We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 »

 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2912

Posted on: 4/13 8:57 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5208
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Dedicated to withholding evidence? (McCabe)


By that logic you are a skinhead because at least a few skinheads think like Trump.

...and the man on the right below disrespects his country because of the men on the left below.

Open in new window


You do realize that McCabe wasn’t conducting a solo investigation, right? I would think that these investigative teams have dozens (hundreds?) of people involved. The level of coordinated corruption that conservatives believe is happening is not based on rational thought or actual facts.


Posted on: 4/13 9:10 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5208
Double post

Posted on: 4/13 9:11 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2912
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Dedicated to withholding evidence? (McCabe)


By that logic you are a skinhead because at least a few skinheads think like Trump.

...and the man on the right below disrespects his country because of the men on the left below.

Open in new window


You do realize that McCabe wasn’t conducting a solo investigation, right? I would think that these investigative teams have dozens (hundreds?) of people involved. The level of coordinated corruption that conservatives believe is happening is not based on rational thought or actual facts.



Again you are making it out as if I said something that I didn’t say. You however did make a statement that implied that all FBI agents were of impeccable character. Though it wouldn’t surprise me if there weren’t more like McCabe in there. Where there’s smoke there is fire. Don’t forget the strok texts.

Posted on: 4/13 9:22 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5208
My point was there were simply too many people involved for the level of coordinated corruption that you believe that is happening.

Posted on: 4/13 10:00 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12931
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:
Why are we only a nation of laws when we’re dogging Hillary? Let the process play out my Trumpeteer friends. You may still win in the end...but you keep threatening to take your ball and go home before the game is over.


If only they would actually get someone to dig into Hillary like they have for Trump. So much for your nation of laws anecdote.


Given the lack of actual evidence sufficient to show probable cause that she engaged in criminal activity, I would say it supports it. Pick a "crime" and lay out your case counselor.


How about classified emails, and Bill's tarmac meeting with Lynch. On top of that McCabe holding information back.

How bout starting with that, and investigating everything they can dig up for the next year and a half. Fill the panel with lock her up supporters, and give the lead investigator an open expense account, along with limited oversight.


Any reply to this?


Just saw this. You are just making general references to events. That isn't laying out the crime. The difficulty with the Clinton tarmac incident is there is nothing to show what was said--it is just speculation and conjecture on both sides. Only two people know what was said. McCabe's conduct isn't criminal.

Posted on: 4/16 3:00 pm
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1498
Lol. Sean Hannity was also revealed to be a client of Michael Cohen. Cohen has three "clients." We know two of these clients were usung him as the go between to pay hush money to women. I wonder what Hannity was using him for?

Posted on: 4/16 4:49 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 8065
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Lol. Sean Hannity was also revealed to be a client of Michael Cohen. Cohen has three "clients." We know two of these clients were usung him as the go between to pay hush money to women. I wonder what Hannity was using him for?


Hannity was never a client of Cohen.
Sean Hannity: Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.

That was a rumor spread by a former playboy bunny(the judge on the case). Liberals really need to quit believing porn stars and playboy bunnies. You probably won't look AS stupid.

However something that IS true is that the judge(playboy bunny) on the Cohen case officiated a wedding for George Soros in 2013.

Does it make sense to you now why Hannitys name was released? Or are you just a moron?

Posted on: 4/16 11:07 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5208
His name was released because he is a client of Michael Cohen. The “deep state” judge didn’t invent this...Cohen’s lawyer admitted to ten clients and somehow thought he wouldn’t have to disclose them all. Like the rest of team Trump he’s learning anally that laws do indeed apply to them as well. Hence he rolled on Hannity.

Or like all bad news for team Trump:

Open in new window

Lol, just being a client of a lawyer is not a crime. But like everything else there is first an aggressive denial...then later we’ll get an admission with the qualifier “but that’s not illegal”. Maybe they should try being honest at the beginning for once. You know, just to see how it feels.


Posted on: 4/17 5:28 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 8065
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
His name was released because he is a client of Michael Cohen. The “deep state” judge didn’t invent this...Cohen’s lawyer admitted to ten clients and somehow thought he wouldn’t have to disclose them all. Like the rest of team Trump he’s learning anally that laws do indeed apply to them as well. Hence he rolled on Hannity.

Or like all bad news for team Trump:

Open in new window

Lol, just being a client of a lawyer is not a crime. But like everything else there is first an aggressive denial...then later we’ll get an admission with the qualifier “but that’s not illegal”. Maybe they should try being honest at the beginning for once. You know, just to see how it feels.



So you're just a moron. You had to come up with the weakest straw man argument to justify breaking client-attorney privilege. He wasn't a client. Don't get us started on being honest when literally every lefty in any type of office survives on lies. Clinton, Clinton, Obama, Gore, Kerry, Pelosi, Comey, Mueller, Rosenstein, McCabe, Lynch, the list goes on and on

Posted on: 4/17 6:49 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2013 9:51 pm
From Madhattan
Posts: 1433
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
His name was released because he is a client of Michael Cohen. The “deep state” judge didn’t invent this...Cohen’s lawyer admitted to ten clients and somehow thought he wouldn’t have to disclose them all. Like the rest of team Trump he’s learning anally that laws do indeed apply to them as well. Hence he rolled on Hannity.

Or like all bad news for team Trump:

Open in new window

Lol, just being a client of a lawyer is not a crime. But like everything else there is first an aggressive denial...then later we’ll get an admission with the qualifier “but that’s not illegal”. Maybe they should try being honest at the beginning for once. You know, just to see how it feels.



So you're just a moron. You had to come up with the weakest straw man argument to justify breaking client-attorney privilege. He wasn't a client. Don't get us started on being honest when literally every lefty in any type of office survives on lies. Clinton, Clinton, Obama, Gore, Kerry, Pelosi, Comey, Mueller, Rosenstein, McCabe, Lynch, the list goes on and on


Excellent Whataboutism, Sir. Also your list of lefties contains several lifelong republicans ... but of course you knew that / were just testing us b/c you’re the smartest, most logical & reasonable person on this board - & are never wrong.

Posted on: 4/17 7:27 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12931
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

So you're just a moron. You had to come up with the weakest straw man argument to justify breaking client-attorney privilege. He wasn't a client.


If he wasn't a client, then there is no attorney-client privilege. If he was a client, then the privilege is very limited. Privileges are not favored under the law. In the attorney-client context, the privilege protects information provided by a client to a lawyer for the purpose of seeking legal advice. In some cases, it doesn't protect the advice provided by the attorney in response. It doesn't protect the identity of a client, or even the general nature/subject of the communication, the date of the communication or the means of the communication. In fact, when a party to litigation seeks to apply the privilege to a document, it must identify the parties to the communication, the date of the communication and the subject of the communication with enough detail so the opposing party can determine whether the privilege applies.

As to whether Hannity is/was a client, I think he admits he was. He says he sought legal advice. That is sufficient to create an attorney-client relationship. Payment isn't required. Hannity's communications to Cohen are privileged, unless there is some exception, like crime/fraud. Hannity might eventually waive the privilege if he provides enough detail of his specific discussion.

Posted on: 4/17 8:51 am
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2912
I’m letting this Cohen thing shake out before I make anymore statements on the matter. I still think that they were going to dig until they found something on Trump. It looks like they might have found something to achieve that goal. However the mainstream media has claimed victory over every “revelation” since the inauguration. I’m just going to wait and see what happens at this point.


Meanwhile Trump’s base has taken a bigger hit over what has happened in Syria. There are people who are feeling that Trump is going back on a big promise over this. Kinda ironic that the people who want to make a sporting rifle illegal could seem to care less about dropping bombs on another country, and bailing out ISIS who were all but defeated in the conflict.

Posted on: 4/17 9:59 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2912
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
His name was released because he is a client of Michael Cohen. The “deep state” judge didn’t invent this...Cohen’s lawyer admitted to ten clients and somehow thought he wouldn’t have to disclose them all. Like the rest of team Trump he’s learning anally that laws do indeed apply to them as well. Hence he rolled on Hannity.

Or like all bad news for team Trump:

Open in new window

Lol, just being a client of a lawyer is not a crime. But like everything else there is first an aggressive denial...then later we’ll get an admission with the qualifier “but that’s not illegal”. Maybe they should try being honest at the beginning for once. You know, just to see how it feels.



So you're just a moron. You had to come up with the weakest straw man argument to justify breaking client-attorney privilege. He wasn't a client. Don't get us started on being honest when literally every lefty in any type of office survives on lies. Clinton, Clinton, Obama, Gore, Kerry, Pelosi, Comey, Mueller, Rosenstein, McCabe, Lynch, the list goes on and on


Excellent Whataboutism, Sir. Also your list of lefties contains several lifelong republicans ... but of course you knew that / were just testing us b/c you’re the smartest, most logical & reasonable person on this board - & are never wrong.


Technically the first half of the post was in direct relation to the post that it was quoted to.

Posted on: 4/17 11:11 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12931
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Hannity was never a client of Cohen.


Let's go to the double speak:

Quote:
Sean Hannity: Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter.


Wait for it ...

Quote:
I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees.


None of these are required for representation.

Quote:
I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.


That is representation on a matter. Representation does not require advocacy or litigation or the presence of another party. Representation is often counseling, which is providing legal advice to someone. The matter would be the subject of the advice. Thus, Hannity just described "representation in a matter."

Quote:
That was a rumor spread by a former playboy bunny(the judge on the case). Liberals really need to quit believing porn stars and playboy bunnies. You probably won't look AS stupid.


Whoopsy!

Quote:
Does it make sense to you now why Hannitys name was released? Or are you just a moron?


Whoopsy again!

Posted on: 4/17 12:06 pm
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1498
Quote:
EERY wrote: I’m letting this Cohen thing shake out before I make anymore statements on the matter. I still think that they were going to dig until they found something on Trump. It looks like they might have found something to achieve that goal. However the mainstream media has claimed victory over every “revelation” since the inauguration. I’m just going to wait and see what happens at this point. Meanwhile Trump’s base has taken a bigger hit over what has happened in Syria. There are people who are feeling that Trump is going back on a big promise over this. Kinda ironic that the people who want to make a sporting rifle illegal could seem to care less about dropping bombs on another country, and bailing out ISIS who were all but defeated in the conflict.
Yeah, I saw Alex Jones had a meltdown about the Syria bombings. You must be going through quite the existential crisis right now

Posted on: 4/17 7:32 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/20/2008 1:23 pm
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Posts: 7542
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Hannity was never a client of Cohen.


Let's go to the double speak:

Quote:
Sean Hannity: Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter.


Wait for it ...

Quote:
I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees.


None of these are required for representation.

Quote:
I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.


That is representation on a matter. Representation does not require advocacy or litigation or the presence of another party. Representation is often counseling, which is providing legal advice to someone. The matter would be the subject of the advice. Thus, Hannity just described "representation in a matter."

Quote:
That was a rumor spread by a former playboy bunny(the judge on the case). Liberals really need to quit believing porn stars and playboy bunnies. You probably won't look AS stupid.


Whoopsy!

Quote:
Does it make sense to you now why Hannitys name was released? Or are you just a moron?


Whoopsy again!



Open in new window

Posted on: 4/17 7:32 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/20/2008 1:23 pm
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Posts: 7542
Quote:

hill_William wrote:

Excellent Whataboutism, Sir.


Careful. He'll just claim that you do the exact same thing and that makes it OK for him to do it!

Posted on: 4/18 10:28 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2912
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
I’m letting this Cohen thing shake out before I make anymore statements on the matter. I still think that they were going to dig until they found something on Trump. It looks like they might have found something to achieve that goal. However the mainstream media has claimed victory over every “revelation” since the inauguration. I’m just going to wait and see what happens at this point.


Meanwhile Trump’s base has taken a bigger hit over what has happened in Syria. There are people who are feeling that Trump is going back on a big promise over this. Kinda ironic that the people who want to make a sporting rifle illegal could seem to care less about dropping bombs on another country, and bailing out ISIS who were all but defeated in the conflict.



Yeah, I saw Alex Jones had a meltdown about the Syria bombings. You must be going through quite the existential crisis right now


Thanks for the reaffirmation of my post

Posted on: 4/18 11:51 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Swamp Drainage
Suspected Punter
Joined:
1/16/2012 2:30 pm
From Florida via Lewisburg
Posts: 69

Posted on: 4/18 5:55 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved