We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 »

Is It Football Yet? Spring FB Thread.
WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV

Posted on: 3/7 10:05 am

Eat Shit Pitt
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Is It Football Yet? Spring FB Thread.
WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
I watched the Asst Coaches discuss personnel and spring practice. Sounds like WR depth will be an area of focus and I just get the feeling our D line is going to be a big issue. With those 2 kids leaving and only having 5 ish scholarship D linemen, several young, I think D line will be the defensive concern once again.

The Mounties will only go as far as our D line lets us go. If we can stop the run and get some pressure, then we will be better this year and might pull out a 9 win reg season. If our D line is poor, then this will be a below average year.

You heard it here first.

Posted on: 3/7 2:06 pm

Eat Shit Pitt

Here for the Beer
From Baltimore, MD
Completely agree on the D-line concerns. I am not sold on McDougle either. I think we may have the worst D-line of the Holgerson era (if last year wasn't the worst). Still think we can get to 9 wins with high scoring wins.

Posted on: 3/7 9:26 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV

Posted on: 3/8 9:39 am

Eat Shit Pitt

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
If our d line is worse next year it will be a nightmare to watch. Qbs had generations to throw.

Posted on: 3/8 9:56 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Any updates on spring ball after the first week of practice?

Posted on: 3/10 8:41 pm

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
it breaks my brain to think the D could be worse

Posted on: 3/11 11:10 am

Suspected Punter
Our dline will never get much pressure. Only rushing three guys you can't blame them. A good middle school qb could throw against a rush three drop eight coverage. Blitzes gotta get home or you get lit up its pretty simple. 3-3 isn't designed to get much pressure but we need to do a better job disguising our blitzes. When at our best we're a bend but don't break D. Maybe get a turnover or holding to a field goal boys. This class was going to be a great one ad Williams stayed. Still good with the ones we got. Guys are going to play a lot more than they were going to with the shuler loss. Huge loss. I'd much rather see Colin Smith working at Sam than exroe. Come on man get that weight up. Pull a tonkery lol. Our whole team needs to see him about how to put on weight. Long, benton, smith, Donahue could all use the tonkery workout regime lol

Posted on: 3/14 7:17 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Word on the streets of Elkins is this Alabama WR transfer is a stud. Will might have 3 legit weapons on offense.

Posted on: 3/24 4:14 pm

Suspected Punter
3? Hell we already have three weapons at wide receiver alone that are proven. Not to mention Grier. Simmons would help but we have weapons all over on offense. Wish we had a few more on defense tho lol

Posted on: 3/25 3:14 am

Pitt Hater
From Atlanta, GA
Any word on the TE from Miami? Holgs mentioned he was pretty good during the season but he had to sit out last year.

The TE position was incredibly important to our success a few years because it created mismatches and offered some parameter help in blocking. Losing Urban a few years back hurt us.

Posted on: 3/25 1:52 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

westonian420 wrote:
3? Hell we already have three weapons at wide receiver alone that are proven. Not to mention Grier. Simmons would help but we have weapons all over on offense. Wish we had a few more on defense tho lol

Yeah, really hoping our defense takes a step up in the next year and these guys that got some valuable experience grow into some good players. This really is the year Dana needs to make some magic happen, and it's going to rely a lot on what Gibson can get out of the defense.

I also hope Spavital has sat down and had a hard look at what stupid **** he was doing on offense, and can go back to smarter game planning, we have some crazy wide receiver weapons, and we definitely should use them, but I hope to run the ball much more decently.

Posted on: 3/25 3:52 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
Quote:

DirtyDubVee wrote:
Any word on the TE from Miami? Holgs mentioned he was pretty good during the season but he had to sit out last year.

The TE position was incredibly important to our success a few years because it created mismatches and offered some parameter help in blocking. Losing Urban a few years back hurt us.

Jovani Haskins? Holgs mentioned him in this interview at the 5:25 mark. He mentioned he could catch the ball but needed to work on blocking.

Holgs also mentioned (4:52 mark) he likes what he sees out of TJ Simmons (the kid from Bama). I have a feeling he is going to be a star with grier slinging the ball.

Posted on: 3/25 4:48 pm

Pitt Hater
Senior linebacker Quondarius Qualls will miss the remainder of spring, but could be back for the season, after tearing his ACL in spring practice, Head Coach Dana Holgorsen told Tony Caridi on Sportsline Monday night.

Good Lord!

Posted on: 3/27 8:58 am

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
CB Kevin Williams, 3d on early depth chart, quits team. Leaving 5 scholly CB's on the entire team. D is seeming thinner and thinner. Not good.

Posted on: 3/27 11:13 am

Eat Shit Pitt

Party Machine
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
CB Kevin Williams, 3d on early depth chart, quits team. Leaving 5 scholly CB's on the entire team. D is seeming thinner and thinner. Not good.

And some people think we are going to win a national championship this year. I’ll be a happy with a 2 loss season.

Posted on: 3/27 1:14 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Quote:

jkmaynard wrote:
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:

And some people think we are going to win a national championship this year. I’ll be a happy with a 2 loss season.

You are far more optimistic than I.

I expect a season very similar to last year. Hope I'm wrong, but I see an improved offense and a defense that might be worse.

Posted on: 3/27 1:22 pm

Eat Shit Pitt

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:

WTF. Just when I thought I was never going to have to refer to the "Pat Miller like defensive back coverage" again. Maybe we can win a lot of games if we score over 50?

Posted on: 3/27 1:56 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
You are far more optimistic than I.

I expect a season very similar to last year. Hope I'm wrong, but I see an improved offense and a defense that might be worse.

I'm thinking something similar here. Especially with Iowa State looking like a solid team last year and if I remember tight TTU's defense looked a little bit better than previous years. It's going to be a dogfight in the Big12 this year.

* today's news

Spring Football Notebook

Assistant Coaches and Players Media Session

Posted on: 3/27 4:03 pm

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina

Posted on: 3/27 6:02 pm

(1) 2 3 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved