We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards
 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Michigan State's RPI ratings is 22 WV is 12 Why are they #! & we lower
Pitt Hater
From NEW JERSEY
When was the last time WVU basketball was ranked #1 or 2?

Posted on: 1/7 6:15 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Who will be #1 now?

Posted on: 1/7 6:17 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Well, talkoption is about to get his wish, we should at least get some 1st place votes.

Posted on: 1/7 6:23 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Villanova is in a bigger tv market, so they will be no. 1 and WVU will be no. 2. Rupert Murdoch and Ted Turner's ilk will never allow us to be no. 1. BSPN will see that Ohio State leapfrogs us to be no. 2 and will will just be no. 3. :->

Playboy and Rolling Stone are the only publications that ever gave us our proper due! Number 1 Party School Bitches!!!!!!! But that was just their clever way of making us lose respect, as just a bunch of drunken hillbillies, so they are in on it too!

Just teasin.

Posted on: 1/7 6:23 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Makin' it Rain
Our namesake is Ignitethiscouch! Let's verbally ignite something on this site if not the disrespect ESPN shows us.

Now conspiracy is the right of an educated mind, how else will the hidden truths come out?

We must become aware before we can see the light. Our diets have caused a generational disease that is being exported to other countries. We Americans are losing our minds with the garbage foods we eat. So much trouble with our overweight nation that we choose to not talk about it.

Talk option, yes I know buddy. Let's Go! Win a championship! Unbelievable as it may sound, we have a shot and no mention of this dream becoming a reality. Verbal couch burning is needed to inspire our players in believing in themselves. For if we do not show support, do you think they will believe in themselves?

Looks like we may be at least #2, but the truth is we have the best record against currently ranked teams. The total lack of attention from this reality by the press is amazing. They choose to support whoever pays them. I guess nobody is paying the writers to write us up. We need commercial connections to get the respect and attention that is normally bestowed on the nation"s best programs that are run from the major TV markets.

We must marshall the believers and have a rally here to entertain the success our players and coach have accomplished for our state. Let's Go.....

Posted on: 1/7 6:28 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV

Posted on: 1/7 6:38 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Quote:

wvuphanatic wrote:
When was the last time WVU basketball was ranked #1 or 2?

Back in the days of "The Logo?"

Posted on: 1/7 6:43 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
I think Nova goes back to number 1.
Yes, they had lost to Butler a little over a week ago, but that only dropped them to number 3. They were ahead of us, they probably stay ahead.
But if we land at number 2, I will be a dancing machine!

Posted on: 1/7 6:49 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Quote:

wvuphanatic wrote:
#1 Michigan St getting blown out by onion st right now

Onion State? I like that.
My dad used to call it "Oh-Ho-Ho State"

Posted on: 1/7 6:53 pm

Makin' it Rain
Our win over Oklahoma ranks higher since the rankings were run. This crucial win with the numerous losses require a new analysis and not the rank and file thinking of respect but of merit. Beating Oklahoma State on the road was impressive but soundly winning against the 8th best team is worthy of #1 and thinking anything less is disrespecting our players. They deserve a little recognition and ranked #1 is just what Huggins prescribed.

We should demand an explanation of anything less and show the players we support them 1000%.

Posted on: 1/7 8:03 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Here
It's January. It's a whole lot of fun as a fan to be ranked high, but It's January. I am much more concerned with the rankings in March.

Posted on: 1/7 8:11 pm

Scientists discover, understand and inform.

Environmentalists preach.

Makin' it Rain
Nova beat Gonzaga, away game and currently ranked #19 (14-3)
SOS 59 1-1 against top teams
WVU beat Oklahoma, home game and currently ranked 8th (12-2) SOS 78 2-1 against top teams

Should court play make a difference? If not, why watch the games. If we were an OSU or USC etc we would be crowned #1 in the rankings.

Nova does have history but when does the past matter in rankings as they are a one show pony college. A great one-show pony college but still just one program while we have all the programs participating at the elite level. We have become a powerhouse in college sports and this realization is going unrecognized by the media. We are the great secret in our production of sports successes over the past few years. Women's and men's programs are succeeding surprising well given our irrelevance by the ESPN press machine. What you read is just not reflective of the whole truth and let me tell you WVU is becoming a leader in all sports programs.

Posted on: 1/7 8:20 pm

Makin' it Rain
Virginia will be ranked #3 and we beat them!
So beating the #3 team at home and the #8 team (or higher) at home is not worthy of being crowned #1 this week, then what is required. Michigan State got the glory with a weak SOS and very low RPI but the namesake value is why they were crowned.

I think they have no other choice but to promote us to the #1 spot when the rankings show the highly ranked teams we beat.

Just not obvious to obtuse thinkers, why we should get the crown this week. Share the glory and crown us #1 as we have played the toughest schools in the rankings. Both our victories are higher ranking wise than Nova's one win against #19.

Auburn will also get a lot of ranking press with their impressive obscurity W-L record. The media has to respond to its failures and we must help them wake up to the facts.

Posted on: 1/7 8:35 pm

Makin' it Rain
Why was Michigan State #1? Cause they lost to #1 Duke and beat a name inflated ranked ND (granted Wich was a good win) and NC SOS #6 currently with 4 losses and 4 solid wins against top 50.

We have elite wins that should persuade the voters in our favor.

Posted on: 1/7 8:52 pm

Makin' it Rain
I can safely guess after the release of the rankings it will show us beating 2 top 5 ranked teams and have the longest win streak in the nation! That soundly deserves #1 in my book.

Please do not try to naysay the obvious until after you use your noodle. I am prepared well in advance before I go couch burning here. My past posts have exposed the injustices the mass media have shown us and I will continue to plead our case here for all to hear.

Posted on: 1/7 9:01 pm

Makin' it Rain
Nova sb happy with #2 as Virginia has the best record with it's only loss to WVU. VA deserves #2 rankings but I doubt the rankers will disrespect Nova that much.

VA's road loss to a #1 is actually deserving of them being ranked #2. Oklahoma will not fall but may rise at it lost to a #1 ranked team.

Posted on: 1/7 9:13 pm

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
While your arguments have merit I just can’t/won’t get too excited when we get disssd by the rankings.
A. It’s January. It’s fun to be highly ranked but it’s January.
B. We’ve been disssed so many times before, I guess I’m used to it.
C. We will eventually lose a game and as a result they will immediately drop us out of the top ten anyway.

Let’s not worry about things we can’t control, and enjoy the ride!

Posted on: 1/7 9:13 pm

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Actually at this point in the season, I would rather that we get dissed by the pollsters. If we hit number 1, our guys could become somewhat complacent. If we continue to get overlooked to some degree, Hugs can play the old chip on shoulder thing up to the guys and make them hungry for more. I really do not want a number 1 ranking until the end of the tourney, when we are crowned national champs.

Posted on: 1/7 9:44 pm

Makin' it Rain
Chicken little's brother is not what our players want to hear. They deserve the crown this week and we are totally deserving of it! How often have we been ever been ranked #1 in recent history? It was 33 years since we beat a #1 ranked team (Kansas) and these players did it last year. They are experienced in handling pressure.

Such a strange thought that we are actually deserving to be ranked #1.

Posted on: 1/7 9:49 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Sandstone56 wrote:
Who will be #1 now?

Nova will probably be #1 now. We might be ranked 3rd or 4th this coming week. Nova plays Xavier on the 10th. That will make a little more room at the top. We just gotta keep winning. If we want to get a number one seed in the tourney, we will need to finish in the top 5 and win the Big 12 tournament.

Posted on: 1/7 9:49 pm

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Topic is Locked

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved