We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Is It Football Yet? Spring FB Thread.
Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
Is one of these fluff practice games any harder on players than regular practice???

Posted on: 4/5 4:33 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Teams are afforded a certain number of practices in the spring that culminate in the Spring Game. If you reschedule the game, it's not like you've got a week's worth of practices leading up to it. You'd be asking to get guys hurt and it would be a sloppy mess anyway. Better to cancel the game and run a regular practice in the indoor facility

Posted on: 4/5 4:44 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
It is what it is. Although fun to be at these events, it's nothing more than "aggressive" flag football. Let's keep our young men healthy. No need to be slopping in 5 inches of wet snow with an audience of 200(?).

Posted on: 4/5 4:59 pm

Pitt Hater
ok, I am over the disappointment

Posted on: 4/5 5:42 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

professeer wrote:
Ferns has a torn ACL. He might return for the season, but it is doubtful.

Same knee as well, that really blows for linebacking depth.

Posted on: 4/5 7:11 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
Well ****. I guess that saves Tony Gibson from getting embarrassed on Sat.

WVU's Belk Seeking More Depth at Corner

Iron Mountaineer Award Winners Announced

Staley Receives Nickolich Award

Campus Connection: What to Expect in Year Two of Will Grier

Wow, Long looks small in the video. I never noticed his size before I guess because he plays big.

Posted on: 4/6 4:36 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Quote:

GaryC wrote:
BCS bowl this year and Heisman.

That's really not as crazy as it sounds. OU at home after losing Baker, this has to be the year.

Posted on: 4/6 11:22 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:
A Big Difference (big receivers)

I like what holgs is doing by getting more bigger receiving targets. It has taken him a few years of building but I think this year should be interesting.

I swear if they run QB draws at the goal line this year I am going to lose my mind.

Posted on: 4/6 11:27 pm

Pitt Hater
Well now I am REALLY glad the game has been canceled. The snow is coming down & it is cold and miserable outside. I just didn't trust the forecast, but this is just as predicted. Waiting until September to see this team is going to be difficult!

Posted on: 4/7 6:57 am

Suspected Punter
Denzel Fisher, a grad transfer CB from UCLA, has committed to play for WVU in 2018. He has only the 2018 season remaining for eligibility. WVU has now brought in 24 players for the 2018 season. One to go.

Will it be another D-lineman, or will it be a linebacker?

Last week, I would have said D-lineman in a heartbeat. Now, I think LB is thinner. We will see.

Posted on: 4/7 1:02 pm

Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
SR DE from Notre Dame announced this morning he's looking to transfer. He's originally from Brooklyn, NY and has immediate eligibility. No schools of interest were mentioned in the article

Posted on: 4/7 2:14 pm

Suspected Punter
The offense is prolly good enough to win the big12. Well not probably, they definitely are but we have to see if they've fixed the problem with not scoring for whole quarters. Howard's last year at qb we only went like four quarters without scoring a touchdown and last year with Will we went like 20. Freaking shocking since our O seems so much better. The defense is another question. Losing two, Young at that, starters on the dline was a killer. We can have no injuries. We've already lost a starting linebacker and the guy who probably would of beat him out in the spring. The freshman dlinemen are going to have to come in and give us something. Losing our run stuffing nose tackle plug in the middle and having Tonk at MLB is gonna be tough. We haven't been able to stop the power run. Tennessee will test us majorly here. They're online is for real with maybe the top olineman in the country on their team as a sophomore. I'd be happy with nine wins if it includes a bowl win. Anything above is gravy. In may be time for Gibby to go. Hope not. They could of played the game tho lol it barely snowed. But with two scholarship corners that could of played (from Gibson himself), the four dline, and maybe five lb's it would of been pretty bad

Posted on: 4/8 12:40 am

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
The offense has to average 40+ a game to help our defense out. I agree that we are going to struggle in stopping the power run game. The only thing that I think will help in that aspect is having Tonk and Long on the field at the same time. Like you said, we need freshmen linemen to show up this season.

I hope our offensive line can improve in run blocking this year. This lack of balance in big games really hurt us last year. It would be great to be able to slow things down, and grind out long drives once we've established a lead. Quick scores accompanied by 4 and outs does little to help out a defense that is getting pushed around in the run game.

It was great to see that Jennings and Sills were two of the Iron Mountaineer award winners this year. These two guys are most likely the receivers that Grier will look to the most in short yardage situations. Good to know that they are busting it out in the weight room, especially Sills. He has the frame, but he needed to beef up some to aid in fighting for the ball.

Posted on: 4/8 12:58 am

Pitt Hater
From Athens GA
Tennessee is a raging dumpster fire. If we lose to them it's going to be a very long season.

Posted on: 4/8 12:33 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
Where's the beef? WVU to Field Bigger, More Physical O-Line in 2018

Quote:
Wick has got 6-foot-7-inch, 306-pound Colton McKivitz and 6-foot-5-inch, 318-pound Yodny Cajuste at the tackle spots, 6-foot-6-inch, 326-pound Josh Sills and 6-foot-6-inch, 335-pound Isaiah Hardy at the two guard positions, and either 6-foot-3-inch, 325-pound Matt Jones or 6-foot-3-inch, 301-pound Jacob Buccigrossi at center.

WVU springs into offseason with new storylines

Posted on: 4/10 4:24 pm

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
Thats a lotta beef.
good article too.

Posted on: 4/12 9:06 pm

« 1 2 (3)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved