We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 »

Re: Swamp Drainage

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

EERY wrote:
88 what do you think Peter Strzok ment when he said that they were going to need an insurance policy Incase Trump wins?

Don't know. Depends on the context, which we don't know. If he was aware that Trump was compromised by the Russians, then he could mean they need to have a plan to keep Trump from sharing secrets, etc. If he simply hates Trump as a candidate, then it could be anything from doing something about that to planning on moving or something completely different. All of that is clearly conjecture because none of us know what he knew when he wrote it, at least not yet.

Posted on: 2/10 3:01 pm

Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:
Eers88 wrote: The DOJ is not a political arm of the President, and there are standards for opening, conducting, and closing investigations. Trump may treat it as his personal law firm, but it isn't. It is the nation's law firm.

Oh really?
http://redalertpolitics.com/2017/06/1 ... mp-can-stop-prosecutions/
Quote:
Recall on June 15th, 2012 in the White House Rose Garden, President Obama explained how he had “Prosecutorial Discretion” regarding the prosecution of young illegal immigrants, or “DREAMers.” He explained that in lieu of congressional legislation, he had decided that the Justice Department would not be prosecuting young “DREAMers” despite the fact that federal law states otherwise. If the same line of thinking is applied to that situation that is being applied to the Flynn situation, then the Democrats should have been demanding testimony from President Obama and his attorney general all-the-while claiming obstruction of justice.

Under the Obama Precedent, No Trump Obstruction of Justice
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationa ... tice-unless-obama-did-too

Do you realize that the second article you posted refutes the point you are trying to make with the first article? The author, who is a former federal prosecutor, literally says that there should be no political interference from the President in criminal investigations. Why is that so hard to understand? Also, pointing out that other presidents did something wrong doesn't make it right when Trump does it. And until you point out where Obama interfered in an investigation of his own conduct, you are talking apples and oranges to a certain degree. As citizens, we should all be for the rule of law, which means presidents don't interfere with criminal investigations.

Okay, so this one made me laugh really hard. Perhaps you should read the comment you made that I quoted, and read the articles again. Cause at this point it went totally over your head. You made it sound like Trumps actions were totally unprecedented, and spoke of how he might use the DOJ as his own personal law firm, insinuating it hasn’t been done before. Both articles were posted to show you that Obama was just as bad doing these types of things. “Why is this so hard for you to understand?”

Did I say that it made anything that Trump might have done wrong okay? “You are just making s**t up.” No I didn’t. You are insinuating I have implied something that I didn’t to gain leverage in the discussion. You do it al lot.

Though getting back to your original comments on the matter, after 8 years of Obama’s antics, I could see how a journalist might think the President could order the DOJ to open an investigation.

First, you may want to re-read the second article. The author is comparing statements by Trump and Obama regarding investigations to determine if they amount to obstruction of justice. The author literally says,"It is not frivolous to infer that Trump’s statement to Comey was a veiled order." He also says,"I must note here that concerns about obstruction of justice in the context of the reported Trump-Comey conversation are legitimate. That is because the conversation does not directly relate to the so-called Russia investigation, which Comey has explained is a counterintelligence inquiry regarding Kremlin interference in the 2016 election. Rather, Trump and Comey were speaking about a criminal investigation of Flynn, ancillary to but separate from the Russia investigation." Finally, I disagree that Trump's actions and Obama's actions are similar because Obama didn't fire anybody, and because Obama was not talking to Comey, and Trump was. There is a drastic difference between expressing an opinion in the press regarding someone's criminal culpability and making a statement to the leader of an investigation that you hope they will see fit to let someone off the hook.

You might also want to re-read the sections of your post that I highlighted. You are doing exactly what you accuse me of doing--making up things that I didn't say. You accuse me on insinuating you said stuff, then say you are insinuating I said stuff. You literally used the same word.

My point is simply that the FBI and DOJ are independent nonpartisan agencies. They are not to be used for political purposes by any president, period. Pointing out other presidents whom you think have done so doesn't change that or make it right for Trump to do so. If that isn't your point in bringing up Obama, then what was your point?

Posted on: 2/10 3:27 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:
Eers88 wrote: The DOJ is not a political arm of the President, and there are standards for opening, conducting, and closing investigations. Trump may treat it as his personal law firm, but it isn't. It is the nation's law firm.

Oh really?
Quote:
Recall on June 15th, 2012 in the White House Rose Garden, President Obama explained how he had “Prosecutorial Discretion” regarding the prosecution of young illegal immigrants, or “DREAMers.” He explained that in lieu of congressional legislation, he had decided that the Justice Department would not be prosecuting young “DREAMers” despite the fact that federal law states otherwise. If the same line of thinking is applied to that situation that is being applied to the Flynn situation, then the Democrats should have been demanding testimony from President Obama and his attorney general all-the-while claiming obstruction of justice.

Do you realize that the second article you posted refutes the point you are trying to make with the first article? The author, who is a former federal prosecutor, literally says that there should be no political interference from the President in criminal investigations. Why is that so hard to understand? Also, pointing out that other presidents did something wrong doesn't make it right when Trump does it. And until you point out where Obama interfered in an investigation of his own conduct, you are talking apples and oranges to a certain degree. As citizens, we should all be for the rule of law, which means presidents don't interfere with criminal investigations.

Okay, so this one made me laugh really hard. Perhaps you should read the comment you made that I quoted, and read the articles again. Cause at this point it went totally over your head. You made it sound like Trumps actions were totally unprecedented, and spoke of how he might use the DOJ as his own personal law firm, insinuating it hasn’t been done before. Both articles were posted to show you that Obama was just as bad doing these types of things. “Why is this so hard for you to understand?”

Did I say that it made anything that Trump might have done wrong okay? “You are just making s**t up.” No I didn’t. You are insinuating I have implied something that I didn’t to gain leverage in the discussion. You do it al lot.

Though getting back to your original comments on the matter, after 8 years of Obama’s antics, I could see how a journalist might think the President could order the DOJ to open an investigation.

First, you may want to re-read the second article. The author is comparing statements by Trump and Obama regarding investigations to determine if they amount to obstruction of justice. The author literally says,"It is not frivolous to infer that Trump’s statement to Comey was a veiled order." He also says,"I must note here that concerns about obstruction of justice in the context of the reported Trump-Comey conversation are legitimate. That is because the conversation does not directly relate to the so-called Russia investigation, which Comey has explained is a counterintelligence inquiry regarding Kremlin interference in the 2016 election. Rather, Trump and Comey were speaking about a criminal investigation of Flynn, ancillary to but separate from the Russia investigation." Finally, I disagree that Trump's actions and Obama's actions are similar because Obama didn't fire anybody, and because Obama was not talking to Comey, and Trump was. There is a drastic difference between expressing an opinion in the press regarding someone's criminal culpability and making a statement to the leader of an investigation that you hope they will see fit to let someone off the hook.

You might also want to re-read the sections of your post that I highlighted. You are doing exactly what you accuse me of doing--making up things that I didn't say. You accuse me on insinuating you said stuff, then say you are insinuating I said stuff. You literally used the same word.

My point is simply that the FBI and DOJ are independent nonpartisan agencies. They are not to be used for political purposes by any president, period. Pointing out other presidents whom you think have done so doesn't change that or make it right for Trump to do so. If that isn't your point in bringing up Obama, then what was your point?

To be precise your first point was to bash the journalist that wrote the article for stating that Trump should order the DOJ to open an investigation. In doing so you took a jab at Trump. (Which occasionally we all get our jabs in)

Did you or did you not say this?
Quote:
Trump may treat it as his personal law firm, but it isn't. It is the nation's law firm.

How else could I have taken that statement?

I then show you how Obama did similar things. Did I say that it made it okay for Trump to do? No I did not. The article said that Obama set a president for something Trump did. I didn’t say that. To say it clearly, so you will hopefully finally understand, I posted both articles to show that Obama made it a practice to interfere with such things as well. By you saying that I said that since Obama did it is okay for Trump to do it, you are admitting that Obama has done something wrong.

Please show me where I said it was okay for Trump to do such things. To begin with it wasn’t what Trump actually did, but what a journalist wrote in an article that you decided to nitpick about.

Damn! Okay I’m done this conversation makes my head hurt. Do you really not see what has actually transpired here?

Posted on: 2/10 10:13 pm

Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Oh really?
Quote:

To be precise your first point was to bash the journalist that wrote the article for stating that Trump should order the DOJ to open an investigation. In doing so you took a jab at Trump. (Which occasionally we all get our jabs in)

Did you or did you not say this?
Quote:
Trump may treat it as his personal law firm, but it isn't. It is the nation's law firm.

How else could I have taken that statement?

I then show you how Obama did similar things. Did I say that it made it okay for Trump to do? No I did not. The article said that Obama set a president for something Trump did. I didn’t say that. To say it clearly, so you will hopefully finally understand, I posted both articles to show that Obama made it a practice to interfere with such things as well. By you saying that I said that since Obama did it is okay for Trump to do it, you are admitting that Obama has done something wrong.

Please show me where I said it was okay for Trump to do such things. To begin with it wasn’t what Trump actually did, but what a journalist wrote in an article that you decided to nitpick about.

Damn! Okay I’m done this conversation makes my head hurt. Do you really not see what has actually transpired here?

We will have to agree to disagree. It has gotten awfully muddled. I still don't see where Obama interfered, but whatever.

Posted on: 2/10 11:08 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Obama State Dept. official admits free-flowing exchange of reports with Trump dossier author
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/ ... trump-dossier-author.html

Posted on: 2/11 4:00 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Open in new window

Posted on: 2/11 8:05 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Open in new window

Posted on: 2/11 8:07 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV

Posted on: 2/11 1:48 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
GOP Rep Gaetz Calls for Appointment of Second Special Counsel — FBI, DoJ ‘Cannot Investigate Themselves’
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/0 ... i-doj-cannot-investigate/

Posted on: 2/11 1:50 pm

Pitt Hater
Who will watch the watchers?

Posted on: 2/11 8:35 pm

Noob
From Florida via Lewisburg
https://www.thenation.com/article/trum ... ttack-on-the-rule-of-law/

Does Trump think he should control the DOJ and FBI? Sort of like Putin does Russian agencies. If you are guilty create diversion and chaos. Who knows it might work. But I forgot everyone is out to get Trump. Paranoid much?

Posted on: 2/12 5:16 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

mountie44 wrote:

Does Trump think he should control the DOJ and FBI? Sort of like Putin does Russian agencies. If you are guilty create diversion and chaos. Who knows it might work. But I forgot everyone is out to get Trump. Paranoid much?

Your article conveniently left out why McCabe came under so much scrutiny. Skew the facts much?

Posted on: 2/13 9:57 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Mountie is the type of person that sees one of those click bait satire articles on facebook about sea world putting orcas in plastic bags to clean their tank and then get mad about it and write out a 2 page long post.

Posted on: 2/13 11:13 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Obama's portrait has sperm on his left temple, 6 fingers, the leaves are Photoshop, and the artist chosen paints black women severing the heads of white women.

"It's part of the kill whitey thing"

https://archive.is/WQiGh

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus ... /PA_NPG_18_55_Obama_R.jpg

Looks like the swamp is being drained all over Obama's face.

Posted on: 2/14 9:34 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

mountie44 wrote:

I don't think you understood my statement. Knee jerk moment I hope.

Posted on: 2/14 11:48 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Obama's portrait has sperm on his left temple, 6 fingers, the leaves are Photoshop, and the artist chosen paints black women severing the heads of white women.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2/14 12:26 pm

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

titotostito wrote:

Open in new window

Now that’s some funny stuff right there, lol

Posted on: 2/14 1:02 pm

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

The picture in question is a reproduction of a historic biblical piece as are most of the artist’s works. That is from your link.

The white woman in the painting is the artist’s assistant. So you contend he wants to kill his assistant? Ok, that’s your interpretation I guess.

As for the ‘kill whitey’ remark? Odd that you don’t hold the current president as accountable for past remarks.

Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Looks like a vein/artery to me...but hey, you’re the expert.

Posted on: 2/14 1:17 pm

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

The picture in question is a reproduction of a historic biblical piece as are most of the artist’s works. That is from your link.

The white woman in the painting is the artist’s assistant. So you contend he wants to kill his assistant? Ok, that’s your interpretation I guess.

As for the ‘kill whitey’ remark? Odd that you don’t hold the current president as accountable for past remarks.

Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2/14 1:31 pm

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Did... Did you actually read what you typed?

Posted on: 2/15 4:08 pm

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved