We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 »

Lamonte McDougle
Noob
From Williamsport, MD
Chris Anderson on Eersports reporting that McDougle will be leaving the program very soon.. Siting McDougle being homesick as the main reason. At this point it's being very hush hush as the coaching staff attempts to change his mind & keep him in place.

Really can't afford to lose another DL let alone a freshmen All-American DL. Hopefully the coaching staff can talk him through it & get his head right for the upcoming season.

Posted on: 3/29 7:16 am

- J Funk
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lamonte McDougle
WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
This does not bode well.

Posted on: 3/29 9:46 am

Eat Shit Pitt

Party Machine
Hahahahahaha. Our D line is going to be awful. Hopefully we have 1-2 guys break out and end up decent. Hope there are plenty of grad transfers. Oh yea and we only have 5 scholarship CBs too lol.

Posted on: 3/29 11:21 am

Party Machine
Can anyone give any info on any grad transfers we are looking at for D line or CB?

Posted on: 3/29 11:26 am

Noob
From Williamsport, MD
Quote:

jkmaynard wrote:
Can anyone give any info on any grad transfers we are looking at for D line or CB?

I honestly don't know specifics, but Chris Anderson keeps hinting that the coaching staff is about to lock up a VERY solid D Line grad transfer. No word on who this is that I'm aware of. As for CB I haven't read much in that regard. I'm assuming the staff will move a safety or two into the CB role. Complete speculation on my end on that though. I have been reading that Darius Stills has really been turning heads in camp. Bulked up & showing great gap assignment. Some say McDougal was upset that coaches would be rotating him due to Stills stepping up. McDougal transferred to 3 different high schools & committed to Washington State before landing at WVU. Commitment issues possibly??

Posted on: 3/29 11:54 am

- J Funk

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
The funny thing is our D line will probably be much more talented than last year, just no experience.

Posted on: 3/29 6:43 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
It appears that McDougal has indeed transferred.

Hey I weight 230 and can easily get up to 245...maybe I can play DL this year.

Boy oh boy Stills better be GOOD

Posted on: 3/29 8:16 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From M
On the radio is said that he wants to play in a better system that will allow him to get more tackles. Sounds to me like he see's the 3-3-5 defense holding him back. Which sucks imo because we will never be a legit contender to even win the B12 until we start getting better DLmen. Been saying it for years and havent seen any evidence to make me believe otherwise. Good thing we have Stills coming in. He maybe our only legit guy on the DL.

Posted on: 3/30 3:36 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
...As the World Turns....churp, churp, churp,....churp, churp, churp

Posted on: 3/30 7:31 pm

Pitt Hater
I doubt it is easy to recruit players by telling them they are there mostly to take up space and blocks, be double teamed on every play and let the linebackers make the big plays in this system.

Posted on: 3/30 8:09 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
To me its a bad move by him, he stuck it out 2 or 3 more years, and he prob had a high chance of making NFL. Obviously, NFL scouts know your playing in 3-3-5 system and your stats won't be high. Not saying he won't do just as well where he goes but why tinker with success.

Posted on: 3/31 8:39 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From RT. 50
Good nose guards from a 3-3-5 are usually drafted because more is require of them. They have to swallow up two gaps and double teams to free up the backers. I'm not sure why he'd be upset with a rotation. Playing one way in college is harder then play both ways in high school especially when it's a day game and hot af!

Posted on: 3/31 10:27 am

Suspected Punter
From Sneads Ferry, NC
Good news: West Virginia University football coach Dana Holgorsen has announced that USC graduate transfer Kenny Bigelow Jr., a 6-3, 300-pound defensive lineman from Elkton, Maryland, has signed a grant-in-aid for the 2018-19 academic year.

Posted on: 3/31 11:37 am

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
He was a 5 star recruit but has had 2 knee injuries.

http://wvusports.com/news/2018/3/31/f ... nces-roster-addition.aspx

Posted on: 3/31 2:30 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Better than nothing man

Posted on: 3/31 3:41 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
The guy is a body who is a former 5*. If he can reach 1/4 of his talent combined with Stills it will be a big help. Probably need another transfer too to provide bodies

Posted on: 3/31 4:00 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
If he's healthy this could be a game changer. Our defense doesn't have to be the best of all time this year, just make a few key stops and get the ball back to the best QB in the nation.

Posted on: 3/31 7:27 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Yep. Fingers crossed, obviously has the tools if he was a five star. If he's healthy and realizes he's got something to prove if he wants to fulfill the potential, it could be a very positive thing. At worst, it's experienced help from another Power 5 conference.

Posted on: 3/31 7:51 pm

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

chubs wrote:
Good nose guards from a 3-3-5 are usually drafted because more is require of them. They have to swallow up two gaps and double teams to free up the backers. I'm not sure why he'd be upset with a rotation. Playing one way in college is harder then play both ways in high school especially when it's a day game and hot af!

Very true - there is little difference for a nose guard in the 3-3-5 or the 3-4-3. In both cases the Nose Guard is asked to be a force who requires an extra blocker and thus frees up a rushing LB. Those players who require double teams in the pros are worth a lot of $$ so if he has pro aspirations he's not doing himself any favors. Hope it works out for him.

Posted on: 3/31 10:24 pm

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
To me its a bad move by him, he stuck it out 2 or 3 more years, and he prob had a high chance of making NFL. Obviously, NFL scouts know your playing in 3-3-5 system and your stats won't be high. Not saying he won't do just as well where he goes but why tinker with success.

Maybe he thinks he’ll grow a couple inches somewhere else?

Posted on: 4/1 7:36 am

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

(1) 2 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved