Re: Bears Make Good Hunting Gameday Thread

From Alkol, Lincoln County
first to 70.

Posted on: 3/8 11:43 pm

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
kansas shot 56% tonight we are at 44%

We still need to improve, but after the slow start I think we are finding our groove. Dax is hot.

Posted on: 3/8 11:43 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
Quote:

Proud2BanEer wrote:

Nobodies hating. But what are you positively judging (yes, judging) Teddy on?

He's had a couple of good games and can score under the basket. When we get stagnant as we often do we need someone who is willing to drive and draw fouls.

He isn't learning anything sitting on the bench. Surely he can be disciplined or encouraged in a productive manner. There is more than one way to crack a nut. If that isn't a saying it should be lol.

Posted on: 3/8 11:44 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Esa with another missed dunk. I think he tries to throw it down too hard and misses.

Posted on: 3/8 11:47 pm

Eat Shit Pitt

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Esa with another missed dunk. I think he tries to throw it down too hard and misses.

I would have killed to be tall enough to dunk. I sure wouldn t miss if a could get above the rim.

And he redeems himself.

Posted on: 3/8 11:54 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
Good win. Glad they turned up the volume and kicked some bear butt.

Posted on: 3/8 11:56 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Bear hanger steak. Yum.

Open in new window

Now we just have to kill and cook a Red Raider tomorrow night. Whatever the Hell a Red Raider is.

Posted on: 3/9 12:03 am

Eat Shit Pitt

Here for the Beer
From Aberdeen, NC
West an Ahmad had energy tonight that I've never seen. Add in a big man that's not Konate that didn't suck and we've got ourself a team. Good game by Logan. Good team game.

Posted on: 3/9 12:04 am

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
That was a nice win. They looked like they were just playing their game and it didn't look like they had to expend too much energy to get the win. Baylor looked to be tying to match WVU's physicality and couldn't and it backfired on them. I like that for once a free-throw shooting contest went in WVU's favor, it probably saved some legs for our guys for tomorrow night.

Posted on: 3/9 12:06 am

RadioShark wrote:
This game has been so thisisridic!

Grant Ave. Warrior
Played damn well from 7 minute mark of first half till last 4 minutes of 2nd. The defense was intense the entire night and the offense got it going. Man if Dax gets hot...

Posted on: 3/9 12:08 am

From Alkol, Lincoln County
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Whatever the Hell a Red Raider is.

period pirate?

Posted on: 3/9 12:12 am

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Triple bear wins this season without firing our best. Now let's aim for the Red Raider.

Posted on: 3/9 12:13 am

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
I agree about Teddy being wasted right now. I also think that if Bob can find a way to completely overhaul his play style philosophy to take better advantage of his players, which he did with the press, then he should be doing the same thing with his teaching and motivational techniques. For example, I honestly think that Bob has done a very poor job, from the limited time i see him screaming and cussing at players that look beat down, when you look at what that kind of constant pressure from your coach, and little to no positive reinforcement has done to players that are not reaching their potential at all. Some examples;
Teddy Allen - Teddy has been LITERALLY the only player that seemed like he even wanted to move at all at times, and has single handidly pulled our collective asses out of the fire when we have gone stagnant offensively. Yeah he looks like a headache to coach at times, but some players react better to things other than screaming, and for a kid with this much potential, I fail to see anything on gameday that suggests Huggins wants to win more than be stubborn at times. No I'm not saying make excuses for Teddy, but to not even try to adjust to a player's personality seems like a stubborn, and counter productive way to be if you're a hall of fame head coach.
Lamont West - Almost the same story but for different reasons. I continue to see Lamont seem disinterested or unmotivated at times. I don't remember Bob yelling at him as much as this year. When Lamont was hitting shots, you could call it a push for Huggins, but he's clearly either down on himself, or in a shooting slump and continuing to give the "whatever" attitude. Something needs to be done. A different approach needs to be tried here, and yet again, i see Bob doing the same things.
Magic Bender - I still think this was and continues to be a case of wasted potential. Something's in his head and has been. While they have been brief, we have seen flashes that Bender can be a much better player and contribute a lot more. He is far more gifted than Logan, but here's the difference. Logan looks comfortable and is as tall. Bender looks completely out of place, and unsure of himself. Yet again, same thing from Bob. Screaming and cussing.
Yeah I know that Bob is great at a LOT of things, and has proven that he can be flexible in a LOT of things. I just don't understand why he continues to be so rigid, when, to me, so much more could be gotten from some of these kids. No, I am not at practice, so I understand my views may be flawed. And yes, I know that there are assistants to nurture these kids through a lot of this stuff. Still. there is NO substitute for game day experience on a team, just like there is NO substitute for game day success for a player. I think as good as this team is, to throw away so much talent, rather than to try a different approach and be a little more flexible in your personality is just a bad coaching move, and at least to those of us with a limited view, it looks costly and stubborn.

One last thing.. STOP STALLING WHEN YOU HAVE A FREAKIN LEAD IN THE SECOND HALF.. that fuking kills me, and has cost us at least 4 games and even more big second half leads.. These used to be the times that we counted on Teddy to pick this team up and carry their ass until they would get moving again.. not so much anymore... But it's worth it even if it costs us a lead in the tournament, as long as the coaches don't have to put up with his attitude, right?

Posted on: 3/9 12:34 am

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
DAX and JC need to propel this team to glory. These are their final games and leadership from these two superstars will motivate the others to victory. Dax has a great night hitting 3s and I hope that continues. The free throw shooting is essential and all players need to keep the improvements along this shooting and step up on the field shooting. We have shooters but the misses are going to be swishes very soon.

Posted on: 3/9 7:50 am

Pitt Hater
From St. Louis, MO
If we score more points than our opponents we will win.

Posted on: 3/9 8:09 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
I agree that having Teddy in the game really helps us offensively, the problem is he is nowhere near the defender that Harris has become.

Posted on: 3/9 8:28 am

Pitt Hater
From Bradley, WV
Carter getting shoved out of the Baylor huddle was freakin' hilarious! He knew he was getting inside their heads at that point. His sly smile said it all.

Posted on: 3/9 9:07 am

Makin' it Rain
Dax Fact: He was awesome last night!

Posted on: 3/9 9:30 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
Teddy is not a waste. He may not score, but by slashing and dancing around the cylinder he can potentially draw fouls. He may not be thriving but he is far from useless

Posted on: 3/9 11:31 am

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved