We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2)

Re: Lamonte McDougle
Suspected Punter
Exactly. No nfl team is going to give him a serious look at 5'9" but his only chance is as a stout nose that can just eat up blockers. He's not athletic enough to be a 4-3 dtackle. Some of these kids need a dose of reality sometimes. He wants to play in a system where he can get double digit sacks and a bunch of tackles lol. He should of just looked up darrien Howard. Who waited til his senior year to start. Was higher rated than him and also got screwed every year with his redshirt getting pulled late. Had sixty some tackles his senior year. Was damn good. Also Gibson was on the radio with caridi and he was asked if he thought Stills having such a great spring had anything to do with mcdougal leaving and he didn't pull any punches. It was a hell yes. I always thought losing shuler was the bigger loss because he had two more years at d end where we just don't have the bodies. Losing Williams late to osu was such a **** downer. Had the most potential of all our dline commits. Older Stills needs to get his weight up to 290-300. Young Stills needs to get to about 265-280. Tavis is up to 245 already. I hope he redshirted but if he keeps getting bigger they'll have a hard time rs him or any of the dlineman. Allen is gonna be a stud too. Just an awful lot to ask of freshman. LB worries me more than corner and prolly the dline too

Posted on: 4/13 10:01 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Suspected Punter
Sry bout the damn book I just wrote. Got a lil buzz going

Posted on: 4/13 10:01 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
Quote:

westonian420 wrote:
Sry bout the damn book I just wrote. Got a lil buzz going

Open in new window

Posted on: 4/13 10:03 pm

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
Quote:

SchmittBreal wrote:
If he's healthy this could be a game changer. Our defense doesn't have to be the best of all time this year, just make a few key stops and get the ball back to the best QB in the nation.

THAT

Posted on: 4/14 7:45 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Preseason last year, I wasn't that worried about D-line, like many we thought Adam Shuler was on the verge of becoming a star. That wasn't the case, and the D-line was below average. This year the Stills progress could mean the diffence of a good or average d-line. The potential and depth is better than last year.
The CB spot, I'm less worried with Pitts in there, I think he can learn and adapt well. Though I don't see this as a strength in our defense.
The linebacker spot is one injury away from having to start freshman, which is very bad since most of our recruits are not plug and play 4 or 5 star guys.

Right now on paper the starting 11 on defense looks legit.
With 11 power 5 games, I just don't see the defense holding up, injuries will happen as they do every season. The lack of depth due to transfers and injuries already this spring could spell trouble by midseason. Especially, If the offense is run the same way last year, then expect the defense to be out on the field at least 60% of the time.

DE Rose -Average
NT Stills - Above average
DE Donahue -Above average
SAM Benton -Average
Mike Tonkery - Average
Will Long- Excellent
LC Bailey - Average
SPUR Askew-Henry- Above average
FS Robinson - Excellent
BS Avery - Above average
RC Pitts - Above average
Depth is poor at Linebacker and Corner
Depth is average at frontline(Especially if we pickup transfer fm Clemson) and safety.

Posted on: 4/14 7:52 am

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
I think Tonkery is above average. I look for him to be a little improved from last.

Posted on: 4/14 10:15 am

Suspected Punter
Jameschi,

I think our depth is better than average at both D-line and safety, especially if we are able to secure Jabril Robinson. It would mean DEs Zeke Rose and Reese Donahue starting (both returning starters), with backups in the rotation Robinson, Jeffery Pooler, and Dante Stills. I like that rotation a lot. I also like the 3-man depth at nose with Darius Stills, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Brenon Thrift. That gives us 8 men on the line, with 4 of them seniors. That is depth and experience.

Safety has three returning starters in Dravon, Avery, and Robinson, plus backups Norwoood (JC all American and former Buckeye), Stewart, Brown, and incoming Kwantel Raines. There is still Johns, Smith, and Lindsay. Safety is good. Our second team is very good.

Corner isn't as bad as you think. We have grad-transfer senior Fisher, the incumbent Bailey, Derrek Pitts, and former Wolverine Washington in the 2-deep, along with youngsters Long and Mahone. This unit is a little less experienced than DL or S, but the talent is there. Time for Belk to coach em up.

LB is excellent at the top in Long and maybe Tonk. Can the new guys (Benton, Chandler), the injured (Qualls, Loe, doubtfully Ferns), and the young guys (Sandwisch, Hensley) step up and fill the third slot and the depth? If yes, I think this D can actually be pretty good and deep. Injuries and the learning curve are the obvious wild cards.

Posted on: 4/14 11:17 am

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
The one thing that i have gotten from all of this, is a positive, and something that i NEVER thought i would hear with Dana being the head coach.. It's this:
Lamont was a Freshman All American last year. And from the talk, rather blunt and to the point at times, he was going to lose a LOT of PT to Stills. Iam VERY suprised to hear this much positive stuff about Darius Stills already. And theres nothing subtle about what the coaches say they see in him. So yeah, there should be 0 suprise that Lamont tranferred. He was apparently homesick, but really, he had to see the same things that the coaches said they were seeing out of Darius. He had to see what that meant for him. And if I'm being honest, Lamont leaving, imho, truly confirms that what the coaches are saying about big Stills being the best NT theyve had, being unblockable at times, and just being a man out there, more than anything the coaches could say. He's a damn Freshman ALL AMERICAN, staring at rehab, homesickness, and most of all losing your job to another guy who is ALSO only a sophomore, and why would he stay at all? Yeah it would have been nice to have two guys that good. but literally everything that i have heard says Darius is an upgrade. Imagine if they would have figured this out last year, and run Darius in for Lamont... hmm

Posted on: 4/14 1:55 pm

Pitt Hater
From Jersey Boy in Richmond, VA
He was homesick but transferred to Washington State. HMM something is off.

Posted on: 5/17 10:20 am

Pitt Hater
From Atlanta, GA
You know the saying: Home is where the cash is

Posted on: 5/17 10:22 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

pmgreen wrote:
He was homesick but transferred to Washington State. HMM something is off.

I read somewhere that's where his girlfriend goes. You know what kind of homesick that is.

Posted on: 5/17 11:29 am

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Home sick as in

I’m home, panties down!!

Posted on: 5/17 12:16 pm

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Grant Ave. Warrior
From spencer
He wanted to be the man. He did not want to rotate at his position. He wanted more star power at nt. If you listen to Gibby you can feel the animosity hidden in his words. I don’t think he was a team player and did not leave on good terms. The coaches always talk up the kids that leave but not him

Posted on: 5/17 7:39 pm

« 1 (2)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved