We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Okie Lite Certified 100% All Beef Gameday Thread
Pitt Hater
From Charleston, WV
Not Press Virginia...Choke Virginia

Posted on: 2/10 9:21 pm
Forget what you learned in elementary school. The only ”participation trophy” you’re awarded from life is death. That’s the one thing we all get just for showing up. In the meantime, if you want something better, you have to earn it. - Matt Walsh
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
Konate simply cost is this game and should be apologizing to his teammates!! Common theme of the season is his inability to stay out of foul trouble-foolish! Its happened all year in games we have lost!! Oh Macon!?!? We are not the same team without Sags down low!! Wake the **** up Sags!!!

Posted on: 2/10 9:53 pm

Pitt Hater
From Orange Park Florida now Waynesburg, PA
If they had thrown the ball into Sags at the final play,which is the play Huggs had designed, we would have won the game. If we had been feeding the ball to him more, we would have won the game.

Posted on: 2/10 10:24 pm

Suspected Punter
OK a couple things. Watch the post game presser if you haven't already. We need to stop fouling. Our fouls were very disproportionate. Huggs would like to have said something about it but he can't. I don't blame refs here, we didn't execute. So also Kansas looks like they got spanked by Baylor. I didn't see the game. OK lost to ISU and Virginia got upset by VT. This is one crazy year with upsets every week. Lots of games to play, hang in there.

Posted on: 2/10 11:13 pm

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Quote:

SchmittBreal wrote:
Gotta give credit to OK state, they are a good team and play harder than any squad I have seen all year. We gotta get more plays for Ahmad, and not on the perimeter. He is almost unguardable on the block. Can't even be that mad about this loss, they had some crazy fortunate bounces at the end and hit all the 3s they had to.

While this is a disappointing loss to say the least, Breal has it right. Don’t be mad guys, OK State is a good team, they play hard and they got a ton of fortunate breaks at the end to win this game. This league is full of good teams, just no great teams. And WVU is one of the better teams in the league.

If Konate sticks around next year we will be even better. I hope Teddy Allen hangs in here till next year too.

Posted on: 2/10 11:47 pm

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Here for the Beer
From Charlie West
S N A F U

Posted on: 2/11 9:06 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I think you just can't press as much as WVU does, especially during league play, it tires out the team by second half, especially Carter. Carter looks exhausted. The turnover he had with 2 minutes left was critical, and to me it just seems he has played way too many minutes. If we didn't press then yeah, he can play 37 minutes a game, but just can't see any player being able to play that many minutes while pressing 20 minutes of it. I think you dial back the press and concentrate on strong half court defense, since I think you have an advantage here with Konate inside, and Carter, Miles on perimeter.

Posted on: 2/11 9:57 am

WMITC
From Here
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
I think you dial back the press and concentrate on strong half court defense, since I think you have an advantage here with Konate inside, and Carter, Miles on perimeter.

I think you admit that you don't have Nate Adrian and a bench full of guards capable of running the press like you did the past couple of years, and concentrate on finding someone besides Carter who isn't afraid to shoot the ball when the game is on the line.

Last 5 minutes everyone is standing around waiting for Carter to do something. It's no wonder he gets tired.

And if you have to handle the ball 90 percent of the time, odds are you'll turn it over once in a while. I don't fault Carter. I blame everybody else who stood around watching the game while he tried to make a play.

Posted on: 2/11 10:03 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
Quote:

BeersNEers wrote:
Not Press Virginia...Choke Virginia

Open in new window

Why would you say such a thing? !!!

Posted on: 2/11 11:51 am

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
I blame Macon for getting caught.

Posted on: 2/11 2:04 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I think its tougher for press to work:
1. Big 12 teams are familiar now.
2. You need three defensive guards like last year with, Phillips, Carter and Miles, (Bolden is good but Phillips was great at press, with his long arms and quickness) Harler, not sure why he's on roster here, definitely seems like a D-2 player.
3. You need that front man like year previous you had Holton, then Adrian. I think this is the main reason it's not working, Culver probably would have been this guy. West or Ahmad can't do this.

Not sure next year you can press effectively either, you just don't have the guards to do this.

Posted on: 2/11 3:59 pm

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Harler is a development guy, much like Adrian was. We heard a lot of questions about Adrian until he was amazing his senior year.

Don’t know if we have a roster spot for him next year or not, but Huggs loves those kind of guys.

Posted on: 2/11 6:35 pm

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Noob
And how is OU a 4 seed and we aren't? Bracketology bullcrap. Trae Young lovefest.

Posted on: 2/11 7:41 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Not true on Adrian, He had a pretty good freshman year, and based on how he shot the three, people were pretty dissappointed in sophmore year, (injury), Had a very good junior year, (best three point percentage) and of course became a starter senior year. I just don't see Harler developing into anyone better(you can't teach speed), I don't think you can press like we did last year unless Dooms turns out to be a defensive phenom. You got Bolden, Harler, MCcabe and Knapper, all are either undersized except for Harler who is too slow.

Posted on: 2/12 8:21 am

« 1 2 3 (4)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved