspiracy too.

You don't know me, son. But you do almost exclusively talk conspiracy. I didn't comment on whether you are correct or not, just that you pretty much always select the conspiracy talk option. Hell, I might be The Man trying to keep you down and confuse you with with all sorts or Big Brother trickeration. I might BE the muthafuckin conspiracy son! Or maybe I'm a little teapot, short and stout who wishes he was full of tea, but Nestle bought up all the water and so he's just a sad, dry little teapot.

Reading comprehension is fundamental.

Posted on: 1/7 6:06 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Pitt Hater
From austin, tx
some #s from Sagarin:

MSU is # 1 at 94.7 2. WVU is 6th at 91.17. In Recent, which rates recent games more heavily, WVU is 1st at 96.62. MSU is 2nd, at 95.36. Texas Tech is 8th, and 3rd in Recent, at 93.92. The game in Lubbock is going to be tough. If WVU gets 2 wins this week, I predict no one on the board is going to have reason to complain about rankings. Then, to defend it, all we have to do is defeat Kansas and Texas.

Posted on: 1/7 6:10 pm

Pitt Hater
From NEW JERSEY
#1 Michigan St getting blown out by onion st right now

Posted on: 1/7 6:10 pm

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Topic is Locked

Login
Username: