We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

Come Monday it will be alright......Sooners
Makin' it Rain
From Fairmont
It is time to put up or shut up.........
from Huggs to the equipment guy we all need to do our job

Posted on: 2/4 11:32 am

Re: Come Monday it will be alright......Sooners
Pitt Hater
From austin, tx
A lot depends on how much they've recovered from the flu, and how that's affected by the quick turn-around.

Posted on: 2/4 11:41 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
With WVU losing three straight, previously, and to last place ISU, before the KSU game, its strange that ESPN predictor has slowly moved this game from 60% OU about a month ago, to 50/50 now. ESPN likes us more than they should, we've lost three games, Texas AM 70% favorites, Kentucky 75%, Iowa State 80%, The only game they didn't have us favored was the TTU game, I think the KU and TCU games were slight advantages to us too. Vegas had us favored in all those games too, except the TTU game. Short rest away game too. Be great to win this one but not expecting it.

Posted on: 2/4 4:46 pm

Suspected Punter
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
With WVU losing three straight, previously, and to last place ISU, before the KSU game, its strange that ESPN predictor has slowly moved this game from 60% OU about a month ago, to 50/50 now. ESPN likes us more than they should, we've lost three games, Texas AM 70% favorites, Kentucky 75%, Iowa State 80%, The only game they didn't have us favored was the TTU game, I think the KU and TCU games were slight advantages to us too. Vegas had us favored in all those games too, except the TTU game. Short rest away game too. Be great to win this one but not expecting it.

Actually it makes sense considering Oklahoma's recent performances. All the added weight on his shoulders of carrying 9 other teammates is pooping Young out. I think they are taking that into consideration.

Posted on: 2/4 6:21 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
This is a tough one and one I don’t expect us to win, but after our last 3 weeks we simply need to win here. For our psyche from a team, fan base, and seeding perspective they need to win one they weren’t supposed to. If they can pull it out tonight and beat OSU Saturday I think people forget a lot of those losses and can even take a glass half full approach by our periodical dominance in all of those losses. The confidence will be largely restored. Lose tonight, even a close one, and Saturday was but a temporary respite to our growing panic. I realize the circumstances are difficult: good oppoenent, on the road, sick, 48 hour turnaround, but this is the bed they made by playing shitty against TCU and ISU and blowing games they had no business losing against UK/KU. If they want to be a final 4 team or win this league, they win tonight.

Posted on: 2/5 12:51 pm

Makin' it Rain
Interesting ugly stat of the day = "The Mountaineers are 0-7 under Bob Huggins in Monday road games following a Saturday home game. They are 1-4 all-time at Lloyd Noble Center."

Las Vegas has OK as a 2.5 home favorite. I see it as a toss up game with OK having the crowd and the refs on their side.

http://wvmetronews.com/2018/02/04/mou ... quel-follows-same-script/

Posted on: 2/5 2:05 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Tampa, FL via Elkview, WV
Quote:

Balzac wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:

Actually it makes sense considering Oklahoma's recent performances. All the added weight on his shoulders of carrying 9 other teammates is pooping Young out. I think they are taking that into consideration.

ESPN doesn't arbitrarily pick the percentages, they use an algorithm that factors various stats and rankings. Thus it changes on a daily/weekly basis.

Posted on: 2/5 5:05 pm

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved